Who Are The Catholic Stars?

Guest jayelae

Guest yongieee

Oooh! Kim Tae Hee just became more attractive now that I find out she is catholic ;)

lol i would agree.. but i already find her attractive to the max

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow a lot of korean stars are catholic

i'm catholic too, and i also study in a catholic school.

as others have said christian is only a way to call all the people who believe in jesus christ so catholics are christians too. but we are not a branch of christians, it is the other way most of the christians (lutherans, presbiterans etc etc) come from the catholics. they separated from the catholic church like hundred of years ago.

the main difference is that the rest of the christians don't believe in the virgin mary or the rest of the saints.

Guest makemyday

wow a lot of korean stars are catholic

i'm catholic too, and i also study in a catholic school.

as others have said christian is only a way to call all the people who believe in jesus christ so catholics are christians too. but we are not a branch of christians, it is the other way most of the christians (lutherans, presbiterans etc etc) come from the catholics. they separated from the catholic church like hundred of years ago.

the main difference is that the rest of the christians don't believe in the virgin mary or the rest of the saints.

well you cant really say that christians dont BELIEVE in the virgin mary.

they do believe in her..

they just dont put as big of an emphasis

• 4 months later...
Guest mineowyn

well you cant really say that christians dont BELIEVE in the virgin mary.

they do believe in her..

they just dont put as big of an emphasis

Yes, that's the only main difference I think. Both of them don't really in a technical sense "worship Mary or the other saints" it's just Catholics place a bigger emphasis on Mary and the other saints. That was what my mom told me when I was young heh.

Anyway I don't get what's the big difference between the Christian sects? Like what's the difference betweeen Protestant and Presbyterian? Why did the Protestants and the Catholics fight and go to war with each other? Seems a bit foolish isn't it when you're supposed to be one big family?

Anyway, besides Catholic Korean stars anyone know Korean stars who are Buddhists?

Guest boda

okai.... for the people that are saying that most of the korean popualtion is "christian".... well guess what the definition of christian

Chris·tian

1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.

3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.

4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.

5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.

1. One who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or follows the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.

2. One who lives according to the teachings of Jesus.

and the definition for catholics

cath·o·lic

1. Of broad or liberal scope; comprehensive: “The 100-odd pages of formulas and constants are surely the most catholic to be found” (Scientific American).

2. Including or concerning all humankind; universal: “what was of catholic rather than national interest” (J.A. Froude).

3. Catholic

1. Of or involving the Roman Catholic Church.

2. Of or relating to the universal Christian church.

3. Of or relating to the ancient undivided Christian church.

4. Of or relating to those churches that have claimed to be representatives of the ancient undivided church.

A member of a Catholic church, especially a Roman Catholic.

but anyways, it is good to know that there are a lot of catholics in the korean entertainment

Guest mnel01

hmmm... is lee jun ki catholic? coz i believe his grandmother was a devout catholic and she raised him up, so does it follow then? :)

i am a catholic. if you are a member of the catholic church, that is the roman catholic church, then you are a catholic.

the term is christian is rather broad. the beliefs are the basically the same, meaning both christians and catholics believe in God and Jesus Christ but there is some differences regarding our beliefs in Mary, the saints and some rites and rituals (such as confession). i hope i was able to contribute here. :)

Wow I didn't know there were so many Catholic Korean stars. Nice to hear that. :)

Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics.

And since Christianity includes a very broad range of people, I will be referring to the Born Again Christians to make the differentiation. I have BAC friends, and I notice that they do not make the sign of the cross. They also do not have or believe in memorized prayers, nor do they use the rosary. I guess there's a difference with the sacraments too, cause my friends don't take the communion or go to confession. My friend told me that they do not believe in Saints, nor the veneration of Mother Mary because they consider it as idolatry (a violation of the first commandment). I also notice that in EVERY SINGLE THING that they do, they always put God into consideration first. Most of the time (if not all), they wouldn't want to marry non-Christians (or BAC). God first, and then the relationship and everything else. Something like that.

I am Catholic and personally, some of their thinking clashes in what I believe in. But people have their own beliefs and I respect theirs. :)

Guest tea tea

im a Catholic, but i do not worship Virgin Mary or any Saint... I only gives them respect... the 1st commander is Do Not worship any other goddess or saints but GOD only!!!

Guest xingjing

Okay. *takes deep breath and pulls out a book and puts on glasses*

First I'd like to address the "no-religion" = "free-thinker" thing. I mean, it just means that you do not believe in a god. Which is, in a way, a free-thinker. You do not necessarily have to be atheist, which is the refusal to believe in a god. You could also be what is called, agnostic, where you are indifferent about the belief in a god. Which is, actually, what I am. But that's besides the point.

Also, Christians includes everybody who believes in God and Jesus. Different from the Jews, who don't believe Jesus was the Messiah and different from the Muslims, who also believe in Muhammed the Prophet. Christians include the group of Protestants and Catholics as well as a multitude of other religions, such as Eastern Orthodox Church, etc.

However, there is a VERY distinct difference between Protestants and Catholics.

Catholics also accept the leadership of the pope. In other words, they believe in this apostlic succession, where there is a pope. Protestants don't agree with that. Catholics believe that the authority is stated in the scripture and also from tradition. However, the Protestants do not believe that; they only believe authority is from the scripture. For Catholics, the Bible includes the apocrypha whereas for the Protestants, the apocrypha is excluded. Also, the Catholics put more emphasis on Church whereas Protestants believe that God saves anyone He chooses or anyone with proper faith regardless of church membership. Purgatory is affirmed by Catholics and denied by Protestants. Prayer to saints is accepted by Catholics while it is rejected by Protestants.

There are a lot of other distinctions. I won't go into detail with all of them.

I 've read the profile of Kim Rae Won, yea.... he is Catholic. =))

and I thought there're more people believe in christianity in Korea?

christianity is the main big thing

so all believers in christ is CHRISTIAN.

catholic and protestant religions are the big main parts of it [well technically protestantism is from catholicism] (there are also eastern orthodox, etc). then from the protestant religion there are lots of other sects. so many ppl think catholic is one religion and christianity is another. i wish someone would just one day clear this misconception from everyones head. if ur not catholic then ur usually protestant which is presb, lutheran, etc etc im not sure if methodist is protestant but its not catholic.

Guest boda

xingjing!!!!! OMG!!! i just love your explaination!!!

it makes me so mad when couple of my protestants say that they are christian... but hello so am i!!!! its like they think christianity is totally different from catholism!!!!!

just look those two words up in the dictionary and see what it says.... geezs!!!

Guest tenshiii0ox

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, in a way we are all Christian, and anyone who believed in God is in a way believe in Jewism?(what is that religion call again, Inoe is not Jewism; Judism?) b/c Jesus was a Jew

No. Majority of the Jewish population aren't Christians. They believe that Jesus was just another teacher, and are still waiting for the Messiah. Christians aren't Catholics, but Catholics are Christians. :) Eric, Andy, Junjin, and Dongwan are Protestants/Christians. I recently heard that Hyesung's a Christian now.

sPark, Methodists aren't Protestants. Hope that clears it up. :)

Guest saranghaeB

So Song Seung Hun n Son Ye Jin r christians 2..??

Ahhh.. though i'm not a catholic but yea i'm a christian.. 2 me catholics r christians as well, so r protestants.. So we're all the children of CHRIST isn't it.. :)

i don't think that there are more catholic stars than protestants. if you start listing the protestants there are just as many. i read that the majority of people in Korea are protestants. Is this true? Catholics and Protestants have similar beliefs. Only that Catholics pray to the Virgin Mary because she's mother of God (Jesus). Protestants believe in Jesus. You can only get to Heaven thru Jesus. Mary may be the mother of Jesus but we don't worship her or pray to her. Protestants consists of a lot of denominations such as Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc.

from what i was taught (being a person who went to a Catholic school), Catholism is a branch of Christianity. so when you're Catholic, you're also Christian, but not all Christians are Catholics. some may be Baptist or Protestant or some other religion that are branches of Christianity. there are multiple religions that fall under the category of Christianity but i'm not exactly sure which ones. i think Christianity is more of a general term for people who have the same basic beliefs (ex. there's one God, the Virgin Mary, etc.)

hope this makes sense and helps :)

^Yeah.

And also, I heard that catholics and protestants, used to be one, but one of the king wanted a divorce, but the religion didn't allow it, so he branched out and alter to another form of christianity... Well, that's how the dividing started.

I'm not too sure about this, but some article stated that Lee Jun Ki is catholic.. however, some people claim that he's christian. So I don't know.

Archived