[Drama 2011] A Thousand Days' Promise 천일의 약속

serenasf95

That would certainly be the sort of trick the teaser editors often resort to. There's a shot barely a second long where SY (or somebody, but who else could it be?) appears to have a whole limb encased in plaster. That could well belong earlier in the actual sequence, not where the teaser places it.

Many Thanks To Baduy, its always nice to read your post, im so glad u join this thread :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would certainly be the sort of trick the teaser editors often resort to. There's a shot barely a second long where SY (or somebody, but who else could it be?) appears to have a whole limb encased in plaster. That could well belong earlier in the actual sequence, not where the teaser places it.

Now that seems more plausible.  I wondered about that plastered limb and who it belongs to.

And wow, I think you're right!  Brilliantly spotted!

But just how desperate are we all getting that we have to go to these lengths?

I agree we are desperate but then that is what is fun...like unraveling a mystery...it is quality for sure. But I believe those are the baby pictures also....so it seems like she will be able to be a mom for a little bit.with maybe messages left for the baby...but I still will be disappointed if he goes with HG...but I still think that is where it is headed.Who would want HG's mother for a step grandmother? My stepgrandmother was pretty mean so I would sympathize even if it is a drama and make believe.

[MSD] A Thousand Days’ Promise: Episode 18

by: hotshotlover30 on Dec 14, 2011

a10443a2b07697b500da473cc4a69868_large.jpg

During yesterday’s episode, we saw a jump in time. Seo Yeon’s Alzheimer’s has signiciantly progressed as has Seo Yeon’s pregnancy. Although she resents herself and her disease, Seo Yeon accepts the fact that she will soon no longer be apart of this world. She’s busy making checklists, tying up loose ends, and allowing herself to forget. While she’s slowly making peace with herself, those around her are now more scared for her.

::SPOILER ALERT::

17a17ec003a460e652c3b0662a82d841_large.jpg

With Seo Yeon’s condition rapidly deteriorating, Aunt has been helping Seo Yeon with housework while keeping an eye on her. With Ji Hyung coming home late from work, Seo Yeon insists that Aunt and Jae Min go back home, pleading to Jae Min, “Please take Aunt home. I’m not a baby. It’s ok to leave. Aunt is too tired because of me already.” Jae Min is reluctant to leave Seo Yeon alone, but seeing as that this might lead to another argument, Aunt agrees to go home.

As timing would have it, Seo Yeon accidently hits her head while stopping to pick up a dropped towel. The hit causes a huge gash, and Seo Yeon is shocked and scared to see the blood gushing down her forehead. Moments later, Ji Hyung comes home and hears Seo Yeon’s cries. He finds her in the bathroom sobbing and covered in blood.

edb1a0e7b6011e265820d5680b3674b7_large.png

Ji Hyung takes Seo Yeon to the hospital where she gets several stitches. The accident shakes up Ji Hyung, Jae Min, and Aunt pretty badly. Aunt sobs hysterically, while Jae Min is too shocked to say anything. The regret of leaving her home alone is evident in Jae Min’s eyes. Ji Hyung manages to hold himself together until he takes Seo Yeon home and puts her to sleep. He then goes into an empty dark room where he finally allows himself to let out a muffled cry.

“A Thousand Days’ Promise” recorded 16.3% (AGB Nielsen) viewership ratings for Monday night’s episode, a 1.5% increase from Monday’s episode. Shin Ha Kyun’s “Brain” recorded 13.1%, while Son Dambi’s “Light and Shadow” achieved 10.1%.

CR : Soompi

:lol:B)

hoping it will be a PerFect 10TH WIN for the last 2 episodes (Episode 19 + 20 ) aired next week ~~~~ th_image_congrats.gif

"Thousand Days Promise" No. 1 on TV charts for 9th win

2011121408373458170_1.jpg

SBS' melodrama "Thousand Days Promise" held onto its title as the most-watched Monday and Tuesday primetime series during the third week of December.

"Promise," starring Kim Rae-won and Soo-ae, had 14.7 percent of the audience tune in on December 12 and saw its score increase by 0.7 percentage points the following night, according to data by TNmS (Total National Multimedia Statistics) on Wednesday.

AGB Nielsen Media Research also revealed that "Promise" was No. 1 amongst primetime series with ratings of 15.3 percent on Monday and 16.9 percent on Tuesday.

This week's episode showed Soo-yeon (Soo-ae) going into labor while celebrating her birthday with her family.

KBS' medical drama "Brain" saw its ratings improve once again with marks in the 13 to 14 percentile range and MBC's "Light and Shadow" came in third place with ratings in the nine percentile range.

Credit : 10Asia

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011121408373458170

credit willenette /KRW thread

:lol:B)

hoping it will be a PerFect 10th WIN for the last 2 episodes (Episode 19 + 20 ) aired next week ~~~~ th_image_congrats.gif

hehe.... actually .... the latest episode (18) really did hit the 20% rating zone ~~ only within a minute though .... :w00t::D

(*pls pardon my translation .. =P )

'A Thousand Days' Promise' tears-filled last birthday, ratings hit 20.4% for a moment

What exactly happened within this minute when the ratings jumped for SBS TV drama 'A Thousand Days' Promise' which broadcasted on the 13th.

According to the ratings research company AGB Neison media survey on the 14th, the ratings soared in a minute for the scene when Seo Yeon & her family members conveyed their inner feelings with each other on her birthday in episode 18 of 'A Thousand Days' Promise'.

Seo Yeon said, "It may be my last birthday today, maybe I will forget my birhtday next year, so let today be my last birthday."

"Now I can still remember everyone, I really thank you uncle, aunt, & nephew who're with me; I always make you feel unhappy, I am sorry sister; I sincerely thank you brother."

Also, Ji Hyeong, who sent Seo Yeon to the hospital because she felt sudden pain in labor, couldnt help but in tears while holding Seo Yeon's hands tightly.

The ratings for this scene instantly rose to 20.4%. And the audience also couldnt help but in tears seeing Seo Yeon begin the final preparations because of amnesia.

Besides family members, another additon to the heartbreak is the child who is about to be born. Seo Yeon saying "sorry" to the child made people feel even more sad. The average viewership ratings for episode 18 has reached 16.9%, 1.6% higher than that of the previous episode.

Besides, the trailer at the end implying Seo Yeon having the idea of suicide had an impact to the audience. In the end, whether Seo Yeon chooses to negatively give up the child and commit suicide or any other outcome also makes the audience feel entangled.

<千日的約定> 充滿淚水的最後生日 ,瞬間收視率20.4%

13日播出的SBSTV的<千日的約定>瞬間收視率上升究竟這一分鐘內發生了什麽呢.

14日根據收視率調查公司AGB尼森媒體調查 <千日的約定>18集中在淑妍生日當天和家人在一起互相傳達內心的場面一分鐘內收視率瞬間飆升.

淑妍說 “今天也許會是我的最後一個生日.明年也許我會忘記生日,所以今天就當做最後一個生日吧.”

“現在我還能記住大家,能跟我在一起的姑父,姑姑還有侄子真的很謝謝你們, 我經常讓姐姐感到不開心對不起,哥哥,真心謝謝你.”

另外因為臨產而突然疼痛的淑妍被志亨送到醫院,爲了讓淑妍支持下去而緊緊的握著淑妍手的志亨也忍不住留下了眼淚.

這個場面瞬時間收視率上升到20.4%. 因為失憶而開始做最後準備的淑妍樣子讓觀眾們也忍不住留下了眼淚.

另外讓人心痛的除了家人還有即將出生的孩子,淑妍對出生的孩子說 “對不起”的樣子讓人們感到更心痛.<千日的約定>18集的平均收視率比之前一集收視率高出1.6%達到16.9%.

另外這播出的最後預告片中暗示了有自殺念頭的淑妍更是給觀眾們帶來了衝擊.最終淑妍是消極的選擇放棄孩子而自殺還是會有其他的結局讓觀眾們的心也糾在了一起.

http://www.innolife.com/mlist.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=32653

114_270994_e34dd605c778b9d.jpg

PS11121400005.JPG

Hey 71e, good job spotting the baby pics, I feel a bit of consolation now. It would be too cruel other wise with no baby.

Also remember these pics you posted in p.2? We haven't seen them yet in the drama so far. Wonder if they are to come or what?!

bf03fd755e92f92942a9ade.jpg

642c432d6f9fb29298250a6.jpg

Ok guys back to preview episode 19 when Seo Yeon looking down from the balcony while Moon Kwon crying but what the reaction of Ji Hyung errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr , i'm a bit dissapointed, sorry no offense

A Thousand Days’ Promise: Ji Hyung and Seo Yeon’s tragic love story

20111214_1323799560_94421700_1.jpg

Ji Hyung (Kim Rae Won) let out a mournful wail with despair for Seo Yeon (Soo Ae), who is getting worse with illness.

In the episode of SBS’s A Thousand Days’ Promise that aired on December 13, Ji Hyung feels frustrated on his own at seeing his wife getting worse with Alzheimer.

Not being on medication after she got pregnant, Seo Yeon’s condition gets worse. While she is alone at home, she gets a head injury and bleeds, screaming and weeping.

At the moment, Ji Hyung comes back home. He spots Seo Yeon, who is bleeding in the bath, and takes her to the emergency in hospital. He feels so hard on seeing Seo Yeon’s getting stitches on her head. Ji Hyung blames Jae Min, who was looking after Seo Yeon, for having left early and let her alone at home.

When Seo Yeon comes back from her treatment, Ji Hyung lets out wails of despair while covering her mouth not to leaking his crying.

Meanwhile, Seo Yeon shows strange symptoms saying hard thins on people around her and give a birth to a baby. This episode has amassed high anticipation about what will happen at the end of the newly wed’s love.

Source: TV Report

Korea.com

girlfriday on dramabeans has a beautiful summary sentence at the start of her recap for ep 17: "Today’s episode is all about motherhood – the mother that Seo-yeon is to her brother, the mother who abandoned them, the mother who stepped in to take care of them, and the mother that she wants to be."

But there are a couple of places where I see things rather differently, and I want to bring them out in view of all those people who actually claim they read recaps instead of watching the drama. That never makes much sense to me, but in the case of a drama so exquisitely crafted in every way and every detail as this one it strikes me personally as absurd.

Girlfriday has SY saying to her Aunt, apropos her wish for a meeting with her mother: "More than wanting to see her, there’s something I want to ask her."  Which rather makes it sound as though wanting to see her mother is indeed one of her motives, though not the most important one. But that's a bit misleading, because it's not what SY means. She's already said very emphatically half a dozen times in earlier episodes that she has no wish whatever to meet her mother (though she admits to wanting to know what became of her life) and she repeats that twice over in this episode, including right after their meeting.

The Korean particle behind this, ~보다 is tricky in several ways, and one of them kicks in here. It usually indicates a higher degree of something (= more than), but it can also indicate a preferred alternative (= rather than), and that's how SY is using it here. She's saying that if her Aunt is looking for an explanation of SY's request, the place to look is in her still unsatisfied curiosity about something, rather than any actual wish to come face to face with her mother. So I would translate this as "It's not so much that I want to see her. It's more that I've something to ask her."

Then, commenting on the intense scene between the siblings, girlfriday remarks: "God, her guilt at not being able to feed him when they were abandoned? When she was six? That turns me inside-out." But actually, there's more to it than that, and SY's guilt isn't altogether about not being able to feed him, or indeed about something solely confined to her six-year-old self. It is very much tied in with the real question she wants to ask her mother, which we hear later.

We first learn of what happened when the abandoned children ran out of food at three (or even four) removes, as JM, back in their student days, tells JY the story as his father once told it to him, having in turn gotten it from his wife who, we guess, was passing on what SY told her.

According to that account, the young SY went to the local store and asked if they'd let her have some instant noodles, but "she was turned away". Two episodes later we see SY's flashback to that actual incident, and it proves to be rather different. She nervously approaches the store, but as she does so, the owner bursts out, furiously shooing away a middle-aged woman who has dared to ask him for credit. Imagining she would face similar humiliating abuse if she asked for food she couldn't pay for, SY slinks off with a last longing glance at the bags of noodles stacked up on the shelves inside the store, and returns to tell her brother there's only water to drink, but there'll be meat when their mom comes back.

For that "lie" (where the falsehood she's truly apologizing for is the claim that their mother will return, rather than the promise of meat, and a translation needs to be careful to convey that) she now apologizes to him, but she keeps to herself, maybe even from herself, what she should surely have long since realized from an adult perspective: that had she not been so fiercely independent and proud, even at that age, she would have asked for food and almost certainly been given it. Instead, she prefers to recall that she was "turned away", when in fact she never even gave the storekeeper the opportunity to do that. This is, of course, all of a piece with her subsequent extreme reluctance to accept help, or even sympathy, but on this occasion, had her Aunt and Uncle not intervened after getting her mother's call, her independent spirit might have caused the death of her brother, as well as her own. That's one of the powerful undertones in the regrets she expresses so intensely to her brother in this episode. It also explains why SY is so keen, later in the episode, to ask her mother why, beyond abandoning her children, she delayed before making that call to her sister-in-law which saved them from death. This is the key question she's been wanting to ask, and finally does. She gets no answer, but the suggestion is that SY knows already what it is. Her mother put their lives in jeopardy rather than swallow her pride and face her sister-in-law's fury,  which is not a mile away from the motives that led the young SY to turn back from the store and face starvation rather than humiliation. That is the deeper reason why, just before asking her mother that crucial question about the delayed phone call, SY studies her mother's face and asks are they somehow alike. Her mother doesn't understand what she's getting at, but SY has a chilling sense that, in one respect, she knows that answer, and it isn't a comforting one.

BTW, since we're on the topic of those far off events, viewers with no Korean need to be warned that the WITHS2 subs for ep 1 are rather seriously misleading at the point where Jae Min, in flashback  is telling JH the story of how SY and her brother were rescued. After JH has asked him rhetorically how any mother could do that to her kids, JM goes on, according to the WITHS2 subs

Even though she beat them in every sort of way a thousand times a day until she was exhausted, my mother says it's so fortunate that at some point she came to her senses briefly and called before the children died of hunger.

This wrongly takes JM to be saying that SY's mother physically abused her children before abandoning them, but in fact the "she" (which of course isn't explictly present in the Korean anyway) applies to HIS mother, SY's aunt, and her reaction to what her sister-in-law had done. My translation of those lines would be

To begin with, my mother said merely killing her wouldn't be punishment enough, and she wanted to watch her die in prolonged torment. But then she calmed down, and said the kids' mother had at least called her before they starved to death.

Alright, now here's the ep 18 text preview that went up little while back today.

JY's father still can't fully come to terms with his son's decision, but, accepting SY as his daughter-in-law, he urges her to look after her health despite the problems of her illness, and encourages her not to give up.

A few months later, SY has joined her whole family at her Aunt's house for a meal to celebrate her birthday when she starts to feel labor pains and heads for the hospital.

Another example of why watching a drama, for which there are comments from Baduy, is such an extraordinary experience.  :)

I don't see suicide fitting into a drama about living and surviving each day.  The point of dementia is that SY is dying.  First, she'll die figuratively die by loosing all the faculties that encompasses the vibrant human being that is the person of SY.  Then, sometime in the future, when her physical mechanics finally shuts down, she'll die literally.  So, it would seem odd to write in a suicide into the story.  :huh:

Episode 19 preview from the SBS site

A few months have gone by since the birth of SY and JH's baby. SY has become prone to increasingly violent mood swings.

JH spends less time at his office and takes turns with her aunt to be with SY.

Finding herself as a result in the constant care of JH and her aunt, SY fears she is incapable of looking after her own child.

If not a suicide attempt then the preview editor's doing his/her job at keeping the public guessing at what's going to happen next.  Get's us to tune in to the next episode.

Hi everyone... such gorgeous photos..

I can't wait to watch these episodes... Episode #17 finally released with English subs on Hulu, so I am heading there now..

Clue of A Thousand Days’ Promise Ending Revealed – Soo Ae to Die?

The ending of Soo Ae is death?

The script of last episode of SBS’s A Thousand Days’ Promise has been ready. It’s reported that screenplay writer Kim Soo Hyun finally decided to let the heroin passed away after much agony.

Taking into account the situation of constantly worsening condition of Soo Ae who is suffering from Alzheimer’s dementia in the drama, the passing of her leaving behind family members is a very reasonable conclusion.

promise-sooae-kimraewon-wedding9-538x1024.jpg

Netizens used to propose various speculations on the scenario of grand finale, including “Soo Ae commits suicde” and “Kim Rae Won commits suicide” and so on.

On a Internet bulletin board, there used to be netizen who posted that Soo Ae looks at Kim Rae Won by her side, but she can’t remember anything, and feels very pessimistic. Based on this the netizen proposed the speculation that Soo Ae will commit suicide, and gained the support of many viewers.

However, Soo Ae has been pregnant with Kim Rae Won’s child, and decided to give birth to the child. Under this situation, if the final ending of Soo Ae is suicde, will undoubtedly bring a huge impact to the plot, causing the staff crews to plunge into distress.

Relevant personnel said, “Although the ending may be changed again,” but also said, “Writer Kim is a very meticulous and perfectionist person, she always maintains a high degree of vigilance against changing the script at a short notice and other behaviors that may damage the degree of completeness of the project. Most writers will upload the script to the Internet and etc., but author Kim will only take out the script after it’s completed, so even if the ending is changed, it won’t be major change.”

On the other hand, in the episode 16 of “A Thousand Days’ Promise” broadcast on December 6th, 2011, the aunt who just knew that Soo Ae is suffering from dementia fainted, and sharp quarrel broke out between Lee Mi Sook and Kim Hae Sook. The rating also surged to 16.9%, causing people to curious about the development of the plot.

via Joongang Daily

Source: Asian Drama

atdpep14sc003.jpg

Why looking at those latest BTS pics, I have a feeling like SeoYeon is gone, out of the picture,...like forgotten.... and what is HyangGi doing there? No wayyyy

I don't think JiHyung will die with her that is if she's going to die ... I know he loves her but not like that of Romeo.... Don't know if I have the courage of watching the ending. I want to live in my fantasy delusional world of Seoyeon and Jihyung a bit longer.

So her daughter will have the same birthday as her? Does it suppose to have some other meaning?

Has any one been back to dramabeans lately for the recap of 18? A very interesting view from CutieJamaican

Go there and have a read .... it will make you re-think about the drama, SeoYeon and JiHyung ....

http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/12/thousand-day-promise-episode-18/#comments

161211.jpg

Archived