[Drama 2011] Brain 브레인

Admin

this is a really good drama. i love me a dark, broody, conflicted protagonist. i'm tired of chaebol rebels in dramas cuz they're just whiny babies. here, kang-hoon is trying to climb up from a poor, embarrassing station in life, so his conflict is realistic and more desperate. i like that the drama is about his growth, cuz then we have the fun in seeing his currently sour relationships develop. according to the character chart, he's going to form a mentor-mentee relationship w/ kim sang-chul, and ultimately even get some assistance from the head nurse (who really hates his guts right now). and of course, there's the hot tension between him and yoon ji-hye. even his bureaucratic rivalry with suh joon-suk is compelling, as kang-hoon has the skills but joon-suk has daddy's backing. anyways, can't wait to see eps 5 and 6!

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gracefulmoonie

I can't wait for next week's episodes! XD

Credit: Brain official website & dc gall

I can wait either. You spoil us with these pictures. Now I wish I didn't open this thread.

But thanks because I am now super excited for the next episodes.

Now there is no turning back...I am shipping them forever, second lead male has no

chance..... :D

this is a really good drama. i love me a dark, broody, conflicted protagonist. i'm tired of chaebol rebels in dramas cuz they're just whiny babies. here, kang-hoon is trying to climb up from a poor, embarrassing station in life, so his conflict is realistic and more desperate. i like that the drama is about his growth, cuz then we have the fun in seeing his currently sour relationships develop. according to the character chart, he's going to form a mentor-mentee relationship w/ kim sang-chul, and ultimately even get some assistance from the head nurse (who really hates his guts right now). and of course, there's the hot tension between him and yoon ji-hye. even his bureaucratic rivalry with suh joon-suk is compelling, as kang-hoon has the skills but joon-suk has daddy's backing. anyways, can't wait to see eps 5 and 6!

I also agree with you on the point that Kang Hoon is a very realistic character, and seeing him transform into a more likable, and easy going person will be a challenge, but the actor that is portraying him does a very good job at displaying feelings

of disappointment in family, and conflicted emotions of wanting to be an ethical doctor, but struggling to due to his situation.

Love the hot tension btw him and Ji Hye (as you put it).... :wub:

It will be interesting later on to see the romantic triangle forming, now that we clearly know that Joon Suk is in love with Ji Hye.

Ebulli3nt

Thank you for starting the page. Can I ask you for a favour? Could you please reduce the size of the photos as it makes it difficult to open the page.

Thanks for the photos been using them for thank you cards. Have not posted here because I was waiting to see what happened with this drama. Viki just told us that the Americas have access to the Brain with 2 weeks hold back. That would mean ep 1 would be available from Tues I think. Don't ask me about the other countries as you all know we're all volunteers and not employed by them.

Brain @viki.com

Normally won't make a request but if anyone is free and likes doing screencaps will take any and OST as well for the channel player. I am sorry but no time do hunt for all these as the team is so small- 3 subbers. It has so many medical terms and I'm editing/managing Padam and MoH as well. Brain is giving me a headache as they speak so fast you can't even back translate into Hangul to check the words. 

No softsubs at present as no one is free to do it. 

Thanks again,

from the Brain Team@viki.com

EDIT

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.Taking a breather as we've completed ep 4 yesterday. Took awhile but I am hooked. I can't quite imagine a 2nd year Fellow being so insecure though.A Fellow is someone who has actually completed his surgical training and I've never met an insecure surgeon in my life much less a neurosurgeon.

The medical terms...the writers must LOVE their dictionary. Luckily there are Hangul notes but still,trying to explain what is a  non comunicative hydrocephalus is kinda ridiculous. Not the diagnosis but every video has some diagnostic word.Anyway,,,that's our gripe because you strain and strain to hear it.

So I am waiting for ep 6 after the spoilers. It would be interesting because after ep 4 don't see how it could evolve to ep 6's spoiler photos.

Hey, ck1Oz!

I won't be reducing the size of the images but I will put all images under the spoiler tag from now on so the topic will not be difficult to load.

Guest gracefulmoonie

Wow, I didn't expect to see these pics today! :w00t:

Credit Brain official website

Lilcrash, you've made my day.....I am officially "dead", wake me up when these scenes are on... JK.... :D

Not only is it Cyber Monday...but we get these pictures too...I am just TOO excited, aren't I ?

And in just a few hours episode 5....off to watch rewatch.

Guest mumudav

Oh myyyyyy~~~~

My heart literally skipped a beat when I saw the photo of them kissing <3333

Such great chemistry that even on photo we can see the tension and pasion like Kang Hoon is going to eat her alife ahahahah :-D Beware, Ji Hye, big dangerous wolf is approaching you :-D

I felt my heart tightened when Kang Hoon pulled Ji Hye closer while he was sleeping at the end of episode 2 as the hot tension between them was oh-so-damn-wow but I can't even imagine how it'll feel to see the kissing scene *swoon swoon swoon*

And I wonder why is Ji Hye wounded on spoiler pictures? There are several patchs on her face~~~~

Thanks Scout! for "hot tension" term, it's perfect for them, keke:)))) I even took it to my sig;))))

By the way!!! All awesome pairs have nicknames))) Let's name our oh-so-damn-wow couple Kang Hoon and Ji Hye - Hot Tension Couple:))))) It'll be easier and more fan to spazz about them like that:)))) And it's gonna be like we have our own insider club, ahahah:))) Hot Tension Couple fanclub :-D

Guest Han.Ji.Yoon

Hello all! I think I will be joining you guys in this discussion. laugh.gif Just started watching the first two episodes of this drama this past Thanksgiving weekend... and I loved it!!

OH MY GOODNESS. OH MY GOODNESS. Those spoiler pictures. wub.gif

Spazz attack right here. That "hot tension" between Ji Hye and Kang Hoon.. (gosh, I think we need to coin that term now. LOL. Thanks, Scout!) is just too much! It's just oozing uncontrollable sexiness. I can feel it.

And even with their hot chemistry they still manage to be uber adorable!! Them resting their heads on each others' shoulder. Oh my gosh. Kyah, I can't wait for this week's episodes!! <3

I can now go to bed in happiness.

EDIT: mumudav, YES!! I felt the exact same thing at the end of episode 2! I was freaking out like crazy! I so thought that Joon Suk was going to see them in that questionable position! Ahahaha. 

By the way, totally in love with your new signature. They are the definition of passion, aren't they??  :) Hot Tension Couple and Hot Tension Fanclub!! It's perfect! Hehehe. I feel so secretive and special already. Will have to put that in my siggie soon... ;D

Guest mumudav

EDIT: mumudav, YES!! I felt the exact same thing at the end of episode 2! I was freaking out like crazy! I so thought that Joon Suk was going to see them in that questionable position! Ahahaha. xD 

By the way, totally in love with your new signature. Hot Tension Couple and Hot Tension Fanclub!! It's perfect! Hehehe. I feel so secretive and special already. Will have to put that in my siggie soon... ;D

Yeahhhh~~~~ Me too~^*^ Hehehe, I was spazzing thinking OMG Joon Suk might come in and see them:)))

But I LOVE the dialog when Joon Suk came and Kang Hoon was so hardcore asking about why Ji Hye knew the password for this room and what were they usually doing in that room when they were alone, keke:))) Our Kang Hoony, little perv, kekeke :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for liking my sigs:))) By the way I liiiiike your avatar, hehe:))) This photo is so adorable! Wanna see in the episode why they are gonna end in this position hehe:)))

And yay!!!! Thanks for liking the idea of Hot Tension Couple fanclub:)))) We gonna be the POWER:)))))) And I bet our Hot Tension couple gonna be damn HOT and damn PASSIONATE)))) We have only 6 episodes (counting this week episodes) and there are already I'm-gonna-eat-you-right-now kisses between them))))

EDIT: heheh~ On official site before posting spoiler kiss pictures our Hot Tension Couple kiss was named: tough but sweet kiss :)))) Kekeke, how adorable~~~^*^

Kyaaaa~*^^* It's also named "storm kiss"~ "폭풍 키스"! I liiiike this termin:)))

EDIT 2: According to article on official site Kang Hoon will be chewing a gum and face-to-face with Ji Hye will ask her the phrase we heard in preview: "Do you like me?" and then will suddenly kiss her~ That's why it is "bubble gum kiss" ahaha :-D

But it's strange cause preview with phrase "do you like me" was for episode 5 but it's told that the kiss will happen on episode 6~ Maybe they are gonna make this scene a cliffhanger? For example: Kang Hoon comes at Ji Hye, comfronts her with the question, takes her face in his hands and... tadaaaaaam~ the end of episode :-D

I hope it won't be so cause in case I've guessed right we are gonna suffer for the whole day waiting for the next episode and spazzing in anticipation :-D

Guest mumudav

where do you watch this drama live?

I watched it here: http://kr.wubisheng.cn/html/hanju/zxtv/?id=KBS2#

Awww~ No "do you like me?" today~TT

But there were two awesome Hot Tension Couple scenes <3333 And the second one at the end of episode was so tensed and kya-kya-awesome, hehe^^

"Brain" Sin Ha-Gyoon in the 'Bubble Gum Kiss'

fullsizephoto208985.jpg

Actor

Sin Ha-gyoon will 'bubble gum kiss' with Choi Jeong-won.

Sin Ha-gyoon and Choi Jeong-won will kiss passionately on the sixth episode if KBS 2TV drama "Brain".

The two are junior and senior with daggers drawn to each other in the neurosurgery department at the Cheon Ha Hospital and they kiss with a bubble gum in the middle.

CJ & EM say, "Even the crew held their breaths when the two kissed and the heart fluttering should be delivered to the viewers as well".

"Brain" is on every Monday and Tuesday at 9:55 PM.

Source: hancinema

Guest mumudav

semi-fly thank you VERY much for torrent <3333333

Oh gosh~~~ Preview for episode 6~~~ It promises to us so many awesome scenes with Hot Tension Couple <33333

wow ep 5 was another great episode. it was kind of a game-changer episode. kim sangchul and head nurse (and everyone else at the hospital) see kanghoon's weak side when the debt collector visits, and they try to help/appease him in their own ways. jihye officially joins team kanghoon. joonsuk is starting to realize jihye may like kanghoon (and this may send him to the dark side). and kanghoon inadvertently becomes indebted to yoojin.

also, i loved the tug-of-war part with the residents. jihye and seungman on kanghoon's side and the other residents on joonsuk's. but in the end, kanghoon kinda wins. yay. the ending was a real cliffhanger. i'm guessing either joonsuk ends up opening the door, forcing kanghoon and jihye to appear intimate to hide the document, OR someone distracts him by entering the room or calling/texting him. i would prefer the first scenario keke.

and seriously, can shin ha gyoon get any hotter? sigh...i'm going to miss angry and tormented kanghoon in the later episodes...

edit: <brain> airs in the same timeslot as <thousand days' promise>, and i've been watching the latter on live broadcast and the former by dl; but i'm so excited for <brain> ep. 6 ("bubblegum kiss"!!!) that i think i'll watch that live instead. heehee.

Guest Soldrama

My first post ever on Soompi, but this drama is worth a first post wub.gif

I would like first to thank you all for sharing pics and spoilers! You are doing some wonderful work there! Keep it up please rolleyes.gif

Two dramas are making my weeks for the moment: Vampire prosecutor and Brain. I am waiting for Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays like crazy hehe cool.gif

Now, about the drama. After only 5 episodes, I think this drama is one of the best of 2011. No exaggerations, The plot, the actors, the medical landscape, the romance and the tension ... everything is outstanding. There is not even one boring second during a one hour episode. Priceless.

First time I am seeing Shin Ha Kyun in a drama. He is amazing! He is portraying his character so well, I am a fan. wub.gif.

Is it me or is this drama not attracting that much viewers? Subs are delayed and no recaps so far. That's too bad. But the medical terminology is hard to handle, I agree. I just have to be patient.

I like the Hot Tension Couple Fanclub w00t.gif. Genius and Original! Can't wait for tomorrow episode!!!!

Aja aja Fighting Brain fans blush.gif

Archived