[INFO] 10th Annual Korean Music Festival [How was the show?]

Guest YuffieK

Guest Yoona4life

The best time is pretty much.... staying there the whole time XD. The artists all have different schedules, and they're always going in and out (some more than others) so no one really knows for sure. What I've noticed is the people that get the most autographs are the ones most dedicated in waiting hours and hours to get one, and even then you might see the artists a bunch of times before you could even ask for anything... so much luck involved!

I usually take CDs and posters with me at all times. Yeah, I have to fold the posters and the cds get kind of messed up, but if I manage to get an autograph on it- it's priceless!!! :DD I've gotten autographs at the last two KMFs I've gone to, so I'm hoping to have some good luck this year! :D

when do they usually arrive and leave LA?

And do SMTOWN have sponsor hotels?

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SufancyDeFTTS

I've post this in the selling thread. Just in case, please allow me to post it again in this KMF thread. I really need to sell my tix. sad.gif 

~~SELLING~~ (price reduced)

Concert: 10th Korean Music Festival 

Location, Date: Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles;  April 28, 2012 (Saturday)

Seat Area: Garden Box 574, Seat 1  (it's approx. on the left side of the stage)

Price I Am Selling For: $175  ---> $150 (free shipping if needed) Willing to negotiate! 

Preferred Payment: Paypal or Cash

My friend already have the ticket so if anyone needs a picture for proof, I can send one. 

If interested, please PM me or (preferably) email me at brieejae@gmail.com. 

Feel free to ask questions. Thank you for any inquiry. smile.gif 

Guest shibbi

when do they usually arrive and leave LA?

And do SMTOWN have sponsor hotels?

If I remember correctly SMTown LA '10 was sponsored by Sheraton and I *think* artists stayed there. But then again I didn't go and only heard about it so if I'm incorrect please correct me.

Don't know about when they come and go though, since it usually depends on if they have schedule before/after the concert in Korea and how lenient their company is with them staying extra days.

Guest kk310

I'd say that most usually seem to arrive by thur/fri & leave by Sunday. Some may come early, days before kmf but it's rare for them to stay long after kmf/sunday.

I'd say that most usually seem to arrive by thur/fri & leave by Sunday. Some may come early, days before kmf but it's rare for them to stay long after kmf/sunday.

Agreed. I always get there by Friday morning and most of the artists are either there (having gotten there on Thursday night) or just arriving and very few seem to stay past noon on Sunday.

Guest yunax21

for those who don't want to buy all 4 tickets for garden box seats... i'm selling TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and even at a cheaper price. you can't beat that!

SECTION: GARDEN BOXES

ROW: 623

SEAT: 3A,4A

pm me for more info (price, proof, etc.). i'm even willing to meet and give you the tickets in person as long as it's anywhere in K-TOWN LA. thanks!

Guest YuffieK

Agreed. I always get there by Friday morning and most of the artists are either there (having gotten there on Thursday night) or just arriving and very few seem to stay past noon on Sunday.

Yep, it's usually Thursday evening/Friday that they arrive. Soooometimes Wednesday, but it depends on the artists/company/what they're up to/etc.

Sunday is usually when they all leave.

For SM Town, a lot of the artists did stay at the Sheraton as well, but next month SM Town is going to be in Anaheim -not LA- so I have no idea where they'd be staying.

___

For an Easter present, Ktimes should surprise us with more artists.... xD

Guest eunha16

I don't know if it's just me, but people are making this way too much of a big deal than it should be.

Korean Music Festival has ALWAYS been this way. ALWAYS. EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Yet people complain about it EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Like seriously, you know they're going to do it again and again. The server is always going to crash, the artists list will always be out late, the older generation artists will always be released first. The younger groups will always be out later. People keep complaining about this when it's so repetitive of KMF to do this. If you guys have been going to KMF for so long, you guys should have expected this beforehand.

People keep complaining about the shoddy artists lists. Okey, we get it. People want IDOL GROUPS, not older generation artists. WELL GUESS WHAT. It's A KOREAN MUSIC FESTIVAL. Not a ALL IDOL GROUP ONLY MUSIC FESTIVAL. People are biased, yes. But you guys are being way too picky. and you guys aren't thinking realistically at all. Korean Music Festival is just a concert, that people have to work around. Your idol groups are doing what they can to try and make it and if they can't, BIG DEAL. They obviously have more important things to be doing, TOURS, CONCERTS, PROMOTIONS, COMEBACKS, ETC. You can't expect them to take time away from something their company had planned in their own schedule to come all the way to the US to perform for a night.

STOP COMPARING KMF TO SM TOWN.

SM TOWN IS ...

1. ONE COMPANY, so DUHH everyone's going to do know who's obviously coming and performing.

2. A TOUR, A WORLD TOUR - tours are handled more vigorously and strictly. they're planned 10x harder.

3. Because they're a PLANNED, THOUGHT-OUT TOUR, they're going to have more time to do things within their artists, like different joint stages, and going at different times.

KMF is literally a festival + a concert, nothing at all like a tour. So please be reasonable and stop complaining!

And I've gone to 3 KMF's and SM TOWN LA 2010 to know the differences.

I couldn't agree with you more.

Guest MaverickBunny02

Anyone looking for a ride down to KMF from the San Francisco Bay Area? I will be driving down from SF probably late Wednesday night around 12am or so and coming back to SF Sunday Afternoon.

I currently have 2 other girls in the car plus myself so I have room for 1 or 2 more people, its a great way to get down their cheaply as we all share the price of gas which is usually $200 round trip.

Those same girls and I are staying at the Sheraton and are willing to take in another 1 - 2 people in our room. We have 2 Double beds with only 3 people in the room so far.

If your interested in either a ride, sharing a room or both send me a DM

-Sheena

Guest genkang

Does anybody know if its possible or how possible is it to pass gifts to the celebrities? 

I am a big fan of Brown Eyed Girls. I would love to give them a bag of snacks and possibly a bottle of wine. I just don't know how or if possible I can get that to them.  

Thanks so much~ 

Guest soonpee

So what's the deal? Are they announcing anymore artists? The past 3-4 KMF's have had almost double the artists but this year seems like the weakest lineup in KMF history. 

Anyways, might have to sell my tickets because this is definitely not worth going to.

Guest seancena

Does anybody know if its possible or how possible is it to pass gifts to the celebrities? 

I am a big fan of Brown Eyed Girls. I would love to give them a bag of snacks and possibly a bottle of wine. I just don't know how or if possible I can get that to them.  

Thanks so much~ 

I have seen fancams of fans giving the artists gifts but it seems like it has to be a right place, right time sort of thing. Also, if the lineup stays as is, that leaves less idol groups to distract others away when BEG and MBLAQ are walking around. Like others have stated in the forum, you may stand a better chance bumping into the artists outside of the hotel.

I don't know how many people still intend on staying at the Sheraton if only MBLAQ and BEG are coming.

Guest aZooRe

Thanks so much~ 

Hotel would probably be your best bet...but with only MBLAQ and BEG going...it'll be a tough crowd. Don't give up though, I was able to pass Jay Park my gift when I saw him at the hotel. :]

As for the lineup...I'm really glad I only bought $35 tickets this year...I really don't know if I want to go...I'm not a huge fan of any of the artists (Not saying I'm not a fan, just not a very big one).

Guest skim072

Thanks so much~ 

like what others said, your best bet would be at the hotel.

if you can't find the artists you could give it to one of their staff members or managers if you know who they are.

i remember the past two years fans did that.

it's just a matter of luck. =/

Guest 91DLG

Thanks so much~ 

Someone mentioned passing them to staff members and I'd have to agree. If you've been a huge fan for a while, I guess you could learn/recognize their stylists or manager, which would be the next best thing than giving it to BEG themselves. I remember when KARA went, their fan forum was able to pass it to a staff member (their stylist, if I remember correctly) when they saw her in the elevator. LOL. Of course, it is mainly about luck, so I hope you'll be able to give it to them! 

Another alternative is working with their fan forum. Maybe they're doing a project for them and you can include your gifts with theirs? Perhaps managers are more likely to let the gifts pass if they know it's from their international fan forum? :)

Guest xevitadorax

Look who got added to their website http://www.koreanmusicfestival.com/ :)

epic.

G.O.D? They were added a few days ago-- I don't see anyone new added after that... :huh:

Guest genkang

I see... I was going to have my friend pick me up after... so maybe I should consider following to the hotel ... thanks~ 

I have seen fancams of fans giving the artists gifts but it seems like it has to be a right place, right time sort of thing. Also, if the lineup stays as is, that leaves less idol groups to distract others away when BEG and MBLAQ are walking around. Like others have stated in the forum, you may stand a better chance bumping into the artists outside of the hotel.

I don't know how many people still intend on staying at the Sheraton if only MBLAQ and BEG are coming.

Thank you~ I'll consider if and how I should get to the hotel then xp 

I'm a big fan, but first (second) time going to a concert; so not very aware of these things. I found out about KMF only a few weeks ago, and by then, most of the "good" tickets are sold out already. With my eyesight, sitting in the middle is probably the same as sitting in the back, since there will be two big screens. I bought the cheapest ticket, and will just chill in the back. 

Hotel would probably be your best bet...but with only MBLAQ and BEG going...it'll be a tough crowd.  Don't give up though, I was able to pass Jay Park my gift when I saw him at the hotel. :]

As for the lineup...I'm really glad I only bought $35 tickets this year...I really don't know if I want to go...I'm not a huge fan of any of the artists (Not saying I'm not a fan, just not a very big one).

I think I kinda know a face in mind...  hm... well.. I guess that gives me one more face to look for... thanks~

like what others said, your best bet would be at the hotel.

if you can't find the artists you could give it to one of their staff members or managers if you know who they are.

i remember the past two years fans did that.

it's just a matter of luck. =/

I think I know one face...  Ah.. I'll check the fan forum to see if they have anything. Thanks~ 

Someone mentioned passing them to staff members and I'd have to agree. If you've been a huge fan for a while, I guess you could learn/recognize their stylists or manager, which would be the next best thing than giving it to BEG themselves. I remember when KARA went, their fan forum was able to pass it to a staff member (their stylist, if I remember correctly) when they saw her in the elevator. LOL. Of course, it is mainly about luck, so I hope you'll be able to give it to them! 

Another alternative is working with their fan forum. Maybe they're doing a project for them and you can include your gifts with theirs? Perhaps managers are more likely to let the gifts pass if they know it's from their international fan forum? :)

Guest deepslumber89

I haven't received the tickets I bought, and I'm getting really worried. This may be a stupid question, but would I be able to get a refund if I didn't get my tickets at all? I think I'm getting paranoid already, I was supposed to call KMF office today and inquire about it, but it got sooo busy at work... KMF is only weeks away, and I hope I didn't waste a huge sum of money on tickets I wouldn't receive... :( other than that, I had a blast last year and I'm really looking forward to this year's... really hope though that if I didn't get my tickets at all, I could still be refunded... sigh....

Guest kdfan_1

I haven't received the tickets I bought, and I'm getting really worried. This may be a stupid question, but would I be able to get a refund if I didn't get my tickets at all? I think I'm getting paranoid already, I was supposed to call KMF office today and inquire about it, but it got sooo busy at work... KMF is only weeks away, and I hope I didn't waste a huge sum of money on tickets I wouldn't receive... :( other than that, I had a blast last year and I'm really looking forward to this year's... really hope though that if I didn't get my tickets at all, I could still be refunded... sigh....

You should call them and inquire. If you can't wait and know somebody who lives in the area, you can have it picked-up. You can also pick them up at the will-call window on the day of the concert.

Most fans give their gifts to their idols while they perform on stage, i.e., shirts, small gifts they put in a bag and they definitely pick them up before they leave the stage.

Archived