[Variety] Invincible Youth 2 청춘불패 2

Guest bakane18

i dont know watch much of the IY ,as in watching them very week,  and i watched them from the TV or online.

i noticed that the latest episode (when they have cnblue n narsha/taeyeon) they seems to have more fun, laughing alot etc..heck i enjoyed this show now more as compared to prev eps since it much more streamlined (less idols, more airtime for them) and having the comedic shinyoung n boom emcee'ing together.

maybe i dont find the girls slaving thru mud flats or fishing or even doing rural work funny and works as variety show. maybe as a documentary *quoted image*

heck even 2d1n changed their concept after the new pd came in and most of the original casts left. you cant stay true to the original concept all the way from 'debut'.

In all honesty  though, what IS the main reason, the main focus of "Invincible Youth"? It's "self sufficiency", right? If they were going to change the whole outlook/concept of the show, why bring back  the Invincible Youth brand and just come out with a whole new show? The whole point of this series was self sufficiency and working on the farm WITH a mix of the variety show aspect to make the show more enjoyable. Now it's just straight up games, and learning basically nothing. While its fun and all they still need to focus on the "point" of the show, you know? If not, just call it something else then. I'm not here to watch "Running Man" or whatever show. I'm here to watch IY. I was really excited when news came out that IY was coming back and while I'm happy that it's back and I do enjoy watching it (believe it or not, LOL) I really wish they'd get back to the main point of the show and that's farming and learning. That might not be enjoyable to watch for some people, but for me I like seeing these Idols that we admire and who are in the public eye doing regular, everyday work. It shows us that they're just normal people like you and me. Add to that with the mix of games/variety show then it's "Invincible Youth".

I don't know, we'll see what will happen. Well, I better get to sleep. I've gotta wake up at 5 to go to work and what am I doing? I'm here on Soompi talking about IY....I've got problems. XD LOL.

Nice discussion everyone! Keep it going!

G'night. :)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ktopia

After the restructure this season has gotten really good and more focused!  They're bringing in interesting guest stars and the addition of Kim Shin Young was a great move.  Suzyyyy! ^_^

Guest bakane18

You know... when I was at work sitting at my desk I randomly thought, "hmmmm....I wonder if those "foreign fans" that showed up during the show (episode 10 I think) are members here on Soompi?"

OKKAAYYYYY...... Fess up. Who are the ones that showed up on IY? Show yourselves. haha. I know......SO RANDOM. XD Well that's what happens when you're "working hard". LOL. (I am really.) ;)

Another note though is I just noticed reading past posts about the recent show and OMG I didn't realize SUZY wasn't there! HOW could I miss that?!? hehe. XD

@Rainbow: Really? They censored out something? I'll have to go back to see it. :)

I thought it was very obvious suzy was missing when they didn't show her face within the first 3 frames, since the PD seems to favour her so much. I don't mind since she's my favorite.

But it was very obvious when Jiyoung started calling out for Suzy when Boom was asking her how much she weighed. Suzy was tricked onto the scales three episodes ago.

I find the show now has moments where it was very funny...when Shinyoung pulled those vegies out from Boom I almost died laughing...but there are some very boring moments, lots of talking...and a general bad editing style. They show us things in the preview then cut it out. I'm still pissed they keep cutting out Hyoyeon dancing.

Guest bakane18

I thought it was very obvious suzy was missing when they didn't show her face within the first 3 frames, since the PD seems to favour her so much. I don't mind since she's my favorite.

But it was very obvious when Jiyoung started calling out for Suzy when Boom was asking her how much she weighed. Suzy was tricked onto the scales three episodes ago.

haha, yeah... when I was watching I honestly thought everyone was there. Maybe I didn't noticed because I was super excited seeing Narsha back, I guess. :) *shrugs*

Yeah, I noticed now too that right after the previews for the next episode, they don't show the black and white photos with The Beatles "I Will" playing in the back round. I kinda miss that...

sigh...refreshing...refreshing...still...

I saw the next episode preview. looks like the families are making a reappearance. I wished they went with all siblings and cousins, they are more likely to spill beans then parents.

Oh I just finished watching this ep...this is one of the better episodes, we've got farming, bonding and games. I think this is a good format to keep. Throwing a bit of everything into the mix. Allowing the girls to work and have fun at the end of the day.

Today's episode was great. As the poster before me said, we got everything: working, playing and bonding. I didn't like the episode from last week that much because they just played games and ran around without any aim or purpose.

Today we saw them having fun, while learning how to plant rice (to be honest, anything involving mud is fun lol). I really like the last segment, where they have to guess where the ingredients are or get punished by the managers. I love this concept. It's so much fun and I like how they got their revenge today. Actually, I always enjoy the interactions between casts and staff (in every variety show not only in IY) because it shows how close they are and I think that's very important for a show to be successful.

Yes my favorite segment was when they put the staff up agaist the G6 members in the jugs.

I thought Suzy and Jiyoung were really funny, the rest of them threw it very quickly but these two took their time. Suzy even gave the scary unnie a sweet smile before throwing water in her face.

Did I mention I love the scary unnie? she's so funny, I love how everyone is scared off her.

And Shinyoung's manager Minwoo, he obviously enjoys this game too much.

oh Semi-fly...do you have the TP or TS version? the 7gig version?

Loving this show more and more every week.

yeah..i luv how shinyoung can easily suit herself to the show.

she's like a big sister to the rest of the girls..

Guest KQI88

The episode was funny but again they did little to none work, or at least it was what the editing showed. When they said that the lettuce was going to be use in a party i was a bit disappointed, i thought that they missed the opportunity to try to sell their goodies...

thank you semi-fly for the links...this one wasn't as funny as the last but I still enjoyed it...missing jiyoung though. I wished they spent more time on the work instead of dedicating so much time to useless games.

Archived