[Drama 2011] I Believe in Love / My Love, My Family 사랑을 믿어요

tiki_sg

Guest lucky_moon

This drama is so much better than the preceding one which was so frustrating even when I occasionally saw parts of it.

The sisters here feel a little juvenile though sort of charming in their own way.

It does get tiresome watching the youngest one Myung Hee whine over men since the only thing she has mainly done in the past 10 episodes has been trying rebound from being dumped, snaring and keeping a new boyfriend, as well as some jealousy over her adopted sister's place in the family.

The adopted sister Yoon Hee spent many episodes dealing with difficult situations at school by coming home crying but looks like she's slowly getting steely. The squabbles she has with Woo Jin over getting her students to resume school while he insists that he has no responsibility to do so, is hilariously like watching two kids at a playground trying to assert authority over the other. Lee Pil Mo seems to be reprising the same brash roguish character in Sons of Sol Pharmacy but this time with a baggage full of angst against his mum. That family is a total farce.

Pilmo has a really messy family no one will bear living in such a house but actually I dont get it why he isnt in a good term with his mother. I'm anticipating more Pilmo love story with the teacher as well as the elder sister and her unstable relation with her husband, she is just like her uncle who is also a mess :lol: but I dont think I'll like it when the elder brother's wife gonna have an affair after all the years he have been supported her, she deserve him with such a thing, will wait ans see. but absolutely a good drama brings back the nice time watching Sol pharmacy.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jade_frost

Pilmo has a really messy family no one will bear living in such a house but actually I dont get it why he isnt in a good term with his mother. I'm anticipating more Pilmo love story with the teacher as well as the elder sister and her unstable relation with her husband, she is just like her uncle who is also a mess :lol: but I dont think I'll like it when the elder brother's wife gonna have an affair after all the years he have been supported her, she deserve him with such a thing, will wait ans see. but absolutely a good drama brings back the nice time watching Sol pharmacy.

He resents his mother for neglecting him, for only focusing on her career, for paying someone else to bring him up. That lady is the mother of Kim Chul Soo and Chul Sook. She was never there for him but his nanny was. So he regarded her as his mother and preferred to go home to that house even though his real family lived in the neighbourhood. That was probably before relations between his parents deteriorated to its current stage.

Woo Jin and Yoon Hee are probably the most hilarious. Yoon Hee started out a little too perfect. All sunshine and sugar. The unflappable, righteous do-gooder. Then Woo Jin came along and brought out another side of her, compelling her to behave totally unlike herself. I don't think we'd have seen her jumping up and down while yelling without inhibition in a park or trading barbs with him like a girl who had her pigtails pulled by him. As for Woo Jin, I guess he's finally met a woman of his match, who'd challenge him and drive him up the wall. Don't think he's ever been left speechless before :lol:

I get the feeling that the elder brother's wife felt that she was entitled to a better lot in life than what she settled for. And I really loathe how shabbily she treated her mother and how disdainful she was of her family and background. I've not been paying close attention to the details because she makes me feel like she's wallowing in self-pity sometimes and tiresome to watch. I doubt it will develop into an affair but maybe regret that she didn't meet such a guy earlier? I don't think she'd do that to her husband.

Can you guys just answer one question:

Will I hate these characters before I fall in love with them or will they win me over first (a la Sons of Sol) before they heap on the drama?

Because, I dont really like angst-fests and I'd prefer a happy ending. If it's the former, I'll probably wait until the drama completes all it's episodes so I can just skip around to the good parts lol. (blasphemy, I know but...oh the lengths I go to for a happy ending).

Guest jade_frost

Can you guys just answer one question:

Will I hate these characters before I fall in love with them or will they win me over first (a la Sons of Sol) before they heap on the drama?

Because, I dont really like angst-fests and I'd prefer a happy ending. If it's the former, I'll probably wait until the drama completes all it's episodes so I can just skip around to the good parts lol. (blasphemy, I know but...oh the lengths I go to for a happy ending).

Since it's a family drama by the same producers as Sons of Sol, it will probably be a happy ending. The only person I'd love to hate is Woo Jin's mom since she has so few redeeming qualities but she'll get her comeuppance soon. Heh.

I don't know about falling in love with the characters. Some are fun, emotionally arresting to watch, others I feel indifferent. I love the grandmother for being such a well-read snob, her sharp tongue and interactions with her granddaughter on the right way to win a man in the game of courtship. Woo Jin because he is somewhat stunted emotionally, unrepentantly rude and outrageous (it's sort of Lee Pil Mo reprising a similar role) but roguishly charming when he sets his mind to it.

The mood has been rather light-hearted so far. Only angst is occasionally from the eldest son and wife but it's been pretty balanced so far. He's like perfect husband material and his interactions with their daughter was the cutest in the first few episodes when they just had each other and he was busy juggling work, and playing parent and disciplinarian.

But 50 episodes is helluva long.

Guest TANICOCHENG

adorn26.gif

Believe in Love rating

EP.12 Feb.06th.2011

TNmS Nationwide 24.9 Seoul 27.2

AGB   Nationwide 27.2  Seoul 28.6

EP.13 Feb.07th.2011

TNmS Nationwide 19.0 Seoul 20.2

AGB   Nationwide 21.0 Seoul 22.6

EP.14 Feb.12th.2011

TNmS Nationwide 25.8 Seoul 27.2

AGB   Nationwide 25.6  Seoul 27.0

EP.15 Feb.13th.2011

TNmS Nationwide 20.9 Seoul 21.8

AGB   Nationwide 20.4 Seoul 21.8

adorn10.gif

DRAMA lswicon381.gifS~~

1) http://www.reviewsta...ml?idxno=253050

2) http://www.newsen.co...102130820521001

adorn1.gifFM KBS & SWW

Pilmo has a really messy family no one will bear living in such a house but actually I dont get it why he isnt in a good term with his mother. I'm anticipating more Pilmo love story with the teacher as well as the elder sister and her unstable relation with her husband, she is just like her uncle who is also a mess  :lol: but I dont think I'll like it when the elder brother's wife gonna have an affair after all the years he have been supported her, she deserve him with such a thing, will wait ans see. but absolutely a good drama brings back the nice time watching Sol pharmacy.

Yeah!! i also don't like the elder brother's wife character. She 's so selfish & performing dull as well.She's not match with younger guy.Sorry for that feelings.

Guest b00kw0rm

Yeah!! i also don't like the elder brother's wife character. She 's so selfish & performing dull as well.She's not match with younger guy.Sorry for that feelings.

Me too! And I don't much care for the 3 sisters either. The adopted one is not as selfish and annoying as the other 2 but her tendency to cry at every possible moment is annoying. Not cry - more like howling - yucks!! So tiresome.

Guest DarkSmurf

Hi Everyone,

I Believe in Love Episode 16 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

I Believe In Love 1-16 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/84-i-believe-in-love-2011-episode-1-16/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Warmest Regards

DarkSmurf

PS: Sorry soompi fans, for a couple of weeks, I have not been updating the soompi site FANS on latest release. This is because the CTS project grew so rapidly in the short 2 months since it's launched, that I been kept busy with the server upgrades, making many enhancements at the site while keeping all the latest releases up-to-date. To bring about not just faster subs but also better QC edited version of the subtitle:)

Guest adikkeluangman

The drama is typical family drama and I love it. Although it annoying at some parts. I notice that from the previous drama slot they have singer/idol/music side story. I wonder which singer will make cameo in this drama.

Guest jade_frost

Lee Pil Mo is playing his character with too much exaggeration and bluster that it takes off the roguish charm that he could have had. :unsure:

I've just recently started watching this drama! The Woojin-Yunhee(?) storyline is the one that most interests me. I just saw the episode where she is drunk at the neighborhood restaurant and he blocks her in the doorway. She comes back the next morning to retrieve something she left there and he's opening the door (then a break).

Do they know each other before this incident? If they do, can someone please provide some details on how exactly they met? Maybe I am at the begining so there's not much that preceded this... I can't remember which episode I was watching as I was channel surfing and came across it.

Thanks!

Guest joicy1

Anyone tells me if that's So Ji Sub in around minute 54 of episode or just some one looks like him? I can't believe my eyes.

Guest cutietallulah

I've just recently started watching this drama! The Woojin-Yunhee(?) storyline is the one that most interests me. I just saw the episode where she is drunk at the neighborhood restaurant and he blocks her in the doorway. She comes back the next morning to retrieve something she left there and he's opening the door (then a break).

Do they know each other before this incident? If they do, can someone please provide some details on how exactly they met? Maybe I am at the begining so there's not much that preceded this... I can't remember which episode I was watching as I was channel surfing and came across it.

Thanks!

Younhee is the adopted daughter of Woojin's uncle. I think they met 10 years earlier when Younhee first came to live with her adopted family and just before Woojin went to the States. But I don't think they have recognized each other yet the day after Younhee went back to the restaurant to get her wallet.

I like Younhee and Woojin's story as well and I also think Myunghee and the soup owner's story will be as interesting. But I wish they would give the gallery owner somebody else to love instead of the daughter-in-law. It kind of scares me to think her family might break up because he's obsessed with her and it would be unfair to the eldest son after all the things he went through to make his wife happy.

Younhee is the adopted daughter of Woojin's uncle. I think they met 10 years earlier when Younhee first came to live with her adopted family and just before Woojin went to the States. But I don't think they have recognized each other yet the day after Younhee went back to the restaurant to get her wallet.

I like Younhee and Woojin's story as well and I also think Myunghee and the soup owner's story will be as interesting. But I wish they would give the gallery owner somebody else to love instead of the daughter-in-law. It kind of scares me to think her family might break up because he's obsessed with her and it would be unfair to the eldest son after all the things he went through to make his wife happy.

thanks so much for the summary!! were there any childhood skirmishes behind woojin left the US that may kickstart their relationship? their relationship is definitely the key reason why I am watching this drama.

Guest jade_frost

thanks so much for the summary!! were there any childhood skirmishes behind woojin left the US that may kickstart their relationship? their relationship is definitely the key reason why I am watching this drama.

No childhood skirmishes as they were in their late teens when they met. But there was a flashback where he recalled with fondness that one day she had come crying and insisting that she did not fart and he was mean to have laughed and accused her of it, in a sort of parallel with current day. You might have seen that already.

They might make a cute pair, but I find it tedious watching them circle round each other and repeat the same old hollering and childish taunting over the boys that they keep getting into after a while, although at times I feel that it maybe Woojin's way of interacting with Yoonhee. But better this than the eldest daughter-in-law's story arc that cutietallulah mentioned and which I just tune out of when it appears on screen.

The K-drama rule is for things to only start happening around the mid-way mark right? Anyway, it won't be easy for them to get together even if they are not related by blood because she has been adopted into the Kim family, making Yoonhee and Woojin first cousins.

No childhood skirmishes as they were in their late teens when they met. But there was a flashback where he recalled with fondness that one day she had come crying and insisting that she did not fart and he was mean to have laughed and accused her of it, in a sort of parallel with current day. You might have seen that already.

They might make a cute pair, but I find it tedious watching them circle round each other and repeat the same old hollering and childish taunting over the boys that they keep getting into after a while, although at times I feel that it maybe Woojin's way of interacting with Yoonhee. But better this than the eldest daughter-in-law's story arc that cutietallulah mentioned and which I just tune out of when it appears on screen.

The K-drama rule is for things to only start happening around the mid-way mark right? Anyway, it won't be easy for them to get together even if they are not related by blood because she has been adopted into the Kim family, making Yoonhee and Woojin first cousins.

thank you! I see, so no major skirmishes but a bad/juvenile encounter. :-P My local channel is only on episode 6 so I either missed the flashback or it will be coming soon... I agree that the woojin yoonhee storyline is a little silly but I'm hoping it'll evolve and acquire depth over time... as of now, the other storylines are kind of contrived (in my opinion) so relative to the others, I'm tuned in to this one... This drama seems to be doing well in terms of ratings - I really hope it gets better over time...

Guest DarkSmurf

Hi Everyone,

I Believe in Love Episode 17 & 18 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

I Believe In Love 1-18 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/84-i-believe-in-love-2011-episode-1-18/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Warmest Regards

DarkSmurf

Archived