Genre: Drama & Historical
Episodes: 50
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast Period: 2012-Feb-11 to 2012-July-29
Air Time: Saturday & Sunday 20:40 KST
Director: Kim Jin Min
Screenwriter: Lee Hwan Kyung

SYNOPSIS

God of War describes a slave that rises to the top and overrules the feudalism government that has been in power for over 60 years in Goryeo at a time of strong military power.

MAIN CHARACTERS

Kim Joo Hyuk as Kim Joon
Kim Kyu Ri as Lee Song Yi
Jung Bo Suk as Choi Woo
Park Sang Min as Choi Yang Baek

MINOR CHARACTERS

Joo Hyun as Choi Choong Hun
Hong Ah Reum as Wol Ah
Lee Seung Hyo as King Gojong
Baek Do Bin as Choi Hang
Kim Ha Eun as Choon Sim
Kim Hyuk as Man Jong

NEWS & INFORMATION

Kim Joo Hyuk Returns to Television
Kim Kyu Ri First Historical MBC "Soldier"
Kim Joo Hyuk Shaves Head for Slave Role
Lee Seung Ho Cast as King Gojong in "Soldier"
Lee Seung Hyo in "Soldier" Along with "Full House Season 2"
Actor Kim Joo Hyuk Reveals His Frustration About Acting in an Action Series
'Dating Acknowleged' Kim Joo Hyuk and Kim Kyu Ri, "Starring as a Couple... No Plans of Marriage Yet'

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
(Click to View)

VIDEOS

Trailer II
Trailer III
Cast of 'Soldier' Interview - Section TV

Source: HanCinema

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this poster a lot.Y'know this actor and the one in Gye Baek really look manly enough for their historical roles. It is sad when they give a role lke that to a flower boy(Yeah I drool too, but it is a suicide for a drama.no realism there). They actually look like they grow facial hair and it suits them.

ANd why can't actors grow out their hair for these kinds of roles those wigs are ridiculous.

Anyway I'm looking forward to this, I hope it wont revolve around a weak woman who'll ruin everything.

• 1 month later...

Actor Kim Joo Hyuk Reveals His Frustration About Acting in an Action Series

tv21c.jpg

Actor Kim Joo Hyuk revealed a picture of himself during the shooting of the series, God Of Martial Arts.

In the afternoon of January 17, Kim uploaded a picture and tweeted, “I’m shooting God Of Martial Arts right now. Beaten and smashed. Action is hard.”

The picture shows dark skinned Joo Hyuk, who is smiling awkwardly, wearing his costume for his role. He seemed haggard as if he just has finished acting.

The costume he is wearing is that of a Buddhist monk that he will appear as in God Of Martial Arts, and will show off stick martial arts, horse-riding and other difficult acting.

God Of Martial Arts that Kim Joo Hyuk will lead in, is about a former slave in Korean Dynasty who rises as the king after the 60 years of ruling from the power that manipulated the emperor. Besides Kim Joo Hyuk, Kim Gyuri, Jung Bo Seok, Park Sang Min, and Joo Hyun will appear. It will air in February.

Source: TV Report + EnKorea

Kim Joo Hyuk is forever my cool Kang Tae Min from Terroir.

I'm curious. What period time zone is this set in? Those kind of costumes are realistic for that period?

I wish the drama success and hope some team will do the sub.

• 2 weeks later...

This could be interesting. Too bad I don't care for the lead female actress. I would have preferred the second lead actress in the primary role.

Also, the lead actor (whom I like), looks a bit old in the first episode. Maybe they should have used a younger actor in the beginning.

This could be interesting. Too bad I don't care for the lead female actress. I would have preferred the second lead actress in the primary role.

Also, the lead actor (whom I like), looks a bit old in the first episode. Maybe they should have used a younger actor in the beginning.

Just want to say I have the same thought. Also I expect much from Joo Hyuk since he's a veteran actor and mostly movies actor, and one of my favorite actor. But first episode watching raw I don't have that special feeling. Why?

Archived