[Drama 2011] [2011-12-07] Fermentation Family 발효가족

KonaBeans

Ohhhhh, one of the most complete ending for a kdrama. Water all over my face in the last episode......water from my eyes, my nose and my mouth (drooling over the kimchi). I wish I could steal a bite.

The chauffeur's fate in the various twists was an interesting watch. Everything about him was so unyielding until we see him with his wife......

The film soft lighting from the morning sun gives it such a warm hue. I love the setting, Such a lovely house. Has the TV station revealed the exact location of the 'restaurant' site? And where can I find those foods by the way>>?>

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I admit to being afraid to watch the finale because of some of the comments that I read.   

It was fabulous!  

I'm glad Eun Bi was still there and the schoolboy came to visit.  He is so cynical at his age....:lol:

The ending still leaves me longing for more episodes....Hehehee, must be the seafood kimchi reference.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:  rating.

Thanks KonaBeans and other fans for making this drama-watch an enjoyable experience!

Mahalo.

I can’t find enough words to describe my feeling about this drama.  I know I wouldn’t say goodbye now because I’ll come back to watch it again to fully understand the meaning behind each kimchi and how it can heel human’s pains and bring them together, under Earth and Man. 

Beautifully done.

6784271076_dc2210a8f5_z.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The OST is spectacular, every single song is excellent.

The one you cannot miss is track # 7, The Face I Miss (Eun-Bi Theme).

01 이깟 사랑 - Foolish Love (J.Cera)

02 입술에 맺힌 말 - Words on my Lips (Heo Young Saeng)

03 사랑이 두려워 - Fear of Love (F.I.X)

04 기억으로 아름다워서 - Beautiful Memories (Park Seon - Joo)

05 미쳐 - Crazy (F.I.X)

06 천지인 - Cheonjiin - Heaven Earth and Man (Park Seon - Joo)

07 그리운 얼굴 - The Face I Miss (Eun-Bi Theme)  *

08 권주가  - Gwonjuga - Song to offer Wine (Park Seon - Joo)  *

09 꽃길 - Flora (Evening Yearning for You)  *

10 Morning

11 아침식사 - Breakfast

12 Ho-Tae Theme

13 한정식 - Hanjeongsik - Traditional Korean Set Menu  *

14 묵은인생 - Stay in Life  *

15 Missing

16 Sonata     *** Added ***

*  Title Updated

English Lyrics for track #1, 2, 3, and 6

@KonaBeans:  A thousand thank you wouldn't be sufficient for how you've taken care of our wants and needs in this thread.  Yeah, we want this and we need that.  We sound like a bunch of little kids. LOL  :lol:  But, you came through each and every time.  (Of course, you always do in whatever thread that you're on.) 

And, thank you to all the other people who provided us with links, tidbits, etc.  There has been wonderful camaraderie in this thread.  And, rightly so for a drama that was about family and friends who came together as a de facto family.   :)

For me, this drama reminded me of the warmth of being in the bosom of a family.  FF was a  most wonderful and heart-warming drama, with a great soundtrack and  beautiful cinematography.  The acting was accomplished. And, the  directing was done with finesse.  Honestly, this is the first time, in  years of drama watching, that I’ve cried from beginning to end of the last two  episodes.  But, they were not tears of sadness.  They were tears at the  beauty of the story and the humanity portrayed.

And, to use some of the director's and writer's words, I hope that you all will quickly and easily pass over whatever pain you encounter in your life and find a richer and more beautiful life awaiting you.  May you have your own "Heaven, Earth and Man".

See you all around soompi.  Hopefully, in the thread of another wonderful drama on par with this one.  :)

P.S.  @ardently:  I'm sure your young eyes have my old eyes beat any day.  I'll go with what you see.  After all, I only recognized the Herbal Medicine Doctor because of the shape of his hair.  If it wasn't for that, I probably won't have recognized him either.  :wacko:

Guest primimerifb

I can’t find enough words to describe my feeling about this drama.  I know I wouldn’t say goodbye now because I’ll come back to watch it again to fully understand the meaning behind each kimchi and how it can heel human’s pains and bring them together, under Earth and Man. 

Beautifully done.

*quoted image*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The one you cannot miss is track # 7, I Miss Your Face (Eun-Bi Theme).

02 입술에 맺힌 말 - Word on my Lips (Heo Young Saeng)

03 사랑이 두려워 - Afraid of Love (F.I.X)

05 미쳐 - Crazy (Feat. Pearl In NAMI) (F.I.X)

06 천지인 - Heaven and Earth (Park Seon - Joo)

07 그리운 얼굴 - I Miss Your Face (Eun-Bi Theme)

08 권주가  - Gwonjuga (Park Seon - Joo)

09 꽃길 - Roses

10 Morning

11 아침식사 - Breakfast

12 Ho-Tae Theme

13 한정식 - Hanjeongsik

14 묵은인생 - Old Life

15 Missing

Thx Kona Beans...Track #7 is the song I always looking for so the title is I miss your face , I am so touched with this song

Guest sig-Hadise

Beautifully done.

*quoted image*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The one you cannot miss is track # 7, I Miss Your Face (Eun-Bi Theme).

02 입술에 맺힌 말 - Word on my Lips (Heo Young Saeng)

03 사랑이 두려워 - Afraid of Love (F.I.X)

05 미쳐 - Crazy (Feat. Pearl In NAMI) (F.I.X)

06 천지인 - Heaven and Earth (Park Seon - Joo)

07 그리운 얼굴 - I Miss Your Face (Eun-Bi Theme)

08 권주가  - Gwonjuga (Park Seon - Joo)

09 꽃길 - Roses

10 Morning

11 아침식사 - Breakfast

12 Ho-Tae Theme

13 한정식 - Hanjeongsik

14 묵은인생 - Old Life

15 Missing

Hello Dear fans FF :wub:

Uni Kona , Thanks for upload ost with mediafire :lol:

@Auntie Mame, when it comes to Song Il-Kook and his project, "Your Wish is my Command" :D .   Your comments beautifully describe this wonderful drama.

@primimerifg, I found better translation of the track titles, please see updates.  I wonder if it was Eun-Bi who sings "The Face I Miss"?  I really like her rasby voice when she says "Ahjussi".

by Ruri @ http://cafe.daum.net/GeNtLeSongillgook

6932234039_dc91ed3cce_o.jpg

Werra,

Yes, there is plenty of cooking in this drama - tons of mouth-watering dishes pass before your eyes, you see them being made, being eaten, being stolen and celebrated and remembered...but what makes this drama really memorable is not so much the recipes for kimchi, but the recipes for life. It sounds trite, but there is a lovely little life lesson rolled up in every episode, and it is that, rather than the food, that slowly reels you in and catches you - and you find yourself rooting for these characters, loving their stories, and thinking about them long after the episode is over.

This is not just one of my favorite dramas for this year - this is one of my favorite dramas, ever.

Werra,

Yes, there is plenty of cooking in this drama - tons of mouth-watering dishes pass before your eyes, you see them being made, being eaten, being stolen and celebrated and remembered...but what makes this drama really memorable is not so much the recipes for kimchi, but the recipes for life. It sounds trite, but there is a lovely little life lesson rolled up in every episode, and it is that, rather than the food, that slowly reels you in and catches you - and you find yourself rooting for these characters, loving their stories, and thinking about them long after the episode is over.

This is not just one of my favorite dramas for this year - this is one of my favorite dramas, ever.

This drama sounds promising I will download it now :)

Do you know have links where can I download it?

If you haven't watched the drama with WithS2 subs, I really advise you to give it a try.  The WithS2 subs are so much more complete and the English is on a higher quality level.  http://withs2.com/vi...entation-family

While the subs on Dramafever are quickly released, they tend to skip over parts of the dialog.  Parts that give us a better understanding of what, why and how things are related in the dramas.  Their subs are pedestrian, at best.  <_<

And, my biggest grip with them is that they never sub the written documents that are shown to the viewer.  After all, there must have been a purpose for the director and editor to show the document to the audience.  But, Dramafever never sub those documents, such as the daily menu for Heaven, Earth and Man.  I had always wondered if the daily menu written on the chalk board related to the topic of each episode.   Or, if not, the description of the menu would, at least, enhance the flavor and color of the drama.

I am starting to rewatch the drama with their subs and I'm finding much deeper characterizations and no ambiguity in the HT's DNA result scene.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the recommendation, Auntie Mame! Count me as another viewer who was really frustrated with the ambiguity and the lack of any subs for any written material (I felt especially frustrated in the last episode, when KHT opened up Eun Bi's paper wish plane and we weren't told what she had written)! I would download WithS2's subs just for that alone...

Does the english subtitle on darksmurf or withs2 already good?

darksmurf subtitles are based on the Korean-Chinese translations.  Then, they are machine(google) translated from Chinese to English.  Then, hopefully, good editors will clean up the English because the machine translations are gibberish.   And, perhaps, the elite team will have further refined the English.  I have seen some excellent subs on darksmurf.  It all depends on whether or not enough people have worked on the subs. 

WithS2 has their own subbers, who sub directly from Korean to English.

darksmurf subtitles are based on the Korean-Chinese translations.  Then, they are machine(google) translated from Chinese to English.  Then, hopefully, good editors will clean up the English because the machine translations are gibberish.   And, perhaps, the elite team will have further refine the English.  I have seen some excellent subs on darksmurf.  It all depends on whether or not enough people have worked on the subs. 

WithS2 has their own subbers, who sub directly from Korean to English.

Should I download the subs from with s2 then?

If you haven't watched the drama with WithS2 subs, I really advise you to give it a try.  The WithS2 subs are so much more complete and the English is on a higher quality level.  http://withs2.com/vi...entation-family

While the subs on Dramafever are quickly released, they tend to skip over parts of the dialog.  Parts that give us a better understanding of what, why and how things are related in the dramas.  Their subs are pedestrian, at best.  <_<

And, my biggest grip with them is that they never sub the written documents that are shown to the viewer.  After all, there must have been a purpose for the director and editor to show the document to the audience.  But, Dramafever never sub those documents, such as the daily menu for Heaven, Earth and Man.  I had always wondered if the daily menu written on the chalk board related to the topic of each episode.   Or, if not, the description of the menu would, at least, enhance the flavor and color of the drama.

I am starting to rewatch the drama with their subs and I'm finding much deeper characterizations and no ambiguity in the HT's DNA result scene.  :rolleyes:

Agree.  I'm waiting for WITHS2 to finish all 24 epis and will do a marathon.  I'm sure I'll pick up many details the 2nd time around.

As of now, I'm still suffering from 'FF Withdrawal Syndrome'.

Kimchi Family is a drama I will remember for a long time.

Click for Wallpaper size.

6401872065_abef9e1768_z.jpg

6403517463_d75ea9a1fc_z.jpg

6403517933_3ae109d7fb_z.jpg

6403518293_8bc48b0873_z.jpg

6401898893_333b191eb5_z.jpg

6409794209_4fc9c089f3_z.jpg

6409794737_3da49ac298_z.jpg

6409795159_c018796959_z.jpg

6409795655_fab97c5cc8_z.jpg

6409796281_38d08dee18_z.jpg

6409796779_ca4cbc0345_z.jpg

6409797425_586af3dc00_z.jpg

6409797819_216888ac32_z.jpg

6824622659_5a4233b0a6_z.jpg

6824624005_96ee80161c_z.jpg

6824625777_c70c6ff1c1_z.jpg                                                 

Old news but worth for FF fans to read.

Source:  Asian-Drama

The Casting of Child Actors in Fermentation Family Heightens Interest

30-Dec-2011

The child stars who equipped with excellent acting have touched many viewers.

In  JTBC drama series Fermentation Family (Kimchi Family), the casting of  Yoon Hee Soo who lives with family of Chun Ji In after been abandoned by  parents; and Jang Min Gyo who plays the role as young Song Il Gook, Song  Ye Rim who plays the role of young Park Jin Hye, and Lee Jang Kyung who  plays the role of young Lee Min Young adds a lot of fun to the drama.

Especially  Yoon Hee Soo who plays her well perfectly. Although Fermentation Family  is the first drama series for her, but she throws all her effort into  the drama with the innocent unique to children.

Previously during  the production press conference of Fermentation Family, Yoon Jin Hee  said, “The actor who received the most praise from director is the child  actress Eun Bi,” proving her acting skill.

The flower boy child  actor Jang Min Gyo who has shot many CF and fashion shows also attracted  the attention of viewers. Min Gyu is playing the role of Ho Tae when  young, and shows the segment of Ho Tae during his time at orphanage and  lost his memory, and increase the tension of the story.

FF_675.jpg   

Song Ye Rim and Lee Jang Kyung who appear in the flashback recalling  scenes of Kang San and Woo Joo also bring a lively atmosphere to the  drama set. Song Ye Rim plays the young Kang San just right, while Lee  Jang Kyung with braided hair looks very similar when playing the role of  young Lee Min Young.

In the episode 6 of Fermentation Family,  there is also child star Ha Seung Li who used to play the role of Ye  Bin, the daughter of Yoo Ho Jung in the movie Sunny. She plays the role  of young Kang San during the time as high school student, and witnessed  the death of her mother. The moving scene lets a lot of viewers shedding  tears.

So, in Fermentation Family, not only there are adult  actors of Song Il Kook, Park Jin Hee and Lee Min Young, there are also a  lot of child actors who bring vitality and joy to the drama.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How Fermentation Family Actors Fight the Cold

30-Dec-2011

TBC Wednesday and Thursday drama series Fermentation Family (Kimchi  Family) has recently made ​​public the behind the scene photos from the  set that show the methods to resist the cold.

The set of Fermentation Family that is located at Wanju city is colder  by 5 degrees than within the Jeonju. As it’s surrounding with mountains,  so the weather is even colder. Some actors have to wear very little  when filming, so each of them has their own way to resist the cold and  keep warm.

The photos released by producer include Song Il Kook who was filming in  thick jacket, Kim Young Hoon who was reading the script, Park Jin Hee  who was enclosed with scarf and sat near to heater, and child actress  Yoon Hee Soo who covered in coat.

FF_673.jpg

Above all, the look of Park Jin Hee covered the ear of a child actor was  especially warming, directly expressed the heart-warming scene on the  shooting set.

As there are many child actors starring in Fermentation Family, so Song  Il Kook, Park Jin Hee and other adult actors often prepare  cold-resistance measures in order to take good care of the child actors.

According to relevant person in charge of filming, “Song Il Kook and  Choi Jae Sung have to wear chef’s uniform, so they cannot wear jacket.  So they have to always shoot under the condition of cold weather.  Sometimes, you may hear Song Il Kook roars a few times in order to  overcome the cold weather.”

Source: Asian-Drama

Archived