2011 The JYP USA Audition Tour

Guest Tteokguk

I auditioned in NYC too, and after reading other people's experiences I noticed that people are like leaving out the photographer.  

There was a guy who talked to the judge after all the auditions and then he would come out and ask to take certain people's pictures.  These people happened to be really really good in my audition group. Don't think that is a coincidence. So even if you were not called back that day there is probably a bigger chance for someone if you got your picture taken.

Overall it was super fun and thank god it was well organized! It didn't take as long as I thought. I was there around 930am and left at noon.

^Yeah, that's true .__. I guess the photographer was rare so people left it out, and I guess you're lucky cause most of the time people waited no less than 2 hours and up to 5 hours, that's crazy, but you're lucky :D And did the photographer take pictures of your front fact, your face (left side) and your face (right side)? They would also told you to move your hair away from your: Ears, face and eye. 

And they take these pictures to show the boss your face and your flaws, because these are professional photographers, they'll take pictures of your face and they'll find the flaws in you, so I guess if you don't have flaws you just pass the picture section :P

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest halwaysim

Hi!

I had read your past thread about you signing with a Korean company already.

Did they allow you to audition in the U.S.? (I'm just wondering cuz I heard some companies forbid you from auditioning again)

And did you audition for JYP just for fun then?

thanks!

Hey,

In answering your questions, I would have to go through a lot of talk about legalities. But to put it in a general and simple way, I ended up getting permission to do so while 'PARTIALLY' under contract and if I did make it to JYP, I'd have to pay to get out of my aforementioned contract [something I'd hope JYP would clear on my behalf].

=)

Hey,

In answering your questions, I would have to go through a lot of talk about legalities. But to put it in a general and simple way, I ended up getting permission to do so while 'PARTIALLY' under contract and if I did make it to JYP, I'd have to pay to get out of my aforementioned contract [something I'd hope JYP would clear on my behalf].

=)

^Woah Woah! It might just be me, but according to what you said, "...I ended up getting permission to do so while 'PARTIALLY' under contract..." 

Does that mean you've "trialed" the trainee system for JYP Entertainment? Cause that's all I can see from what you've said, it might be wrong but if it is right, how the heck in the world do you do that? That would be so damn awesome, to be able to trial the trainee system before you audition for the company? Now that is a sweet deal.

But if you did "trial" the trainee system how did it work out? And how did you get JYP's permission to let you do it? Wouldn't he be worried that you might leak information based on the training system of the company? 

So basically to sum it up (from what I've been able to understand) you've signed a trial contract with JYP Entertainment to get to see what goes around and this contract would partially last for a certain amount of time, and when that amount of time has passed you can choose to audition for JYP Entertainment if the time you had under the trial contract was acceptable to you? And you'd have to pay to get out of your aforementioned contract....hmm....JYP seems to very opened if what I understood from what you've typed is correct. But if I'm wrong, correct me :D

Guest halwaysim

^Woah Woah! It might just be me, but according to what you said, "...I ended up getting permission to do so while 'PARTIALLY' under contract..." 

Does that mean you've "trialed" the trainee system for JYP Entertainment? Cause that's all I can see from what you've said, it might be wrong but if it is right, how the heck in the world do you do that? That would be so damn awesome, to be able to trial the trainee system before you audition for the company? Now that is a sweet deal.

But if you did "trial" the trainee system how did it work out? And how did you get JYP's permission to let you do it? Wouldn't he be worried that you might leak information based on the training system of the company? 

So basically to sum it up (from what I've been able to understand) you've signed a trial contract with JYP Entertainment to get to see what goes around and this contract would partially last for a certain amount of time, and when that amount of time has passed you can choose to audition for JYP Entertainment if the time you had under the trial contract was acceptable to you? And you'd have to pay to get out of your aforementioned contract....hmm....JYP seems to very opened if what I understood from what you've typed is correct. But if I'm wrong, correct me :D

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

What I meant is that I was/am part of a DIFFERENT entertainment company. And due to differences in views of what has been/ is/ will be expected of me in the future, I asked about my options. After close to 2 months of meeting with lawyers, we came to a settlement. That is what I meant. In terms of "trying" out the system, that's something I have never heard of and will probably never come to see happening.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm still not allowed to say too much =)

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

What I meant is that I was/am part of a DIFFERENT entertainment company. And due to differences in views of what has been/ is/ will be expected of me in the future, I asked about my options. After close to 2 months of meeting with lawyers, we came to a settlement. That is what I meant. In terms of "trying" out the system, that's something I have never heard of and will probably never come to see happening.

Ahh! I finally understand :D And no worries, mistakes happen, it wasn't your fault I misunderstood it, it way my own :P 

And good luck with the company you're in! I hope you become successful and stay strong!

Guest something-like

uhh...one question yet again..

so someone said a few pages back it's ok if you miss your number (in my case...i'm #3) and just do a walk-in registration. But what about the rest of the auditioners? Wouldn't i get pushed back a lot?

Thanks

Guest CryoDragon1994

uhh...one question yet again..

so someone said a few pages back it's ok if you miss your number (in my case...i'm #3) and just do a walk-in registration. But what about the rest of the auditioners? Wouldn't i get pushed back a lot?

Thanks

For the N.Y. auditions, it was a first come first serve basis regardless of your number...so no, they would not get pushed back and you'll be fine =)

Guest something-like

For the N.Y. auditions, it was a first come first serve basis regardless of your number...so no, they would not get pushed back and you'll be fine =)

no im saying, would I be pushed back, not them =/ i dont get how walk-ins work. Or do you literally just walk-in in front of other auditioners?

Guest idiomatic

Just sent in my application form! Toronto - #355!

I'm mainly auditioning just for the experience and as a fun last-adventure

with my Korean class friends. (:

I'm kind of scared since I auditioned for "vocal" but I'm still a bit sick

because of a cold last week. Should I create a second application for "dance"

just in case?

Guest something-like

...ok one LAST thing to people who have a clue about what im talking about.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hl=en&tab=wl

so firstly, I googled the directions and I'm planning to go to pacific mall first then going from there since it would be a bit closer and theres plenty of stops there. Anyways, don't question why haha. So obviously, North York/Toronto is south from Markham and the directions are pretty clear here.

HOWEVER...

http://tripplanner.yrt.ca/hiwire

(EDIT: since it doesn't show up for you guys.. in FROM: , type 4300 STEELES AVE E, MARKHAM and for TO: , type in 1133 Leslie St, Toronto, ON M3C 2J6 << obviously the audition place.. or just copy and paste what i already wrote above)

I search up the the directions here and it tells me to go North...wtf...what do i do now? Someone help please =/...emergency, it's this week blah.......

Guest CryoDragon1994

no im saying, would I be pushed back, not them =/ i dont get how walk-ins work. Or do you literally just walk-in in front of other auditioners?

There's no pushing back. You just come and stand on the line for already registered people regardless of your number =/

Good luck guys! I already auditioned in New York. It was a pretty good experience! have fun too

^Wait, is this weekly auditions or global audition? And what did you audition for :D (Cause I rarely talk to people who danced for auditions). 

And did you do the rhythm test? If so what song? :D Thanks, just wondering cause I'm going to audition soon.

Yay~ Going to Auditions in Toronto for the first time~ ♥♥♥  :sweatingbullets:

Good luck, don't back out :D And even if you think that you aren't ready then still give it a shot, because it's your opinion that you think that you're not ready, it's the company your auditioning for opinion.

Try your best and don't hold anything back, practice hard these few days.

And best of luck to you and all of those auditioning that day.

Guest something-like

Does anyone live around the Union Station area and willing to give me a lift to the audition place ? :S the most i can do is get to union station on my own since its fairly easy.

Urgent ~! Someone please say yes =(

Guest LKKay

Im going to the northyork audition from markham!! I have no idea what song im gonna sing and as to how im going to get there, though :(

On another note. yesterday and today, jyp scouts came to my school (I attend an arts high school) To look for people. According to my friends, they only asked who the most popular people in our school were... I found this super biased and unfair... I mean, they pretty much were only looking for looks. Youd think that theyd be looking for really talented people (which im sure there are), considering its an arts school. I hope they dont judge the auditions the same way.

Guest jaxije22

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

This is off topic, but I'm really interested in what you do for your auditions. Like what type of clothes do you wear etc? Did you write that you are with an entertainment industry on your application? Thanks!

This is off topic, but I'm really interested in what you do for your auditions. Like what type of clothes do you wear etc? Did you write that you are with an entertainment industry on your application? Thanks!

^Yeah, going off topic tends to happen a lot. Clothing is easy just wear something not showing much of your skin, maybe nice jeans and a long sleeve shirt would do :D

And if you've been in an Entertainment Industry before then you would write that you've been with one, because then it only increases your chances of getting in, but trust me if you lie about it, then the judges will easily find out. 

Guest halwaysim

I just wore black jeans and a teal, red, and white short collared shirt with a white t-shirt under it.

As for writing down my previous experience, I am not allowed due to legal restrictions.

I received the call back without them knowing anything about me. I wrote almost nothing in the application. The only information I provided was contact information.

For those wondering, I sang "slow motion" [only the pre-chorus and chorus/hook].

Hope this helps.

Archived