[Drama 2011] You're So Pretty 당신 참 예쁘다

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wicked Ahjumma @Facebook has a 'You're So Pretty' discussion thread. Some of  the conversation is like a mini summary; it may be just enough to keep us going.  Check it out .... biggrin.gif

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wicked-Ahjumma/119664751414120?sk=app_2373072738

However, I must admit that since this series is so good, I still quietly yearn for subs cool.gif 

This is one of the better written daily Kdramas that I've seen in a while, it's a shame that it's not appreciated by more people. I won't be able to do this often, but here is a summary of today's episode 12 for those that are interested:

- Chi Young asks Yoo Rang whether Kang Soo is really the father and she replies yes, although he asks how can she be so sure. She tells him that both she and KS are sure and that’s all that matters.

- YR calls KS to let him know that she’s ok and asks him to tell her parents that she will be heading down to Jejudo.

- Anna, knowing that CY was not in his office, asks him if he’s been at the office all this time and he replies yes. While he goes to wash up, she copies down the address that CY had in his jacket pocket.

- CY calls the hospital to confirm how far along YR is and they him that she’s about 4 months pregnant (what hospital gives away patient confidential information this easily??) This would put the timing around when he met YR in Jejudo.

- CY calls Kim Soo Chul (YR’s brother-in-law) into the office and asks him to find out where KS was 4 months ago.

- Soo Chul runs into Anna and raises the issue of compensation for the car accident. Anna finds out the relationship between Soo Chul and YR, and immediately offers the compensation and requests the contact information.

- YR is on her way to the airport when her friend/colleague calls to tell her that YR has been fired from her job.

- Yoo Jung (unable to sustain the pregnancy) laments about what she has put the rest of the family through as she was trying to get pregnant and worries about YR.

- YR visits a home for unwed mothers run by catholic nuns but they don’t appear to have any available rooms at the moment

- CY finds out that his sister knows KS and asks if she knows that KS is engaged. She tells him that she met them at the airport and it looks as if they just met coming from Jejudo and the engagement is fake.

- CY calls KS to his office and we basically have two males trying to outdo each other with veiled threats.

- KS is irritated that YR hasn’t called him to let him know that she arrived safely in Jejudo (acting more and more like a boyfriend) 

- Anna asks KS what was the conversation with CY about and he is saved by a call from his friend, Jang Dae Poong.

- YR’s aunt, Go Man Hee, meets Jang Dae Poong after she’s been splashed by a car as she’s leaving sauna. Dae Poong informs her that she could try to get compensated $100 for being splashed.

- YR’s mother finds out that YR has been fired from her hotel and wonders where she is since she received a text from YR that she arrived safely in Jejudo.

- Despite complaining about the shoes not being placed in an orderly fashion, YR’s father is very worried about her.

- YR gets a call from the courier telling her that her things have arrived from Jejudo. She tells them that she’s out and asks them to call when they arrive so that she can meet them outside the house.

- KS’s grandfather tells him to show up for a matseon (meeting for potential marriage) which gets KS really angry. He tells his grandfather that he can’t sell him off the way he did with his father.

- KS “Father, Mom, was I wrong? If it’s wrong, it can’t be helped.”

- Anna arrives at YRs house and meet YR’s mother. Anna asks her if she knows someone by the name of Park Chi Young to which she replies “Park Chi Young? Who is he?”

- As she’s leaving, the courier truck arrives with YR’s stuff and Anna sees YR, which now tells her that the address CY had was that of YR’s house.

- Preview – it appears that CY will find out about the false engagement.

Hi, Hi DarcyCollie!

Miss you all but I just can't see anything on vikimad.gif so I'm having a tantrum at the moment.

Anyway....

Thank you so much for the summary. I've literally be searching everywhere just to get a glimpse of what is happening. And yes even without subtitles I can tell that this is one of the better dramas so thanks for the input.

THANKS!!!  biggrin.gif

gerryg, perhaps you're the only person reading this, but here is the recap for ep 13. It's getting better by the episode.

- Anna tells YR that she was in the neighbourhood for business and invites YR for tea as she has something to say to her

- KS remembers when he was first introduced to his grandfather by his father. His father says that KS takes after his mother a lot but his grandfather blames KS’s dad for the death of his daughter and tells them to get out.

- KS hears from YR’s mom that YR was fired and promises to meet with YR.

- Anna asks how YR first met CY and finds out that CY lied about supposed YR’s first visit to apply as the pastry chef. When CY calls, Anna tells him that she’s meeting with YR.

- KS calls YR and she tells him that she’s, of course, in Jejudo. He calls her bluff and asks to meet.

- Anna asks when she’s returning to Jejudo and suggests that they all get together for a meal. She then asks what YR thinks of CY as a man, whether he has charisma. YR responds that it really depends on one’s taste but Anna asks if she finds CY attractive. Anna says that a woman finds it uncomfortable when her husband is too attractive but if he appears to unattractive to other woman, it doesn’t make her feel good about it. She asks YR for her contact number.

- CY finds out from Anna that YR and Kim Soo Chul are in-laws.

-Anna appears to be just toying with CY, asking him questions to which she knows the answers, just to confirm that he is lying to her about YR.

- CY’s mom is adding more pressure about going to the hospital for another attempt to conceive a baby with CY acting as interference.

- KS tries to convince YR to go back home but she resists. He tells her that she can’t understand what drives woman, specifically mothers. As a man, he can’t understand woman who live as single moms or put their lives on the line to have the child. He tells her that his mom died when he was born, so that she died because of him (explains why his grandfather accused them of killing his daughter). The fact that one can do anything or give up anything for a child is frightening. YR states that is why a mother’s love is comforting and beautiful.

- Dae Poong tells YR that she’s prettier than he thought since KS kept on telling him how terrible she looked.

- KS mumbles disparagingly about the KS, making YR put her hand over his mouth.

- When KS gets flustered after the icing the hand incident, he can’t figure out where to go and ends up in the washroom. After the flashback, he says “Now, why did I come in here?”

- At breakfast, when asked how she knew that KS’s favourite soup was the beansprout soup, she says that it was the only thing in the fridge. Although past its freshness, she cleaned it thoroughly before cooking it. She also says that she’s not particularly fond of soups when asked why she’s not eating it.

- KS calls YR’s mom and tells her that they are planning to meet at a café in the afternoon and asks YR’s mom to meet them there.

- In the café, YR overhears her aunt telling her mom to tell a white lie about agreeing to YR to get her home first and foremost. YR’s mom feels very uneasy about lying to YR. YR leaves the café without being seen.

- When KS calls YR, she asks him to come and let her get her luggage from his place. He asks why she didn’t go to the café and that YR’s mom is still waiting for her. YR tells him that she won’t be going to the café and she’ll get her luggage later.

- CY tells Kim Soo Chul that he’s aware that YR is Soo Chul’s sister-in-law and offers to help with the wedding reception location. Recalling the incident between KS and YR’s parents in the hotel, CY asks if there is a problem. Soo Chul answers that he’s not familiar with what’s happening and asks why CY is curious about it. CY replies that it involves an employee of the hotel so it’s to be expected, especially because the incident occurred in the hotel lobby. Soo Chul answers that he’ll look into the matter.

- CY also asks if Soo Chul has any update on the other matter. Soo Chul replies that aside from the trip three weeks ago to Jejudo, KS has not been there for over 2 years (confirming that he’s not likely the baby’s father). CY asks when KS and YR got engaged and when Soo Chul hesitates, CY tells him to give answer immediately.

- YR tells her mom that she was detained and couldn’t make it to the café.

- CY finds out from Soo Chul that the engagement was a fake one and everything was a mess at home. CY asks why KS would agree to such a façade. Soo Chul tells him that his sister-in-law is having some problems but won’t go into any further details (as if he hasn’t spilled enough already).

- In the elevator:

- CY: What does it feel like? Like putting on a play in kindergarten? Like becoming the lead actor in a drama? Putting on a fake engagement. What’s it like?

- KS: Are you asking me? I can’t figure out what you’re talking about.

- CY: You can’t figure it out? You don’t know?

- KS: What do you want me to say?

- CY: I want your honest answer to my question. Or, keep that mouth closed for good. Are you going to tell me the truth or are you going to keep your mouth closed?

- KS: Don’t talk in riddles. Just asked your question simply. What exactly is it that you want?

- Of course, Anna is always the bystander who happens to always be where the key events are happening.

Thank you DarcyCollie! I am definitely not the only one enjoying your summariesbiggrin.gif

This show is getting so good I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next show. Episode 14 comes on in ~ 2hrs. Since you've brought me up to date, I'm thinking about streaming it live (even though the picture quality is sorely lacking). I can't wait to see what happens next. 

I hope the thread begin to generate discussion because I sure want to discuss YR protecting that scum bag's baby. Geesh, couldn't she find a better person to mess her life over for? Argh! Sometimes mother's instincts are too strong.crazy.gif

Thank you again.

wub.gif

Episode 14 recap:

- After being witnessed by Anna in his tussle with KS, CY whispers to Anna that he’ll tell her later

- In their car, Anna asks if it’s related to YR since she is the common link. Anna tells CY that YR has been on her mind for a while. When asked why, she replies that there isn’t a specific reason but she felt as if YR has been like a shadow over the two of them for a while. CY asks what YR has to do with them and wonders if Anna is suspicious of him and YR (he’s got some nerve, I have to give him that). Anna denies it and CY asks her if he has ever disappointed her in the past. CY puts the blame on the stress of trying to get pregnant and tells her to trust him (famous last words). He explains that the tussle was because KS was too arrogant. He suggests going away for the weekend with their daughter to clear his head.

- YR expresses her gratitude to KS for all he has done but states that, from now on, she asks that he not get involved nor worry about her. He objects to her assertion that he got involved. She acknowledges that she got him involved, not the other way around. He asks what has her this upset and she tells him that she did go to the café yesterday and overheard her mother’s conversation with her aunt about putting the child up for adoption after she gives birth. He asks what she’s going to do without any planning and she tells him that she’s applied for the single mom’s hospice. And, she’s planning to look for a job and a temporary place to stay. He tells her that it’s not easy finding a job or a place and tells her to go and try to change their mind about the adoption, no matter how long it takes.

- KS tells YR that CY now knows that the engagement is fake (I like how the characters don’t try to hide everything from each other and they address the problems as they come along, for now at least). YR says that it makes no difference to her. KS is hurt that YR thanks him like someone she just met, not someone who has been this involved to date. He asks where she is going and she answers that she’ll think about as she goes along. He tells her to stay.

- Potential candidates for dating/marriage appears to have arrived for KS. When he’s uninterested, Dae Poong volunteers in his place. When asked where YR is, he says “Why would I be interested in that woman with the baby?” But, he can’t seem to stop thinking and worrying about her.

- CY tries to convince his mother to give up on having a baby.

- KS tells CY to leave her alone but CY says that the baby could be his. KS tells him that he has no proof that the baby is his and he should never have gotten involved with her if he’s that worried. He asks if he even loves her, a question to which CY responds by laughing.

- Anna calls the resort that YR used to work in and learns that she was let go. She wonders if it was due to her getting married.

- Dae Poong’s son, Soo Ho, is wondering where YR is and remembers her looking at a “For Hire” sign and goes to see her. He calls KS to tell him that he found her, a conversation that, of course, is overheard by CY.

- While meeting with KS’s grandfather, Anna had called KS into the office. When introduced, his grandfather tells them that KS is the grandson of a friend of his and at the friend’s request, gave KS a job so that he can straighten out his life.

- Soo Chul asks KS, as he’s leaving, what the atmosphere inside CY’s office is and KS replies that it’s a chilly as the Siberian Desert. Soo Chul asks why YR didn’t come to the café and KS tells him what happened. Soo Chul asks KS to keep an eye on YR. Soo Chul asks if there is something between KS and CY and KS replies no.

- YR tells Soo Ho that he can’t tell anyone that he saw her at the restaurant. When KS arrives, Soo Ho says that he talked with KS before he promised not to tell anyone (so, legally he hasn’t broken his promise).

- KS verifies that she works and sleeps at the restaurant. He worries that she’s overtaxing herself with the work. When asked if he’s staying for dinner, he replies that it’s true how he’s been inserting into her life too much and he won’t do that anymore. He wishes her a good life. Soo Ho tells YR that KS is angry because of her, because she wouldn’t listen to him.

- Soo Ho tries to convince KS that YR’s work is really hard and she got into trouble with the owner again. KS tells Soo Ho, as someone with more experience in life, that one shouldn’t interfere with someone’s life so readily.

- CY arrives at the restaurant.

- YR is taking a rest in the washroom stall but leaves behind her waist support when she’s interrupted by the owner, who realizes that YR is pregnant. YR is fired from her job. The owner says that a pregnant woman is too high a risk to hire and, while giving her pay for the two days, tells her to go home as it’s too difficult out by herself.

- CY, despite YR’s protests, asks to go somewhere and talk for the last time as he also doesn’t want to be bothered by her any further.

- KS drops Soo Ho off and when KS doesn’t get out, Soo Ho knows that he’s going back to see YR and encourages him with “Fighting!”

- KS finds out that YR no longer works there and a man had just come by to take her.

- CY has brought YR to the OBY-GN hospital, where he tells her to get out quietly.

- Preview: YR is afraid to go into the hospital in case CY tries to get rid of the baby. CY somehow confirms that he is the father, just before YR falls down the stairs.

Oh my goodness, This is like The Road Home where the desperate ex-husband who needed a baby in his life more than anything harassed his ex-wife until she had a miscarriage. I hope CY feels guilty for what he's done. Moreover, even if his wife finally does have a baby I hope it isn't his tongue2.gif .... Jerk!!!!!

Thanks DarcyColliewub.gif

Guest ballykiss

@DarcyCollie: Thank you very much for your great summaries. I stumbled upon this show and really like it. I think it is was of the better daily shows I have seen. I appreciate you doing this and I hope more viewers will catch on to this show. I really hope that she ends up with KS and not the other guy. The show is getting really exciting and I can't believe how he just stood there and left after she fell down the stairs. He is awful! I also hope his wife finds out what a jerk he is! At this point I really don't hate her because she has a right to be upset with her husband and to be suspicious. It would be a refreshing change if they make her stand up for herself and leave his sorry A- -!!!! 

Guest jinayafer

DarcyCollie THANK YOU so much for summaries.. i really do appreciate it.. im still waiting for the eng sub though.. the story is getting more and more interesting..

This daily drama is moving at a lot faster pace than is typical of a daily drama (no complaints from me) and I'm very curious as to how the storyline will evolve over the next 100 episodes or so (not sure how many episodes there are). Will YR have the baby or not? And, YR somehow has to enter the work at the same hotel as the other 3 to give them plenty of opportunity to interact and play out the story. Nothing to do but wait and enjoy!

Episode 15 recap:

- CY tells YR to go in quietly for a genetic test on the baby, to finally put the question to rest. KS calls and overhears her protests, but she finally gets out. YR tells him that she doesn’t want to go in because something else could be done while under the pretext of an examination. He asks what he has to do to show that he’s not lying and she tells him that she’ll only go in if she has a guardian who will go in with her. He tells her that he can’t trust her either and tells her to come back with the guardian the next day. If she doesn’t show, he’ll take that to mean that the baby is his.

- CY’s mother is pretending to be ill, blaming it on the stress of her children not trying to have a baby. Anna and CY give in and agree to go to the hospital and try again.

- YR’s mom learns from Soo Chul that YR overheard the conversation in the café regarding adoption (hurray, another potential secret not kept hidden!) and that she’ll be getting into a home for single mothers. YR’s dad declares that he doesn’t want to hear YR’s name being mentioned in the house and YR’s mom protests that YR is neither a thief or a murderer. Even if she had done such terrible deeds, she is still their daughter.

- YR has not option but to go to KS’s place, where he finds her hiding. He asks whether she is ok and what was she talking about on the last call.

- YR has collapsed and is resting in KS’s bed, when Soo Ho asks why she’s not taking medication if she’s ill.

- Next morning, she returns from getting some groceries and KS is rather upset that she was absent. He says “Is breakfast that important? Would we die if we didn’t eat it? Shouldn’t you have told us where you were going? Why is a sick person doing such things? Are you sick alone? When you’re sick, the baby is sick with you. Why are you so thoughtless in your situation?”

- YR asks Dae Poong whether she’s getting chastised and he affirms. KS notices the bean sprouts and asks if it’s bean sprout soup again. YR answers that she got it because she understand that KS likes it.

- KS tells YR that getting a genetic test on a fetus is illegal. Aside from the legal issue, he asks whose baby it is and she answers “It’s my baby.” If it’s her baby, he asks why the baby has to go through such an examination, noting that the exam can be very harmful to the baby. YR states that she will never have the test.

- Dae Poon and Soo Ho are brushing teeth and going through all the combination of room sharing given that there are 4 of them and 2 bedrooms.

- When YR doesn’t pick up the phone, CY orders KS to his office. When he arrives, CY asks KS to phone YR and to tell her to keep her promise. KS tells him to tell her directly himself. CY figures that it would be faster through KS and he asks KS if he isn’t curious as to the identity of the father. As KS is aware of CY’s plan to get the genetic test, CY remarks that rumours spread fast. When asked where YR is, KS replies that he doesn’t know and that CY is quite aware that he wouldn’t tell even if he knew. CY tells KS that YR had promised to get the test done if a guardian accompanied her and tells KS to go to the hospital with her. He wants YR to contact him by evening before things get more serious. KS responds that he wants CY to tell YR that the test is illegal and to never have the test done.

- Anna (of course) arrives just as KS is leaving and wants to know what CY wanted (it must be really frustrating to always arrive at the end of things and have to always ask others what had happened, no?) Anna suggests a dinner among the four given all that has already happened, to relieve any misunderstanding that might have occurred and enquires after YR’s well being. KS thanks her but declines for the time being since they are rather busy.

- CY confirms with the hospital that things are prepared as if for an exam as scheduled. Anna notes that KS has been in CY’s office a lot lately and offers to talk to the chairman if he’s getting too bothersome. CY tells her that KS came by to apologize for the elevator incident. Anna figures that it’s the relationship between the grandfathers which is giving KS the attitude. When she invites CY to some tea, her brushes her off with work excuse.

- YR’s mother is phoning homes for single mothers to find YR but is told that the names of the mothers cannot be released without their consent (this home has a better security for confidential information than the hospital)

- It appears that Anna is interviewing candidates, one of whom is YR`s friend from the Jejudo Grand Resort. In the restroom, Anna asks her is she knows YR and finds out that she is a close friend of YR. Anna comments that YR left the resort and asks if it was because of the marriage. YR`s friend is about to say that she was fired but is surprised to hear about a marriage. She then reveals the secret about a man who visited Jejudo on business for about 6 months who suddenly disappeared. She tells Anna that YR came to Seoul to propose to him and assumes that the marriage went through. Anna asks if she happens to know the name of the man (oh dear, another security leak)

- CY happens to see KS and Soo Chul talking to each other. Soo Chul hands KS an envelope of money and asks him to give it to YR. Soo Chul indicates his knowledge about YR going into a single mother`s home and the money is from Anna related to the accident. He requests that KS keep an eye on YR on their behalf. As he is leaving, Soo Chul notes that CY has an unusual amount of interest in KS and asks why that is the case. When KS asks what was CY`s enquiry, Soo Chul indicates that CY wanted to know when KS went to Jejudo and that it felt like CY was asking him to do a background check on KS. Soo Chul asks what`s going on.

- KS`s grandfather calls to ask about the status of the profiles of girls that he sent to KS and KS tells him to do whatever he wants.

- YR`s mother tells YR that the talk about adoption was all YR`s aunt`s idea and tells her to pay no mind to it. The two spend an emotional lunch together, overseen by YR`s father who is watching quietly.

- CY tells Soo Chul to stop his enquiry into KS and asks if they have known each long. Soo Chul states that he first met at work but later came to know each other through YR. Soo Chul comments that KS seems like a good person and a victim of a sort, when he was trying to help YR. CY asks if KS and YR still keep in contact to which Soo Chul replies that it appears so, and that at the moment, KS is like a guardian for YR. (given Soo Chul`s uneasy feelings about CY`s interest in KS and YR, he should really try to be more circumspect)

- CY goes to KS`s house but no one appears to be home.

- YR`s mother accompanies YR to KS`s place and tells her to take care and to get another cell phone.

- CY is waiting for YR. He tells her that he`s now certain that he is the father since that is what they would acknowledge if she didn`t keep her promise. Trying to get away from CY on the steps, YR falls down the steps and as she lands, there is blood on her legs, indicating that she may be losing the baby. At this point, KS arrives but does not yet see CY or YR.

- Preview: KS finds YR and takes her to the hospital. (There is some medical conversations but I`m not clear whether she lost the baby or not.)

Archived