Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jayelae

Who Are The Catholic Stars?

Guest studentgirl87

Christianity is believing in Jesus Christ. so catholics are christians but not all christians are catholics.

Maybe a picture will help for some ^_^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ChristianityBranches.svg

it's just like that square thing - a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square.

I do see your point, but I don't think that diagram should be literally interpreted. First of all, there is a reason there are so many different branches that have stemmed from "Christianity," with the reason usually being differences in interpretations of the scripture. With that in mind, it is not accurate to say that "catholics are christians, but not all christians are catholics," because there are differences.

The trivial differences such as ceremonial practices, christenings of catholic names, etc. are not so significant, but the main question to ask of is one's conviction of salvation. If you look in the Bible, it all points to one subject: Jesus Christ-- even the rules and commandments emphasize Christ's purpose.

ANOTHER edit:---

ok guys i just read MORE of the posts before mine, and i realized that the question i asked, and the question this thread first strate dwith cant be properly answered.

the media has its way of twisting the truth, even in the littlist ways.

i just read in this thread that one artist is buddhist, and then christian, then catholic....

then i read that another celebrity is athiest, protestant, catholic, and buddhist.

nobody will know for sure unless they are the celebrity themselves, or if they know the celebrity personally. (or maybe you have a vid of them saying it on tv).

An accurate source, in my opinion, is the official site of these stars. They are usually co-run with the stars themselves, and you can tell this because the stars leave messages to their fans. So they are usually a good source for the most recent news.

Guest chin_ai22

I'm a proud catholic too! Wished SHK is a catholic... but she's not... doesn't matter, she's still a christian!

shk is not a catholic? aww. anyway is BI a catholic?

If Joo Jin Mo in the picture is wearing a rosary.. he is definitely a Catholic like me!

My oppa Lee Dong Wook, Wookie is a Christian... I am sure of that!

Guest studentgirl87

World-renowned Figure Skater Kim Yuna is Catholic too, she's always seen wearing a rosary ring and her baptismal name is Stella.

i think eugene is also a catholic... am i right?

Eugene is Christian; if you look up her official profile it says her religion is "Christianity."

No they are Christian. cuss i saw them in the Christian news helping out kids in the homeless area

Kim Tae Hee's family is Catholic- she even participated in an album last year for the official catholic church in Seoul. Her baptismal name is Verda.

Could somebody please tell me!

Anyone knows? Is Lee Soo Young catholic? :)

Lee Soo Young is Christian

Guest jian1804

Catholics are Christians or Christians are Catholics, the thing is that we believe in the same God but in different views and understandings of faith. I am a proud Roman Catholic but I do not believe that there is something to argue about Christians and Catholic faith for as long as we respect each other and make God as the center of our lives. be cool and just chill out!biggrin.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif

Omg for the last time we Catholics ARE christian. You say that there are differences in practices, which is why almost any other Christian religion is called PROTESTANT because they PROTEST the teachings of the catholic faith. Catholics are Christian. They were the first Christians, and that is NOT my opinion, but a fact.Kim tae hee is Catholic. SHe was even on the cover of a catholic magazine in church praying, pre-debut as an actress so it wasn`t from a movie or anything.Ryeowook is Catholic too, and TaeMin from SHINee is Catholic.Also.... I hear Minzy from 2NE1 is a Roman Catholic, as well as Dara.

Guest eeldeerlove

Han Hyo Joo is a Roman Catholic too. Her baptismal name is Agnes. :)

Guest darknighttaengoo

kim tae hee

Guest charliew

Kim Hyun Joong is a catholic too.. his baptist name is Raphael  O:-)

Guest kikiteka

I know this is a conversation that has taken place over several years, but for any future readers let me help clarify something: Of course Catholics are Christian. Once upon a time the only Christians were Catholic, then the reformation happened, and now there are many different ways to be Christian.  Many poorly informed denominations believe, erroneously, that Catholics ask Mary and the Saints to answer their prayers.  That is why they say that Catholics are not Christian.  No.  Catholics believe only God can answer prayers.  Catholics venerate Mary, Catholics venerate the Saints.  What does that mean?  It means they are our faith role models.  They believed.  When Catholics say the Hail Mary, we are asking Mary, who we believe is in heaven, to pray for us.  We believe that just because you are no longer here, it doesn't mean you can't pray.  We pray here, we ask family, friends, and community to pray here, and we ask Mary and the Saints to pray there.  Basically, Catholics like to cover all of our prayer bases.  Why all the statues?  We like visual aids. For real, that's what they're for.  I believe the best illustration I have of this was from someone who was not Catholic, but Baptist.  He didn't understand what venerating meant either, but one day I heard him ask his grandmother to pray for him.  Later I asked him why.  He said because she was a very Christian woman and he felt she had a special relationship to God and faith.  I jumped up and down and said, "Exactly!  Exactly!  That's it!  That's how Catholics see Mary!"  So I hope this little post can help clear up any future misunderstandings and confusion for future readers.
Also: Gong Yoo...raised Catholic (have no idea if he is practicing though) 

Gong Yoo! Gong Yoo! Gong Yoo! But currently not attending church. hahahaha

Guest laptopfullcare

Kim Tae Hee just became more attractive

Guest seominnie

Isn't SHINee Taemin a catholic too? Amd Rain?

Guest sengnan13

Omg for the last time we Catholics ARE christian. You say that there are differences in practices' date=' which is why almost any other Christian religion is called PROTESTANT because they PROTEST the teachings of the catholic faith. Catholics are Christian. They were the first Christians, and that is NOT my opinion, but a fact.Kim tae hee is Catholic. SHe was even on the cover of a catholic magazine in church praying, pre-debut as an actress so it wasn`t from a movie or anything.Ryeowook is Catholic too, and TaeMin from SHINee is Catholic.Also.... I hear Minzy from 2NE1 is a Roman Catholic, as well as Dara.[/quote']

Da ra is not catholic. She has no relegion. Rain is

not even a christian. Why need to know celebrities' religion. I wonder why?

Guest haruno_xiah

If I'm not mistaken, Kim Junsu is a Christian. But Kim Jaejoong or  Park Yoo Chun Catholic?

Guest eeldeerlove

class="title_sec" style="line-height:34px;"Catholic celebrities sing for the pope

More than 20 A-list celebrities gathered at Seoul’s Myeongdong Cathedral last month sing in a music video for Pope Francis, who’s due to visit here next month. The video was released Monday.

The single “Koinonia” celebrates the Holy Father’s Aug. 14-18 visit to Korea. The title is the Greek word for fellowship, sharing in common and communion.

“So many people live just for themselves. If more people prayed for others, the world would be a better place to live,” Noh Young-sim, the song’s composer and lyricist, said at a press conference at the cathedral on Monday. 

“I thought that if we united in praying for others (through this song), it would be the most beautiful flower bouquet that we could give to the pope when he arrives,” she added.

Among those who participated in the event were actress Kim Tae-hee from KBS TV drama “Iris,” actor Kim Woo-bin from SBS’ “The Heirs,” actress Kim Ha-neul from SBS’ series “A Gentleman’s Dignity” and singer Bada.

“The song carries our hope that the pope’s visit will bring joy to all of Korea, beyond religious differences,” actor Ahn Sung-ki, who organized the event, said at the press conference. “Surprisingly, many (stars) were willing to participate, although some couldn’t make it because of their schedules.”

Won Dong-youn, executive producer of Realies Pictures, whose works include “Masquerade” (2012), directed the music video.

Won said all the stars participated pro bono.

“As a producer, it was such an extraordinary experience to work with so many stars all at once. It was easy too, because they were so willing to do this, considering it a true honor to be part of it,” he said.

Noh and Won plan to release different versions of the song and new videos in the coming weeks. The song will be used in various events during the pope’s visit here, including the beatification of 124 Korean Martyrs at Gwanghwamun, Seoul, the Preparatory Committee for the Visitation of the Holy Father said.

The preparation committee said during the Monday press conference that it is in contact with North Korean authorities about inviting North Korean believers to the Mass in Seoul to be presided over by the pope.

“We’ve invited around 10 North Koreans to participate in the event. We expect an answer by early August,” Rev. Mattias Hur Young-yup, a spokesperson for the committee, said.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140707000822

It is really interesting to see Catholic Korean stars. I've always been curious as to who are sharing the same faith.