Shim Eun Kyung 심은경

Guest adikkeluangman

stilldaydreaming said: Hello everyone! This is my first post here. To be honest, i've never watched any of her works. I just knew her through articles about Nodame Cantabile Korean remake. After that I googled her and found out several of her pics that made me think, "Hey this girl seems okay. She looks cute and i think suit for Nodame role". So i hope she will take the role in Korean version of Nodame Cantabile. Fighting! ^^

*you see i even use her pic as my avatar. that pic of her does look similar to nodame tho XD*

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey there.. Been a fan of EunKyung ever since the Movie SUNNY.. a frequent visitor and poster in Miss Granny and that was also the movie that solidify my LOVE for her... so I am happy regarding the news on her new feature offer... she really is one amazing actress for one so young... Can't wait for  subs of miss granny to come out as well as for this new movie to make its debut...^___^

Shim Eun-kyung courted for Waiting For Youby awcoconuts | May 10, 2014shimeunkyung_52.jpg
Box-office draw Shim Eun-kyung (Miss GrannySunny) is being wooed for the gritty filmWaiting For You, about a serial killer who is caught and thrown in the slammer — but justice hasn’t been served, according to the family of the deceased. She’s considering the offer of the central character, who is seven when she loses her father to the murderer, and who waits until he gets released from prison 15 years later to make her move
read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/shim-eun-kyung-courted-for-waiting-for-you/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hanjae

class="entry-title"[Drama News] Shim Eun Kyung Unlikely to Star in Nodame Cantabile Remake

ibwcRSAcOECppH.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That’s all I have to say about the casting of Shim Eun Kyung as Nodame in the upcoming Korean remake of Japanese hit drama Nodame Cantabile falling through.

NO, WHY, NOOO.

…Okay, so to expand: Shim Eun Kyung’s agency, BH Entertainment, has expressed that it would be "difficult" for her to appear in the drama since she has a movie on the cards in the second half of the year and needs to focus on that. In other words, what I (and many others) had thought would be the perfect Korean answer to Ueno Juri’s spot-on portrayal of the quirky, 4-dimensional character of Nodame in the Japanese live-action drama has just gone poof.

Continue reading http://crazy9drama.wordpress.com/2014/05/21/shim-eun-kyung-unlikely-to-star-in-nodame-cantabile-remake/

May 20, 2014
Actress will not appear in manga-inspired Drama
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily20211036.jpg
Korean actress Shim Eun-kyung will not be appearing in a Korean version of Japanese hit drama “Nodame Cantabile,” according to local reports yesterday. 
“There are talks about Shim appearing in the drama, but she is unable to make it since she will be busy filming for another movie that she has already signed the contract with,” her agency BH Entertainment said yesterday. 
Currently, she is gearing up to voice in the acclaimed animation director Yeon Sang-ho’s new feature “Seoul Station,” along with Ryu Seung-ryong and Lee Joon from K-pop boy group MBLAQ.
The classical music-inspired drama based on Japanese manga by Tomoko Ninomiya first aired in Japan featuring Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi in the lead roles. The drama became such an instant hit that it was later adapted into animation, computer games and more. 
The Korean version has confirmed that the male lead to Joo Won, but the female role hasn’t been decided yet.

Shim Eun Kyung turns down 'Nodame Cantabile' to focus on a new movie

misc_1400595525_af_org.jpg
Actress Shim Eun Kyung has turned down the offer to star alongside Joo Won in the Korean remake of 'Nodame Cantabile' in order to focus her attentions on a new movie.
Her agency, BH Entertainment, told Star News on May 20, "It is impossible for Shim Eun Kyung to appear in the Korean version of 'Nodame Cantabile'. A lot of talk is surfacing in relation to her participation, but Shim Eun Kyung already signed a movie contract and will be focusing on that movie for the second half of this year."
That movie 'Guest' will premiere next year and also stars Ryu Seung Ryong and MBLAQ's Lee Joon.
It turns out that CEO Song Byung Joon of the production company Group Eight already had low expectations for her joining the drama. He told Star News, "It is true that we were thinking of Shim Eun Kyung, but as she's planning to appear in a movie, it would be difficult for her to star in 'Nodame Cantabile'. The female lead is still up in the air. We are considering a couple of actresses and are in the midst of selection."
Stay tuned to find out which actress lands this role! Meanwhile, who do you have in mind to play Nodame?

credit allkpop | May 20 2014

ahhh i would have really loved her and joowon in my screen but I personally found Nodame quite silly for a manga... I watched the live action of this manga but I just found the girl in the story to be tooo weird to be real... But I guess if she had accepted, she would have owned the part!!!!aisshh, I hope someday Joowon and her would have a great project together 

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Shim Eun Kyung Chooses Film With Lee Joon Over Drama With Joo Wonshim-eun-kyung.jpg?w=600

With the male lead for the drama adaptation of the popular Japanese manga "Nodame Cantible" announced, fans were waiting for word on who would play the female lead.

Shim Eun Kyung seemed a fan favorite for the role but the actress has opted to do a film instead. Song Byung Joon, CEO of the drama's production company, Group 8, recently announced that Shim Eun Kyung declined to play the drama's romantic lead opposite Joo Won.

"It is true that we were thinking of Shim Eun Kyung but as she's planning to appear in a film it would be difficult for her to star in "Nodame Cantible.' The female lead is still up in the air. We are considering a couple of actresses."

Shim Eun Kyung recently won praise for her first leading role as an adult in the film "Miss Granny." In that film she played a 70-year-old whose personality lands in the body of a 20-year-old. The film was a hit, selling more than 20 million tickets in a month.

Thinking like a 70-year-old is not the kind of role an almost 20-year-old usually covets but Shim very much wanted to do the film.

"I will do a lot of pretty roles from now on, but I picked this movie because the story was very meaningful to me and I thought I would learn a lot from this movie."

Shim Eun Kyung has already signed on to appear in the film "Guest," which begins filming at the end of this month.

"Guest" will also star MBLAQ's Lee Joon, currently appearing in the drama "Gap Dong," and actors Ryu Seung Ryong, who appears this year in the film "The Target," Chun Woo Hee, last seen in the film "Han Gong Ju" and Lee Sung Min, whose last drama was "Miss Korea."

The film takes place shortly after the Korean War. Ryu Seung Seung Ryong plays a man who moves to a remote mountain village. He takes along his son, played by Lee Joon and then mysterious things start to happen.

There is no word yet on what role Shim Eun Kyung will play in the film.

Shim Eun Kyung was considered one of the best child actresses of her generation. She appeared in three dramas when she was nine, including an appearance in "The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry." Her most recent drama roles were in "Merchant Kim Man Deok" and "Bad Guy." "Guest" will be her twelfth film role.

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Guest ca3soc

thanks everyone and Rubie  news!few day ago , I 've just attracted by Oh Doo Ri character  in Miss Granny Movie . that was the first time I saw Miss Granny Movie ; it seems so crazy but I watched two times  in next day :)) . Then I really hoped Shim could play Nodame characer in 'Nodame Cantabile' drama with Joo Won  .  Cause of her cute funny and talent roles .Now be sock by Shim Eun Kyung has already signed on to appear in the"Guest" movie which 've been  chosen main  roles by Ryu Seung Ryong , Lee Joon,Chun Woo Hee, Lee Sung Min and another actor .    how about  her role in "Waiting for you" in August ? Will she play in "the Guest "and"Wating for you" movie ??

Guest ca3soc

27/5/2014 
Congratulation Shim Eun Kyung . 
=D> SHe got Best Actress Award (Oh Doo Ri  character  in Miss Granny Movie )  in 50th Beaksang Art Award BopGPs_CUAEp8sg.png
Congratulation "Miss Granny " , Oh DOo Ri , Shim Eun Kyung , =D>
 :x

congrats.gifMay 27, 2014
Song Kang Ho and Jun Ji Hyun Win Grand Prizes for the Baeksang Arts Awards + Full List of Winners
by jnkm soompi It was a night of glamour and celebration as Korea’s hottest actors, actresses along with the staff and insiders of the drama/film industry all gathered together for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards on May 27.
With Shin Dong Yup and Kim Ah Joong hosting the awards, the Baeksang Arts Awards ran for 150 minutes, announcing this years winners for outstanding performances.
Song Kang Ho was the only “triple crown winner” of the night as he took home three different awards for the Grand Prize, Best Film and Best New Director. Kim Soo Hyun took home two awards for his film “Secretly, Greatly” for Best New Actor and Most Popular (Male). Seol Kyung Koo won the Best Leading Actor for “Wish,” which also won the award for Best Screenplay.
Other films that won awards include “Cold Eyes,” “Elegant Lies,” “No Breathing,” and “Miss Granny.”
For the television awards, Jun Ji Hyun won the Grand Prize for her performance in “Man from the Stars.” The drama also helped Kim Soo Hyun win the Most Popular (Male) award and Lyn for the Best OST. The Best Director award went to Ahn Pan Suk and the Best Writing award to Jung Sung Joo, both from “Secret Love Affair.”
Other dramas and shows that received awards include “Good Doctor,” “The Its Know,” “Grandpas Over Flowers,” “Jeong Do Jeon,” “I Hear Your Voice,” “Reply 1994,” “Empress Ki,” “The Heirs,” “Witch Hunt” and “Gag Concert.”
Here is a complete list of winners for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards:
2014052721311021998_1.jpg?time=025823

FilmGrand Prize – Song Kang Ho (“The Attorney“)Best Film – “The Attorney”Best Director - Bong Joon Ho (“Snowpiercer“)Best Leading Actor – Seol Kyung Koo (“Wish”)Best Leading Actress – Shim Eun Kyung (“Miss Granny”)Best Supporting Actor – Lee Jung Jae (“The Face Reader“)Best Supporting Actress - Jin Kyung (“Cold Eyes”)Best New Actor – Kim Soo Hyun (“Secretly, Greatly”)Best New Actress - Kim Hyang Ki (“Elegant Lies”)Best New Director – Yang Woo Suk (“The Attorney”)Best Screenplay – Kim Ji Hye, Jo Joong Hoon (“Wish”)Most Popular (Male) – Kim Soo Hyun (“Secretly, Greatly”)Most Popular (Female) – Kwon Yuri (“No Breathing”)
TelevisionGrand Prize – Jun Ji Hyun (“Man from the Stars”)Best TV Drama – “Good Doctor”Best Educational/Cultural Show – “The Its Know”Best Entertainment Program – “Grandpas Over Flowers”Best Director – Ahn Pak Suk (“Secret Love Affair”)Best Leading Actor – Jo Jae Hyun (“Jeong Do Jeon”)Best Leading Actress – Lee Bo Young (“I Hear Your Voice”)Best New Actor - Jung Woo (“Reply 1994″)Best New Actress - Baek Jin Hee (“Empress Ki”)Best Writing – Jung Sung Joo (“Secret Love Affair”)Most Popular (Male) – Kim Soo Hyun (“Man from the Stars”)Most Popular (Female) – Park Shin Hye (“The Heirs”)Best Variety Performer (Male) – Shin Dong Yup (“Witch Hunt”)Best Variety Performer (Female) – Kim Young Hee (“Gag Concert”)Best OST – Lyn (“Man from the Stars”)
MiscLF Fashionista Award - Im Siwan, Kim Hee AeInStyle Best Style Award – Jun Ji Hyun
Congratulations to all the winners! kaos-panda28.gif

May 28, 2014
Jun Ji Hyun and Song Kang Ho Receive Highest Honors at the ‘Baeksang Arts Awards’
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

It was a night of sparkle, eye candy, honors and humility as a countless number of stars walked down the red carpet, nervously hoping that their talents and efforts would be recognized at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards on May 27. 
From rookies to veterans to production team members, winners were called out one by one, some with tears and some with nothing but gratitude. 
88807406.jpg

Jun Ji Hyun and Song Kang Ho ended up taking the highest honors of the night in the Television and Movie Categories for their respective roles in SBS’ You Who Came From the Stars and the movie The Attorney.
Jun Ji Hyun expressed her gratitude, saying, “Whenever I start a new project, I always think that this is only the beginning but it could also be my last. With those two thoughts in mind, my heart that was stopped beats again. After receiving this award, I’m moved and happy to think that my beating heart from filming You Who Came From the Stars was felt by the viewers.” 
“It wasn’t a warm winter, but a hot winter that we spent [filming],” said Song Kang Ho in his thank you speech. “They weren’t able to receive any awards tonight, but I’ll believe that I received this award because Kwak Do Won, Im Si Wan, and Kim Young Ae passed it along to me.” 
After saying that he loves his family, Song Kang Ho then added, “Finally, I want to pay my condolences to all the victims who died in that tragedy that I wish to forget but cannot. I hope that the families will not lose strength and courage.” 
One of the highlights of the nights was when 19-year old Shim Eun Kyung won the Actress Top Excellence Award for her performance in Miss Granny. As soon as she stood on stage, the emotional tears fell as she wailed into the microphone, drawing laughter from the crowd. 
“I was nominated amongst such amazing people that I didn’t even think that I would win. I didn’t even prepare a speech. It’s an honor to even be here in this place. I’m sorry that I am the one receiving this award,” said Shim Eun Kyung, as her fellow nominees and seniors all smiled at her proudly. 
Best Picture to The Attorney while Best Drama went to KBS’ Good Doctor. 
Complete List of Winners
Movie Category
Daesang: Song Kang Ho (The Attorney)Best Picture: The AttorneyDirector: Bong Joon Ho (Snowpiercer)Actor Top Excellence: Suhl Kyung Gu (Hope)Actress Top Excellence: Shim Eun Kyung (Miss Granny)Supporting Actor: Lee Jung Jae (Face Reader)Supporting Actress: Jin Kyung (Cold Eyes)New Actor: Kim Soo Hyun (Secretly, Greatly)New Actress: Kim Hyang Gi (Elegant Lie)New Director: Yang Woo Seok (The Attorney)Screenplay: Kim Ji Hye, Jo Joong Hoon (Hope)Actor Popularity Award: Kim Soo Hyun (Secretly, Greatly)Actress Popularity Award: Kwon Yuri (No Breathing)
Television Category
Daesang: Jun Ji Hyun (You Who Came From the Stars)Best Drama: Good DoctorVariety Program: Grandpas Over FlowersEducation Program: I Want to Know Directing: Ahn Pan Seok (Secret Love Affair)Actor Top Excellence: Jo Jae Hyun (Jeong Do Jeon)Actress Top Excellence: Lee Bo Young (I Hear Your Voice)New Actor: Jung Woo (Reply 1994)New Actress: Baek Jin Hee (Empress Ki)Male Variety Award: Shin Dong Yeop (Witch Hunt)Female Variety Award: Kim Young Hee (Gag Concert)Scriptwriting: Jung Sung Joo (Secret Love Affair)Actor Popularity Award: Kim Soo Hyun (You Who Came From the Stars)Actress Popularity Award: Park Shin Hye (The Heirs)OST Award: Lyn – My Destiny (You Who Came From the Stars)
Photo Credit: jTBC′s Twitter

May 27, 2014
S. Korean hit movie to be reborn as Chinese version
Source: YonhapNews
SEOUL, May 27 (Yonhap) -- "Miss Granny," a South Korean film that topped the local box office early this year, will be made into a new movie tailored for the vast Chinese market, the film's copyright holder said Tuesday.
CJ E&M said the filming for the Chinese adaptation of the comedy will begin next month for release in the Chinese market.
The new film, titled "20th Year, Once Again," will be co-produced by CJ E&M and a Chinese studio and directed by rising Chinese filmmaker Leste Chen, who is best known for "The Heirloom" (2005) and "The Great Hypnotist" (2014), CJ said.
Starring actress Shim Eun-kyung, "Miss Granny" is about a 70-something grandmother who suddenly recovers her physical appearance of her 20s after visiting a mysterious photo studio. The comedy, which opened in local theaters in January, attracted about 8.65 million moviegoers.
The Chinese-language film will star Chinese actresses Zi-Shan Yang and Kuei Ya-lei, according to CJ.
The company, however, stressed that "20th Year, Once Again" would not be a remake of the Korean film.
The upcoming flick is "a differentiated romantic-fantasy comedy that has never been seen in the Chinese market," a company official said. "It set 'Miss Granny' as a motive but will be adapted and produced to suit the taste of Chinese viewers."
   "We have more chances of succeeding in overseas markets when we do joint film projects with other countries rather than simply exporting homegrown films," the official said. "We're going to hold various joint projects with such countries as Vietnam and Indonesia with high potential for growth in addition to China in the future."
AEN20140527008900315_01_i.jpg

Shim Eun-kyung, lead actress of the Korean film "Miss Granny," ascends to the stage for a news conference at a cinema in Seoul on Jan. 6, 2014. (Yonhap)

May 28, 2014
Song Gang-ho, Jun Ji-hyun get top nods at Baeksang Awards
By Chung Joo-won The Korea Herald

Actor Song Gang-ho and actress Jun Ji-hyun won the grand prizes in the film and television segments, respectively, at the 50th LF Baeksang Arts Awards, held in the Grand Peace Hall of Kyung Hee University in northeast Seoul on Tuesday. 
Song and Jun starred in the film “The Attorney (2013)” and SBS romantic drama “My Love from the Star,” respectively.
20140527002103_0.jpg
Clockwise from top left: Song Gang-ho, Lee Jung-jae, Kim Soo-hyun, Shim Eun-kyung, Jin Kyung and Jun Ji-hyun. (JTBC)
The best acting in film awards were given to actor Seol Gyeong-gu and actress Shim Eun-kyung, who starred in “Wish (2013)” and “Miss Granny (2013),” respectively. The best acting in television awards went to actor Cho Jae-hyun of KBS 1TV drama “Jeong Do-jeon” and actress Lee Bo-young of SBS drama “I Hear Your Voice.”
The best film award was presented to “The Attorney (2013),” directed by Yang Woo-seok, and the best television drama award to KBS 2TV’s “Good Doctor.” 
The best entertainment show award was presented to tvN variety show “Grandpas over Flowers,” while the best educational program award went to SBS investigative documentary “I Would Like to Know.”
The awards for best supporting actor and actress went to Lee Jung-jae for “The Face-Reader (2013)” and Jin Kyung for “Cold Eyes (2013),” respectively.
The best director award went to Bong Joon-ho for “Snowpiercer (2013),” and the best producer award to Ahn Pan-seok for JTBC’s “Secret Love Affair.”
Actor Kim Soo-hyun, who starred in the SBS drama “My Love from the Star” and film “Secretly, Greatly (2013),” earned triple awards, being named  the best new actor in the film segment, and the most popular actor in  both the television and the film segments. 

This article should have been posted earlier but still a good read on the three talented actresses.
May 26, 2014
Jeon Do-yeon VS Sim Eun-kyeong VS Eom Ji-won
Source: OSEN via Hancinema.net
201405270126774487_53836b4a52ff0.jpg

Actresses Jeon Do-yeon, Sim Eun-kyeong and Eom Ji-won are nominees for the Baeksang Awards.
The 50th Baeksang Arts Awards will be held on the 27th at 6:30PM at Kyeonghee University.
The list of nominees for Best Actress are Jeon Do-yeon from "Way Back Home", Sim Eun-kyeong from "Miss Granny" and Eom Ji-won from "Hope".
Firstly, Jeon Do-yeon is on the list for her perfect performance. "Way Back Home" is based on a true story of an ordinary Korean housewife named Jang Mi-jeong who was imprisoned in a prison facility on the Island of Martinique. She was wrongfully accused as a drug dealer at the Oakley Airport in France on the 30th of October, 2004. Jeon Do-yeon took on her role as Song Jeong-yeon.
Jeon Do-yeon did an excellent job in creating a character who is mistakenly turns into a drug smuggler overnight, then turns impoverished and desperate as the story goes on.
On the other hand, Sim Eun-kyeong drew in 8.6 million audiences with the movie "Miss Granny". She played in the role of Oh Doo-ri, a 70-year-old grandma who one day goes back to the body of her 20-year old self.
Unlike the pretty and petite appearance, the young Oh Doo-ri speaks like a granny with a combination of profanity. Sim Eun-kyeong also added a pinch of motherly-love in her character which would've been tough to do at such a young age as herself.
Eom Ji-won has been recognized for her role in the movie "Hope" already as she won the Best Actress Award at the 33rd Korean Films Critic Association. Directed by Lee Joon-ik, "Hope" is about abused children and their families. Eom Ji-won took on the role of Mi-hee, the mother of an abused child named So-won (Lee Re).
The 33rd KFCA claimed that it was a tough character for someone her age to take on. However, she successfully managed to balance the woman's ordinary life and the painful truth behind it. Eom Ji-won indeed treated her daughter carefully but cried out in pain from her heart when she was alone.
There are other actresses who have notably stood out in the past year. Notably Kim Hee-ae from "Elegant Lies", she acts as a strong mother who accepts the fact that her daughter has killed herself.
- Who will be the owner of the trophy at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards?

Archived