JYP Online Audition Q&A

Guest pasmado0415

i also want to know what happens if u pass the online audition?

Do they send you a e-mail? or do they call?

How many rounds there are before becoming a trainee ?

Can someone explain to me each round in details hehee ^^ , where is the location? Is there like 500+ people that make it to the second round? (O.O since there r so many ppl out there lol )

If luckily enough, you get to the second round, do they ask you to fly to Korea and see them ...(within a week? , or do u need to wait another 2 months? )

You're contacted by email most likely and they also post up the "superior students" of that month you applied for at the beginning of the month right after (ex. if you applied in august they announce the "superior students" in the first two weeks of september) and it's usually like 4-5 applicants and those applicants go to JYP's building to have a separate audition from the public auditions that they hold and they usually tell you when and what time when they contact you so I guess if they like you at the real life audition they'll ask you to sign because I don't think JYP's stupid enough to take in 4-5 trainees every month since like 2009 or whenever they established this cuhz then the place will be overflowing with trainees that they have to train.

• 2 weeks later...

every time i try to post i get a message that my encryption or something is wrong

that my pictures need to me jpeg, etc and my vid needs to be avi, etc

all my pictures and videos are of the right criteria having the right extensions and size

why does this error message still pop up?

TT someone help pleaseeee

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lemonadeees

Hey fellow people!

soo need your help HERE!!!!

okay, so i know most of you would have already heard this a million times, therefore i apologise :)

i want to audition to JYP, seeing that i live Australia and they barely ever come here, i have to do the online auditions but its so SCARY!

i haven't posted anything cos i wanna make an impression, you know?\

besides the point..

so, lets say hypothetically you're like super AWESOME >:) or potentially super AWESOME! to JYP and they like your audition clip, what happens next? do you fly to korea or something? cos i bet YOU pay for that! and imagine if they're like "well, we don't think you're JYP material" OMG!!!! what a freaking stab to the HEART! :'( 

I have hard time understanding what JYP looks for, because they have a range of talents and sometimes no talents? o.O

oh and if they're interested and lets say your still in highshcool and you have strict parents, do you think they speak to your family and discuss everything with them, cos my parents (my dad) are (is)... >:| and i'm not sure they (he) would understand! D: 

OH AND YOU KNOW THE JYP CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE! ARE ALL THE PEOPLE ON THERE TRAINEES OR IN THE PROCESS OF BECOMING TRAINEES? DOES ANYONE KNOW?

THANK YOU ANYONE WHO REPLIES... MEANS SO MUCH, SORRY FOR THE BABBLE :P 

THANKS AGAIN :)

haha mm where to start... Oh! If you think you're awesome and you think you got what it takes, you already have the first step crossed off! You believe in yourself and that is what a lot of Entertainment companies look for, at least that's what I believe! haha but I heard that JYP looks for singers with soul.. Not sure if it's true or not, but hey! It's better to sing with soul anyways haha

If they need a translator I'm sure they're going to be prepared for it.. haha and if you talk to the big man yourself or with your dad, he seems to be pretty good at English, so I think you guys should be fine!

and NO! haha what happens is they get picked, then some of them miss the audition date cause it went straight to spam... and then yeah.. haha well that happened to me so I'm scheduled to meet up with them in Korea (I'm from NY) and I have to pay for my ticket probably because I'm not a trainee yet haha hope this helps! AND! good luck with your application!! :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I was hoping I could get some help here. :) ok so I've made an account and I got my video and it's in wmv format. I could go to the upload thing and upload my video. But when I clicked the beginning and ending time, the numbers are there but it looks a little weird. And when I click upload, it gives me a message with funny letters and a word like 'internal error' something around there which some ppl here faced too but somehow they managed to get it through. My file size is below the limit so I was really hoping someone could help me out please! :( and I'm bad with comps so I'm not very sure how to convert it to flv file. But I think they accept wmv format. Could someone please help me? Please! And thank you :D

Guest imshuushy

Okey. So like. i am auditioning online (iv been trying to get this ALL day) nd i have 3 pictures that all add up to LESS than 2mb nd they are all jpg.

Also, my audio file is wav. So i HAVTO put in a movie file? but whenever i click: Upload video file, it shows me http://audition.jype.com/eng/movieConverter/muFormPlus.htm

nd i dont know how to use it. Pretty plz helppp

Guest Su-Cia_Lim

Hello everyone! I was hoping I could get some help here. :) ok so I've made an account and I got my video and it's in wmv format. I could go to the upload thing and upload my video. But when I clicked the beginning and ending time, the numbers are there but it looks a little weird. And when I click upload, it gives me a message with funny letters and a word like 'internal error' something around there which some ppl here faced too but somehow they managed to get it through. My file size is below the limit so I was really hoping someone could help me out please! :( and I'm bad with comps so I'm not very sure how to convert it to flv file. But I think they accept wmv format. Could someone please help me? Please! And thank you :D

yeah it's same as me too at first.. but try to use Internet explorer, don't use mozilla. and check your video, don't be over limit mega byte..

Good luck :) 

Guest Wallycooper_

haha mm where to start... Oh! If you think you're awesome and you think you got what it takes, you already have the first step crossed off! You believe in yourself and that is what a lot of Entertainment companies look for, at least that's what I believe! haha but I heard that JYP looks for singers with soul.. Not sure if it's true or not, but hey! It's better to sing with soul anyways haha

If they need a translator I'm sure they're going to be prepared for it.. haha and if you talk to the big man yourself or with your dad, he seems to be pretty good at English, so I think you guys should be fine!

and NO! haha what happens is they get picked, then some of them miss the audition date cause it went straight to spam... and then yeah.. haha well that happened to me so I'm scheduled to meet up with them in Korea (I'm from NY) and I have to pay for my ticket probably because I'm not a trainee yet haha hope this helps! AND! good luck with your application!! :) :)

Hey lemonadeees!

thank you so much for replying! i kinda gave up after when i saw no one really replied!  thanks so much again!

I don't think i'm awesome, but i learn really quickly. (but secretly i'm awesome :) ) hahaha! just kidding. 

That's so great about your audition, please post about your experience and what you did to enable you do be scheduled a second audition. wish i was that lucky! i already tried but preeety sure I  failed, but i'm pretty persistent so i'm going to try again!

Hope you got accepted as a trainee *fingers crossed* bet you deserve it!

Anywho.. thanks again, and don't forget to post 'bout your experience :3

HWAITING! 

Guest lemonadeees

Hey lemonadeees!

thank you so much for replying! i kinda gave up after when i saw no one really replied!  thanks so much again!

I don't think i'm awesome, but i learn really quickly. (but secretly i'm awesome :) ) hahaha! just kidding. 

That's so great about your audition, please post about your experience and what you did to enable you do be scheduled a second audition. wish i was that lucky! i already tried but preeety sure I  failed, but i'm pretty persistent so i'm going to try again!

Hope you got accepted as a trainee *fingers crossed* bet you deserve it!

Anywho.. thanks again, and don't forget to post 'bout your experience :3

HWAITING! 

Thanks a bunch! :) and will do haha a bit nervous.. ㅋㅋ

i also want to know what happens if u pass the online audition?

Do they send you a e-mail? or do they call?

How many rounds there are before becoming a trainee ?

Can someone explain to me each round in details hehee ^^ , where is the location? Is there like 500+ people that make it to the second round? (O.O since there r so many ppl out there lol )

If luckily enough, you get to the second round, do they ask you to fly to Korea and see them ...(within a week? , or do u need to wait another 2 months? )

mm well I got my notification through email... One day for some reason I thought looking through my spam message would entertain me and I found a message from the casting manager.. CHECK SPAMMMM, or just keep looking on their youtube channel~ I'm scheduled to meet them in Korea this december~ I think this is actually the last round (2nd round) because they want you to go to their headquarters and actually audition or maybe even a meeting? for the second round. And yeah, they asked me to fly to Korea!!

And I don't think there are many that passed.. yet. it's going to keep going for a while I think. It's cheaper than to pay for judges and their plane/hotel tickets. But the winners are posted up on their youtube channel~ Hope this helps!

Guest smileycenter

Thanks a bunch! :) and will do haha a bit nervous.. ㅋㅋ

mm well I got my notification through email... One day for some reason I thought looking through my spam message would entertain me and I found a message from the casting manager.. CHECK SPAMMMM, or just keep looking on their youtube channel~ I'm scheduled to meet them in Korea this december~ I think this is actually the last round (2nd round) because they want you to go to their headquarters and actually audition or maybe even a meeting? for the second round. And yeah, they asked me to fly to Korea!!

And I don't think there are many that passed.. yet. it's going to keep going for a while I think. It's cheaper than to pay for judges and their plane/hotel tickets. But the winners are posted up on their youtube channel~ Hope this helps!

Hello,

First off, congrats (not prematurely though) and GOOD LUCK! :)

I have a few questions and if you feel that they're too personal, please feel free to not answer lol or pm me.

1. How old are you?

2. How many times did you have to audition before they took notice?

3. Most importantly...how did you get your videos to go through? I know this question has been answered a million times but i know many people still just can't get it to work -_-

Thanks so much :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lemonadeees

Hello,

First off, congrats (not prematurely though) and GOOD LUCK! :)

I have a few questions and if you feel that they're too personal, please feel free to not answer lol or pm me.

1. How old are you?

2. How many times did you have to audition before they took notice?

3. Most importantly...how did you get your videos to go through? I know this question has been answered a million times but i know many people still just can't get it to work -_-

Thanks so much :D

haha thank you!! and no it's not~

1. I'm a 91'er

2. This was actually my second or third one, but then they deleted all of my previous auditions for some reason... so I put my audition up and I guess they liked it haha

3. Actually, I didn't put a video. I put up an audio and a picture up and then they made the video themselves~ So if you're going to sing, just upload an audio and put a picture or two up~ Good luck!

Guest smileycenter

haha thank you!! and no it's not~

1. I'm a 91'er

2. This was actually my second or third one, but then they deleted all of my previous auditions for some reason... so I put my audition up and I guess they liked it haha

3. Actually, I didn't put a video. I put up an audio and a picture up and then they made the video themselves~ So if you're going to sing, just upload an audio and put a picture or two up~ Good luck!

thanks for answering. Sorry I just have one more question. After you put up your audio file, did they email you asking for more pictures or videos of you dancing? Or was the audio the only file you submitted and then they contacted you saying they're interested and you set up an audition date? Thanks. Sorry for the questions =X

Guest lemonadeees

haha don't worry~ I know how anxious everyone can get from this audition thing..

They just emailed me saying that I passed the audition and that I need to go to their center in Korea. Nothing else was asked for when I got the email~ Hope this helps! :)

thanks for answering. Sorry I just have one more question. After you put up your audio file, did they email you asking for more pictures or videos of you dancing? Or was the audio the only file you submitted and then they contacted you saying they're interested and you set up an audition date? Thanks. Sorry for the questions =X

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lemonadeees

Yes, it's still open~

If you're interested in viewing the winners, go to jyp's online audition page. The winners are posted up on there~ and that I.D. actually gets displayed as your name if you pass, so choose your nickname or your name~ haha g'luck! :)

is this still open? until now?

http://audition.jype.com/

i also checked the monthly winner's video clip, there's an old video 5th selective audition for jyp trainee (date: 2010/01/25)

how about the recent months vids?

also what should i put in the "ID" area? (while singing up)

Guest KaewNam

hey (= i wondered how long it takes to get a verification number when you first register for the online audition. Somehow I'm not even able to register hhaha. It's been almost a week since it said that a verification number will be send to me but i still didn't get anything. I already tried it twice or so. Is that normal?^^"

Guest yshelaruby

Hey Everyone!

Pasmado here! I just want to give everyone tips on JYP Online Auditions.

Tip # 1 Use Internet Explorer.

Tip # 2 Upload face front pic (headshot), upload 3/4 face pics including upper half of body, upload full body length shot

Tip #3 Make Sure you sing atleast up to 50 sec - 2 min length song to show off your vocals

Tip #4 Make sure you film your video in a room with lights! So that its clear

Tip #5 Keep your description clean and simple do not write more than 3 paragraphs about yourself

Tip#6 Foreign Auditionee: That site is useless i cant freaken upload a video

Pasmado: Is your video. . . . flv?

Foreign Auditionee: Oh woah, it worked

MAKE SURE YOUR VIDEO IS FLV format

You can only get these kinds of tips here from,

Pasmado! :)

Enjoy Everyone

ahhh..thank you soo much..I almost die not seeing my video uploaded. I almost try everything.

The .flv thingy almost kill me.

saranghaee!

Guest KaewNam

i got mine within 5 mins.

maybe you put the wrong email? try it again :)

hm i tried it several times now, even with different e-mail addresses but it still didn't work...i guess i'll just go on trying..haha

Guest yshelaruby

I tried it all the solutions above but still..

HTTP/1.1 500 internal server error...ahhhh...gosh...im dying out of too much angry...help pls...

:(