Guest adikkeluangman

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 26, 2014
'Miss Granny' wins prize in Japan
By Jin Eun-soo, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily26201904.jpg
Na Mun-hee and Shim Eun-kyung
The Korean comedy “Miss Granny” won one of the top awards at the sixth Okinawa Film Festival, according to local reports yesterday.
The hit film, which was directed by Hwang Dong-hyuk and starred Na Mun-hee and Shim Eun-kyung, won the “Peace” category award, which comes with a 1 million yen, or $9,775, prize. 
Under the theme of “Laugh and Peace,” the international festival took place in Okinawa, Japan, from March 20 to 24. The top prize, the jury’s special mention award, went to Hiroshi Shinagawa’s “One Third,” and the winner of the “Laugh” category was “Ultrafast! Sankinkotai,” directed by Katsuhide Motoki.
Hwang spoke at the festival when he picked up the award. “‘Miss Granny’ is an extremely Korean-oriented movie and I am very surprised and grateful that a lot of Japanese still enjoyed it,” he said.

March 27, 2014 
Okinawa Awards MISS GRANNY Top PrizeFamily Hit Triumphs in Peace Category by Pierce Conran KOFIC EGqxkLQbVGAFqXFpeEco.jpg
HWANG Dong-hyuk’s family hit Miss Granny, which is still playing in theaters in Korea, has earned one of the top prizes at the Okinawa International Movie Festival, which wrapped on Monday, March 24th. The film was awarded the Grand Prize in the festival’s Peace Category. MOTOKI Katsuhide’s Ultrafast! Sankinkotai picked up the Grand Prize in Okinawa’s Laugh Category. Each film received JPY 1 million (USD 9,783) Miss Granny features NA Moon-hee as a cantankerous grandmother who suddenly transforms into her 20-year-old self, played by SHIM Eun-kyung. Director HWANG, who previously made the hit Silenced in 2011, attended the event along with SHIM. The CJ Entertainment film debuted over the Lunar New Year in January, beating out other holiday fare such as Hot Young Bloods, Man in Love and The Huntresses, and has to date accumulated over 8.62 million admissions. This year’s 6th edition of the Okinawa International Movie Festival, which kicked off on Thursday, March 20th, also featured the Korean film Mr. Go, from director KIM Yong-hwa.

Guest azfar0112

edensor said: Here is the vid

This song is the song she sang on Running Man LOLAnd I keep listening (almost real) Kwang Soo's singing screaming voice in between LOL

Guest ca3soc

Jo Jung Suk and Shim Eun Kyung Hi-Mart homepage2014032421482626e.jpg
2014032421544567c.jpg
[spo=center]20140324220053270.jpg
20140324220056833.jpg
201403242200577a3.jpg
20140324220055ce7.jpg
20140324215446360.jpg
[/spo]soucre :marcy513cre :http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/377912/jo-jung-suk-%EC%A1%B0%EC%A0%95%EC%84%9D-1st-post-undergoing-extreme-makeover/p141

Guest ca3soc

and more pic,Shim anh JJS 're so cute .
soucre :http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/377912/jo-jung-suk-%EC%A1%B0%EC%A0%95%EC%84%9D-1st-post-undergoing-extreme-makeover/p1441028740393_3bba9e12_zpsa63eb6f9.jpg
1028740393_68de8341.jpg1028740393_319be37f.jpg
1028740393_f88767b5_zpsb9e67344.jpg

have a nice day , everyone :)

April 1, 2014
Allure Korea Holds Green Campaign with Stars to Save Endangered Animals
Source: BNTNewsytiwilyop7b1tk0cl989o7uol35wlsu0.jpg
[by Cho Suyoun] Eight celebrities belonged to BH Entertainment participated in Green Allure’s Special Pictorial Project. 
Eight stars put on clothes donated by Korea’s leading designers and eco-friendly shoes from Victoria Shoes. The stars participated in Allure’s <Green Allure> project and discussed what human beings need to do to save endangered animals and dying nature.
During the talk, Han Ji Min spoke of the importance of conserving energy. “When we charge electronic stuffs like smart phones, we unconsciously plug them to electrical outlets even after they are fully charged. Everything is consumed more than they need to be.”
Lee Won Keun also made his opinion by saying, “We can’t force people not to wear leather or fur, but I believe that their values and acts will be changed once they have interests in these issues.”
The clothes and shoes they wore will be sold at Green Campaign held at Namsan N Tower on April 28, and the profits will be spent to save endangered species.
The Green Allure photos are available in April issue of fashion magazine Allure and the Green Campaign will be hosted at N Seoul Tower on April 28. (photo by Allure)
HAN JI MIN, BAE SOO BIN, & OTHER BH ENTERTAINMENT ARTISTS GO GREEN FOR ALLURE KOREA’S APRIL 2014 ISSUEhttp://couch-kimchi.com/2014/04/01/han-ji-min-bae-soo-bin-other-bh-entertainment-artists-go-green-for-allure-koreas-april-2014-issue/

Every year, Allure Korea does its part for mother nature by converting its April pages into a green issue, recruiting artists to promote environmental awareness.
For this month’s edition, BH Entertainment artists such as Han Ji Min, Bae Soo Bin, Shim Eun Kyung, Lee Won Geun, and Kim Hyung Kyu have taken part in a pictorial that puts the spotlight on a campaign to save the animals.
Proceeds raised from the campaign will be used to help endangered species.
000000.jpg
Source  |  TV Daily

April 8, 2014
Shim Eun Kyung, 'Hello, Everyone!'
Source: BNTNews
foo61h303bm1ignd61yk5q7briauxh64.jpg
[by Sunghee Park] On April 7, new film ‘Han Gong Ju’ held its VIP Premiere at Wangsimni CGV, Seoul.
‘Han Gong Ju’ tells the story about a traumatized teen sexual assault victim, who is forced to change school and leave her family. 
Meanwhile, the movie is set to hit theater on April 17. (photo by bntnews DB)
51etqmy6hm71oizj3qxdgyndsg18dcp8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

April 19, 2014
5 Days Since Ferry Disaster: Celebrities Are Crying Too
By Staff Writer | KDramaStars.com
ferry.png
All of Korea is crying at the ferry disaster. As people are praying for the missing to come back home safely, the many actors and actresses in Korea also mourning and praying for the missing and the people who died from the disaster. 
Actress Shim Eun Kyung shared her mourning on social media. On April 17, 2014, Shim Eun Kyung posted on her Twitter, "I am sorry. The only thing I can do is praying." She said, "I feel so hurt that I can't do anything. How scared and painful it must have been for the young friends. I am sincerely sorry for the families of the involved." In addition to actress Shim Eun Kyung, many actors, actresses, and singers expressed their condolences. In related news, actor Song Seung Hun, baseball player Ryoo Hyun Jin, and actor On Joo Wan contributed for the rescue teams and the families of the involved.

• 2 weeks later...

April 28, 2014
Nominees announced for Baeksang Arts Awards by javabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/nominees-announced-for-baeksang-arts-awards/
The nominees for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards, whose ceremony will be held on May 27.

50_baeksang_actress.jpg

FILM CATEGORY
Best Picture Nominees
The Snowpiercer (dir. Bong Joon-ho)The Terror Live (dir. Kim Byung-woo)Hope (dir. Lee Jun-ik)The Attorney (dir. Yang Woo-seok)The Face Reader (dir. Han Jae-rim)
Director Award Nominees
Kim Byung-woo (The Terror Live)Hong Sang-soo (Our Sunhi)Jo Eui-seok (Cold Eyes)Bong Joon-ho (The Snowpiercer)Kim Byung-seo (Cold Eyes)Lee Jun-ik (Hope)
Actor Top Excellence Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Sohn Hyun-joo (Hide and Seek)
Actress Top Excellence Award Nominees
Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Kim Hee-ae (Elegant Lie)Eom Ji-won (Hope)Moon Jung-hee (Hide and Seek)
Supporting Actor Award Nominees
Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Eui-sung (The Face Reader)Jo Sung-ha (The Suspect)Lee Kyung-young (Venus Talk)Kwak Do-won (The Attorney)
Supporting Actress Award Nominees
Yeh Ji-won (Our Sunhi)Kim Young-ae (The Attorney)Jin Kyung (Cold Eyes)Ra Mi-ran (Hope)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)
New Actor Award Nominees
Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)
New Actress Award Nominees
Park Ji-soo (Mai Ratima)Lee Jae-hye (The Russian Novel)Seo Joo-ah (Pluto)Kim Hyang-gi (Elegant Lie)Lee Re (Hope)
New Director Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (Roller Coaster)Eom Tae-hwa (INGtoogi: The Battle of Surpluses)Heo Jung (Hide and Seek)Lee Jong-pil (Born To Sing)Yang Woo-seok (The Attorney)
Screenplay Award Nominees
Hide and Seek, Heo JungMiss Granny, Shin Dong-ikThe Terror Live, Kim Byung-wooThe Attorney, Yang Woo-seokHope, Kim Ji-hye
Actor Popularity Award
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Gong Yoo (The Suspect)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Yoo Ah-in (Kkangchulie)Sung Joon (Pluto)Jin Young (Miss Granny)Seo In-gook (No Breathing)Jo Jung-seok (The Face Reader)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)Jung Kyung-ho (Roller Coaster)Kim Sung-kyun (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Hyun-woo (Covertly, Grandly)Go Soo (Way Back Home)Lee Jong-seok (Hot Blooded Youth)Lee Min-ki (Monster)Ok Taecyeon (Marriage Blue)Hwang Jung-min (When a Man Loves)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Choi Seung-hyun (TOP) (Commitment)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Joo-won (Catch Me)Kim Yoon-seok (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)
Actress Popularity Award
Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Park Bo-young (Hot Blooded Youth)Kim Ah-joong (Catch Me)Kwon Yuri (No Breathing)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Uhm Jung-hwa (Venus Talk)Sohn Ye-jin (Accomplice)Kim Hye-soo (The Face Reader)Kim Go-eun (Monster)Gong Hyo-jin (Boomerang Family)Han Hyo-joo (Cold Eyes)Lee Yeon-hee (Marriage Blue)
Via Baeksang

April 29. 2014
Shim Eun Kyung Considers Joining Joo Won in Korean Version of ‘Nodame Cantabile’
Newsen Park Ah Reum  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

After receiving an offer, Shim Eun Kyung is currently considering a role in the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile. 
Shim Eun Kyung’s agency talked with Newsen on April 29 saying, “Shim Eun Kyung did receive an offer for the female lead of the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile, but nothing has been decided.” 
64807002.jpg

After a successful run of 8.6 million views for the movie Miss Granny, Shin Eun Kyung will be returning to the small screen after four years since SBS’ Bad Man in 2010 if she take the role. 
However, Shim Eun Kyung’s agency said, “We haven’t received the script yet, so there’s not much we can say.” 
Based on a manga, Nodame Cantabile was created into a successful drama and movie, starring Ueno Juri and Tamaki Hiroshi, who are also very popular in Korea. 
The Korean version of Nodame Cantabile has already confirmed Joo Won as the male lead. He will play the prickly genius musician. 
Meanwhile, the Korean version of Nodame Cantabile is scheduled to air in October following Big Man, Lovers of Trot, and Discovery of Romance. 
Photo Credit: Newsen

April 29, 2014
Nodame Cantabile is a go: Joo-won in, Shim Eun-kyung a maybe by javabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/nodame-cantabile-is-a-go-joo-won-in-shim-eun-kyung-a-maybe/

Ahhh, it’s happening! Joo-won (Good Doctor, Gaksital) will be playing the lead character in the Korean remake of Nodame Cantabile, which had been previously suggested but only now confirmed. Wheeee!
The female lead is not yet cast and will be absolutely crucial to making an adaptation work, but the name being offered as a contender at the moment is Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny, Sunny). That’s great news, since she would make a fantastic Nodame character. She isn’t decided yet, but has received the offer and is considering it.
Now, to voice concerns: I’m not sure about this pairing. I will think positively and hope for the best because I do love both of them individually, but right now I’m having a hard time picturing them in the Chiaki-Nodame relationship, mostly because she seems rather young. Granted they’re only seven years apart (he’s 26, she’s 19) but we’ve been watching her since she was a wee child in dramaland and she still has that little-sister-next-door vibe; she hasn’t branched out into romantic lead territory so I don’t see her as that yet. Maybe now’s as good a time as any?
But to look on the positive side, I suppose the drama can write around the real-life differences, because acting- and image-wise, Shim Eun-kyung would make a perfect Nodame. IU was the first name floated for the role (though denials were issued quickly) and I could see her working as well, but Nodame is a truly oddball character who goes beyond quirky-cute, and Shim Eun-kyung would absolutely go after her weirdness with gusto without trying to be pretty about it. It’s part of her genius—and Shim is certainly one of those rare natural acting talents, who also has a gift for comedy. I can totally see her playing the gifted pianist who can play something after hearing it once but can barely wash or feed herself.
I’m not sure how Joo-won will fare with comedy since we’ve mostly seen him being dramatic (and no, Level 7 Civil Servant doesn’t count for anything, anywhere, ever), but Chiaki is the straight man of the show who’s surrounded by eccentrics and goofballs, so he only needs to react to their quirks. I don’t know if he’s got any ability at playing (or faking) the piano (not that that ever stopped a drama), but we do know that Joo-won has a musical background, which should surely come in handy. I don’t know how seriously the drama will take its musical moments, but I do hope it finds a way to showcase them; that was one of my favorite aspects of the Japanese show, which let the classical pieces breathe and shine and be an active voice in the show. (I would almost rather the Korean version didn’t get made if it weren’t going to respect that, which is one of my fears.)
The Korean version of Nodame Cantabile is being planned for an October broadcast on KBS. (The order of dramas in that slot goes: Big Man, then Trot Lovers, then Discovery of Romance, then Nodame Cantabile.)
Now, to do some massive praying to the drama gods that they don’t screw this one up.
Via TV Report, Newsen
29690683.jpg

May 2, 2014
SHIM Eun-kyoung of MISS GRANNYSuspicious Girl Becomes a Glamorous Actress
by KIM Jong-chul KOFIC
ejZUKvQjNoCmOjMhiahc.jpg

These days, few actresses receive as much attention as SHIM Eunkyoung. Though she only just turned 21, she has already accumulated an impressive filmography, having spent nearly half her life performing on screen. They say that you can become an expert if you spend ten years practicing any discipline. Now in the tenth year of her career, SHIM has become a shining star, following the success of the family comedy Miss Granny. She earned a great deal of recognition for her leading role in the comedy, which attracted over 8.6 million viewers. However, moremeaningful for her than those numbers has been the warm praise she has received both from audiences and critics.
Miss Granny introduces a stubborn and willful senior citizen who suddenly turns back into her 20-year-old self after she visits a photo studio to have her picture taken. SHIM plays this granny trapped in the body of ‘the suspicious girl’ (the Korean title for the film) called OH Doo-ri (referencing Audrey Hepburn). In the film, the young actress successfully imitates the mannerisms of NA Moon-hee, who plays the same character in her older years. Due to her youthful features, it almost looks as though SHIM is possessed by an elderly spirit, rather than ‘acting’ as a character. She puts on a thick dialect and her anachronistic,movements incite laughter, while her eyes express her deep love for family and have brought viewers to tears. SHIM has proved through her acting that she’s not just a onehit wonder as she already showed promise as an actress before Miss Granny . As a child, she gained acting experience in TV shows and slowly endeared herself to viewers. In her early years, she took on several roles where she played a sweet tomboy and her comic and dramatic acting was already something that viewers remembered. bJrpwUBHseXwwmGGhMXH.jpg

SHIM’s personas can be divided into three categories. Her comedic and easy-going characters, such as those she portrayed in Sunny (2011) and Miss Granny, her darker characters from Hansel and Gretel (2007) and Possessed (2009), and finally her characters with boyish charm such as in the TV show Bad Guy (2010). Building her acting career step by step, she was finally recognized as a rising actress in Korean cinema following her part in YIM Pil-sung’s fantasy horror Hansel and Gretel . The film tapped into her natural talent as an actress. She revealed her mysterious charm, playing the sexually abused Younghee, switching between the personas of a little girl and a mature woman. To everybody’s surprise, she was only 14-yearsold at the time.
SHIM played the possessed girl in Possessed , which shone a light on her darker persona. These films were not very successful at the box office, but her acting enriched as a result of taking on these characters. This charming actress was disappointed by the films’ results but her next chance came sooner than she expected. NEVxFtXWwZhaaCzDSvpR.jpg

KANG Hyoung-chul’s Sunny is a retro comedy that takes place in the 1980s, full of verve and teenage spirit. It became a big domestic hit, attracting more than seven million viewers. SHIM’s acting in the film left a deep impression on viewers. The peak of her heretofore unknown comic abilities came when she parodied her own role from Possessed , an idea she suggested. She was smart enough to make fun of her own character from the past, and after the film’s box office success, she dropped everything and went to America to study for two years. It was not an easy decision to make for an actress whose work had finally became successful. She posted her whereabouts on Twitter from time to time, and while she was still at school, her next move was determined. It was to be the LEE Byung-hun period drama Masquerade (2012). SHIM transformed into a character named Sa-wol, a respectful and loyal maid determined to protect the king in return for his affections. Although it was a supporting role, it became an important part towards the end of the film. Masquerade became the second biggest box office hit of that year.
The accumulated number of viewers for her three films (Sunny, Masquerade and Miss Granny) since Possessed has exceeded 20 million. In Sunny and Miss Granny, her presence was especially important and in terms of box office performance, they are her two major works to date. However, SHIM has a lot more potential and talent to offer. There is no question that she needs to apply herself to continue to develop her talents, but she has a surprisingly big appetite for acting compared to her peers. Whenever she is interviewed, she often says that she is grateful for all the attention despite her poor acting, but this remark is not mere modesty. The truth is that she examines her own acting much more carefully and objectively than viewers do. This statement comes from her serious examination and from her ambition to become an even better actress.
Ever since she started her acting career, she has dreamt of becoming a film director. She repeatedly confesses this dream of hers and it remains an ongoing desire. In her next project, she says she wants to play a serious character rather than another comedic one. For her next film, she takes on the voice of the main character in Seoul Station, the new animation by YEON Sangho (The King of Pigs [2011], The Fake). She looks forward to a variety of roles in her acting career, and of course we are all curious to see where she will go in the next ten years. ZDGoiXDvUEoRALnGWROB.jpg
 By KIM Jong-chul(Film Critic)

Guest stilldaydreaming

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. To be honest, i've never watched any of her works. I just knew her through articles about Nodame Cantabile Korean remake. After that I googled her and found out several of her pics that made me think, "Hey this girl seems okay. She looks cute and i think suit for Nodame role". So i hope she will take the role in Korean version of Nodame Cantabile. Fighting! ^^

*you see i even use her pic as my avatar. that pic of her does look similar to nodame tho XD*

ca3soc

said:

Thanks Rubie a lot :)have you got news about her next film? Ihave n't yet found anything confirm or not in next her film  .This a news in today .So sorry,just a Korean news about her debut MBC Dae Jang Geum 2 drama and "Nodame Cantabile' korean Version ??

but I can't understand what mean .

link :http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=688836&year=2014

Archived