[INFO] 10th Annual Korean Music Festival [How was the show?]

Guest YuffieK

Guest Melry

have you tried emailing them? they are pretty prompt about replying.

i think this is their email addy: events@koreatimes.com

Thank you so much! I just emailed them, hopefully they'll email me back soon. I had no idea they have an email address.

@ s@nbi

I called all of those numbers all day yesterday and they just kept ringing. If I don't get an answer from the email or when I call, I'm going to go to the office and ask. Wish me luck and I'll keep everyone posted, in case there are others that are having the same issues.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 91DLG

I've been looking for info about this group Arirang, and found this:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Alilang_Group

Apparently the actual name is Arirang Group, and they're this chinese pop act, made up of 4 korean guys (apparently now 3, judging by the KMF picture?). They don't seem to have released much music... But according to wiki theyre popular "among the Chinese young as well as among the Korean Chinese".

I found their picture and the guys look the same to me as those in the KMF pic:

*quoted image*

What do you think?

Thank you so much for looking them up! I'm really interested to see them perform now!

Guest donghaelove77

Just wanted to let everyone know that you can still get your tickets mailed to you even if you chose will call. I made that mistake and called them to have them mailed to me. It wasn't a problem. They charged me $7.50 but I got them within a week.

Hoping this information is helpful to somebody.

Is anyone still looking for a room?

I have a double at the Sheraton from Thursday night to Sunday night (I'm leaving at like... 4am Monday morning) and all my friends who were supposed to go have bailed on me except the one who lives in LA and doesn't need a room.

I've got a pretty good rate ($125 a night), but in this economy, cheaper is always better, right?

Guest uh-ohxev

Sad I won't be able to go to KMF this year.. wanted to see MBLAQ ): I'm selling 1 rampbox ticket if anyone is interested!

Hope everyone has fun this year! ^ ^ You'll have fun! Idols or not! If anything use the trip as a chance to sightsee California! Go to Disneyland! ;)

Guest dayyRAINE

Is anyone still looking for a room?

I have a double at the Sheraton from Thursday night to Sunday night (I'm leaving at like... 4am Monday morning) and all my friends who were supposed to go have bailed on me except the one who lives in LA and doesn't need a room.

I've got a pretty good rate ($125 a night), but in this economy, cheaper is always better, right?

sorry i would help you out, but my parents and friends would not allow us to share a room with strangers. but may i ask what promo code you used for that rate? you can PM me.

Guest kevincontreras

Sooo I just double checked my tix and it has a misprint? The "2" in 12(seat number) is small and weak haha... should I call Korea Times? I'm trying to sell them and I don't want them to think its fake

sorry i would help you out, but my parents and friends would not allow us to share a room with strangers. but may i ask what promo code you used for that rate? you can PM me.

It's not a promo code. Its a government /military rate.

Any body know when they will be finished announcing the lineup? Didn't they announce all the artists by this time last year? :/ Buuuut I'm really fine with whoever is going.

What's it like staying at the Sheraton? Does it get really crazy? I'm going to be going with my mom and I don't want her to be too freaked out by all the fan girls. lol

Any body know when they will be finished announcing the lineup? Didn't they announce all the artists by this time last year? :/ Buuuut I'm really fine with whoever is going.

What's it like staying at the Sheraton? Does it get really crazy? I'm going to be going with my mom and I don't want her to be too freaked out by all the fan girls. lol

I've never had any problems at the Sheraton.

As for the level of craziness, it depends on the fangroups there. Last year it didn't really get very bad with the 4nia's and Kiss Me's, but in '10 when 2PM, was there, it was insane. We ended up having to go back up on the elevators at one point because 2PM was trying to get onto an elevator and the hottests had squeezed in so tight trying to get at them that there was no way to get out. Of course, that was also before they started increasing security and kicking out people who weren't hotel guests.

Guest jhandojo

Does anyone need a room at the Sheraton Thursday to Sunday? There are three of us right now and we're looking to add 2-3 more people. PM me!

Guest Rainshower01

I am just annoyed with KMF already. If that is the line up for this year just say so, but if there are more then they should say it by now. I don't mind with the line up but it would be nice to have one big group perform. This year is the worst year ever because they are pushing the limit with us who purchase the ticket and wanting to know who is coming because majority of the audience are waiting for idols to come. If this is it for the ten year anniversary. I don't know if i will be coming back next year for this because I rather wait for SMTOWN, YG, Beast or Music Bank to come to United State to perform.

I think we should email KMF are say something. I been going to this event for couple of years now and this is the first year they are not organize and taking forever to announce the line up. They just post last year video to tease us or something because last year was alright, but come on here we all know that it take them a while for them to announce the line up but this year its not cool at all. The big announcement was only MBLAQ and Brown Eye Grils.

Guest CUTiEPuNCH

I am just annoyed with KMF already. If that is the line up for this year just say so, but if there are more then they should say it by now. I don't mind with the line up but it would be nice to have one big group perform. 

I think there will be something more and I think it will be REALLY BIG

1. The concert is a full hour longer than before.

2. But there are less performers than before by 6 groups!

3. It is a big 10 year anniversary show. 

4. K-pop is more influential this year than ever before, with multiple groups debuting in America.

I'm crossing my fingers for the best, but what else would they be doing with the extra time from less bands plus the extra time from an extra hour?

Guest newismyname

I agree with rainshower01 (half agree)

it is a korean music festival after all so it doesnt really guarantee a good amount of of popular idols groups

but I agree that its kind of annoying that KMF isnt really...telling us anything? Like if this is the final line up, then say so so people can sell their tickets (if they dont want to go anymore) or people can cancel their flights/hotel rooms etc. Its exactly exactly 2 weeks from the concert and I really want to know at least one more idol group...cause then I know I could spend just a liiittle more on SMTOWN and get just a cheap so-so ticket for KMF.

and then with cutiepunch

that was my thought exactly. They have been really promoting like "oh 10 year anniversary" for this concert so I was really expecting something really big (crossing my fingers!) and kpop has reallly...like exploded this year (and part of last year) and lot of people are getting into kpop so I'm still hoping for some good names to pop up in the last line ups and such.. (come on korean times! just...at least one more? ;; ) so...i really hope they know what they are doing ;;

Guest EunSeob24

This isn't related to KMF but...

I have a question about Koreatown at LA

I was planning on going to Koreatown, but I'm so curious about how much are the CDs are at the plaza or at the galleria.I heard that the plaza's cd store overprice their CDs. Is that true? I heard it's like $16 and up. Which I find a bit expensive.

Is the cd store at the Galleria expensive too??

Cuz there's cds i want to buy so bad but i don't want to spend like $20 for one cd.

Guest Yoona4life

I was planning on going to Koreatown, but I'm so curious about how much are the CDs are at the plaza or at the galleria.I heard that the plaza's cd store overprice their CDs. Is that true? I heard it's like $16 and up. Which I find a bit expensive.

Cuz there's cds i want to buy so bad but i don't want to spend like $20 for one cd.

I'm not sure how much the CD's cost since I usually look at merchandise instead, but the plaza has 2 stores so if you dont know go to the plaza first then galleria

Guest x_lailaibaybee

In my opinion, the plaza does overprice their CDs. Some mini-albums are in the $16-$19 range, and full albums are about $20-$23. I've never been to the CD store at the galleria, so I can't really compare and help you out with that. Sorry!

Archived