[Variety] Invincible Youth 2 청춘불패 2

Guest freezspirit

I might be wrong but I think we finally discover what Hyunwoo is good at - chopping wood and not braking the axe!

Also I feel Yewon gets picked on in nearly every episode.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shadowangel28

finished watching episode 10..

Still funnny especially when they tried to speak english, ehehe, still cute to hear what they are saying..

Too bad for Yewon, she cut woods and brought the chopped woods at the base. I think this is the hardest job of all plus it's a guy's work.

Bora and Woori did also a great job in helping their grandmother. Yeah, I agree with @lc-kv that some of the jokes of Bora are nut funny but I think her power is her strength.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest winaitip

thank you very much Semi-Fly about torrent files. Appriciated it

veryfunny episode. Those two legend brought alot of fun. really good. w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest shadowangel28

thanks semi-fly for the link..

The shows keeps getting better!! had a lot of fun watching these. aww.. now they are starting to do farming..

looks like a lot of people have given up on this show...

I thought it was getting pretty good lately...I think one of the biggest issue with the show right now is they are in winter at a fishing village...

I don't know if anyone realize it but there is not much you can do at a fishing village in winter. its way to cold for anything to grow and fish has migrated to warmer climates. They should have started this show in summer where there was actually work to be done.

unlike season 1 where the villages had heated barns to grow crops in, this village doesn't.

I don't like the fact that they divide the members up all the time. They should keep them together.

Next episode is a pool episode...did the show really sink this low?

but I'm still looking forward to perving seeing the girls in the pool. No make up for all!

I watched the show in succession from episode 1 to 13 so it wasn't as boring for me.

My views so far on the show:

the Samchon's are useless. Boom is unfunny and mean, he's jokes mostly involved degrading one of the girls physical appearance. Soo Geun feels more like a host then a father figure. Hyunwoo still hasn't found his footing, I do believe its hard for him to accept being a samchon when he feels himself too young. They should have just made him an Oppa. Like Taewoo was in the first season.

My favorite member so far would have to be Suzy who just seems to react to everything so naturally. She's either a very good actress or is just like that in real lift. Though am I the only one who thinks the PD is favoring Suzy to much? she gets a lot of screen time. I'm guessing she's the Yuri of this season but being the youngest I hope they don't play a love line between her and Hyunwoo.

Amber is starting to show more of a personality. She's becoming more comfortable with herself and her and Suzy had some sweet moments. Their background interactions are one of the highlights of the show for me. Though would it ever get to the almost stalkerish Hyomin and player Sunny is still to be seen.

Sunny had her moments but she doesn't seem to be really into it. She also hasn't found her other half, her and Hyoyeon although from the same group don't seem to interact a lot. She needs her Hyomin.

Hyoyeon...what can I say, she seems too reserved and unsure of herself, she tries to be funny but then couldn't bring herself to go all out. I believe what she needs is a friend. I don't know if anyone noticed, but in episode 13 when they were all sitting on the deck, you could see the three youngest, suzy, jiyoung and amber huddling and Bora, Woori, Yewon and Sunny sitting together, only Hyoyeon was sitting along in the center. I felt so bad for her.

I also felt sorry for Yewon when Boom keeps making fun of her but glad she started to grow a back bone and gave back as much as she gets. I'm looking forward to her development.

Jiyoung was annoying the hell out of me with her shrill voice and forced cuteness. I'm glad the PD cut her scenes. I'll continue to watch and hope she'll redeem herself. When I first started watching IY 2, she was the person I was looking forward to the most, I loved Hara in the first season, and its unfair to compare but I was hoping Jiyoung would at least bring some of that spunk to the table, after 4 episodes, I was done with her.

Woori really needs another persona, they keep playing the old card with her. She's 25!

Bora needs more screen time, we barely see her at all.

What was really disappointing is the lack of a female host. I don't agree in bringing back Shinyoung, though she's mad funny, but she would not work well with any of the samchons.

I propose bring Joori. Joori is well known for her crazy antics and spurts of violence. She can keep Boom in line, argue with Sooguen and flirt endlessly with Hyunwoo. She's also much older then the rest of the girls and instead of being the partner in crime like Shinyoung, she can be the evil step mother instead.

Some views of mine on this season, as I pretty much gave up after watching the two first episode. but I still continue to watch because of Suzy.

I feel like in this season, they could've at least brought back Shinyoung. To many things that goes around, is that she can also teach the newbies the variety skills as when she taught Hyomin in the first season. She's hilarious, and she can easily get along with Woori in this season making her feel less old at least.

The reason Sunny was brought back this season is because she is highly demanded by the viewers and she got amazing farming skills. I was disappointed that instead of bringing more rookies, they've decided to add in Hyoyeon and Sunny. but one does make it up for one another.

Jiyoung - I was disappointed to find her hardworking but whiny too much. just the way of her whining is so similar to hyunah on the first season that it really annoys me. thought I did feel for her when the village leader? guy was choosing favorites and she had to do all the rice making while the other had to go off free.

Idgit Woori is only 25, Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yewon is about the same age, so only a couple years younger. they didnt necessary have to play the old card on her, if they were old as Narsha I can get it. but it's unnecessary.

The honorable worker has it cons and pros, cons is that sometimes the other are left to do something else that is fun and enjoyable compared to the honorable worker that is doing the hard work of everything. Pros about it, is that they have enough screen time for themselves, while on the others work they have to fight for the screen time.

I feel that the rest of the girls are having a hard time to adjust themselves to a character that they're going to present.

I think that sooner or later... they're going to end the show... because of low ratings XD (seems like seasons 2 of variety shows doesnt ever go well...)

the show has just moved from the 11pm time slot to the 5pm time slot, I believe the show is picking up now they are finally coming out of winter. They've also got their first set of idol guest, 2am.

Also for the first time, they acutally sleep at the village, the girls themselves are getting more used to each other.

Sadly what I was not looking forward to was a love line with Hyunwoo and one of the girls, up until episode 13 I really thought they were going to go with him and Suzy but after episode 14, it looks like they are going to go with him and Jiyoung. Jiyoung is at least of age but I still disapprove.

Looks like episode 15 they are going to go on a mission.

I think IY2 has slowly found its pace. The last two episodes were really great.

The trip to the spa with the grandmothers was funny, heartwarming and I think they all really bonded.

The last episode showed their hard working side. They had a budget and then they had to learn about the different goods from the farmers and prepare a presentation. Of course, there were a lot of funny parts too (I was basically rolling with laughter during the search for the gas station!) but it was never forced, rather it was created organically when the opportunity arose.

That's what I'm talking about. That's what iY is about. I like that the focus has finally shifted to the work and human aspect of the show instead of only playing games.

All in all, the last two episodes were a great improvement and I hope the upward trend continues :)

P.S. A lot of people seem to criticize that they always pick on Yewon, but keep in mind that this is a variety show, so they are actually helping her creating a persona in order to get more screen time (look at Gwangsoo in Running Man, he's been teased and abused relentlessly but it helped him to get out of his shell by "playing" a character). So the teasing might actually be a positive point.

I think ever since the primary school episode where they started doing farm work, three of them, theres been a certain change of direction. The last two episodes were good, though the pool episode was more about getting to know the girls then the work themselves, but episode 15 took a step into the right direction. The three groups having to travel themselves and pay their own way was funny.

The gas station really was one of the key moments of the episode, it was funny because it was just so unexpected and obviously not scripted.

Guest shadowangel28

Fighting IY2 and G8..

Hope this show will last for a long time..

The downside of changing the schedule and changing the sched in airing time on KBS World, I won't be able to watch since they will be airing it during weekdays.. But truthfully, I'm watching online.. ehehe..

The scene were Yewon just hang up to Woori is very funny.. ahahah..

For the next episode.. they will be having a real challenge, working with their mind and bodies.. I hope they continue a pace like that and more bondings with the members..

another aspect I liked in the previous episode is how the Blueberry team and the Lettuce team tries to one up each other, they obviously only keep in contact to suss out the competition. Sadly the Salted Fish team remained outside of this fight.

Looking forward to whom will win in the next battle, my bet is on either the Salted Fish team or the Lettuce team since the Blueberries takes up to 2 years to come to fruit.

Archived