2011 The JYP USA Audition Tour

Guest Tteokguk

Guest snsd-ezzy

how do u no what time to come. i cant find the number where we are given after we print out the email ( which is the application form) is it the one where it says Los angeles 02- xxxxxxx. i have no idea! the form is alrdy hard, wonder how hard the audition are gonna b

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1nn0xsmile

3 days left, so excited! i'll be there alone, my cousins cant come with me :( , hope to meet some soompiers there!

Still cant decide if im going to dance or sing, but im preparing both =)

im 300 something.. not sure. I will look it up to make sure. See you guys there, and good luck for everyone!

be excited, dont be too nervous (i'll probably be nervous still ><).

Guest ilov3you

I got a call from JYP telling me to go to the auditions on June 11 and then they asked for my e-mail. They e-mailed me an excel file and told me to fill it out and mail it back .. did anyone else get the e-mail? What does "Chinese to Korean Ratio" and "Service Time" mean..?

Ooohh, i wanted to ask, Where exactly are the audtions in New york Gunna be? like, whut specific place? i want to go to that one, but idk Which city. Please helllpp, thanks o much. <3

Guest ilov3you

uhhhmm, has any1 figured out the New York Auditions yet?!?! aiishh, i needa knoww. I'm all the way in Colorado, andd i'm going to book a flight for it! PLEEASE HELP!

uhhhmm, has any1 figured out the New York Auditions yet?!?! aiishh, i needa knoww. I'm all the way in Colorado, andd i'm going to book a flight for it! PLEEASE HELP!

WOW flying all the way just to audition? Good luck!

Guest starzXshinee

HEY GUYS! So JYP scouts came to my friend's dance school yesterday and they gave her a flyer with . . . . THE NEW YORK LOCATION! :D

It is at MTV IGGY

345 Hudson Street

2nd Floor

New York, NY 10014

Guest adventhearts91

Hello Everyone!

I made a Soompi account just for this thread ahahaha. Nice to see that I'm not the only one nervous about the auditions tomorrow! :D Hopefully I'll be able to recognize people...I'm going to the audition all the way from Northern California...sigh...so far. But good luck to everyone! 

By the way, is anyone auditioning for dancing? That's what I'm doing....

Oh, another question! (SORRY! SPAM) So I ended up not being able to sign up online, but I heard we can just sign up there?. Just double-triple checking, it is okay if we just register directly at the auditions correct? Thanks!

Guest Munchkins

^ I'm going to be auditioning for dancing. (: I was going to sing but I got sick last week so I just switched to dancing. And yes, there are walkin signups.

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

wow i haven't been on in a few days >< hello again everyone (: i read through the thread to catch up and from what i've seen i'm number 93 (Los Angeles-02-000093) so i guess i'll be seeing you guys bright and early ahaha (IF i end up going ) >< i never had time to prepare for this audition...so iono if i wanan go when i'm not at 100% you know??

um from what i've been reading people are asking about the audition process and if you go to my other posts in this thread i talked about it kind of. IF this audition is like the other JYP audition i went to back in 2008 you'll be auditioning in a room with 100+ other auditioners. they watch you audition as they wait their turn and there are three judges there. i heard usually the first hundred people get to do two things (singing,dancing,acting etc) but the rest don't but iono if that is true. i heard it was cause the judges were feeling lenient so let the auditioners do more than one. ummmmmmmm if you guys have any other questions let me know and i'll try to answer and help?? arg my choreo isn't dont yet T^T and i FSHER don't have 1 minute each for singing or dancing but oh well they'll have to be satisfied with whatever i have ahahaa

and if you need this LEAHHEARTSDBSK IS GOING TO BE ATTENDING THE LA AUDITION (: so add my name to that list~~

^ I'm going to be auditioning for dancing. (: I was going to sing but I got sick last week so I just switched to dancing. And yes, there are walkin signups.

this is EXACTLY what happened to me >< i got sick and switched to dance aswell ahha goodluck to you (: and i hope to see you there~~

Guest chocoshake

I see so many people prepared for singing and dancing. :S Arghhh I'm only auditioning for singing.

I mean I'm not a horrible dancer, but I'm probably like average, so I didn't even try to learn any choreo.

Well it's too late now. Just have to go tomorrow and try my best ^^

Guest jaxije22

has anyone ever been inside the nyc location- mtv iggy??? i just want to mentally prepare myself for if it is an enormous or small audition space.

Guest beguileiota

starzXshinee, thank you for the information on the audition location!

I'm going to the NY one...good luck tomorrow for all of you auditioning in LA!! Btw, what are you guys singing? Do you have more than one song prepared? I'm thinking of singing an English song and I'm not sure if that'd be a good idea...

Guest Odango

Anyone planning on singing a song by a JYP artist? I know some people advise against it, but I'm still thinking of singing one just because I think it highlights the fact that I can both sing and rap

Guest starzXshinee

I am debating between Epik High's Over [it is a rap and if I can get to the chorus, I will sing] and a song from N'SYNC [too many to choose from xD.]

LA AUDITIONS ARE IN LESS THAN 11 HOURS!!!

Guest _toxic

I know it's really late notice but anyone going to LA's audition that can offer me a rideeeee? I'll pay you for gaaaaas. any takers?

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

guys i'm nervous!!! i got my choreo down today (: though it's still a BIT sloppy >< but i'm satisfied~ and i never really ppracticed my song so if they make me sing...oh gosh ><

IF i do sing, ima since PARK BOM's DON'T CRY or BIG BANG'S WE BELONG TOGETHER (bom's part and gd's rap)

and IF they tell me to dance to another song...i'll be screwed hahahah. hope you guys are ready to audition infront of 100 + people >< i'm sure not

and i'm definitely running >< arggg

I know it's really late notice but anyone going to LA's audition that can offer me a rideeeee? I'll pay you for gaaaaas. any takers?

where do you live?? o.o iono if i can but i'll SEE depending on where you live ahaha.

Guest _toxic

^fullerton, CA..it's like 30 minute drive from the audition area. 

editx: 

never minnnnd! just checked on yahoomap and the mere distance from fullerton to rancho cucamonga is like 42 minutessss. thanks for trying to help thoughhh! 

Guest Munchkins

Omg. It was super nerve racking. So I didn't register online so I had to fill out a peice of paper. After I turned it in, the lady gave me a number and I sat down inside a huge room where they were showing past auditions, music videos, and performances. I had to sit there for a while before they called my number. I went there at around 11 and finished my audition around 3:20ish. Anyways, they call individual numbers and you stand at the front of the room until an employee leads you out to a different room outside. Its funny cause the people that are still sitting down clap as your group goes out. Then they take you to the room and before you go in, they tell you the procedures and tell you to leave your stuff on a table. There was one judge, a music player, the cameraman, and another guy at the door. And 19 other auditionees in the room. So 24 people in total. Before my group though, only 10 people went in at a time so I guess they were short on time. 10 people are standing in front of the camera and the other 10 sit down on chairs against the side wall. After the first 10 are done, they switch. So you just start singing when it's your turn and if you're dancing, you had to come up to a wooden platform. It was like half an inch off the ground, which is why I don't really call it a stage. There's no rhythm test and no introductions unless the judge asks you to. 4 people in my group freestyled to a song and 3 people, including me, danced. The 2 other dancers were a group. Everyone else sang. The judge gave us each around 20 seconds. Some were cut shorter but no one got longer than that. Then after everyones done, they say thank you and then you can go home. Overall, it was a good experience and definitely more organized than last year. (:

Guest chocoshake

Just arrived back from L.A. Auditions ^^

It was basically the same experience as Munchkins. Stayed in a big waiting room, a lady called out your number, got in a line of 10 people, then taken to a smaller room where your audition is. You go in with your line, audition one at a time, and that's it. Not as nerve wracking as I thought it was going to be.

A bit of a warning:

You will not have 1 minute to audition. You will at most have 15-20 seconds, that's it.

I especially give this warning to dancers. My line was mostly dancers, and it was heartbreaking to see them all get cut short right when they were about to bring there moves. One guy in my line only got to bop is head around a few times, and then they cut him off.

Archived