Who Are The Catholic Stars?

Guest jayelae

Guest miyawoks

can't help but wonder why people are soooo defensive about having a certain religion...

i don't think this is the right venue to debate about God and how catholics are the same with christians, and that there's nothing wrong with being of a different religion...

i mean, the only question in this thread is who are the catholic people among korean stars... can't the person who asked this question be curious and just wonder about it.. rather than hear about so many opinions about religion?

religion is a tricky topic to debate on...

just my two cents...

and thanks for the info about all those artists who are catholic...

i knew that lee dong geun was, but i never knew the rest of the people mentioned here were...

very interesting to know ^_^

hmmm although i think there are more christians in korea than catholics...

i mean, most of the korean churches i see are christian ones...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jadeacl

wow i read through about 5-6pages then stopped because people are SO RETARDED.

how many times must it be said.

catholics do not worship the virgin mary. we merely honour her. end of story. i hate seeing the word worhip and virgin mary even near each other cause people are so misinformed. seriously man...just listen to the words in the prayer. ...pray for us oh holy mother of God... the damn prayer is asking her to pray for us, just as you would ask your friend to pray for you if you were going through troubles.

but damn..son yejin and boa catholic..hot damn

I believe the word we're looking for is venerate, which means to treat someone or something with deep respect or reverence. As Catholics, we venerate Mother Mary, whom we believe to be sinless and therefore an important intercessor for our prayers. We definitely are not taught to worship her. We revere her. There is a huge difference.

My curiosity about the actual population/breakdown of Catholics in Asia was peaked after the death of Pope Jean-Paul II, when it was apparent that such a man of peace had obviously touched many hearts. I remember being surprised that Korea had such a high number. Genuine surprise, no other sentiment attached. Then I started noticing that many of the K dramas and movies do indeed have Catholic characters or at least characters who go to Catholic church. Including "Crazy For You" to which I'm hooked...although I wish it could be LESS sad!

wow so many people are catholic.

well im a christian and i was brought up and to me there is a difference between catholics and christians. so although some people here say that catholics are christians, i dont think that way. and i thought eric of shinhwa was chrisitian, not catholic

Guest john_anderton

wat about my mentor :lol:captain min ...

mr. ji jin hee??

he has dis necklace with a cross pendant.. (dunno if he's just wearin it as accessory)

Guest tuna_madunna

A member raised a question if Bi is a Christian/Catholic but the question wasn't answered.

I'm curious too so I'll ask it again :sweatingbullets:Is he?

Guest puppyiz

Greetings to all fellow Catholics, Non- Catholics, Atheists, Hindus, Muslimins & Buddhists

(apologies if I have missed out other religions)

zzm15zz8.jpg

My turn to be curious,now since JOO JIN MO is wearing a Rosary in this picture ~

anyone pls share & confirm whether he is a Catholic ??

Thanks ...& peace be with to ALL !!

Guest TY_KSW

huhuhu :(( No one is Christian? :( Kwon Sang Woo is Catholic? :-O

Yes.. Tweety !!

Kwon Sang Woo is Catholic :rolleyes:

We admire and love them for their real person and talent not for religion, right...

Buddhist, Christian, Catholist or Muslim... love is no discrimination .. right?

Guest kris_argee

wow, didn't know that there are many Catholic stars.

Catholics are Christians too because we believe in Jesus Christ.

Guest loracnahc

wow so many people are catholic.

well im a christian and i was brought up and to me there is a difference between catholics and christians. so although some people here say that catholics are christians, i dont think that way. and i thought eric of shinhwa was chrisitian, not catholic

i totally agree. although there are many similarities, there are some core principles that are quite different between catholisism and christianity. just my two cents. :unsure:

Guest VoxiVoxi

Christian are divided into 2 group, Protestant and Catholic... Catholic believe that Mary is holy mother because she born jesus...but Protestant doesn't believe so, in the Holy bible, it says that Mary was engage with Joseph but then she found a child in her stomach with a holy spirit..Joseph did not want to expose her to the public so he decide to divorce with her privately..But God tell one of his angel to appear in his dream and say that do not divorce with mary because the baby will save people from their sins..Name him Jesus!

ummm.. i think there are lots of korean stars are christian but i dunno who are catholic. Well I am a protestant.

• 1 month later...

Archived