[INFO] 10th Annual Korean Music Festival [How was the show?]

Guest YuffieK

Guest seancena

You're right. It is risk assessment. The reason I took the risk this year is because I thought the 10th anniversary would bring some really popular groups. I thought there would be a good chance that the girl groups I like would come; especially since they have never attended KMF before. However, I was wrong. I'm sure I speak for a lot  of people when I say a big reason people go crazy over tickets initially is because they don't want to be left out in the cold. If you don't have a good seat and your favorite artist(s) does attend KMF, you are stuck having to pay exorbitant amounts for tickets from people who want to make a profit. You guys and gals who are still going, have a great time.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YuffieK

You're right. It is risk assessment. The reason I took the risk this year is because I thought the 10th anniversary would bring some really popular groups. I thought there would be a good chance that the girl groups I like would come; especially since they have never attended KMF before. However, I was wrong. I'm sure I speak for a lot  of people when I say a big reason people go crazy over tickets initially is because they don't want to be left out in the cold. If you don't have a good seat and your favorite artist(s) does attend KMF, you are stuck having to pay exorbitant amounts for tickets from people who want to make a profit. You guys and gals who are still going, have a great time.

Yeah, it's sad that most people who resell tickets not only try to make a profit, but charge WAYY more than the original price :/. They usually lower prices a lot right before the show, but then you run the risk of not having a ticket. It's really disappointing hearing that you wont be able to go, but I really don't blame you. It is a huge investment, and if you need to make plans and arrangements it's really difficult when you don't know who will be there, especially if that's what convinces you to go or not.

In other news, have you guys seen this video KMF posted of MBLAQ yet?

(Are.... are they in a bounce house? LOL!!!)

Guest BenTheShortall

You guys need to calm down. Korea Times does not -guarantee- idols, especially the top idols right now. By buying a KMF ticket, you are kinda agreeing to see whatever KMF decides to bring to the lineup. I think the non-refund policy exists just for that reason; there will always be people unsatisfied with the lineup. Be grateful they're even bringing Korean artists to LA in the first place.

LOL. Those of you complaining about the organization obviously didn't go to the KMF in New Jersey last October. Now that was some seriously f*ed up organization. I will gladly pay $200-300+ for the KMF'Hollywood Bowl's brand of 'disorganization' than deal with that 'free' concert ever again.

And the long list of idol groups that were there - Beast, 4Minute, TVXQ, Shinee, 2PM, etc - were not worth it. At all. The real highlights of that weekend were seeing my family, going to a few musicals in NYC and meeting Hugh Jackman. The KPop side of the trip was far too frustrating to enjoy.

This will be my fourth trip down to LA for this festival from Seattle and I have always enjoyed it. And honestly, half the time, the older generations put on a far better show than the idols. In '08, I went for TVXQ and they weren't anywhere near the top performers there. In fact, I'd put them towards the bottom... And at the time, the only Korean group I liked was TVXQ. There's nothing quite like realizing that your favorite idol group has been totally outclassed by three quarters of the other performers.

I've found so many new artists through KMF.

KPop Masters was pretty good, but it was embarrassing how empty the arena was and it was stupidly expensive. (no, $300 was not VIP tix. that was basically the MGM Grand Arena's equivalent of the Hollywood Bowl's Pool Circle, Garden Box, Ramp Box, and Terrace Box sections.) I don't regret going, but I doubt I'll ever do it again.

KMF on the other hand... I will continue to go every year I'm able.

This will be my fourth trip down to LA for this festival from Seattle and I have always enjoyed it. And honestly, half the time, the older generations put on a far better show than the idols. In '08, I went for TVXQ and they weren't anywhere near the top performers there. In fact, I'd put them towards the bottom... And at the time, the only Korean group I liked was TVXQ. There's nothing quite like realizing that your favorite idol group has been totally outclassed by three quarters of the other performers.

I agree (except the part about DBSK being towards the bottom xD). I've been to KMF a couple of times, and I always find myself enjoying the other performers more than watching my favorite idols.

And the video message from MBLAQ about KMF is adorable!!! I"ve been waiting for them to mention something about it..

24 MORE DAYS!!!

Guest 91DLG

You guys that are complaining about KMF, I understand your frustrations, and believe me I agree on several notes, but this is NOT the place to be complaining about it. Like xeudaemonic said, if you have an issue, talk to Korea Times directly. Tell THEM what you feel should be worked on, so maybe they will try their best to fix it.

While I agree of things being ran poorly, and I do admit that I go mainly for the idol groups, I am really disappointed seeing everyone continually putting KMF down. If you don't like it, don't go. If you pay money, but are unhappy with it- go to them directly, get a refund or something, but the complaining has gotten excessive.

WE are the ones buying the tickets, so obviously since they have had very successful shows in the past (in regards to ticket sales and attendance), they don't really have a need to change things. Is it right? Depends on who you ask, but we shouldn't feel entitled to anything, because at the end of the day we are extremely lucky we even get these opportunities to see these artists in the first place.

If you are that concerned about getting the most bang for your buck. seeing ALL the idols you love, or if you don't care about the trot or older singers- save your money and go to a different concert. It's that simple. It's pretty obvious now that since kpop is getting bigger in the states, there are more and more opportunities to see idols so it's not like KMF is your only chance.

If you are trying to discuss why people should or shouldn't go to KMF, or why someone should go to KMF or another concert instead, do just that. Discuss. Discuss does not mean to complain, or state your opinions as facts, because they are just that. Opinions.

For those of you that have been extremely disappointed about KMF in the past, I am so sorry. In the past two years that I've gone, I've always had an amazing time and I'm hoping this year will be the same. Even the artists I was unfamiliar with were amazing live, and I was always pleasantly surprised. I've always had a blast hanging out with friends, and even making new ones. It's sad to me when people just criticize KMF when I have so so many good memories because of them.

Sorry for having such a long post, I just wanted to get this off of my chest!

Sorry for quoting this super long post, but thank you so much for writing this. I am so tired of coming into this topic to check news/discuss things only to find people complaining everywhere. You can be upset with Korea Times and all, but don't keep on complaining about it in here. I also have really great memories with KMF, so I'm also upset with all the hate.

Anyway, thanks for writing this post and being very logical about everything. I'm very lucky because MBLAQ is my bias group and BEG happens to be my friend's bias group, so obviously we're very excited. I hope everyone can remain positive until the line up is officially confirmed. And if you can't wait, then sell your tickets or complain politely to KT, but try not to ruin it for the rest of us.

Guest Lianre

*sigh* i came here to see when the next line-up is going to be announced but there doesn't seem to be much info.

its really not convenient for me for them to take this long since i live NO where near L.A. and i am deciding on Kmf or SM town

and i have to make a pretty quick decision since i am not filthy rich and cant afford to go to L.A. twice in a row.

seeing what people are saying bout the Kmf. i guess i'll go to Sm town. can't really afford to wait much longer.

gee! I feel for all the people coming from outta state! i guess its on who want to see more

This will be my first KMF ever so I'm super excited. I remember when I first got into kpop and this festival was always during finals week (mid-May) so I could never go then. I still kinda have my fingers crossed for a rookie group to join since there's so many good ones out right now but definitely happy to be seeing BEG!! :)

I'm flying in from the east coast on Thursday though so if anyone will be there already I could use a floor to crash on that first night. My hotel roomy isn't coming till Friday and she booked the room.

This will be my first KMF ever so I'm super excited. I remember when I first got into kpop and this festival was always during finals week (mid-May) so I could never go then. I still kinda have my fingers crossed for a rookie group to join since there's so many good ones out right now but definitely happy to be seeing BEG!! :)

I'm flying in from the east coast on Thursday though so if anyone will be there already I could use a floor to crash on that first night. My hotel roomy isn't coming till Friday and she booked the room.

Coming from the East Coast as well on Thursday ^o^ This is my first time too omg. lol And they always do run into Finals week, which thankfully, Finals end for me for KMF Weekend. I have a room by myself for the whole trip, if you want you can bunk with me for the night? Just PM me :3 We'll sort out details later? and Intros o-o'

Anyways. For all yall complaining its a risk to take.

TBH I'm going so I can get out of state and have some fun for once without my parents watching over my shoulders, and to show them I'm responsible. I'm already excited to see Any famous artist. MBLAQ BEG, Lena Park, etc. This is probably the only chance I can go, so I want to make it worth it. Sightsee like a true Tourist kekeke lol.

Guest Des Choi

<br />Coming from the East Coast as well on Thursday ^o^ This is my first time too omg. lol And they always do run into Finals week, which thankfully, Finals end for me for KMF Weekend. I have a room by myself for the whole trip, if you want you can bunk with me for the night? Just PM me :3 We'll sort out details later? and Intros o-o'<br /><br />Anyways. For all yall complaining its a risk to take. <br /><br />TBH I'm going so I can get out of state and have some fun for once without my parents watching over my shoulders, and to show them I'm responsible. I'm already excited to see Any famous artist. MBLAQ BEG, Lena Park, etc. This is probably the only chance I can go, so I want to make it worth it. <b>Sightsee like a true Tourist</b> kekeke lol.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This will probably be the only chance my sister gets to come with me lol. This is our first year so it will be memorable xD

Sightseeing is a MUST ahaha

diawook you are also welcome to bunk with us if you'd like :)

<br /><br /><br />

This will probably be the only chance my sister gets to come with me lol. This is our first year so it will be memorable xD

Sightseeing is a MUST ahaha

diawook you are also welcome to bunk with us if you'd like :)

Exactly! lol.

I will have a blast, and if not, I'll make it a blast. Plus it's my birthday after KMF so I better have fun XD

Guest 91DLG

Coming from the East Coast as well on Thursday ^o^ This is my first time too omg. lol And they always do run into Finals week, which thankfully, Finals end for me for KMF Weekend. I have a room by myself for the whole trip, if you want you can bunk with me for the night? Just PM me :3 We'll sort out details later? and Intros o-o'

Anyways. For all yall complaining its a risk to take.

TBH I'm going so I can get out of state and have some fun for once without my parents watching over my shoulders, and to show them I'm responsible. I'm already excited to see Any famous artist. MBLAQ BEG, Lena Park, etc. This is probably the only chance I can go, so I want to make it worth it. Sightsee like a true Tourist kekeke lol.

If you're looking for a place to just walk around, go shopping and eat, you should go to The Grove (http://www.thegrovela.com/) which is about 20 minutes away from the Sheraton! It's a really nice outdoor shopping complex with lots of great food as well! If you don't want to eat at a restaurant, the Farmer's Market is right next to it, and it's filled with lots of food stalls and outdoor seating. Plus, you might see artists there!  Last year, G.NA went there (she even tweeted pictures of her at The Grove) and Kevin and Eli from U-KISS also went there (fans saw them shopping and Kevin tweeted a picture). I'm def. going to The Grove to get some lunch and try to find some artists. Hehe.

I hope you have a lot of fun on your trip! :D A lot of people forget that KMF is also a vacation, so make sure to see as much as you can~ ^__^

Guest shibbi

Do you have to rent a room at the hotel in order to stay long enough for an autograph?

There's no guarantee for an autograph and I always feel bad asking for one since I don't like disturbing them, but the chances of even running into them is not that high considering that I stayed at the same hotel the artists did in Vegas and MBLAQ didn't really come out that often on the day of the concert. I mean, you can always pretend you stay at the hotel, but I there's not set amount of time that you have to be there lol. If you're lucky you  might even run into them outside in the city somewhere.

Guest Yoona4life

There's no guarantee for an autograph and I always feel bad asking for one since I don't like disturbing them, but the chances of even running into them is not that high considering that I stayed at the same hotel the artists did in Vegas and MBLAQ didn't really come out that often on the day of the concert. I mean, you can always pretend you stay at the hotel, but I there's not set amount of time that you have to be there lol. If you're lucky you  might even run into them outside in the city somewhere.

Oh really? I read alot of stories and it seems so easy for them to get it. Well not that easy but they waited long enough to get one.

Guest heartstrings

I don't remember if this question has been asked before, but if you opted to pick your tickets up at Will Call at purchase then will they only be available there? Or, can you pick them up at the Korea Times office ahead of time - saaay this weekend..? :sweatingbullets:

Guest Yoona4life

I don't remember if this question has been asked before, but if you opted to pick your tickets up at Will Call at purchase then will they only be available there? Or, can you pick them up at the Korea Times office ahead of time - saaay this weekend..?  :sweatingbullets:

You should be able to pick up your tickets anytime you want at Korea Times office, I picked mine up last week.

Guest heartstrings

You should be able to pick up your tickets anytime you want at Korea Times office, I picked mine up last week.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I really hope they're open on Saturday since that's the only day I'd be able to go.

Guest Yoona4life

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I really hope they're open on Saturday since that's the only day I'd be able to go.

I wouldn't know about that D: I got mine on Monday and  I went to the Garden Grove one

Guest 91DLG

Oh really? I read alot of stories and it seems so easy for them to get it. Well not that easy but they waited long enough to get one.

When I went to KMF last year, I saw the artists at the hotel many times and got a signature from one of them. While it's not difficult to see the artists, getting a signature is kinda hard because there are lots of people waiting around the lobby and the managers don't like it if there's a huge crowd that wants signatures/pictures. Whenever there's a large crowd, I'd say 4-5 people get signatures at the most depending on how popular the idol is before the managers take them away. The only reason I was able to get a signature was because I noticed the idol and her small crew were going to the restaurant and only 3-4 other people noticed. It also helped that the idol and her crew were really nice about it. It's all about luck, really. Haha.

As for renting a room just for a signature, you don't need to, but it will help your chances! XD I didn't stay at the hotel though and I was able to get one.

edit: I should note that usually idols are the hardest to get signatures and pictures from. Artists that are not necessarily idols are more willing to give signatures and will allow you to take pictures with them probably because there isn't a sea of people around them :P

Archived