[Scheduled Maintenance] Soompi Light/Evolution Mode Themes will be temporarily offline from 14:00 EST to 20:00 EST

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jayelae

Who Are The Catholic Stars?

Guest Dahee Fanel

just out of curiosity..

anyone know what religion kang dong won and so ji sup and gongyoo are?

haha wanna take a wild guess at my favorite actors?

edit: funny. a lot of the celebrities in this list are also named on the list of "most polite celebrities" thread. :)

So Ji Sub doesn't belong to any religion.

Guest Solly

i have a question

what is the difference between catholic and christian?

lol. there is no difference because catholics ARE christians. they probably mean protestants (baptists, presbytarians, etc.). :P

Guest kaotsun

hmmmm....

MICKY

U-KNO

XIAH

hahaz...i onli kno dbsg ones lol...

and mayb

WONBIN

JUNJIN?

ANDY?

ERIC?

*the differences vetween CATHOLIC n CHRISTIAN is dat CATHOLIC believe and pray for VIRGIN MARY but for CHRISTIAN is only for JESUS himself~ hope dat dis help u :)

Guest badz

LEE DA HAE AND GO SOO ARE BOTH CHRISTIANS!! YAHOO!!

Guest gbk

*the differences vetween CATHOLIC n CHRISTIAN is dat CATHOLIC believe and pray for VIRGIN MARY but for CHRISTIAN is only for JESUS himself~ hope dat dis help u :)

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard :blink: Catholics don't only pray for Virgin Mary, but for Jesus as well, you can also add saints to that list as well.

Guest sunshine4ever

hmmmm....

MICKY

U-KNO

XIAH

and mayb

WONBIN

JUNJIN?

ANDY?

ERIC?

Catholics believe that Jesus is God and Mary is mother of Jesus (thus making her mother of God). We pray to her, but we don't worship her as goddess. As for Protestants, they don't pray to Mary or any saints. Catholics pray to Mary and saints, but Catholics are Christians.

Wow, so many stars are Catholics!!! Bae Young Joon is Catholic? You guys sure, err, if he is, he shouldn't be doing movies over 18+...that's not a good portrayal of a Catholic.

This has got to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard :blink: Catholics don't only pray for Virgin Mary, but for Jesus as well, you can also add saints to that list as well.

lol, i think he/she means that Catholics also pray to Mary? maybe that person missed out the "also" :lol:

Guest vpower

i have a question

what is the difference between catholic and christian?

from what i was taught (being a person who went to a Catholic school), Catholism is a branch of Christianity. so when you're Catholic, you're also Christian, but not all Christians are Catholics. some may be Baptist or Protestant or some other religion that are branches of Christianity. there are multiple religions that fall under the category of Christianity but i'm not exactly sure which ones. i think Christianity is more of a general term for people who have the same basic beliefs (ex. there's one God, the Virgin Mary, etc.)

hope this makes sense and helps :)

Guest jingjuna

some people posted shinhwa

but shinhwa is christian

Guest obbsaran

Kim rae won oppah is Catholic, his family too.. ^.^^

* i think Catholics follows more rituals, Christians are more practical in real life...

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Almost all of my fave actors & actresses are Catholics!!! I'm so happy that we have the same religion!!! :)

Guest lunagal

I think that Han Chae Young is also catholic

Guest kYuNSiLu

So Ji Sub doesn't belong to any religion.

So Ji-Sup's a free-thinker?

kwon sang woo - francisco (catholic name)

awesome~ that's my brother's name and mines franciscA aha

WOOT~ GO CATHOLICS<3

i do agree, its suprising to find out that many celebrities are catholics ^^

from what i was taught (being a person who went to a Catholic school), Catholism is a branch of Christianity. so when you're Catholic, you're also Christian, but not all Christians are Catholics. some may be Baptist or Protestant or some other religion that are branches of Christianity. there are multiple religions that fall under the category of Christianity but i'm not exactly sure which ones. i think Christianity is more of a general term for people who have the same basic beliefs (ex. there's one God, the Virgin Mary, etc.)

hope this makes sense and helps :)

yeah exactly what you said

and catholicism was the original thing for the whole branch of christianity...

and from catholicism... ppl started to break apart and created more diff types [lutherans, presbyterian (sp?), anabaptists, gosht ehre are hundreds more but i can't seem to remember...)

Guest loving_D

hmmmm....

MICKY

U-KNO

XIAH

and mayb

WONBIN

JUNJIN?

ANDY?

ERIC?

some people posted shinhwa

but shinhwa is christian

yup. junjin, andy, dongwan, and eric are all christian. minwoo and hyesung arent...i think.

Guest Zi Yan

is Ha Ji Won catholic?

Guest Choi Ji Woo

So Ji-Sup's a free-thinker?

nope, So Ji Sup's an ATHEIST..if you've studied philosophy, an ATHEIST is defined as an individual who doesn't believe in any religion or sect..hope I've helped you in some way..ATHEIST is the appropriate term..

Guest mybutts0nfire

just for future reference,

catholics ARE christian.

catholics DO NOT worship mary, nor do they worship saints.

Guest phunatik

just for future reference,

catholics ARE christian.

catholics DO NOT worship mary, nor do they worship saints.

hi! i think thats the opposite, christians are the ones who happen to be a "SECT" or a "PART" of Catholicism..catcholics do not worship mary nor saints, it is being taught in the Roman Catholic world that we do no worship saints nor mary - they act as intercessors for our prayers..:):wub:

hope that helps...:)

Guest swtchunsa

BoA

s catholic =)

Guest babygurldoc

It's cool that so many actors n actresses are Catholic, even if they werent I would still love them.

From what I'd learned in Catholic School. The difference b/w Catholic n Christianity is that Catholics do believe in Mary as the Mother of Jesus, n therefore the mother of God,the son. Christian do have Mary in many of their "kinh" or prayer? but they only sees her as the woman who gave birth to Jesus, they dont worship her as Catholic do. Catholics do look up and pray to Mary and Saints.

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity, in a way we are all Christian, and anyone who believed in God is in a way believe in Jewism?(what is that religion call again, Inoe is not Jewism; Judism?) b/c Jesus was a Jew

Im not sure if this make sense, but that was what I learned in Catholic School