[Drama 2011] Brain 브레인

Admin

Two more pics from the scene gracefulmoonie mentioned above...

*quoted image*

Source: Naver

Oh my gosh. Everything looks so intense.  Hmm, if it's what I perceive, it looks like KH was actually reaching up to take Yoo Jin's hands off of him instead of going up to caress them (basing this off the picture on the left). Everything is in a still frame, so maybe this whole back hug thing goes really fast in the episode! ... But I guess we'll have to see what happens tomorrow!! >.<

EDIT: OH MY GOSH! Yessss, I agree with what you said about KH, LeeKay! He looks so good in that leather jacket!! Oh my. Hoping to see more of his casual clothes in the future...*quoted image*

cannot calm down with this pic. That girl is really sexy. Gosh. Ha ha now when i saw the full pic it remind me about Trouble Marker of Hyun Seung and Hyun Ah ha ha. The way the girl stand behind and hold hand together. Uhmmm in case you do not know. Go utube and search about that song Trouble Marker. It just realeased couple days ago! My goshhhh Ha Kyun You are So Hot!

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

cannot calm down with this pic. That girl is really sexy. Gosh. Ha ha now when i saw the full pic it remind me about Trouble Marker of Hyun Seung and Hyun Ah ha ha. The way the girl stand behind and hold hand together. Uhmmm in case you do not know. Go utube and search about that song Trouble Marker. It just realeased couple days ago! My goshhhh Ha Kyun You are So Hot!

Yesss!! Oh my goodness. She is pretty hot! I wish I could have her body. Hahaha. I just looked up the Troublemaker MV that you were talking about.. and wooow, you're right! The back hug/hand holding at the end looked almost like the one with KH and YJ!! Ahhh!!! It just suddenly got hot in here after watching that MV and looking at these pics. xD Cannot wait to see today's episode!

Guest mumudav

semi-fly as always thank you a billion times for new episode raws <3333

I'm glad that Kang Hoon was harsh with rich girl and despite her being oh-so-gorgeous-sexy-beautiful-and-with-omg-connections he told her off and told her not to call him anymore, kekeke:)))

Also, his reaction after the kiss is looool, not simple lol but epic huge LOOOOOL :-D :-D :-D

And him meeting Ji Hye for the first time after the kiss was very cute :-D He was speechless and comfused and Ji Hye covered her mouth with the hand, ahahah :-D :-D :-D

Joon Suk... Oh, Joon Suk... I love you, man)))) You have to become even more, more evil, I wanna see REALLY EEEEVIIIIL Joon Suk ]:-> Bwahahaha, I wanna him go down the road of evilness cause of his love for Ji Hye))) Down the road till the very very bottom end :-P

Highlight of the episode: Kang Hoon in leather jacket, kyaaaaaa, nosebleed, fainting, swoon, etc))))) He is pure hotness in this outfit, why oh why doctors can't clouth like this during working hours :-))))))

And I really want to know what Kang Hoon and Ji Hye were talking about~ They had several really intense and emotional dialogs but I couldn't understand anything *crying*

Also I'm afraid of tomorrow episode~ According to video and written preview tomorrow's episode brings some f*cked up situations upon Kang Hoon and he's in trouble (>_<)

Guest bheno_bm

hi all i just watch the first episode on KBSW, i just had to delurk...

i think i have a major crush on shin ha kyun, i always like him as an actor coz he's a solid actor but i just looove Dr LKH... and thank you for fanmade MV, going to save it on my phone so i can watched it any time :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest mumudav

hi all i just watch the first episode on KBSW, i just had to delurk...

i think i have a major crush on shin ha kyun, i always like him as an actor coz he's a solid actor but i just looove Dr LKH... and thank you for fanmade MV, going to save it on my phone so i can watched it any time :wub: :wub: :wub:

Helloooooooo~^*^

Welcome to our swooning-over-Dr LKH-and-his-awesomness team and Hot Tension Couple fanclub, kekeke;)))))

Hope you are gonna be an often guest here;))) Let's spazz together, hehe;))))

Guest mumudav

How cute their behind the scenes photos can be?:-)))))

bts.jpg

bts2.jpg

bts3.jpg

And with every scene with Joon Suk and his longing/pained gaze at Ji Hye, I wanna see him even more pained and more evil))) I guess I'm a sadist :-D :-D :-D

Last time I had such sadist thoughts was duting City Hunter series:))) I like seeing Lee Min Ho suffering))) Of course I wanted everything to work out for him eventually but seeing Lee Min Ho's character suffering really pleased me :-D

Nowadays I'm even thinking about making MV-tribute to pained Joon Suk and his growing evilness and unrequited love to Ji Hye, keke:))))

Oppps. Our Kang Hoon is so cold. With a very sexy girl in that clothes. How can he control himself. Ha ha ha. He can control with a hot girl like that. But cannot keep himself with Ji Hye ha ha. The reason is so clear. Lets go Kang Hoon!

Hi All.. this is my first post int his thread :sweatingbullets:

i jumped watched episodes 3 & 4 last sunday just to know the storyline and got hooked already.

especially after the bubble thingy .. :P

but i presume not many people interested with this drama when there are only 8 pages to the thread when the drama is already into its 8th episodes..

I wish they will be more interactions and contributions here and I thank the supporters in advance. :D

Guest ichaboy

I just finished watching ep 7~^^

I love it when the two doctors fight for Kanghoon's sister.. The sleepy doctor is so cute saying that he doesn't mind having Dr.Lee Kanghoon as his brother-in-law.. :D

One thing that made me worried (for a little while).. Kanghoon was caught off guard when the rich girl asked him why he came, why didn't he just call the hotel's front desk..?! I was like, "Oh no! He has feelings for her!!" :( But then I'm glad that even after she back-hugged him, he asked her not to call him again.. :D Although I'm sure in the future she'll keep helping him behind his back..

Can't wait for ep 8!! :)

dang, i hope shk is getting some rest, cuz he was in almost every scene in ep 7. btw i love how ksc even talks to his plants in jondaemal (formal speech) lol. but oh no, the drama is hinting that ksc may have committed malpractice and killed kh's dad. hopefully there's a twist...

gist of ep 8 preview:

kh completes the surgery at the other hospital and then barely makes it in time to do the surgery at his hospital (LOLOL really??). but he gets rebuked for his actions so he declares he'll leave. dr. ahn wants to hire him, but the other profs object...(more bureaucracy...our poor kh just can't catch a break :[)

and yay, ratings went up by 0.9% to 10.9% for ep 7! hopefully it's an upward trend from hereon...

lastly, i actually really liked the scene b/w kh and yj. they're both such sad, lonely, and ambitious characters. kh had this sad look when yj held on to him. i liked how ibadi's "solitude" started playing as he held her hands and calmly told her he wouldn't answer her calls anymore so not to call. he kept his hands over hers while he spoke and only afterwards released her hold on him. that was a nice moment. despite my kh-jh bias, i think kh and yj make an interesting pair too. :P

Guest kayana20

I am running to watch episode 7 now. Aww I hope our Hot tension doesn't start having misunderstandings already.They will because both are awkward on their feelings and communicating. I can already see KH thinks manipulation is the best way to get higher up in the hospital when if he used his skills he would be perfectly fine at achieving a better position. I feel his ambition will start to push Ji Hye towards Joon Suk who is obsessively in love with her and so jealous of Kanghoon as a doctor and because he see's what is growing between Ji hye and Kanghoon. Ahh so much but it makes it that much more enjoyable to watch. The blind leafing the blind.I cannot wait to see how this triangle plays out and who will be smart enough to figure out who is manipulating who.I personally feel Joon Suk likes Ji Hye now because he see's she is interested in Kang Hoon who is a much better doctor than him too. He feels threatened and like he is losing control.It's all about him being number 1 and using her to get to kang Hoon will make him feel that way since Kang Hoon has an ambition to rise in the hospital ranks.I know Ji Hye can teach him it's about ethic and hardwork not who you manipulate because then you forget what being a good doctor is at the end of the day.

Shin Ha Kyun soompi thread

December 5, 2011

Shin Ha-kyun Shows Heart-Captivating Performance in 'Brain'

Writer: KBS Media Jin Yeong-ju Photo: CJ E&M Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBS Media

Shin Ha-kyun is captivating the hearts of fans with his role in the latest KBS2 drama “Brain.” He plays Lee Kang-hoon, a neurosurgeon who is possessed with the ambition to succeed in his profession.

Coming from a poor, unhappy family, Kang-hoon has had only one thing on his mind -- to become a successful doctor -- for his entire life. He feels resentment towards the world that has been unkind to him and has no interest in anything else other than making his name as a doctor. With no money and connections to support him, he believes in his ability and shows hostility towards anyone who doubts it. He acts like a villain who does not feel any sympathy and compassion for people.

1224_3218_l.jpg

To his misery, Kang-hoon fails to be chosen as a faculty member over Seo Jun-seok (Cho Dong-hyuk), who is from an influential family background. He is also betrayed by his boss Koh Jae-hak (Lee Sung-min), who he had believed was supportive of him but in fact helped Jun-seok join the faculty. Worse, he is threatened by a loan shark to repay his mother’s debts for her, whom he holds a grudge against because she left him as a boy, only to return home after his father died.

Fans identify with Shin’s character and sympathize him as he tries to survive amidst fierce competition while hiding his true feelings. They say his situation reflects the reality where one’s talent or ability is not enough to be successful.

And it is Shin’s portrayal that makes the character all the more attractive. Shin is being praised for his subtle, realistic performance.

Meanwhile, other characters around Kang-hoon are also drawing growing attention. Yoon Ji-hye (Choi Jung-won), a resident, is expected to be the love of Kang-hoon as he kissed her in a surprise move in a recent episode, while Kim Sang-cheol (Chung Jin-young) will become a mentor to him. Jang Yoo-jin (Kim Soo-hyun), a business woman from a rich family who has fallen for him, is also willing to support him.

“Brain” airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 p.m. on KBS2.

Guest gracefulmoonie

here are some goodies BTS videos:

Here is the HQ (well, better quality of Ep 6 Bubblegum Kiss)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYsixRvczCE

other BTS videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0TVTLV8aWk

This one is particularly cute. The actors are all sooooo friendly BTS.

One minute KH and JS are grabbing each other by the collar. and

next minute the actors are talking and laughing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2Oxwbf5pk

It takes alot of work for one scene.....

Edit:Thanks Rubie for the articles....soooooo interesting that i went to that website and read more articles about Brain.

December 6, 2011

The Reason Why 'Brain' is a Quality Drama

CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung

The KBS2 drama Brain is being praised for its quality, especially as its producers are working under a common goal that the script should never be rushed. The seventh episode of Brain, aired on December 5, recorded the highest viewership ratings since the drama started airing, 10.9%, according to AGB Nielsen Media Research.

Before Brain started airing, the producers were initially concerned about the popularity of SBS’ A Thousand Days’ Promise, which stood strong with no. 1 ratings in the time slot. But although Brain started off with single digit ratings, Shin Ha Kyun’s skillful acting helped bring the ratings for the drama up to two digits just two weeks since it started airing. The ratings for A Thousand Days’ Promise are also continuously dropping after it briefly stabilized just below 20%, thus giving Brain a chance to catch up.

82383006.jpg

A rep from the outsourcing production company CJ E&M stated that the secret behind the success of the drama was “the surprising cooperation between the producers and the writer.” The rep added, “Producer Yoo Hyun Ki and writer Yoon Kyung Ah were a great team for their previous piece, Master of Study, and this time again their understanding and agreements on the piece fit perfectly, resulting in a smooth directing and scriptwriting process as soon as the drama started up. Even before the seventh episode was due to air on December 5, the script for episode 11 was released, and the cast members are already shooting episode 10. Because the script is coming out in advance and the directing is so exact, the actors have time to immerse themselves in the acting, making the drama even better.”

The December 5 broadcast of Brain aired a foreshadowing scene which seemed to imply that the father of Lee Kang Hoon (Shin Ha Kyun) had been involved in a medical malpractice incident. The possibility that Kim Sang Chul (Jung Jin Young) may also be related to the incident also aroused much curiosity. A Thousand Days’ Promise recorded 15.6% viewership ratings, while MBC’s Light and Shadow came in at 9.0%.

Photo credit: KBS

Guest ichaboy

dang, i hope shk is getting some rest, cuz he was in almost every scene in ep 7. btw i love how ksc even talks to his plants in jondaemal (formal speech) lol. but oh no, the drama is hinting that ksc may have committed malpractice and killed kh's dad. hopefully there's a twist...

Sorry for cutting your post short.. Me too, I want SHK to get some rest.. Even his Korean fans in DCinside page said that he looked much more exhausted in ep 7 than in the previous eps.. :tears:

I think it's true that KSC is the one who committed malpractice while treating KH's dad.. and I guess when they both know the fact, KSC will feel guilty and start becoming KH's mentor.. But I don't want to speculate anything right now cuz every time I thought something would happen it ALWAYS turned out to be different.. mostly in a good way.. ^_^

I'm glad that ep7 was not only about KH.. They revealed KSC's past (amazingly at the same time as KH's.. It's like KSC & KH had telepathy or something.. :P ) They also gave us an additional story about the triangle love between the two doctors and KH's sister..

I'm sooo into Brain recently that now I'm addicted to chewing bubblegum.. :P :P Darn, that bubblegum kiss has affected me badly.. :wub:

One thing that hurts me very much in ep 7 is when Prof Ahn told KH that he looked like a salesman not a doctor.. :tears:

After watching the preview of ep 8, I don't think I will like it.. :(

But let's see..

Oh! and thanks to everyone actively posting articles, links and photos here.. I really appreciate it.. Thank you.. :)

6 hours to go..!!

Guest mumudav

gracefulmoonie thank you very much for BTS videos <3 The way Shin Ha Kyun laughs when he's not in Lee Kang Hoon mode is so cute:)))))

When I watch behind the scenes videos I always realize how difficult actors' job is and admire them <3 How can they act such bold and intense feelings like heartwrenching crying - love declaration - heartbroken sadness and so on and so on when there are soooooo many people around them putting all the microphones, cameras etc right in their faces:)))))) They enact such intimate moments so sincerely...

Archived