How to improve the forums?

melkimx

Guest monkeyinabarrel

^how is it annoying? it keeps people from spamming this forum with new threads. It's fine bumping up the thread if you have something meaningful to say.

Just think if there wasnt an official double eyelid surgery, 1/4 of soompi's B&F would be full of surgery threads. Circles Lens, etc...

Though I can see if s/he bumps up an on current events topic that was in serious debate (usually about religion)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^how is it annoying? it keeps people from spamming this forum with new threads. It's fine bumping up the thread if you have something meaningful to say.

Just think if there wasnt an official double eyelid surgery, 1/4 of soompi's B&F would be full of surgery threads. Circles Lens, etc...

Though I can see if s/he bumps up an on current events topic that was in serious debate (usually about religion)

I used to be annoyed, until I realized there was a symbol that indicated whether you already posted in that thread or not.

Guest .rainbow

There are threads that get bumped up from yearss ago. I guess if no one else sees a problem with it then meh.

Most forum users in general frown upon thread bumping. You're not in the minority. 

Bumps sure are annoying. Especially when it's a spammer or a nonsensical response by someone who seems to be posting just to increase their post count. Most of the spam is deleted by mods but user posts are a different story. There should be some form of posting standard in regards to bumping. Locking threads older than 1.5 years might help because some topics need not be brought back up. In most cases, the bump is a half-formed opinion or one-line comment that does not benefit anyone else. 

I'm wondering how hard it would be to implement a text-only chatroom. Sort of like IRC chats some older people might remember from years ago.

Guest Rita1430281860

Reply Notifications

When people use the reply option on a post, it is notified to the person that was quoted.

Or perhaps some sort of icon/color on the side of the topic titles to notify a person if there were quoted somewhere in it.

• 1 month later...

Remove the 'forum activity' feature or at least provide users with the option to hide it.

Simplify the layout of the profiles like (or similar to) how it was in the past.

Personally, I really miss the old layout. But, like you said, this theme allows ads to help pay for the expense of Soompi. Is there no way incorporate ads into the old layout or at least simplify the current one?

Guest knockblock

I miss how lively this forum used to be. It hasn't been the same for some time now. I don't know how much more I'm able to stomach this.

• 2 years later...

Hi... first time posting suggestions here.Was wondering whether the "Off Topic" feedback button could be moved to the left side, next to the Flag button?I have found that sometimes I end up accidentally clicking "Off Topic", when I actually wanted to click "Insightful".Not sure if anyone else has such issues...Anyway, just my 2 cents.

First of all, I would like to say a heartfelt thank you for shifting the "Off-Topic" button to the left side for the desktop version of the forums. Am really grateful for that change. Thank you so much!
Can a similar change also be done for the mobile version of the forum?I don't know if it's just my mobile device, but when I try to click a feedback, the Off-Topic button still shows up next to the Insightful Button.And since the screen is much smaller for mobile devices, the possibility of mis-clicking is still there.
Thank you. Truly appreciate your response to our concerns!

is there any way to expand the reply box? i feel so claustrophobic when i reply to a long post~ T_T though this much space is probably good for a short post,long post with multiple qoutes would be hard with just this much space to use~ and theres no preview button as well~it would be good to bring back the preview button

@ebullienceHmm... perhaps it's my phone?Usually it just shows the Flag and Quote buttons on the left.However, when I click on the post to feedback, it will display the remaining buttons right next to each other, in the following order:

Flag  -> Quote -> Off Topic -> Insightful -> Awesome -> LOL

Guest LaDadaista

This morning I've just noticed some changes made to the "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" panel where all thumbnails of the clickers are hidden and only shown when mousing over.
With the new "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" GUI design, you only know who are the latest 10 "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" clickers, but you'll never know the rest who clicked earlier.

May I suggest that Soompi GUI programmer and designer consider bringing back and displaying the whole thumbnails of the "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" clickers like before?
To be honest, I prefer the previous "Insightful - Awesome - LOL" panel, it makes the thread more interesting by knowing who are interested in our post. The previous "Insightful - Awesome - LOL" panel can also urge a user's need to engage in each thread more.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration. ^-^

LaDadaista said: This morning I've just noticed some changes made to the "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" panel where all thumbnails of the clickers are hidden and only shown when mousing over.
With the new "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" GUI design, you only know who are the latest 10 "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" clickers, but you'll never know the rest who clicked earlier.

May I suggest that Soompi GUI programmer and designer consider bringing back and displaying the whole thumbnails of the "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" clickers like before?
To be honest, I prefer the previous "Insightful - Awesome - LOL" panel, it makes the thread more interesting by knowing who are interested in our post. The previous "Insightful - Awesome - LOL" panel can also urge a user's need to engage in each thread more.

First off, Thank you for inviting our suggestions.
I totally agree with @LaDadaista it was so pretty to have all those people throw hearts at you... and when you see (actually see) people LOLing at your post, it immediately brings a smile~~~ isn't that why we are here for.. to be happy? to laugh?... please bring it back.. more over now it doesn't even load the entire list when we hover. Everyone would like to know who appreciates and disapproves, its the transparency in communication. Please dont take that away.
and regarding the OOT button, I only have one thing to say, and that is solely addressed to people who misuse the button. 
Hellooo... its "Off-Topic" 
NOT "I DoNot Agree" or "Dislike "
Thank You... 
Love Ress~

LaDadaista said: This morning I've just noticed some changes made to the "Insightful / Awesome / LOL" panel where all thumbnails of the clickers are hidden and only shown when mousing over.

Guest tropicalgirl

Archived