[Drama 2011] Manny 매니

Guest poly0410

Guest Heart.And.Soul

The ending of this episode was literally the CUTEST thing I have ever seen. I was smiling the whole time. Tomorrow is gonna be great, though it's hard to top that moment!wub.gif

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pumpkinattack

I must say... the end of today's episode was so romantic, I almost exploded. It was just so darn romantic!

To be honest, though, I haven't been watching the whole drama. How do you all feel about the build up? Does it seem realistic? Did they actually fall in love? Or do we have another Oh My Lady on our hands?

Guest sorcy79au

Guys as u all know ... in today's episode ..Manny confessed to ahjumma that he loves her .. and gave her a ring ... it was one of the sweetest gestures any K-drama hero has EVER shown .... I couldnt help but share it .... plz dont hotlink .. here's the direct download link to Manny's confession to Ahjumma ! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7_cldxX1U

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ADSWGNGU 

http://www.mediafire...i4h6awdm98mjpei

this is the translation of the convversation : Ahjumma : “Kim I-Han sshi ”

Manny : “Im sorry for all the pain you had to go through until now...To be honest ..  me too .. Ahjumma .. OH what the heck .. this really isn’t my style ” (Like he doesn’t do cheesy dialogues)

Ahjumma : *Smiles*

Manny : “Its gonna be an uphill ride from now on… Ahjumma … u ready to take on it/ DO u have the guts to face the difficulties ? ”

Ahjumma : *NODS*

Manny : *Hugs her so dat her ear is right above where his heart is* “Ahjumma , do u hear that ? My heartbeats ? Its racing cuz of u … Are you getting what I’m trying to say ?”

Ahjumma : “I hear you. I hear you very well ”

Wow! How absolutely SWEET!

I am a bit worried though...still 5 episodes left, there HAS to be some sort of conflict coming up. I mean I'd LOVE for them to play happy families til the end of the drama but I doubt that's going to happen.

Thanks for the raw SEMI! You're as reliable as always :-D

I haven't watched the full ep yet, was Janice in it? As annoying as ever? <_<

Guest angel91

Ok I tried to keep up with this drama, but its soo predictable its almost boring. I would have kept with it if it were janice and manny, and i didn't drop this for that reason only though. The other reason is also that ahjumma's character is sooooo very whiny and so childish I couldn't stand it. I've seen 11 year olds that are more mature than her. She's gotten married have two kids, and has a job. You'd think that someone who went through so many hoops in life would grow up a bit and act a little more mature.

I mean ok fine, you can say that she's childish because she's innocent but I can tell you one thing, that is so very unrealistic. In real life someone who has had a child, gone through divorce and has two children to take care of, would grow up and forget the whole innocent act.

I really feel that manny is really taking care of THREE kids instead of two. I really dislike her character. Choi Jung Yoon as an actress, who plays the ahjumma, I have nothing against. She's just doing her job as an actress and acting. But its the ahjumma as a character I very much dislike.

Many of you will now say "If you don't like the drama, then why are you posting here?" or "You really don't need to say such negative things."

I think I will have to say that I have the right to speak my opinion, and there actually may be others who share my opinion as well.

I'm sorry but I think this drama as a whole is truly unrealistic in terms to reality. The characters especially.

Guest mhugh

The ending scene was very sweet, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. Isn't cable TV supposed to be better in terms of quality? In this critical romantic scene, I would think that the director shouldn't let the background music be louder than the actual conversation. You had to strain to hear what they were saying. For example, right after Manny says, "My heart is beating because of you," he also says, "Without you, =====. You understand what I'm trying to say, right?"

Well, I would if I could hear it over the blasted rock concert! It's like listening to a lengthy joke but not able to hear the punch line.

From what I could make out, I thought he said, "Without you, it would be very difficult," or "Without you, my heart would languish."

My point is why do I even have to guess to understand what should be obvious and enjoyable.

The ending scene was very sweet, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. Isn't cable TV supposed to be better in terms of quality? In this critical romantic scene, I would think that the director shouldn't let the background music be louder than the actual conversation. You had to strain to hear what they were saying. For example, right after Manny says, "My heart is beating because of you," he also says, "Without you, =====. You understand what I'm trying to say, right?"

Well, I would if I could hear it over the blasted rock concert! It's like listening to a lengthy joke but not able to hear the punch line.

From what I could make out, I thought he said, "Without you, it would be very difficult," or "Without you, my heart would languish."

My point is why do I even have to guess to understand what should be obvious and enjoyable.

I agree with you that the cable dramas, or of the ones I've seen have a much higher quality than the mainstream broadcasting productions.  Unfortunately, this drama, which I had eagerly awaited, haven't meet my expectations.  Not only is the directing, editing, sound effects and wardrobe been slipshod, the writing of this drama is totally without substance, for many episodes now.  It's like the writer had the idea to do a show on a 'manny'.  And, no clue as to what to do with that one idea.  :wacko:

With a title of, "Manny", one would expect it to focus on child-rearing and family issues between adult and children.  The first few episodes showed great promise and was innovative with the Manny, child, parent, home issues.  Then, suddenly, the drama was focused on 'Janice', her modeling squad and their antics.  (I don't care who ends up bedding which model.)  That shouldn't be the focus of a drama titled, "Manny".  They should have renamed the drama, Janice. :crazy:

Or, for that matter, why bother having a story line of Janice having a one-sided love for Manny.  it doesn't fit in with the theme of the drama, which should be about Manny and kids.

Someone said that Manny was taking care of not 2 kids, but 3.  I'd say that Manny was taking care of that entire household plus the one next door.   :rolleyes:    Hope he is well-paid for the extra people he has to take care of.  hee, hee.

Honestly, I don't see the attraction in the kids' mother.  She's rather insipid and acts too much like a bimbo.  It's really bad characterization by the writer.  -_-   And, why would two people, the mom and "Surprise!", who are in the design and the clothing business, make such a stupid mistake with that red dress.  They could have found a better reason or venue to show her off all dolled up.  The ball park was not it.

Perhaps, the remaining episodes will miraculously redeem my faith in the cable dramas.  :)

I agree with you that the cable dramas, or of the ones I've seen have a much higher quality than the mainstream broadcasting productions. Unfortunately, this drama, which I had eagerly awaited, haven't meet my expectations. Not only is the directing, editing, sound effects and wardrobe been slipshod, the writing of this drama is totally without substance, for many episodes now. It's like the writer had the idea to do a show on a 'manny'. And, no clue as to what to do with that one idea. :wacko:

Agree too that this drama could have delivered way more in substance. It had potential and promise, but instead chose to deviate into the mostly childish, petulant and whiny.

Janice is a major irritant with her reactions, her style, her mannerisms and her ridiculous hairdos and clothes. Whoever the stylist in this show is ... fail.

One sister is frumpy and unbelievably childish in her dressing despite being a fashion designer, the other is hardly convincing either as a hard-headed, groomed stylish director-businesswoman of a top modelling agency should be.

Rather Janice comes across more like an immature bad performer trying out for circus-auditions with all her ridiculous outfits, head gear and hair additions.

Ajumma with all her whining in that voice ... God help us if real mothers were actually made this way.

Sorry to add that I was also another who did NOT find today's ep 11 end too romantic.

First off, I still had to be convinced of the chemistry, which I found generally awkward. All that cheesy unravelling of the red ball of wool ... kind of just made me cringe.

Believe me ... and I so WANTED to be convinced and totally sold on this romance.

The scene just came across as awkwardly written, and even more awkwardly handled.

Manny's reactions to ajumma's confession were even stranger. I mean ... in that romantic cherry-blossom scene, for someone who loved her ... he left ajumma's confession hanging there ... WITHOUT so much as an involuntary, impulsive hug as response .... and then they both went back to their seperate rooms to mull and mope, with no contact at all?

So NOT normal, for someone who supposedly likes the ajjumma. You'd expect at least some natural instinct would take over - like a hug.

With a title of, "Manny", one would expect it to focus on child-rearing and family issues between adult and children. The first few episodes showed great promise and was innovative with the Manny, child, parent, home issues. Then, suddenly, the drama was focused on 'Janice', her modeling squad and their antics. (I don't care who ends up bedding which model.) That shouldn't be the focus of a drama titled, "Manny". They should have renamed the drama, Janice. :crazy:

NO! No way please .... everytime Janice appears, it's slapstick. 2x FF.

There's so much more that can be explored with the Manny angle, agree.

Or, for that matter, why bother having a story line of Janice having a one-sided love for Manny. it doesn't fit in with the theme of the drama, which should be about Manny and kids.

Janice the character is quite unbelievable, to me. State-of-the art decisive modelling director? Try much harder. Janice comes across so desperately pathetic half the time - be it her desperado expectations of emotional reciprocity, or her fashion sense (definitely not state of the art edgy ... just bad taste Halloween- costumey).

And it's so idiotic that Janice dumps her immature one-sided delusions on Manny, and then EXPECTS him to respond - I mean, why should Manny even have to get out? He was just minding his own (emotional) business.

Honestly, I don't see the attraction in the kids' mother. She's rather insipid and acts too much like a bimbo. It's really bad characterization by the writer. -_- And, why would two people, the mom and "Surprise!", who are in the design and the clothing business, make such a stupid mistake with that red dress. They could have found a better reason or venue to show her off all dolled up. The ball park was not it.

The plastered screaming red lipstick turned me off.

And the bimbo part, totally YES ... and the constant whining, esp when intonated in that voice. Eeek.

Try harder script - to portray one sister as sophisticated, edgy and hard-headed .... and the other as mature, soft and lovingly-thoughtful.

All I am seeing is an emotionally-retarded fashion-disaster psycho in one sister, and a whiny and helpless childish klutz in the other who needs a lot of looking after. BOTH high maintenance.

I really DO want to feel more chemistry between Manny and ajumma - pls try much harder to convince me soon, like hopefully in tomorrow's ep 12 please!

Guest nauna

I just dropped by this thread to see if I should pick this one up again. I had to quit watching because I couldn't stand the mother character anymore,(whining is annoying enough when done by a 5 year old, but when done by a grown woman?   crazy.gif), couldn't buy into the romance between manny and the mother,(romance? what romance? dry.gif) and Janice quit being fun after episode 3 or so, (don't even get me started on her one-sided crush on Manny tongue2.gif).

Judging by the comments here, I haven't missed anything. Bummer, because I thought it started out kind of promising. I have to agree with Auntie Mame when she said this writer had an idea, not a story. 

Guest RSmith021985

I really want Manny+Janice not the mother. :( Janice really made the series enjoyable to watch, and I agree the mom needs to grow up.

OMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my heart is beating up like kim lee han when he hug her!

w00t.gifw00t.gif

i like this drama so much, coz i want to see JANICE- JUNKI couple, AHJUMMA - KIM LEE HAN couple, Jungmin and his girl and shinbi and the ball guy (sorry, i dont know his name)

i hope no tears in this drama, and i cant think how janice heart when she see her dongsaeng being a couple with someone she love ,,,, :tears: ,,, cant wait to watch ep 11 with an english sub ,,, and cant wait for ep12,,,, so much chemistry in the next ep! :wub:

Guest sorcy79au

Yes DY does get very annoying and she does seem to be extremely immature. Her nasal wining makes me go -> :crazy:

So I just watch for LH cause he's not classically handsome but gosh he draws me in! His mouth kind of throws me off a bit but them I catch myself staring at it... ^_^ and he can go out jogging all the time if we get to gawk at his gorgeous legs! :w00t:

Janice and her immaturity also drives me insane...what is it with that family? I'd say little Jungmin is the most sane and he has Daddy issues! :wacko:

Anyhoo, can't wait for the next raw. C'MON EPISODE 12!!

Honestly, I don't see the attraction in the kids' mother.  She's rather insipid and acts too much like a bimbo.  It's really bad characterization by the writer.  -_-   And, why would two people, the mom and "Surprise!", who are in the design and the clothing business, make such a stupid mistake with that red dress.  They could have found a better reason or venue to show her off all dolled up.  The ball park was not it.

I agree with you Auntie Mame as I could not picture him with her either and still don't.  I actually like the Janice character as a mom and vice versa on this one after seeing the temperaments of each one. I wish he'd stuck with his original motto of not getting involved with his clients.

The kids are still adorable though.:D

Guest ppbpb

Manny giving ahjumma a RING seems a little too fast; but I'm happy it's mutual now! :D

Can't wait to see what today's episode will bring!

Guest linmey

i can also understand that others cant see the chemistry between them. that was so..hmmm..fast??with the ring and so on..but nevertheless i still enjoy watching them to be lovey-dovey .. :D

Actually, this drama could be  named "Tales of Two Sisters".   hahahahahaha   :w00t:

Suh Ji Suk  should really add a clause to his contracts that he gets the right to name his dramas.  Just before this drama, he was in "Gloria", which turned out not to be so much about Gloria, as it was about the evil brother of Suh Ji Suk's character.  :wacko:  And, I said that drama should have been renamed as "Bad Guy".  (The real "Bad Guy" drama, with Kim Nam Gil, had just ended.   hee, hee).

For dramas that are worth my time and attention, I will even watch the raw and then, again, with the subs.  Unfortunately, for this drama, I can't stomach going through it twice.  :wacko:

As for yesterday's yarn scene, that plot device is sooo old and cheesey.  BTW, they must have put a rock in the middle of the ball of yarn because I can guarantee that a ball of yarn does not 'thump' all the way down the stairs.  Neither does it turn corners.   :lol:

Actually, this drama could be "Tales of Two Sisters".   hahahahahaha   :w00t:

That's funny. but true. I'm waiting for the angst to start when the news gets out about the two of them, and you know it will. This is such a nice, light-hearted drama. It's very relaxing after a long day at work.

I know many do not like the mother character. But, I think that she's that way because of her sister. Her sister is over-bearing and the dominate force in that family. As a result, even though she's been married and had kids, she's still over-shadowed by big sis. The KYD's role is to take her out of that whining, pathetic mold and help her grow into a real independent woman. You can already see the affect he's had on her when she initially stood up to Janice and stated that she needed him for her children and was not going to fire him.

I also don't think the ring issue is too sudden, they're wearing couple rings, it's not like they're going out and getting married the next day. It's just a promise to date each other exclusively with the end goal being marriage. The episodes are supposed to have occurred over time. I can't imagine that he would gain these two kids trust over a couple of weeks or days.

But, as a mother, I really want to "slap" the little girl. She is too arrogant, selfish, rude, and a whole host of other adjectives I'm nice to say. The only time she sincerely apologized to anyone was when Janice told her that she could not go on the dance show. I cringe everytime she opens her mouth. There is precocious and then there is just rude and this little girl fits into the latter.

Archived