[Drama 2011] [2011-12-07] Fermentation Family 발효가족

KonaBeans

Guest merry68

Not sure which one you are talking about but here are the ones that I know about.  I think you were referencing Afraid of Love.

The Words Formed In My Lips - Heo Young Saeng

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=uDtQ-3j6E8o

Afraid of Love - F.I.X.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9KtrzY5crak

Beautiful Memories - Park Sun Joo

http://www.youtube.c...AE6C16A71A42104

Stupid Love (or Such A Love) - CERA

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vbvzPLC3wG4

Thx but seem  above not the songs I asked. If you  remember the scene when everybody enjoyed seeing the fullmoon this song also use as background music. This song  likes kid song but it sound so beautiful and  peacefull

• Replies 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who cannot access viki, subbed episode 23 is on

kimchidrama

http://www.kimchidramas.net/2012/02/fermentation-family-episode-23.html

dramacrazy

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/fermentation-family-episode-23/

Thx but seem  above not the songs I asked. If you  remember the scene when everybody enjoyed seeing the fullmoon this song also use as background music. This song  likes kid song but it sound so beautiful and  peacefull

Wonder if you are talking about the folk song (which the dad sang ... and brought tears to my eyes) and has been used quite extensively as background music.  If so, it wouldn't be in OST (I have heard that song in quite a few dramas).

Guest fkamkar49

I don't have much word to describe this drama. One thing I am sure of is that, this drama never failed to make me so emotional. :tears:  Honestly, I couldn't stop crying yet I can't point out exactly. I don't know if it is the music, the story, the surrounding or the actors. The ending is so heartbreaking yet so heart warming. When it comes to moral lesson, this drama will never be short of it.

I heard before that when a person cries, it will help him heal his soul as it washes out all the pain and that's what I exactly feel everytime I watch this wonderful series. An emotional therapy at its best.

I already finished watching yet my tears keep falling... Surely we will all miss this drama... :(

I agree with you 100%. I do get emotional and I feel for them I have never thought I will fall for stony face, yet here I am I found him adorable and so cute. 

I am going to miss this drama for sure specially since we did not have many good drama in the last two years. Love

Finally, it's over.  No romantic involvement between Woo Ju and any of the men.  (the writers ran out of time)  They should have extended the episodes.  I haven't had enough of Ho Tae and Kang San, yet.  The last two episodes had not much romantic scenes between them.

They did justice for most of the characters.  Only one dead, the root of all evils.  Who made me cry in the last episode?  It's Stoney!  He was a revelation and I knew it from the start, that he was not a bad guy.  Besides, although he was partly involved in the death of Hyun Soo's girlfriend, it was probably an accident.  There was no subs yet for the last episode, but judging from the raw files, he seemed regretful for what had happened.

I loved how Ho Tae fell down in his knees, begging (I supposed) for the life of his younger brother, Hae Jun/Stoney.  That only proved that "blood is thicker than water".

As a final tribute, I made this video of the last three episodes.

Here's the link:

RUN TO YOU

Guest cococrust

ep 23 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/se2v6h

ep 24 finale c-sub

pt 1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xhg3n8

pt 2

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1py6a

enJOY !!@@!! Really looking forward always to SIK next project

"Fermented Family" Ki Ho-Tae and Chung Hyeon-Sook reconcile through Kimchi

FF_671.jpg

Jeong Ae-ri and Song Il-Kook made amends with each other.

In the final episode of JTBC drama "Fermented Family", aired on February  23rd, Ki Ho-tae (Song Il-Kgook) forgave his mother Hyeon-sook (Jeong  Ae-ri) after a long period of thinking.

Lee Ki-chan (Kang Shin-il) called all the Cheon Ji In family together  and made seafood kimchi. Ki Ho-tae made more at night, all alone.

The next morning, Hyeon-sook ran into Ho-tae but she couldn't easily say anything to him.

He held out the kimchi he made first and said, "I made this myself. I  spent the whole night awake trying to make the juice clear".

He then asked her, "How was I when I was born?" and she replied in a  shaking voice, "You looked like your dad. Your hands and feet were like  mine".

They shared a conversation more comfortably with each other and he told  her, "I want to eat what you make me" and she smiled happily.

Everyone in Cheon Ji In made kimchi together and had a happy ending.

Hancinema

"Fermented Family" ends with Forgiveness and Reconciliation

1329986371454.jpg

General service channel JTBC drama "Fermented Family" ended successfully, with both forgiveness and reconciliation.

According  to AGB Nielsen Media Research on February 24th, the February 23rd  episode of "Fermented Family" took in 0.694% of viewers.

This is 0.612% higher than the previous episode on February 22nd and the highest out of all the programs in that time slot.

Everyone in this episode forgave each other were reconciled, while some even cried.

Ho-tae  (Song Il-Kook) forgave his mother Hyeon-sook (Jeong Ae-ri), who  abandoned him, and Hyeon-soo (Jo Jae-wan) also forgave Hae-joon (Kim  Yeong-hoon), who caused his fianceé's death.

Everyone  forgave Hae-joon, who came to cook at Cheon Ji In while hiding all this  truth, and he forgave his mother Hyeon-sook, who had a hidden son.

Netizens  were disappointed that it finished and said, "It was a warm story-like  drama for grown ups", "I was happy all throughout the drama", "I feel my  pain healing" and more.

Hancinema

Finally, it's over.  No romantic involvement between Woo Ju and any of the men.  (the writers ran out of time)  They should have extended the episodes.  I haven't had enough of Ho Tae and Kang San, yet.  The last two episodes had not much romantic scenes between them.

They did justice for most of the characters.  Only one dead, the root of all evils.  Who made me cry in the last episode?  It's Stoney!  He was a revelation and I knew it from the start, that he was not a bad guy.  Besides, although he was partly involved in the death of Hyun Soo's girlfriend, it was probably an accident.  There was no subs yet for the last episode, but judging from the raw files, he seemed regretful for what had happened.

I loved how Ho Tae fell down in his knees, begging (I supposed) for the life of his younger brother, Hae Jun/Stoney.  That only proved that "blood is thicker than water".

Here's the link:

RUN TO YOU

awwww . . . the MV is P-e-r-f-e-c-t.  Thank you.

FF Wrap-Up Party.  Food, Food, and Food !!!

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Source:  http://twitter.com/#!/yzin_/status/173007219653230592/photo/1

Source: http://38ry.tistory.com/65http://blog.naver.co...gNo=30132080143

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Waaa. Not all of the pictures were loaded. Thanks, anyway. Hmm, SIK and PJH sat in different tables. Gone were the sweetness and closeness. I hope not. Whatever, they can still remain close friend after the drama.

AUNTE MAME, thanks for watching my video. I wish to hear from you and some of the guys here again, maybe in the next drama of Song Il Kook.

Waaa.  Not all of the pictures were loaded.  Thanks, anyway.  Hmm, SIK and PJH sat in different tables.  Gone were the sweetness and closeness.  I hope not.  Whatever, they can still remain close friend after the drama.

AUNTE MAME, thanks for watching my video.  I wish to hear from you and some of the guys here again, maybe in the next drama of Song Il Kook.

Ardent, all the pictures were loaded.  What's missing?  BTW, where did you see SIK and PJH?  Do I need a 20X magnified glass?  :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's late.  But I just found a video clip with English-sub of the Press Conference where Woo-Joo talked about how her character received love from the uncle.

I'm still puzzled of the definition of this "love".

(English Sub) Arirang - Press Conference of the Drama, 'Fermented Family,' Starring Lee Min-young

wwwdramafevercom2012-2-2321-55-56.png

Another artistic camera shot.  This is in ep. 20, at about 29:26.  The screen grab doesn't do it justice.  But, in the video, it looks as if uncle is standing in streaming water.  I have seen other camera shots from a floor angle.  But, this director/cinematographer is very artistic in taking advantage of the stripes in the carpeting.

Here's the link:

RUN TO YOU

i'm always a lurker here ...and this is my first or maybe my last comment in this wonderful thread.You know,your post made me cry.Thanks to you and to all the people here ...now i cay " this is my favorite kdrama of 2012.God bless everyone!!!

I wish I had found this translated character description sooner.

It's a joy to read and helps me to understand the characters which I love more.

Also posted on the first page of thread.

Source:  Asian-Drama

Ki Ho Tae (played by Song Il Kook)

kimchi-sm-song-il-gook.png

A Fiery Gangster from an Orphanage

Was abandoned in front of an orphanage when he was 4 years old  and  left the place when he was 17. Is accustomed to wild languages and  to  live without any plan. Often tempted to take actions first rather  than  thinking before his movements. What he only concern is what to  eat! As  he has a unique talent that he never forget the taste and smell  of the  food he ever had, his nickname is ‘Dog Nose’. Becomes angry for  eating  food that is not tasty, never can be patient for being hungry,  and,  funnily, always follows and corrects the cars that violate  traffic  lights cut into lines, even though he himself is a gangster.

Lee Kang San (played by Park Jin Hee)

kimchi-sm-park-jin-hee.png

Second Daughter of Korean Restaurant ‘Cheon Ji In’

‘Life? Just enjoy it freely in your heart! But, let’s eat first  before  doing anything!’ A famous cook of a fusion style restaurant.  Ambitious  to be the best chef of such fusion style restaurants. A  qualified cook  for Korean, Japanese, and Western style food. Honest  and  straightforward. Relaxing and affectionate in nature yet very brave  and  magnanimous. But, time to time she is so slow and lazy, too honest  and  strict, and lack the sense to catch the feelings of the other  parties.  However, her bright and positive personality always energizes  people  around her. As she inherited her father’s characteristics and  sense of  taste, every one thought that she will be the cook of the  ‘Cheon Ji In’,  but she decided to be a cook for Western cuisine with no  hesitation.

Lee Woo Ju (played by Lee Min Young)

kimchi-sm-lee-min-young.png

First Daughter of Korean Restaurant ‘Cheon Ji In’

Helping father to run ‘Cheon Ji In’ since her graduation from  high  school. As a result of seriously suffering from high fever caused  by  acute pneumonia in her youth time, she become a less intelligent  person  than average people. Quite often speak unexpected words out of  the  context due to her slow sense of judgment, yet has silk-like  tender  heart. With such an innocent heart, laugh and cry a lot, and  care for  other’s feelings the most. Is kind, affectionate, and lovely  with such a  big heart always understanding others. But cannot decide  anything by  herself and is always dependent to others.

Kang Do Sik (played by Choi Jae Sung)

kimchi-sm-choi-jae-sung.png

Cook of ‘Cheon Ji In’

A poker faced person who never disclose his inner thoughts.  Been  together with Kichan in ‘Cheon Ji In’ as the cook for almost  twenty  years. Is like an uncle to Kangsan and Wooju. Has a rough  exterior with a  quiet personality, but silently cares for others from  the deep part of  his heart. His decisive actions in critical moments  make his position  crucial in the restaurant. Respects and understands  Kichan better than  anybody else and guards his empty place steadfastly.  

Lee Ki Chan (played Kang Shin Il)

kimchi-sm-kang-shin-il.png

Owner of ‘Cheon Ji In’

Father of Kangsan and Wooju. A real man who is bold and thinks in  a  large scale. Married a lovely daughter of the couple who raised him  up  like their own child and supported him up to university education,  even  though he was a homeless orphan. A chivalrous person,  always  sympathizing poor and needy people, bring them to his restaurant  to feed  them and provide hospitality, with a mind to follow the  pattern of his  father and mother in laws. Majored in architecture and  was quite a  promising architect for a while, but inherited the Korean  restaurant  from his in laws with the heart that there should be nobody  starving.  Affected by his wife with such a special love on Kimchi, he  himself  became a Kimchi lover.

Oh Hae Jun (played by Kim Young Hoon)

kimchi-sm-kim-young-hoon.png

A Cook for Korean Food

The only son of the president of Handeul Food Korea who is a  famous  master cook of Korean food. Is handsome, cool, tender, and even  talented  with fantastic cooking skills. Looks like a perfect one but is  shy and  fragile in nature. Easily being upset and enjoys getting  flattered. A  very cute noble-looking young man who is quite sensitive  for the fact  that how others look at him. A perfectionist not only in  cooking but  also in all other things around. Need to keep everything  neat and clean.  Some say he is prudent and some say he is irresolute as  he thinks long  rather than acting quickly.

Jeong Hyeon Suk (played by Jung Ae Ri)

kimchi-sm-jung-ae-ri.png

Chairman of Handeul Food Korea

Heajun’s mother. A famous expert of Korean cuisine and is well  known  as a Kimchi master. Inherited her father’s family restaurant  business  and transformed it into Handeul Food Korea, a leading  environmental  friendly naturalism food company. Outwardly looks like a  noble-woman but  in fact is a capable CEO with a strong leadership. For  her, pride is  more important than money and she always aim targets to  be achieved.  Second to none for the pride on Korean food, especially  Kimchi. Is  ambitious to globalize Korean food and announce the  excellence of it to  the whole world through her company as the base.

Oh Myeong Cheol (played by Choi Yong Min)

kimchi-sm-choi-yong-min.png

President of Handeul Food Korea

Husband of Hyeonsuk and father of Haejun. A man like a sharp  blade  hidden in a soft tofu. Nicknamed as a ‘Bear-Fox’ since he  maintains a  very calculated policy not to make any enemy in his  relationship with  others. Naturally gifted with self-survival ability  and skillful in  discerning power structures around him. Some who don’t  know him well say  that he is humble, but those who know him well say he  is cunning. Never  easily lose himself and maintain himself tenderly  and carefully, but  there is a face of an evil man hidden in him even  without the knowledge  of his family.

Kangsan’s Mother (played by Lee Kan Hee)

kimchi-sm-lee-kan-hee.png

Existing in the memories of Kangsan and Wooju. Sweet  and  tender-hearted. Always joyfully smiling and laughing like a  teenage  girl. Was so generous to the people as she was grown up as the  only  daughter of such a generous couple. Loved to tell her daughters  about  Kimchi stories like fairytale stories, but passed away 7 years  ago due  to a sudden stroke.

Na Eun Bi (played by Yoon Hee Soo)

kimchi-sm-yoon-hee-soo.png

A girl been abandoned by her parents and who becomes a family  member  in ‘Cheon Ji In’. Is quite pre-matured, probably due to  environmental  factor, lacking confidence and mostly depressed, but  gradually recover  her lovely ‘childishness’ through the process of  being a member of the  restaurant family. Has a very warm and deep heart  and role as a catalyst  to let the people around to re-discover their  genuineness. Become the  lovely mascot of the restaurant. A smart and  cute girl closely following  Hotae, as if he is her uncle, even though  he is so blunt.

Mr. Seol (played by Lee Dae Keun)

kimchi-sm-lee-dae-keun.png

A living-alone old man recently moved in to a very old  apartment  nearby the restaurant. Eats twice a day at the restaurant but  often ask  to put the bill on his tab. Peculiar in disposition and is  doubtful for  many things around. A very stingy person with lots of  complaints.  Exaggerates and boast himself a lot, and time to time  troubles the  restaurant people with excuses that he is sick here and  there.  Particularly keen to Hotae and complains him a lot, but  gradually  develop his friendship with Hotae over the series of events.

Cho Dae Sik (played by Choi Duk Moon)

kimchi-sm-choi-duk-moon.png

Gangster No.2

Number 2 man of the Changhuni gangster group. Senior to Hotae.  Clever  and smart, and rather being realistic than just being loyal.  Show off a  lot in front of others, yet stammers badly in critical  moments. Very  timid and easily get hurt from conversations with younger  ones. Always  hated Hotae who the boss taken care of the most. Eagerly  chasing after  Hotae when he disappears after causing terrible problem  in the group.

Kim Dong Su (played by Kim Sang Hoon)

kimchi-sm-kim-sang-hoon.png

Gangster

A member of Changhuni group. Junior to Hotae. Quick tempered but  soft  and innocent in heart. A child of old farmers couple in the  country.  Came to Seoul with a dream of changing his life successful  but  eventually became a gangster. Still dreams about the jack pot in  his  life and faithfully follows Hotae.

Han Pyeong Man (played by Kim Byung Choon)

kimchi-sm-kim-byung-choon.png

Korean Medicine Doctor

A Korean medicine doctor, who is living alone, without his  intention,  after sending off his wife and children to Canada, according  to the  will of his wife. A person with warn and optimistic mind,  always saying  ‘It’s ok, it’s alright!’ Habitually jokes around with  smiling face, and  is a self-appointed healthy wine-lover. Respects  Gichan as his own elder  brother, and cares for Kangsan and Wooju as his  own nieces. Not like  what he looks like outwardly, he is a top  graduated doctor from his  school who contributes a lot for making  number of healthy Kimchis by  providing his professional knowledge as a  Korean medicine doctor.

Jeong Geum Ju (played by Lee Il Hwa)

kimchi-sm-lee-il-hwa.png

School Teacher of Eunbi

An unmarried old woman with keen characteristics who looks like  a  dormitory teacher. A stubborn principlist with no flexible mind.  Never  allows anybody to get into her private life as a result of living  alone  by herself for a long time. Don’t like to talk about any part of  her  private life. But, she is totally transformed to a completely  talkative  person that no one can stop as soon as her mouth is open!  Occasionally  visits ‘Cheon Ji In’ and eats there with the excuse of  Eunbi’s issues,  then gradually learns how to open her heart to others  while realizing  how lonely it is to eat alone and how valuable it is to  live together  with others.

KONA, thanks for posting these character descriptions.  The actors portrayed all their corresponding characters well, thus, completing a very wonderful drama.  I was so touched by the last episode, after watching it with English Sub.  Ho Tae's last conversation with her mother also moved me to tears.  

It's a relief that the wacky gangster didn't turn really bad in the end.  He's still after Woo Ju.  Frankly, I couldn't hate this guy and actually liked him.  He always made me smile.  Another funny thing was just when Mr. Lee had started regaining his memory, he lost it again after seeing the quack doctor.  Well, that's how the Alzheimer mind's works.

To everyone, I enjoyed reading all your comments and thanks for supporting this drama to the end.  For the fans of Song Il Kook, please visit his thread in Soompi and meet his other International fans.

AUNTE MAME, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Park Jin Hee was sitting on the table on the front, wearing a maroon-colored sweater.  She talking to another girl and Song Il Kook looked like sitting on the left table next at the back, wearing a black jacket.  He's beside the man wearing white and they were seated near the window, as if he's reaching for something or making a toast.

Here's what appeared in my page

IMG_7177.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7185.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7187.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7190.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7194.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7196.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7206.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7208.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7201.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7216.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7211.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7224.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7231.JPG?type=w3

IMG_7219.JPG?type=w3

ASIANDRAMAADDICT, sorry but did my post/video make you cry?  Thanks for watching it.

I can finally say that this is one the best dramas I have enjoyed in 2012!! The first few episodes were abit slow for me but thankfully I stuck with it and without knowing, I was hooked onto the drama with its main leads and gripping acting from SIG and PJH... I adore the characters!

The final episode was so sweet.... I swear I was so anxious when I saw the episode preview but thankfully no one died (well, not my favourite characters anyways). We don't know if Mr Evil Daddy died from the stabbing since he was in critical condition. Even if he lived, he would face the consequences since CSM gave his testimony/confession :D

Oh stony face stony face.. he did such a tremendous job in the final episode.. I liked his character but not as much as the main leads, but he really did step it up in the last episode.. His tears of regret and disappointment... oh he has matured so much and I appreciate that he has given himself a chance to live his life the way he wants to... He's now so much cuter when he smiles hehe

I LOVED the brotherly relationship between Hyun Soo and Ki Ho Tae.. It just shows how much they would do for each other.. HT begging on his knees that he wouldn't know how to live if anything happened to Hyun Soo and Hae Jun.. I am glad that HS has family like HT :)

It was such a nice wrap up to everything. It was really touching when KHT finally reconciled with his mother... I think it was about time that he gave her and himself a chance.. I can foresee how happy he will be from now on, now that he has his mum, brother and of course KS... I know some were stating the lack of KS/HT moments but at least the writers gave us a sweet moment at the end where they held hands.. Incredibly sweet how he said he was thankful to the mountains and hills but I am sure he meant "Kang San" :wub:

AND I must thank the drama Gods no uncle and WJ romance happening.. breathe a sigh of relief and to add icing to the cake, they showed Mr Gangster trying his hardest to win WJ's heart.. I don't care what the writers were originally planning but I can take this open ending and believe (imagine) that Mr Gangster will eventually warm up WJ's heart in the near future blush.gif LOL :lol:

Thanks guys for having such nice discussions on this heart warming drama.. Been a pleasure to read all your posts ^_^

Guest sig-Hadise

Uni Kona Thank you for a brief description of each role in the serial  :wub:

Dear ardently  Thanks for sharing :lol:

-------------------

★Fermented Family full ost ★

01 这种爱情 이깟 사랑 (J.Cera)

http://www.fileden.c...911767/FF01.mp3

02 凝在嘴里的话 입술에 맺힌 말 (许永生 허영생(ss501))

http://www.fileden.c...911767/FF02.mp3

03 害怕爱情 사랑이 두려워 (F.I.X)

http://www.fileden.c...911767/FF03.mp3

04 记忆那样美好 기억으로 아름다워서 (朴善珠 박선주)