[Drama 2012] God of War 무신

Admin

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trixicopper

Talk about heartbreak, I just cried my way through most of the whole episode. :tears: As for the conspiritors in all this, Off with their heads! The only one I have the slightest (and I mean slight) bit of sympathy for is Yang Baeks man. He got involved in this whole mess out of sympathy for the crazy ladies maid and some sort of weird misplaced loyalty to YB. It in NO way makes his part in all this better, it's just that I can sort of see where he's coming from.

As for Song Yi, I've been on the fence about her character from the beginning. Today didn't help me think more highly of her. I'm predisposed to like strong intelligent female characters, but she seems to be lacking in the compassion/empathy department. I'll wait for subs to see just what was said in a few of the conversations yesterday and today. So far she's tweaking my last nerve.

Talk about heartbreak, I just cried my way through most of the whole episode. :tears: As for the conspiritors in all this, Off with their heads! The only one I have the slightest (and I mean slight) bit of sympathy for is Yang Baeks man. He got involved in this whole mess out of sympathy for the crazy ladies maid and some sort of weird misplaced loyalty to YB. It in NO way makes his part in all this better, it's just that I can sort of see where he's coming from.

As for Song Yi, I've been on the fence about her character from the beginning. Today didn't help me think more highly of her. I'm predisposed to like strong intelligent female characters, but she seems to be lacking in the compassion/empathy department. I'll wait for subs to see just what was said in a few of the conversations yesterday and today. So far she's tweaking my last nerve.

Mine too,but I do love a strong woman especially during the Choson era going against the norms and all that

Talk about heartbreak, I just cried my way through most of the whole  episode. :tears:  As for the conspiritors in all this, Off with their heads! The only one I have the slightest (and I mean slight) bit of sympathy for is Yang Baeks man. He got involved in this whole mess out of sympathy for the crazy ladies maid and some sort of weird misplaced loyalty to YB. It in NO way makes his part in all this better, it's just that I can sort of see where he's coming from.

Wow...you are so right I pretty much cried through the hole ep myself this is a good drama and your also right (off with there heads) you know its a good drama when you dont know what there saying but you can feel the emotiontears.giftears.giftears.gif I cant find this drama with eng subs pass ep 12fury.gif

OMG me too~ i want to kill em all especially those no good son!~ how could he think that wol-ah would marry him if he raped her? ;_; i expect something to happen to wol-ah,but not this ;_; 

though i blame half of it on her mother!~ how could she give poison to a KID and suggest to her to kill herself if she no longer feels like she is a respected woman? T_T 

For this episode I did not cry, I bawled throughout the whole show. Even when I replayed some of the scenes I could not help but feel heartbroken for Wol A and Gim Jun. Though the actor did a decent job showing his pain I could not feel it as much because I did not see his tears which was needed in the scenes. I said in the past that Wol A cried a lot, however I did not find her to be too annoying, just too innocent nor did I wish for her demise, I just took a wait & see approach as to her role. As a matter of fact by episode 13/14 I began to see why Gim Jun was falling for her and that was she complements him with her softness to his hardness, she was light when he had to struggle in the dark mentally. The reason for him wanting her to go back to the temple was to retain that light. Plus in episode 1 they show her trying to protect him when they were being dragged around as slaves. In this show they also showed the significance that her death had on the people around her as a whole, mainly because just about everyone liked Wol A due to that sweetness about her. It was also that sweetness that made Chim Sun and Song Yi very jealous of her. In the end that sweetness was vanquished due to that horrific act which I did not wish for her at all nor any woman for that matter.

This episode also marks an emotional change for Gim Jun in that I really doubt we will see any more romance for him in the show. Wol A’s death change him partly due to the fear of a person’s jealousy will harm the people he loves therefore it’s better not to have someone close to him in that manner at all. In addition, he in a way blames himself for Wol A’s death though she said that her time with him made her very happy.

@ laydeebutterfly - in response to your second paragraph –

I ‘m not surprised at the mother’s action, because at that time and even now a woman’s purity is a form of significant pride in who she is and she cherishes that. To give it willingly and to someone worthy/of her heart makes her feels that she has not lost something but gained something in return. In society both past and to a bit lesser extent in the present there is a huge stigma to a woman who has been victimized, even though she is innocent she is deemed guilty by either society, those around her (some not all) or by herself. Wol A though innocent no longer felt worthy to be Gim Jun’s woman because of what happened to her. Nor does she feel respected so it’s understandable that would be the action that she take. In addition the rapist had bragged about his action to his brother and most people found out about what happened to her, though they do not blame her she is seen as “spoiled” sad but true. So how can she live her life after something like this in that time – definitely it would not be how as it was before. I do not condone suicide but in this case I understand her actions, which was similar to her mother’s action of the past.

On another note due to Wol A’s death you see how many people were in support of this couple and overall liked them. For the chief – Gim Jun has saved his life and his people more than once the man though a slave is a huge asset for him, therefore he had to take action not only on behalf of Gim Jun but for himself as the guilty party was his own son. Gim Jun’s men rallied and provided support for he has proven himself to them as a good leader and friend. His commanding officers also respected him due to his bravery and intelligence. I do feel it for Choi Yang Baek as he though not the guilty party feel partially responsible as it was one of his subordinates that was involved in this conspiracy that caused her demise. For Wol A side the Chief’s wife loved her as her own as she was her best friend’s daughter and an overall sweet person who had no negative thoughts or action against anyone therefore she is affected. The kitchen staff liked her as well. Her death is going to bring some changes which we will see in future episodes.

On a side note – though I have watched a good amount of saguek’s I have never commented about the costuming until now. I have to say that GOW has done an amazing job in costuming their actors, the clothes are fantastic, I just love all of them. Really wish I could watch this show on viki- no such luck.

End of long post until next time.

How could any woman in good conscience allow something like that to be done to another woman because of a man !!! Unbelievable!!.

You will be amazed at the number of women who place the man above all else.  There are the abused women who feel they are being beaten and abused cause their man loves them.  There are the women who turn a blind eye to their children being rapped and abused by their husbands or boy friends.  There are the women who stand by idly as their husband or boy friend kill their children.  Perhaps these women were abused and abuse became their norm.  At any rate its unbelievable

You will be amazed at the number of women who place the man above all else.  There are the abused women who feel they are being beaten and abused cause their man loves them.  There are the women who turn a blind eye to their children being rapped and abused by their husbands or boy friends.  There are the women who stand by idly as their husband or boy friend kill their children.  Perhaps these women were abused and abuse became their norm.  At any rate its unbelievable

Isn't that sad but so true.I know what you are saying is true but that is mainly why I watch dramas to get away for the harsh realities of life (if only momentarily) I like to see people rise above their circumstance as opposed to falling victim to it. But  in my life(I am totally  proactive) ANY  man/woman who  would dare to touch  my kids would be castrated or dead and I would smile going to prison.There are just certain things you CAN NOT do in  this life and this one of them. 

Guest missymay

I find Yak soon cool and easy on the eyes..How come he is so under the radar? I didnt realise until he stood beside Hapha...

hahaha I rather have Yak Soon have more screen times ;)

For this episode I did not cry, I bawled throughout the whole show. Even when I replayed some of the scenes I could not help but feel heartbroken for Wol A and Gim Jun. Though the actor did a decent job showing his pain I could not feel it as much because I did not see his tears which was needed in the scenes. I said in the past that Wol A cried a lot, however I did not find her to be too annoying, just too innocent nor did I wish for her demise, I just took a wait & see approach as to her role. As a matter of fact by episode 13/14 I began to see why Gim Jun was falling for her and that was she complements him with her softness to his hardness, she was light when he had to struggle in the dark mentally. The reason for him wanting her to go back to the temple was to retain that light. Plus in episode 1 they show her trying to protect him when they were being dragged around as slaves. In this show they also showed the significance that her death had on the people around her as a whole, mainly because just about everyone liked Wol A due to that sweetness about her. It was also that sweetness that made Chim Sun and Song Yi very jealous of her. In the end that sweetness was vanquished due to that horrific act which I did not wish for her at all nor any woman for that matter.

This episode also marks an emotional change for Gim Jun in that I really doubt we will see any more romance for him in the show. Wol A’s death change him partly due to the fear of a person’s jealousy will harm the people he loves therefore it’s better not to have someone close to him in that manner at all. In addition, he in a way blames himself for Wol A’s death though she said that her time with him made her very happy.

@ laydeebutterfly - in response to your second paragraph –

I ‘m not surprised at the mother’s action, because at that time and even now a woman’s purity is a form of significant pride in who she is and she cherishes that. To give it willingly and to someone worthy/of her heart makes her feels that she has not lost something but gained something in return. In society both past and to a bit lesser extent in the present there is a huge stigma to a woman who has been victimized, even though she is innocent she is deemed guilty by either society, those around her (some not all) or by herself. Wol A though innocent no longer felt worthy to be Gim Jun’s woman because of what happened to her. Nor does she feel respected so it’s understandable that would be the action that she take. In addition the rapist had bragged about his action to his brother and most people found out about what happened to her, though they do not blame her she is seen as “spoiled” sad but true. So how can she live her life after something like this in that time – definitely it would not be how as it was before. I do not condone suicide but in this case I understand her actions, which was similar to her mother’s action of the past.

On another note due to Wol A’s death you see how many people were in support of this couple and overall liked them. For the chief – Gim Jun has saved his life and his people more than once the man though a slave is a huge asset for him, therefore he had to take action not only on behalf of Gim Jun but for himself as the guilty party was his own son. Gim Jun’s men rallied and provided support for he has proven himself to them as a good leader and friend. His commanding officers also respected him due to his bravery and intelligence. I do feel it for Choi Yang Baek as he though not the guilty party feel partially responsible as it was one of his subordinates that was involved in this conspiracy that caused her demise. For Wol A side the Chief’s wife loved her as her own as she was her best friend’s daughter and an overall sweet person who had no negative thoughts or action against anyone therefore she is affected. The kitchen staff liked her as well. Her death is going to bring some changes which we will see in future episodes.

On a side note – though I have watched a good amount of saguek’s I have never commented about the costuming until now. I have to say that GOW has done an amazing job in costuming their actors, the clothes are fantastic, I just love all of them. Really wish I could watch this show on viki- no such luck.

End of long post until next time.

I like Song Yi's wardrobe...so vibrant...i dun think such existed in that time??

Hmmmm....Wol A's dead...uh huh.....yeah...go figure

Looks like a start of darkness for Kim Jun.  I hope he becomes ruthless in the future.  Good guys gone bad.  I love those stories...so now hopefully onto more  significant stuff

History of Choe Manjon....as you know, he's the bstard child from a dancer.  SOmetime in his life he was sent to the Cholla Province and became a Buddhist priest, albeit a very corrupt one.  In the area he stayed at, he gathered a band of rowdy followers who terrorized where he stayed.  He was later recalled home by his father and his name was changed to Hang.  After U's death, he purged the family of his stepmother in order to secure his position as military dictator.  Looks like the females of the CHo'e clan are going to suffer soon by his hands.   He also had a bstard son who would succeed him, named Cho'e Ui, after Hang's death.  Ch'oe Ui was a fat lazy coward. If the source material is any indicator, then it looks like Kim Jun will have his vengeance through that guy's son, as he ultimately brought down the CHoe family and became military dictator.

Hmmmm....Wol A's dead...uh huh.....yeah...go figure

Looks like a start of darkness for Kim Jun.  I hope he becomes ruthless in the future.  Good guys gone bad.  I love those stories...so now hopefully onto more  significant stuff

History of Choe Manjon....as you know, he's the bstard child from a dancer.  SOmetime in his life he was sent to the Cholla Province and became a Buddhist priest, albeit a very corrupt one.  In the area he stayed at, he gathered a band of rowdy followers who terrorized where he stayed.  He was later recalled home by his father and his name was changed to Hang.  After U's death, he purged the family of his stepmother in order to secure his position as military dictator.  Looks like the females of the CHo'e clan are going to suffer soon by his hands.   He also had a bstard son who would succeed him, named Cho'e Ui, after Hang's death.  Ch'oe Ui was a fat lazy coward. If the source material is any indicator, then it looks like Kim Jun will have his vengeance through that guy's son, as he ultimately brought down the CHoe family and became military dictator.

Sorry i am a bit confuse here because from my understanding the names of his sons are Man jong and Man jeon, i know Man Jong raped Wol Ah. And what i gathered is Man Jeon becomes Hang, who eventually takes over after the death of his father.

Archived