[Drama 2011] Indomitable Daughters-in-Law 불굴의 며느리

Guest C51236

Hooray!  Now, there's, at least, 4 of us watching!   hahahaha 

I think the hope that anyone will sub a daily drama is pretty slim.  I'd settle for someone to give us a recap of the important points.  :)

I'll second the recap with a sprinkle of dialogue yeogi jeogi  rolleyes.gif

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yippee, the number of us watching are increasing!   The joke is that none of us, who are watching, understand Korean.  So, we don't really know what's going on.  But, we can guess to our heart's content.   hahahaha  :lol:

Guest avonmarissa

Count me in, ladies. I'm watching this drama earnestly and Shin Ae-ra's character happens to be my favorite; she is no pushover. I love how she stands up to the husband's mistress. That woman is the very definition of shameless. My Korean is far from perfect so I sometimes need google translate, but I'll keep watching.

Guest anna410

I am a huge fan of shin ae ra. The character she portrays is very likeable. She grew up in an orphanage, got married and adopted her new family, and as a reward her husband cheats on her for about a year, and then asked for a divorce. I am glad he is gone, so she can find someone who will really cherish and love her. To bad the girlfriend didn't get hit, oh well.. I think shin ae ra's relationship with the 2nd son will have many obstacles (age, widow, orphan, and she wasn't able to have a child)

The writer seems to be developing a storyline for all the women of the house.

The story does remind me of YDKW and family honor, in ref to the traditional house and jea sa, I believe they said 12 a year? That's a lot of work!!

Guest mandyemily

I am also watching the show, fortunately there are chinese subs so can still understand the show.

i like all the cast.

but can forsee difficulties ahead.

wonder how long will the drama be.

I am also watching the show, fortunately there are chinese subs so can still understand the show.

i like all the cast.

but can forsee difficulties ahead.

wonder how long will the drama be.

Don't forget to share what you can even for the early episodes because we non-korean, non-chinese speaking/reading people are still in the dark. sweatingbullets.gif

@anna410 thanks for the 411 on the lead character background. I didn't know she was an orphan. Is the mistress an orphan too?

Also the young brother seems like a typical hot blooded young man so I'm guessing he will over come some of their differences by doing what the husband couldn't do and that is getting her pregnant tongue.gifcool.gif

Guest anna410

Gerryg, the shopping hostess is from a middle class background, from what the president’s wife said. She believed the hostess is perfect for her 2nd son (someone from an average background), because her daughter in law is from a wealthy family. They have a lot of personality issues.

I believe the president’s wife knows Shin ae’s mother in law. From what I could understand, she stole money from her family years ago. She is trying to find her, to help her 2nd daughter in law. Her husband borrowed 1 or 2 hundred thousand dollars from the mob? (confusing with all these daughter in law’s, but #1son’s wife loaned her the money, and asked her to work at the hotel. ) I think she wants them to get together, and then black mail him for a divorce and money! Hope I am not making you more confused.

If you have any questions, I will try to answer it.

Hooray, yipee, hallelujah!  There's a lot more people watching.  And, as gerryg said, any tidbits would be greatly appreciated.  So, anyone with any information, please share. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!   :D

Thank you Anna410! So the president's wife knows the mother and the 2nd daughter-in-law. I;m so expecting the changing of the guards with the daughter-in-laws exchange  mother-in-laws. rolleyes.gif 

The other notable thing about this drama is the soundtrack.  It's unlike the forgettable soundtracks that are found in most of the daily dramas.   This one is great.  Just like the soundtrack in "You Don't Know Women".   I even downloaded a couple of songs from that drama.

Big question for Monday's episode:  Did she wake up in time to pull away or push him away?  :huh:

The actor looks so much like Chae Rim in her 'before' days.  Just like the way she looked in "All About Eve".

The President's wife is definitely afraid of the 12th generation DIL, as shown by her shock reaction when she saw her walking on the street.  Perhaps, the DIL is the President's first love????

On the other hand, the DIL seems to be Mr. Coffee's first love, which makes it very awkward since the SIL is totally smitten with the guy.  Poor guy can' shake her loose.  hahaha  The actress certainly looks better in this drama than as 'vinegar' in "You Don't Know Women".  So far, her voice hasn't sounded like the banging of a gong either.  But, I'm sure she'll bang and screech sooner or later.  sheesh...

Guest mandyemily

I missed out on a few of the previous episodes. It seems like there is a ex girlfriend that the male lead has.

so I guess she will show later in the drama

One of the novel things about this drama is how they show women in professions not normally seen in K-dramas.  I was impressed with how 13th generation DIL's friend was working as a wall-paper hanger.  And, her colleagues were all women.  :)

This drama seems to be breaking some stereo-types:

• Agassi, who goes after Mr. Coffee because she likes him.
  • Honey Lee, who rock 'em, sock 'em to her cheater ex-boyfriend.
  • The team of sisters-in-law who tells off the vixen who's ruining their family.
  • The women wall-paper hangers.

I wonder what's next.  ;)

Please add one more to the list of those watching this refreshing drama. I've recently became aware of this one and have been breezing through the episodes to catch up but a round of cheers for breaking the stereo-types (at least for those of the Kim household). Let's hope that they can keep this up for the rest of the episodes and not go down the well worn path of other ramas that become totally outrageous and frustrating to say the least.

I don't think I have the complete story on the first DIL of the Queen's Group family (Park Se Ryung), but her family use to be much wealthier than the Moon family, and with this marriage, she married 'down' for lack of a better word. I believe her family may have had some role in helping her in-laws achieving their current success and wealth. But, her family recently suffered some severe business setbacks and she's been trying to convince her in-laws to help her family financially, but without success. Her mother-in-law only appears to be rubbing salt on the wound by constantly making snide remarks about ensuring her second son marries into a family that won't be a burden on their family. This is guessing on my part for the moment, but I believe she is setting her husband up with her former classmate, Han Hye Won (second daughter--in-law of the Kim household) who she recently met again and befriended by giving her a loan (to pay the loan sharks) and getting the job at the hotel doing housekeeping work. I think all this is for a combination of revenge and suing for money which her family needs when she goes for the divorce.

I'll try to fill in some of the pertinent details as they come up (as long as this drama keeps sane).

Hi Hi Darcy!!! 

Thank you the summary. I just knew there was some logical reason for the first daughter-in-law's behavior. It looks like her plans will back fire on her and she will miss those abs when they are gone, but still, I don't blame her. If I were in her shoes, I would get back at those ungrateful in-laws too! 

Archived