Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest HimikoShi

Hi there! Sorry but I hope someone can help translate this for me.
"Any friends or family in Korea. On October 1, 2012, SEACRET KOREA was launched. We are looking for Team Leaders for our global expansion in Korea."
It's for business purpose, so it'll be in formal. Really sorry for the trouble. Greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Does anyone know how to say this in Korean?:

"If you want to cry, cry. If antis think you fake cry, they are fooling themselves believing in lies. Don't give antis control over you, don't give them control over your emotions. Only you and those who love you know the real 박정수. That's what matters most. Your heart is real, antis shouldn't be able to control that."

Guest limabean89

if anyone could translate this to korean for me, i will forever be in your debt. Feel free to edit it however you'd like if its convenient.
Hi kyhyun!. Nice to meet you for the first time :) You can call me unni. Sorry for my ugly face keke, but here I am and I wanted to introduce myself to you and Yurimi since I didnt talk to you on the phone. Sorry if my korean is terrible. How are you? I heard your birthday passed recently, Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one. Hopefully I get to see you on your next one! Ill get you a nice gift. Yurimi too! Mine is coming up on the 23rd. Your Unni is so old. Haha. Tell me about yourself! Tell me about yurimi! I'm excited that you have a facebook, so now I can talk to you more. Shannon is excited that you have one! She wants you to come here and teach her korean while she teaches you english. keke. We cant wait to meet you guys ! I know we havent met, but we love you! Family is forever. fighting~ keke. Thank you for going shopping with my mom, and keeping her occupied! My mom doesnt like being bored, and im glad you were there to go with her. Can you show emo this part of my video too? I want to say hi keke.

Hi emo! How are you? Are you healthy and well? sorry about my bad korean, i havent been doing alot of practicing like i should because ive been so busy, but starting this month im practicing a lot so i can become fluent.Thank you for watching over my mom for 1 month ! And thank you for looking out for her health! She has the best sister in the world. Oh, and thank you for the gifts, we received them well! They are all so pretty. Shannon has worn all her clothes to school! keke.once again thank you! Looking at my face for the first time, I grew up alot huh? Im ugly now keke not a cute baby anymore. I want to see your face too emo, and kyhyeon and yurimi! Umma said that yurimi and kyhyeon are really pretty! its because emo is so pretty. haha. I cant wait until me and shannon get to see you guys! We love you very much! its been so long since you've seen me which makes me sad. its been years. Shannon wants to meet you very badly, since shes never gotten the chance. We will see you soon though!! I promise! emo too.. fighting! keep working hard, and always stay healthy! we will do the same! we love you guys!

I started to learn Korean about 2 weeks ago and it goes really well. I can read most Hangul without checking my notes although I still don't know what most of those words mean of course. To practice my Hangul I use tweets/facebook messages of the celebs I follow but I noticed some don't always use proper Korean since not every syllable has at least  a vowel and a consonant  :-?   I did listen to the first 10 lessons of level 1 on TTMIK and I am now reviewing them so I can finish the first workbook soon. I also want to start in my "Hello Korean" book soon. :-B

Now I was thinking of starting reading simple Korean books to improve my reading but maybe that's a bit too much considering I just started? What is a good method to study? I know it's different for everyone but I sometimes think I want to much too fast so I'm looking for some sort of guideline I guess.

Of course I already listen to Kpop and watch Kdrama :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest riseabove

can some help me translate this? :) 

처음이라 그런 거래, 처음에는 누구나 그런 거래 누가 그따위 위로 따위가 필요하데

Guest linkxgl

Hi there.
I want to translate "Die Alone". In the statement, "Live Together, Die Alone" but I only want the "Die Alone" part translated.There's a double meaning to the phrase.1. To succeed in life we can either live together in harmony because if we don't, we'll die alone (It's like "United we stand, divided we fall")2. Our entire lives we live together but at the end of it, we'll die alone, no matter what.
I want to translate the "Die Alone" through the first meaning. It's a statement, I'm not saying to myself, or you, it's said to everyone. So could someone please help me translate this?
Once again,A translation of "Die Alone" in the phrase "Live Together, Die Alone" with the first meaning I wrote on it.
I know it may not make sense but try your best to put it in a way where it does. 
Thank you!

Guest holakorea

Hello, can someone please translate the following?

진정한 바람둥이는 절대 상대방을 차지 않는다. 상대방이 자기를 차도록 만든다.그래서 자기를 미워하지 않도록 만든다. 

Guest altmaer

Please tell me how to translate  

1. "would" or "wouldn't" in korean - I mean - to do something if a certain condition is fullfiled

"I would (like to) go to Korea if the plane ticket wouldn't be so expensive !"  expressing a intention or a whish

2. those 2 expressions  "You don't know what you do ?" (like - you are not aware that you make something wrong)

" You don't know what to do ?" ( like - you are so bored , have no idea how to spend  your time)

3.  "pretty" from "pretty much" or "pretty good" etc.

4. "I can't get enough of it"

Guest sudu1won

linkxgl said: Hi there.
I want to translate "Die Alone". In the statement, "Live Together, Die Alone" but I only want the "Die Alone" part translated.There's a double meaning to the phrase.1. To succeed in life we can either live together in harmony because if we don't, we'll die alone (It's like "United we stand, divided we fall")2. Our entire lives we live together but at the end of it, we'll die alone, no matter what.
I want to translate the "Die Alone" through the first meaning. It's a statement, I'm not saying to myself, or you, it's said to everyone. So could someone please help me translate this?
Once again,A translation of "Die Alone" in the phrase "Live Together, Die Alone" with the first meaning I wrote on it.
I know it may not make sense but try your best to put it in a way where it does. 
Thank you!

Guest sudu1won

altmaer

said:

Please tell me how to translate  

1. "would" or "wouldn't" in korean - I mean - to do something if a certain condition is fullfiled

"I would (like to) go to Korea if the plane ticket wouldn't be so expensive !"  expressing a intention or a whish

2. those 2 expressions  "You don't know what you do ?" (like - you are not aware that you make something wrong)

" You don't know what to do ?" ( like - you are so bored , have no idea how to spend  your time)

3.  "pretty" from "pretty much" or "pretty good" etc.

4. "I can't get enough of it"

Guest altmaer

thank a lot

for 3. somthing like  - is your icecream good ?- pretty good

how much do you spend today ? - pretty much

Guest sudu1won

altmaer said:

thank a lot

for 3. somthing like  - is your icecream good ?- pretty good

how much do you spend today ? - pretty much

Guest altmaer

I have few more words to clarify if It's not to much

street - my street ; on the streets

road - road to the station

way - all the way to stadium ; which is the way to stadium ; wrong way (like the sign);                   where should we go , this way or that way

way - like - do it this way ; no way

lane ; main street ; inner city ; downtown ; shopping district ; neighborhood ; 

shop ; store ; market; supermarket; mall ; pub ; 

terrace - like terrace cafe or outdoor restaurant

house - like in cafe house or House of Jazz 

the sign on a face (facade) of a building above an entrance  with the name of the store or firm on it

those neon signs on the buildings all over the place

I ask because on online dictionary I get manny translation and I don't know which one is used in real life

Another question is about words taken from english - are them used where it is also a korean word ; 

like 표 and 테이블

thankx

Guest sayaotonashi

can you translate my name into Korean for me please? It's 苏玉英 (you don't have to translate the surname if you don't want) Thank you so much! ^^

Guest altmaer

sudu1won said:

12. Another question is about words taken from english - are them used where it is also a korean word ; 

like 표 and 테이블

I don't quite understand this question. Could you elaborate more please.

A problem is that a dining table and a desk are different things, so they have different words. They may look the same, but their names are given by their purpose/nature. There also are many words to describe a regular table.

Google Translate also puts the definitions appearing from the most popular which is measured in a way that may not always be accurate.

식탁 = dining table

Dining table looks like it has
식 from 음식, doesn't it?

책상 = desk

Desk looks like it has
책 for book, doesn't it?

Those are easier to remember because they have other words in them that describe their purposes.

Please start calling the alphabet by the name Hangeul. Hangul is a bad habit.

I also won't be actively participating here. Don't give sudu1won a hard time.

Archived