[Drama 2011] Brain 브레인

Admin

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest gracefulmoonie

Just finished watching ep2.. What an ending!!! :w00t:

although the romance is not really the main issue in the drama (yet), but after that ending, I now officially ship for Kanghoon-Jihye couple~~ :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am shipping them too. Even though, I have only watched 2 episodes, the chemistry b/t them is soooooo good.

Rooting for them. This drama kind of reminds me of Surgeon Bong Dal Hee.

also wanted to contribute something...I really like that song at the end of episode 2...and after some searching on youtube

....finally found it. - MV HD 홍경민 Hong KyungMin - 이 길의 끝에서 At The End Of This Way (브레인 Brain OST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_JUiCSp6nc

I'm glad I checked clicked on this topic for I'm addicted to the drama.

Even though only 3 episodes are out at the moment but I think that it's really good.

Waiting for the subs to come out for the last episode ^__^

I am patiently waiting for the next episode too. Does anyone know who is subbing this drama. I know that withs2 put it on their list.

But I saw it subbed on a website, and I was wondering where to get the softsubs.

Million thanks to ebulli3nt for all the goodies (pictures and news)

and also meebo for the raw download links....

I am always interested in medical dramas, and I will be watching everyone Monday and Tuesday...

and here is a review (based on two episodes) by Akallabeth over at dramacrazy.net

Ok, I personally hate adding reviews basing on only few episodes of a particular series. But this time I’m going to hate myself a lil bit more :D This drama definitely deserves to be heard of and watched by millions!

At first, I want to say something about the plot. Like I already highlighted, it’s been only episodes so far and there’s not that much of a background for me to tell what’s the whole drama about. There’ll be 20 eps but after watching the first two I got hooked up.

One can see a real surgery being performed and it’s quite convincing. Interactions between main charatcers are well-presented and in many situations you can feel the tension. It’s all about being the best, personal goals and pride. There’re doctors who think about patients first, while there’re other who think only about their own performance and fame. It seems that there’ll be some romance as well. All these factors make this drama worth watching.

About actors and people they play. I believe they are all new to me, as I’ve never seen them in any other drama. Nonetheless, I like their acting skills.

Lee Kang Hoon is one of those guys who always want to be the best. Of course he has his reasons and we’re about to know them. Yet he still makes me angry. He is arrogant, thinks high of himself and treats other unfairly. But is he really that bad? I don’t think so. I’m sure that this is how screenwriters wanted us to see him in the first episodes. I also know that he’s a great neurosurgeon and knows what he’s doing.

Seo Joon Suk, on the other hand, is very friendly and caring. He stands for people and treats them nicely. He appears to be a complete opposit of Kang Hoon.

Yoon Ji Hye… I can’t say I don’t like her, cause I do. But at times she looks a bit careless and somehow lost. That’s what annoys me about her. It doesn’t chnage the fact that she wants to learn and become a skilled neurosurgeon. She shares the same personality features with Joon Suk. Yet still… she seems a bit naive and out-of-place.

These two male leads will be rivals not only in work. I feel they’ll also love the same girl.

All in all, I believe this drama has potential and will keep watching it. I recommend it to people who like stuff similar to Grey’s Anatomy/E.R. or any other medical movie they’ve seen. Of course Korean dramas are of some different standard and usually have some unique features. That’s why "go and watch it!" ^^.

What Do ‘Brain’ and ‘Master of Study’ Have in Common?

Netizens have taken a liking to looking for links between new KBS2 drama Brain and Master of Study. The third episode of the medical drama, which aired on November 21, was filled with stories about the fictional Chun Ha University, Shin Ha Kyun’s neurosurgeon character’s prestigious alma mater. If the name of the school rings a bell, you’re on to something because it is, in fact, the name of the prestigious university in Master of Study.

In  the first three episodes of the new drama, several references are made to the school, from the neurosurgeons scolding their juniors saying, “To think kids like you graduated from Chun Ha Medical School, it’s a disgrace” to comments like “People usually acknowledge you if you say you’re in the Department of Neurosurgery at Chun Ha University Hospital” and other random references to the fictional school.

Viewers reacted with keen interest and comments like “I thought the school’s name sounded familiar. It’s Chun Ha University from Master of Study” and “I was watching it all seriously, but the random references to Chun Ha University set me off.”

The mastermind producers behind Brain worked together previously on Master of Study, which beat the odds and recorded viewership ratings in the mid-20 percents. Producer Yoo Hyun Gi and writer Yun Kyeong Ah of Master of Study joined forces again for the new drama, which conveys the competition among medical students instead of high school students.

The appearances of cast members from Master of Study on the new drama are also entertaining viewers. Shim Hyung Tak and Lim Ji Eun, who played charismatic teachers on Master of Study, currently star as a doctor and nurse in the medical drama, while Lee Hyun Woo and Lee Chan Ho, who played high school students, made cameo appearances in the new drama as well.

In another casting twist, Lee Kyung Hwa, the wife of actor Kim Su Ro, who played the homeroom teacher of the class with the lowest ranking students in Master of Study, makes a surprise appearance in the second episode of the new drama as a patient who is rushed to the hospital after getting into a car accident.    

Finally, Choi Kwan Yong, who was the chairman of outsourcing production company Drama House when Master of Study aired, was put in charge of production for Brain after becoming the director of dramas at CJ E&M.

A source from the drama said, “The cast and production crew from last year’s Master of Study have had talks here and there of working together again on another project because we worked so well together then. We started with viewership ratings in the single digits at the time, but we surpassed 20 percent by the end. I’m hoping Brain, through strong teamwork, a great script and [the actors’] acting skills, will see similarly good results. Although the viewership ratings are in the single digits right now, the response has been so overwhelming on the internet that the page views for replays of the drama online are the highest among all the KBS dramas.”    

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the November 21 broadcast of Brain recorded 8.7 percent in viewership ratings. SBS’ A Thousand Days’ Promise, of the same timeslot, recorded 16.7 percent, while 12.3 percent of viewers tuned in to MBC’s Gyebaek.   

Source: enewsworld

This is really an interesting drama it's my favorite type

I love the medical type 

eyelove.gif

and I'm really surprised I thought that there will be a lot of people in this thread

too bad it is really good drama 

sadface.gif

BTW thank you so much semi-fly for uploading the episodes

you are The COOLEST 

loveya.gif

I can't for ep 3 & 4 to be translate =D

and I wish that this drama will gain the attentions it deserve 

bouquet.gif

"Brain" Sin Ha-Gyoon Gets Angry at News of Jo Dong Hyeok Becoming Assistant

photo208169.jpg

Sin Ha-gyoon and Jo Dong-hyeok's competition has gotten tenser.

"Brain", Seo Joon-seok (Jo Dong-hyeok) hid the fact of his acceptance to Stanford and signed up for assistant professor and competed with Lee Kang-hoon (Sin Ha-gyoon).

On the fourth episode of KBS 2 drama

Lee Kang-hoon couldn't help but be shocked at the competition he had to deal with Joon-seok.

After the appointment test, there was a professor's meeting at the university hospital. Hwang Yeong-seon, the director of the hospital said, "You two are capable of being the assistant professor. Who do you think is more suitable?"

Lee Seong-min) said, "They are both my favorite students" professor Kim Sang-cheol said, "Then let's pretend this assistant appointment never happened".

While Ko Jae-hak (

Meanwhile, when Kang-hoon heard of Seo Joon-seok's passing for assistant professor, his anger hits the skies.

Credits: HanCinema

So far, I'm also drawn towards the coupling of Lee Kang Hoon - Yoon Ji Hye. When Yoon Ji Hye becomes ecstatic that Baek Dong Hwa has regained his consciousness, she bursts into joy and runs out of the emergency ward into Lee Kang Hoon, grabbing his hand and not letting go in the midst of delight. The scene may be brief but there's a sweet factor to it in my opinion.

Everything about Lee Kang Hoon's character oozes a sexiness in my eyes, maybe it's his arrogance and/or determination to succeed that I consider an appeal.

Guest ClaudiaLsj

Lee Hyun Woo Transforms Into 'Batman' in 'Brain'

http://english.kbs.co.kr/Entertain/EntertainmentGallery/view.html?No=1210

Actors Show Eye-Catching Performance in ‘Brain’

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/BehindtheDrama/view.html?No=1206

Guest ichaboy

I am shipping them too. Even though, I have only watched 2 episodes, the chemistry b/t them is soooooo good.

Rooting for them. This drama kind of reminds me of Surgeon Bong Dal Hee.

I agree with you.. At some point Brain reminds me of SBDH too, although it's hard for me to describe how they're similar.. But when I watched ep1 of Brain I can't help but comparing it to White Tower.. The main character, Lee Kang Hoon is quite similar with White Tower's main character, Dr. Jang Joon Hyuk, although he's not too evil-ish like Dr.Jang..

btw, Kyaaaaang~!! I can't wait for eps 5!! :w00t::w00t: I've seen the preview so many times I lost my count!!

In the preview Kanghoon helps Jihye with something, and it looks like a back hug??!!! Jihye is all flustered~~!! :wub: and in the background it's Kanghoon voice saying, "Neo na johahae? / Do you like me?" OMG!!!! :w00t:

Oh I wish it's Monday already~ :(

Archived