Shim Eun Kyung 심은경

Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="h1_content_viewTitle" style="margin: 25px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; -webkit-print-color-adjust: exact; font-style: italic; font-size: 30px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); line-height: 37.5px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Film festival kicks off in BucheonThe Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (Pifan) began on July 17 in Bucheon City, Gyeonggi-do (Gyeonggi Province). 

A total of 210 films from 48 countries, including 87 short films, will be screened in this year’s annual film festival as it marks its 18th anniversary. The opening film was “Stereo” by German director Maximilian Erlenwein. 

The festival is known for its highlighting of horror, thriller, mystery, fantasy, low-budget and indie films. 

Shin Hyun-joon and Yoo In-na acted as emcees for the opening ceremony. Actor Hyun Bin and actress Son Ye-jin received this year’s Producers’ Choice Awards. 

Hyun said, “Thank you for giving me such a prestigious award. It is even more meaningful as this award is given by the producers. I hope to work with many good producers in the future. I will make an effort to meet the fans' expectations with ever better works.” 

“I am very delighted to receive this award as it is awarded by producers,” said Son Ye-jin after receiving her award. “I am so honored and I feel proud to be a Korean actress,” she added. 

Pifan Lady Shim Eun-Kyuong, acting as a PR ambassador for this year’s festival, received the Fantasia Award alongside actor Kim Woo-bin. Shim said, “I am so appreciative for having been selected as a recipient of the award and as a PR ambassador. I will remember the meaning of the award and make an effort to become a great actress who can strive across a variety of genres.” 
Pifan_Article_02.jpg
Kim Woo-bin (left) and Shim Eun-Kyuong pose for a photo during Pifan's opening ceremony on July 17 where they each received a Fantasia Award. (photos: Jeon Han)

The festival will last until July 27. 

The jurors for the “Puchon Choice: Feature” category are actress Jo Min-su, director Kim Sung Soo, Filipino actor Erik Mattie, the director of festivals and alternative theatrical distribution for Shoreline Entertainment Tom Davia and Argentinean film expert Diego Marambio Avaria. They will select winning films in six categories. 

The closing film will be “My Ordinary Love Story,” directed by Lee Kwon, a film which covers a wide range of social issues. 

By Jeon Han, Yoon Sojung
Korea.net Staff Writers 
hanjeon@korea.kr
Pifan_Article_05.jpg
Movie stars, including Shim Eun-Kyuong (second from left), Hyun Bin (third from left) and Son Ye-jin (fourth from left), give a big round of applause during the Pifan opening ceremony hosted by emcees Shin Hyun-joon and Yoo In-na on July 17. (photo: Jeon Han)

Celebrities Gather For ‘The 18th Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival’h1zdr8eel2rs5qw0hwp6jxxk8n3g7dme.jpg
[by Sunghee Park] On July 18, there was held ‘The 18th Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival’ at Puchon gymnasium, Kyungki-do. 
Meanwhile, many celebrities, including Shin Hyun Jun, Yoo In Na, Seo Yoori, Shim Eun Kyung, Do Hee, Son Ye Jin, Hyun Bin, Kim Woo Bin, Yeon Woo Jin and Kwon So Hyun, attended to celebrate the ceremony. (photo by bntnews DB)

July 22, 2014
Kang Dong Won expresses thanks to Shim Eun Kyung for choosing him as her most favorite actor
Source: STARN News 20140720204257_53cbab418fb8b_1.jpg
Kang Dong Won expressed thanks to Shim Eun Kyung for choosing him as the actor that she hopes to work with the most.

During a recent interview StarN News, actor Kang Dong Won expressed thanks to actress Shim Eun Kyung for choosing him as the actor that she hopes to work with the most.
Back in December, Shim Eun Kyung told that Kang Dong Won is the actor that she hopes to work with the most during press conference of movie 'Suspicious Lady.'
Regarding Lee Jin Wook, who casted in the film with her, she told that he is a charming guy, but not any close to her ideal type.
Shim Eun Kyung also told that she will host a party if she gets to work with Kang Dong Won.
Kang Dong Won told that he read it on a news article, and showed a shy smile.
Regarding Shim Eun Kyung, Kang Dong Won said, "She is a fabulous actress," and "I would always do a work with her if I ever get a chance."
Meanwhile, Kang Dong Won recently casted in a new film called 'KUNDO : The Age of Rampant.'
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

additional trans from media portals confirming Shim Eun Kyung. and I am officially in this drama!!!

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Shim Eun Kyung Confirmed as Lead of Drama ‘Nodame Cantabile’Shim Eun Kyung has been confirmed as the lead actress of the Korean version of the drama Nodame Cantabile (title undecided).

Group Eight, the production company, released an official statement on July 29 announcing Shim Eun Kyung’s cast in the drama. It has been reported that Shim Eun Kyung was the first actress to receive the casting offer for the role but had previously turned it down due to her movie schedules. 

Due to the popularity of the original comic series of the same name, there′s been much attention focused on the casting for the role of ‘Nodame,’ with unconfirmed rumors sparking yet more interest.

However, many netizens have insisted that it is hard to find an actress who is more suited for the role of ‘Nodame’ other than Shim Eun Kyung and with the actress’s movie schedules now postponed, she has decided to take on the role. 
71951003.jpg
Shim Eun Kyung said, “I enjoyed reading the original Nodame Cantabile comic book series and I’m personally a fan of Juri Ueno, who acted as ‘Nodame’ in the drama of the same name. I’ve always wanted to challenge myself in acting out a charming character like this, and I finally have the opportunity. I want to show you the most Nodame-like side of Shim Eun Kyung.”

Shim Eun Kyung will be acting as the quirky and genius pianist ‘Oh So Ri’ (Nodame) in the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile, acting opposite Joo Won, who will be acting as ‘Cha Yoo Jin.’

Photo credit: enews
Credit: Mwave Enewsworld | July 29 2014

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actress Shim Eun Kyung Confirmed for Lead Female Role in “Cantabile Romance”deedeegii July 28, 2014 SOOMPIshim-eun-kyung-800x450.jpg

Actress Shim Eun Kyung has officially been cast as the lead female role in the upcoming Korean remake of popular Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile,” titled “Cantabile Romance.”

According to TV Report on July 29, “Shim Eun Kyung has finally been confirmed to star in the Korean version of ‘Nodame Cantabile.’”

With Shim Eun Kyung’s outstanding acting abilities and cute appearance, she was chosen as the most desired actress for this particular role and received endless ‘love calls’ from producers.

Previously, the actress had turned down the casting offer due to a conflicting schedule with filming for the movie “Waiting for You.” However, it seems that she is now able to take on the role, as she recently made adjustments to her original schedule in order to accommodate “Nodame Cantabile.”

Earlier, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA had been in talks for the same role, but ultimately decided to take up another role in a Korean-Chinese movie “Zai Jian Ani,” as the lead female, Ani.

Shim Eun Kyung will be joining actor Joo WonTiny-G’s Dohee, and Bae Yoon Sik, who have all been confirmed to star in “Cantabile Romance,” which will begin airing this coming October.   

July 29, 2014
Yoona backs off, Shim Eun-kyung rolls in
Source: The Korea Herald
Actress Shim Eun-kyung won final confirmation as the heroine of KBS 2tv’s upcoming rom-com “Nodame Cantabile,” the broadcaster said on Tuesday. 
Her character, Nodame, is a talented yet eccentric student who majors in piano at college. She will co-star in the drama with actor Joo Won, a talented conductor-aspirant and the love of Nodame’s life. 
20140729001227_0.jpg
Actress Shim Eun-kyung. (OSEN)
After Shim reportedly rejected the offer at first, citing schedule conflicts, KBS cast Yoona of K-pop girl group Girls’ Generation to take over. But following massive criticism that Yoona did not fit for the tough-girl role, the idol singer gave up the role. 
Shim reportedly retook the role, saying she adjusted her schedule for her next film. 

July 30, 2014
Shim Eun-kyung to Star in Korean Version of 'Nodame Cantabile'
Source: The Chosun Ilbo
2014073000809_0.jpg
Actress Shim Eun-kyung will play the lead role in the Korean version of "Nodame Cantabile." 
The Japanese drama tells the story of a cheerful and exceptional classical music student.
Shim said she is a fan of Juri Ueno, who played the title character in the original series, and is thus very happy to take the Korean role.
The drama will air on KBS in October. 

Guest jessa-junmar123

class="content-title" style="text-align: left; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Shim Eun Kyung to Receive Piano Lessons While Preparing for “Nodame Cantible” Remake
The Real CZ July 29, 2014 

shim-eun-kyung-main--734x450.png

Shim Eun Kyung is receiving a lot of attention after being cast as the heroine of the Korean remake of “Nodame Cantibile,”and her agency stated “She will start piano lessons tomorrow.”

A representative from Shim Eun Kyung’s agency stated “After confirming her appearance in the Korean version of “Nodame Cantibile” today, Shim Eun Kyung will begin instrument lessons in earnest and will focus on preparing for filming.”

The representative continued by saying “As “Nodame Cantibile” was immensely popular in Korea as well, people will no doubt compare Shim Eun Kyung to Ueno Juri, but Shim Eun Kyung will put her own spin on the character.”

After confirming her appearance in the drama, Shim Eun Kyung stated through the production company “I had fun reading the manga, and I am a fan of Ueno Juri, who played Nodame in the drama version. I had the desire to attempt a charming character like Nodame, and the opportunity finally came. I will show you a new Nodame-esque side of me.”

Shim Eun Kyung will play the role of Oh So Ri, a strange but genius pianist with 4-D charms, and she will be matching up with Joo Won, who will play the role of Cha Yoo Jin.

“Nodame Cantibile” is a classical music themed manga authored by Ninomiya Tomoko, and it was made into a drama in 2006 for Fuji TV, becoming a huge hit. Other cast members in the Korean version include Baek Yoon Shik and Tiny-G’Do Hee appearing. The drama will air on KBS2 this October.

July 30, 2014
Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung Encounter Each Other Prior to Filming ‘Nodame Cantabile’
Newsen Ha Soo Jung  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung encountered and greeted each other at a private gathering. 
As the leads of KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama Nodame Cantabile (tentative), Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung met each other prior to their first drama script reading. 
On July 29, Joo Won attended the VIP preview for the film Pirates in order to show support for Yoo Hae Jin, while Shim Eun Kyung also watched the movie at the event. 
Joo Won and Shim Eun Kyung then attended the after party for Pirates VIP preview at a bar in Apgujeong-dong.
72156002.jpg

An affiliate of Joo Won’s agency told Newsen on July 30, “The two met at the event after party. It seemed like they greeted each other lightly. Since there hasn’t been a script reading or a cast gathering yet, it was the first time they met since they have been confirmed for the drama. The filming is expected to start after August since it is set to air in October.”
Photo credit: Newsen

• 2 weeks later...

Song Kang Ho & Sim Eun Kyung to receive 'Best Actor & Actress' during 'Director's CUT Awards'20140806235959_53e242ee85099_1.jpg
Song Kang Ho and Sim Eun Kyung will receive 'Best Actor' and 'Best Actress' during 'Director's CUT Awards.'

On August 15th, 'Director's CUT Awards,' sponsored by Directors Guild of Korea, will be held as a part of Jechon International Music Film Awards.

During 'Director's CUT Awards,' awards will be distributed under eight different categories, 'Best Director of the Year,' 'Best Actor/Actress,' 'Best New Director,' 'Best New Actor/Actress,' 'Best Producer,' and 'Best Independent Film Director.'

The winners of ''Director's CUT Awards 2014' were chosen by online votes.

'Best Director of the Year' will be awarded to director Bong Jun Ho, 'Best New Director' will be awarded to director Yang Woo Seok, 'Best Actor' will be awarded to Song Kang Ho, 'Best Actress' will be awarded to Sim Eun Kyung, 'Best New Actor' will be awarded to Yeo Jin Gu, 'Best New Actress' will be awarded to Chun Woo Hee, 'Best Producer of the Year' will be awarded to CEO Choi Jae Won of Withers Film, and 'Best Independent Film Director' will be awarded to director Lee Soo Jin.

'Director's CUT Awards' first began back in 1998, and a great number of prominent film directors, actors, and actresses, including Bong Jun Ho, Huh Jin Ho, Lee Chang Dong, Park Chan Wook, Hong Sang Soo, Kim Ji Woon, Ryu Seung Wan, Han Seok Gyu, Sim Eun Ha, Song Kang Ho, Choi Min Shik, Jeon Do Yeon, and Ha Jung Woo received awards during the awards.

Meanwhile, this year's 'Director's CUT Awards' will be held on August 15th at Garden Terrace of Lake Hotel.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com StarNNEws | August  8 2014

raemma68 said: Hi all! I think I have become Shim Eun Kyung new fan. I just watched her movie Miss Granny and I loved it. Her acting is totally superb. I hope to see her in a drama.  :x

131 Edition HIGHCUT has released Korean Actors/Actresses with Box Office Draw ranking for the past 10 years.tumblr_na8d11tw9C1t86kg0o1_250.jpgtumblr_na8d11tw9C1t86kg0o2_250.jpg
1. Song Kang-ho 64,449,651 2. Sol Kyung Gu 45,529,877 3. Ryu Seung Ryong 45,257,049 4. Oh Dal Su 44,196,146 5. Kim Yun Seok 39,220,820 6. Ha Jung Woo 38,837,912 7. Jeong Jae Yong 37,418,233 8. Kim Hye Soo 34,740,998 9. Park Hae Il 33,549,037 10. Lee Jung Jae 33,485,947 11. Lee Byung Hun 31,652,356 12. Hwang Jung Min 30,508726 13. Uhm Jung Hwa 28,098,937 14. Kim Soo Mi 28,066,484 15. Ryu Seung Bum 27,726,728 16. Baek Yoon Shik 26,530,245 17. Ha Ji Won 26,420,065 18. Jeon Ji Hyun 24,035,607 19. Won Bin 23,522,01 

TOP 5 in their 20s Han Hyo Joo, Kim Soo Hyun, Park Bo Young, Shim Eun Kyeong, Lee Jong SukTOP 5 in their 30s Ha Jung Woo, Park Hae Il, Ryu Seung Bum, Ha Ji Won, Jeon Ji HyunTOP 5 in their 40s Song Kang Ho, Sol Kyung Gu, Ryu Seung Ryong, Oh Dal Su, Kim Yun Seok TOP 5 in their 50s Baek Yoon Shik, Choi Min Sik, Han Suk Kyu, Kim Hae Sook
credit LadyKate1023 | Cr: Baidu HJW (Posted by Jrschang)

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Je Hoon and Shim Eun Kyung Win Awards at Jecheon International Music and Film Festivalddangha August 17, 2014 | SOOMPIshim-eun-kyung-lee-je-hoon.png

Rising young actors Lee Je Hoon and Shim Eung Kyung took home awards at the 10th Jecheon International Music and Film Festival.

The two actors won the “Music Film Actor” award, as voted by the audience. Lee Je Hoon won the award for his role in the movie “My Paparotti,” while Shim Eun Kyung received the award for her work in the film “Miss Granny.” They received the physical award at the opening ceremony of the festival held on August 14. 

Both actors currently have big projects lined up, as Lee Je Hoon is in the process of shooting his upcoming historical drama “Secret Door,” while Shim Eun Kyung has been cast as the female lead of the Korean remake of the popular Japanese drama “Nodame Cantabile.” 

Archived