Do You Need Korean Help?

Jaeho

Guest shadowangel28

고마워 너는 내 인생의 격려야...

항상 몸조심하고 잘지내 >>I'm not really sure what you mean by putting (little sister, big sis, little brother, big bro, oppa) after the sentence

곧 보자.

yes, just pm if you want to... ^^

Thank you very much.. I put little sister, big sis, little brother, big bro, oppa because I also want to know their translation.. Thank you again.. I will send you a pm now.. :]] :wub:

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sudu1won

@agasshi02

with the assumption that you are a female because some of the the sentences below only works if you're a female...

when you're saying this to someone younger than you e.g. little sister, little brother :

고마워는 내 인생의 격려야...

동생아 항상 몸조심하고 잘지내

곧 보자.

when you're saying this to someone older than you e.g. older sister(언니), older brother(오빠) in your family or close friends only :

고마워 언니는 내 인생의 격려야... / 고마워 오빠는 내 인생의 격려야

언니 항상 몸조심하고 잘지내 / 오빠 항상 몸조심하고 잘지내

곧 보자.

*pay attention to the differences.

Guest sudu1won

hi guys, can you translate this for me? :)

나 진짜 죽어

literally ?

I'm so dead

or...

it's the end for me

I'm so doomed

Guest Rita1430281860

This is kinda weird to ask, but I recently did a cover to a song.

I learned the lyrics the day before, and I've never tried to learn Korean before. So this was the first time I learned lyrics to a Korean song, and have no idea if I'm saying it right.

I'm pretty sure I did really bad on the pronunciation. *sigh*  sorry.

Anyway, my request is.... I want to know what I pronounced wrong. Someone commented on my video that I pronounced things wrong, but I wish to know in better detail.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPySac53nas

I learned the lyrics the day before, and I've never tried to learn Korean before. So this was the first time I learned lyrics to a Korean song, and have no idea if I'm saying it right.

Anyway, my request is.... I want to know what I pronounced wrong. Someone commented on my video that I pronounced things wrong, but I wish to know in better detail.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPySac53nas

These are the parts that I couldn't understand, but the rest is okay just very slurred. Hope this helps, if any.

nuni nuni bu-shuh

duh-li neun na neun

dugeun dugeun guh-ryuh bameh cham-do motnirujo

naneun naneun babon-gabayo

keureh-yo keudeh bo-neun nal

nuh-mu banjjak banjjak nuni bu-shuh

nuh-mu ggamjjak ggamjjak nolla naneun

nuh-mu jarit jarit momi ddul-lyuh

juh-jeun nun-bit (oh yeah) jo-eun hyangi

Guest shadowangel28

@sudu.won thanks again.. I will check the differences carefully..

By the way, I just found out that "Jah-Gi" 자기 means honey/sweetheart in korean.. Does it also pronounce like that?! Thanks..

Guest sudu1won

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MPySac53nas

you should improve your pronunciation on these bolded words:

nun i nun i bu-shuh >> it's a 'sh' sound here but you pronounce it like a 'j' sound

bam-men jam do mon ni ru jyo >>try to pronounce this clearer

na neun na neun babon ga bwa yo >>here it's not clear too

neo-mu ban-jjak ban-jjak nun i bu shuh >> the 'ban-jjak ban-jjak' here sounds like 'kam-jjak kam-jjak' (perhaps you forgotten the lyrics?) and likewise, the 'bu-shuh' should be pronounced with a strong 'sh' sound. And the 'neo-mu' here and in the subsequent lines, are not enunciated clearly as well.

lastly,

joh-eun hyang-gi >> you didn't pronounced 'hyang-gi' properly here

well, you do have a sweet voice and did a good cover of Gee too so don't make your pronunciations become a letdown. Maybe you could listen to the original Gee minus the background music and then, just imitate how they pronounce the words.

@sudu.won  thanks again.. I will check the differences carefully..

By the way, I just found out that "Jah-Gi" 자기  means honey/sweetheart in korean.. Does it also pronounce like that?! Thanks..

yes. but if you want to be sure, you can search 자기(야) on youtube, I think there's a song called 자기야 and listen to it so you'll know how it's really pronounced.

Guest Rita1430281860

These are the parts that I couldn't understand,but the rest is okay just very slurred. Hope this helps, if any.

nuni nuni bu-shuh 

duh-li neun na neun

dugeun dugeun guh-ryuh bameh cham-do motnirujo

naneun naneun babon-gabayo 

keureh-yo keudeh bo-neun nal

nuh-mu  banjjak banjjak nuni bu-shuh

nuh-mu ggamjjak ggamjjak nolla naneun 

nuh-mu jarit jarit momi ddul-lyuh

juh-jeun nun-bit (oh yeah) jo-eun hyangi

Thank you, I really appreciate it. Wish I can turn back time and improve it a bit more. 

The bu-shuh part always sounds to me like bu-shah, kinda an a sound.  I dunno.

you should improve your pronunciation on thesebolded words:

nun i nun i bu-shuh >> it's a 'sh' sound here butyou pronounce it like a 'j' sound

bam-menjam do mon ni ru jyo >>try to pronounce this clearer

naneun na neun babonga bwa yo >>here it's not clear too

neo-mu ban-jjakban-jjak nun i bu shuh >> the 'ban-jjak ban-jjak' heresounds like 'kam-jjak kam-jjak' (perhaps you forgotten the lyrics?) andlikewise, the 'bu-shuh' should be pronounced with a strong 'sh' sound. And the'neo-mu' here and in the subsequent lines, are not enunciated clearly as well.

lastly,

joh-eun hyang-gi >> you didn't pronounced'hyang-gi' properly here

well, you do have a sweet voice and did a goodcover of Gee too so don't make your pronunciations become a letdown. Maybe youcould listen to the original Gee minus the background music and then, justimitate how they pronounce the words.

Thank you.

I actually heard IU sing is and I tried copying her sound, then I youtubed some people doing acapellas (some seemed non-korean)... maybe I shouldn't have done that. lol oops.....

I learned the song the day before cause I only had the camera available to me on that recording day. :\

In the "bam-men jam do mon ni ru jyo" part, does the bam (B) have like a p sound?

Guest sudu1won

Thank you.

I actually heard IU sing is and I tried copying her sound, then I youtubed some people doing acapellas (some seemed non-korean)... maybe I shouldn't have done that. lol oops.....

I learned the song the day before cause I only had the camera available to me on that recording day. :\

In the "bam-men jam do mon ni ru jyo" part, does the bam (B) have like a p sound?

you're welcome.

yes, it does have a p sound but not really like an English 'p' sound. It's different. Since you said you don't have any knowledge of the Korean language at all, it's hard to explain. So in your case, you could just pronounce it like a 'b' but don't make it a strong 'b' sound ^^;;

Guest baehyun

I know the endings 있어 and 었어, but what do 졌어 and 셨어 mean? And what does 부터 mean? 'Since' or 'from'?

just a quick run through of all of those, it may shed some light:

-고 있어 = ongoing verb

-ㅆ어=past tense verb

Without any context, 졌어 sounds like the past tense of 지다 which is to loose or to go down

Also a guess without context, but 셨어 sounds like either past tense honorific ie. "오셨어요?" or past tense of 시다 to be sour.

부터 means from, you often use it with 까지, to or until. ie. 지금부터 열심히 할게요! (I'll work hard from now on!) or 여기부터 저기까지 갔어요 (It went from here to there.)

Context please!

Guest mangchilo

I know the endings 있어 and 었어, but what do 졌어 and 셨어 mean? And what does 부터 mean? 'Since' or 'from'?

In addition to what baehyun said about 졌어 as a freestanding verb in past tense, as a verb ending, ________ [conjugated descriptive verb] + 지다 is 'to become' ______ or 'to get' ______. 졌어 is the past tense of that, so attached to a conjugated descriptive verb it means 'became ______.'

Example: 갑자기 슬퍼졌어. (I) suddenly became sad. (I) suddenly got sad.

부터 can mean 'from' or 'since.' For example, 언제부터? Since when? 어제부터. Since yesterday.

Guest stylebubble

Hello, can someone please translate the products in this image, please? ^ ^ Thank you so much!

edit: thank you so much, sudu.won! ♥

Guest sudu1won

Hello, can someone please translate the products in this image, please? ^ ^ Thank you so much!

clockwise from bottom:

M.A.C Redhead

Lunasol Orange Coral

Tony Moly Tint

KohGenDo Aqua Foundation

Missha BB Bommer

Anna Sui dx Full

CLIO Long Lash

Aritaum Lemon Beam

Bobbi Brown Pot Loose Pale Pink

Guest mijoo-pearl

Hello again :rolleyes:

Can you please help me, what does this mean "따로 참여하는게 있는지 잘 모르겟습니다"

Thank you very much

Guest sudu1won

Hello again  :rolleyes:

Can you please help me, what does this mean "따로 참여하는게 있는지 잘 모르겟습니다"

Thank you very much

don't really know if there's a separate participation

Guest baltos-varnos

hi there..:) so i would like to ask about the use of 누나...

thing is right now I am in Korea. And I met this Korean guy . He is younger by few years. It seems (and all my friends swear) that he likes me. And he asked me how do I want him to call me - 누나 or by my name.

And I am not sure which one I should use, because I don't want him to think of me just as an older sister... 

Thanks for the help...

Guest sudu1won

Thanks a lot, but I still don't get it how pronounced ㄱ k or g. help me. 

When it comes to Korean pronunciation, the best way to understand it is to listen carefully how the native speakers say it and imitate.

Because for me, no matter how long the explanation on how to pronounce the ㄱ sound, it will never be good enough (and sometimes misleading as well) to teach you exactly the correct pronunciation of ㄱ. So, when you're listening to a Korean song or watching Korean shows, pay attention on the pronunciation, imitate and it'll do you wonder ! ^^

hi there..:) so i would like to ask about the use of 누나...

thing is right now I am in Korea. And I met this Korean guy . He is younger by few years. It seems (and all my friends swear) that he likes me. And he asked me how do I want him to call me - 누나 or by my name.

And I am not sure which one I should use, because I don't want him to think of me just as an older sister... 

Thanks for the help...

well...

...because I don't want him to think of me just as an older sister...

you pretty much answered your own dilemma, didn't you ? ^-^;;;

it's all up to you since you're the older one,

even if you ask him to call you by your name, he will do it without a question because he respects you as someone his senior (in terms of age, I mean).

I guess by now, you do notice how age gap plays an important role in the Korean society ?

Again, it's really up to you...^^

Archived