[Variety] Invincible Youth 2 청춘불패 2

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lc-kv

Looks like there might be some member changes to the MC and girl group members.

Might actually work for the better. If I am to be completely honest... Sunny feels out of place during a lot of episodes this season. I really hope they keep Yewon, Woori and Suzy. Boom and So Geun as MC.

If they do member change they need to get one of the A Pink girls. They are seriously natural born comedians imo.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/member-changes-planned-for-invincible-youth-2

Guest timpa

Looks like there might be some member changes to the MC and girl group members.

Might actually work for the better. If I am to be completely honest... Sunny feels out of place during a lot of episodes this season. I really hope they keep Yewon, Woori and Suzy. Boom and So Geun as MC.

If they do member change they need to get one of the A Pink girls. They are seriously natural born comedians imo.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/member-changes-planned-for-invincible-youth-2

I think Suzy may be leaving if she's really going to be shooting another drama. She was rumored to be the 2nd female lead in the upcoming Hong Sisters drama which is a remake of the movie "Big". If she's shooting a drama she'll probably need to leave the show.

Sunny had a lot of pressure coming into this season being the only returning member of S1 and I think it would have been ok if Kim Shin Young had been the MC from the start. Shin Young really gets along great with girl group members and knows how to bring out the best in them. Unfortunately they picked 3 male hosts. Well 2 male hosts and 1 tree stump. The tree stump is filming a drama so he's leaving, no loss there.

Apparently Lee So Geun is leaving because he wants to spend more time with his family and that's understandable considering his wife's health. I think he probably expected 1N2D to end when he accepted the IY2 job and then after IY2 had started 1N2D suddenly decided to do a Season 2.

I agree with you on the a pink thing tho. They were really funny on Birth of a Family. I guess Bomi would be the top choice and then maybe Chorong or Eunji. Although I think Nam Joo is the funniest in the group...She's not slapstick like Bomi, but she makes funny comments like Hyomin (once she got adjusted to IY).

Guest KQI88

I just read the news on soompi and i'm sad that SooGeun is leaving. I like his way of MC in this couple of episodes but i think since Shinyoung is a main MC it would be dificult for the two to work out how to lead the girls. I'm not sure about Boom staying int he group, Tae Woo was a great oppa to the girls in season 1 because he did not try to steal the spot light and was actually always helping the girls to get more screen time. Boom is finally doing that but when Shinyoung enter he may feel unseasy and start his silly gimmicks again.

About the changes in G8 i just hope they mantain Yewoon, Woori, Eunyoung, Suzy and Jiyoung. Hyoyeon, Sunny and Bora don't have a clear character to me.

Guest lc-kv

So it seems Sunny and Hyoyeon have no plans of leaving.

So Geun (and if Suzy is also due to busy schedule) it would be a shame.

Guest timpa

So the latest news is that Amber and Woori are the two departing members, Lee Soo Geun is indeed leaving as Mc (as well as Hyun Woo) and that the two new MCs will be Kim Shin Young and Lee Sora.

So immediately my reaction wasn't about the 2 departing members, or even Kim Shin Young combing back it was... "How the heck is Lee Sora going to function on IY?" She's so prim and proper and 'diva-like'. Turns out its not the singer Lee Sora, but a model with the same name who's been a KBS radio host and on some shows. I think she's listed as being born in 1969 so that puts her as the oldest person on the show. Guess she's kind of like Kim Won Hee in Family Outing 2.

Also if the article I read is right it said that there will not be new permanent G8 members added and that each week or taping(so possibly 2 weeks) there will be 'guests' for that week. So I guess it could be male or female guests.

Guest shadowangel28

It's sad that Amber is leaving IY@ because of conflict in schedules.. She is great in everything she does in that show.. I didn't know Woori is leaving also until I saw the post of @timpa.. I'm gonna miss Woori cause she is cool!! I hope Sunny, Hyoyeon, Yewon, especially Suzy will not leave the show.. Because she is the main reason I'm watching the show..

Hope the ratings go up, they already change the time slot, didn't know also that the rating is so low.. But so far I am enjoying the episodes and it is getting better.. I hope the new casts of the show will bring more fun!! :]

Guest timpa

^I'm not 100% sure since I don't follow Rainbow, but I think Woori actually left a regular spot on another show in order to join to Invincible Youth. I think she had been a regular on God of Food Road and then once when joined IY2 I didn't see her on there anymore... Although it may not have been a permanent spot so I dunno. Rainbow does seem to be doing pretty decent in Japan too.

It's kind of sad that she leaves when she just got her hair looking awesome though heh.

I'm not sure if the reason Amber leaving is true or not because Sunny and Hyoyeon are still there... You can't tell me anyone is supposed to believe they're not busier than Amber(or anyone else on that show for that matter). Especially Sunny. Besides SNSD activities she's the sole host of a Music Show on an SBS cable channel that tapes on Jeju Island, and she's doing a musical.

Guest Untitle4Eva

^I'm not 100% sure since I don't follow Rainbow, but I think Woori actually left a regular spot on another show in order to join to Invincible Youth. I think she had been a regular on God of Food Road and then once when joined IY2 I didn't see her on there anymore... Although it may not have been a permanent spot so I dunno. Rainbow does seem to be doing pretty decent in Japan too.

It's kind of sad that she leaves when she just got her hair looking awesome though heh.

I don't think Woori leaving God of Food Road was related to her joining IY2.   I think Woori left God of Food Road because of Rainbow's promotions in Japan. Rainbow is actually doing pretty well in Japan, holding down the 5th spot on the Oricon Album chart. Since then, Yewon of Jewelry has replaced Woori on GOFR.  I loved that show when Woori was on it, and I agree her hair does look awesome these days. It sucks that she is leaving IY2.

Guest timpa

What the new timeslot for IY2?

Wonder who will replace the 2 outgoing members? Hope its A Pink Namjoo (:

Starting next Saturday it will air from 5:15PM to 6:15PM replacing the canceled Birth of a Family. Immortal Song 2 will air after it from 6:15 to 7:15. It's a tougher time-slot since IY2 had been airing late at night and now will be going up against We Got Married(MBC) and Star Junior Show(SBS). It had been getting slightly better ratings than Birth of a Family even though it was airing late Sat nights so I guess KBS is hoping it will be get as good or better ratings at an earlier time.

There's no replacement for the 2 outgoing members as of yet. I read an article which said the IY2 PD may use guest stars for episodes instead of bring on full-time replacements.

Guest lc-kv

Woori leaving is such sad sad news :tears: . She was the only other one (besides Yewon) who consistently remained funny. Its almost like they're removing a second group representation for each of the record labels.

Boom + Shinyoung sounds like it will be a hilarious MC combination no matter how they split the groups. Hopefully now Sunny can release her full potential with Shinyoung in the picture once again! First G8 now G6... G7 was a pretty magical number... a A-Pink member as the new 7th member... make it happen KBS :lol:!

Although if it happens I would personally love to see Chorong (with Bomi being a close 2nd)... Namjoo is funny but the maknae line would be too dominating.

Guest winaitip

Thank you for torrent file. It's sad to hear that woori, Amber ji hhyun woo and lee soo geun will leave the show. I'm a bit attached to woori now.

But it so excite to see kim shin young back on the show again.

Can't believe it's 17 eps so far, with all those critics and poor rating. Like season 1, no one expected it will last for a year and with 50+ eps.

Guest bakane18

@semi-fly: I just want to thank you for post this show and other shows that you upload everyday! Without your hard work, I don't  know WHAT I'd do if I couldn't watch my programs anymore! LOL. Thank you so much! :)

@timpa and untitle4eva: Woori is the one that I'm most sad about leaving. I first became a fan of her when I watched her on God of Food Road and I thought she was very engaging, funny and she LOVED to eat! LOL. So she was somewhat an old pro at the variety game. When I found out that she was doing IY2, I was SUPER excited to see her show her charms there as well and so far I thought she was doing a great job. Now that she's departing, it's kinda sad because I REALLY wanted to see her with Shin Young. That would of been a blast. (sidenote: Isn't it a cowinky dink that Yewon took over for Woori when she left GOFR? It was actually cool when Woori came back as a guest and seeing her there with Yewon as the current sidekick MC made me smile. I'm also sad that Amber is leaving as well because it was kinda cool having a non-korean (just like her Unnie Vic) on the show plus the fact she was REALLY cool AND she's from L.A too like me. Gotta support my fellow Angelino! haha. XD Anyways, tough losses for the program.

I'm kinda iffy on the whole "bringing in a special guest" for the show each week because it doesn't seem "right". If they're going to bring in some people, bring them in as permanent members. Bringing in new members each week is kinda weak, because I would like to have the girls bond and become a solid unit like they old "G7". (the pre-Sunny, Yuri, Hyuna departure) You know, that family atmosphere just like the latter I just mentioned. It's going to be hard for the remaining six if they are always going to rely on someone new each week IF they actually start farming, fishing or whatever they are going to do. (LOL) So hopefully PD will think VERY carefully for the future of this show.

All in all I really do enjoy watching this show and I hope everything works out. Now if they can only have one set goal of doing something. LOL. (i.e: Like IY1. Planting rice, growing vegetables, selling those products...) If the current bunch can do that with the fishing game or whatever they plan upon doing, hopefully they'll regain that certain something that's been missing from this show. :)

considering they are coming back into the warmer season they should be getting back to work now. Though a fishing village isn't the ideal type becasue unlike a farm, fishing can only be done at certain time's of the day to make sure you have the best possible outcome.

about the members leaving...I'm sad to see Woori go, she was starting to fit into her role as the unnie and Hyoyeon seemed to be getting along very well with her. Which I really liked since Hyoyeon seemed like the odd one out a lot of the times.

Amber leaving...well besides the Suzy + Amber pairing that I've been liking and hoping it'll become something like the Hyomin + Sunny pairing, Amber hasn't really done much to make herself stand out. She's good at somethings but majority of the time seems to take a back seat in all the activities.

I think that's one of the issue with the show, a lot of the members are so passive as compared to the original G7, who were very eager and took great joy in one upping each other.

SG I'm not sad to see him go, since he was way to much of a host and less of the appa of the group. HW can stay or go, I don't care, he doesn't do much. I wished they got rid of Boom though, he annoys the hell out of me.

Out of all the members, I enjoy watching Yewon the most, she's mad funny. Suzy is good too since I like the fact that she can't cook anything and is so contradicting to her looks. Sunny is starting to enjoy herself more on the show and once Shinyoung comes back...it should pick up a lot more. I get the feeling they moved the show to this slot was because Shinyoung was coming back.

Guest bakane18

So I watched the new episode last night, and OMG the cooking competition was SO FUNNY!!!! When Jo Kwon dropped the noodles on the dirt and Jiggy and Yewon couldn't beileve it, screaming....then they told him to wash it water.....HOLYCRAP, they weren't doing ANYTHING right! LOL. XD That team right there was PURE COMEDY GOLD so I was rooting for them even though I knew they were not going to win. Jo Kwon was just HILARIOUS dropping things left and right. haha. :lol:

In the end, they had no preview, just some message that came up along with Jiggy's head. The only thing I knew were the numbers. LOL.  "something something...5-15"? My guess is that's when they are coming back on with the new cast? *shrugs* I don't know. Anyone want to share what the message  was about? ;)

Archived