[Movie 2011] Eerie (Chilling) Romance 오싹한 연애

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest farstrep

SCENE CHANGE

The camera pans across framed photos of a little girl at various ages and family photos, as we hear a conversation. "Daughter, happy birthday! I'm sending you a present."
"What is it?"
"Your husband." LOL
Mum says that she has signed her up with a matchmaking agency so she must attend.

Now we see her with a lighted birthday cake on a table with a huge teddy bear sitting opposite her. She blows out the candles and laments why her mother would do that.

She sits and practically gorges herself with cake (it's white icing with strawberries on top) as her mother proceeds with small talk, asking about work etc. Now we see that she isn't actually talking, so she must be remembering her conversation with her mum while she eats.

1479683C4FF598C5186E09
credits: tistory.com

She says it is just work and asks how are things over there. Mum says everything is good, the air and the people too. She describes how pretty it is there, with shrubbery, snow, the full moon.

As mum talks we see a cake half eaten, and the camera pans toward... a tent! A lighted tent in the living room. A silhouette of a person in the tent holding a phone to her ear, as mum continues that it would be good if she could come join her there.

134B184C4F61F1ED12B55B

144B184C4F61F1ED13C761

Mum's voice breaks and she starts to cry. "I'm so sorry, my darling. How come you have to be like this... and your sister..." And there are other voices telling off mum for crying.

She tries to assure mum that she is alright, and that she has company at work. They are always having gatherings, she says (which you don't go to, remember?) And her friends. She mentions her friend Min-Jung who mum has met, and tries to reassure her sobbing mum.

Mum is sobbing and saying that abandoning her daughter just like that, is that ok? SG's face changes as mum says this. And mum apologises again.

Another voice is telling mum not to be like this, then addresses SG as Unni and says they're hanging up. She tells her to take good care of mum, to which little sister answers that she knows irritably. They hang up.

SG looks at her phone for a moment, then lets out a little sob as she stares out into nothingness.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh I don't know about you girls, but I can never pig-out on half a cake like that! Same goes to chocolate blocks.
Ooohhh~ I forgot I still have peanut butter chocolate in the fridge and an unopened Fererro Rocher.
Do you girls want some? :D

The tent looks pretty by sight too, but wouldn't it be too cold during winter?
Or they have things like kotatsu like the Japanese? Hmmm...
It looks cool, but it doesn't look too comfortable to sleep on the ground.

Guest myphim

iFjx2cEQ3tL8a.gif

Of course I have to make a gif of her drinking from the bottle.
Let's drink our soju while YR drinks her champagne. :))

Guest Hanjae

@awesomeduck
That cake does look REALLY good! But like @sia3 I can't imagine actually pigging out on a whole cake like that, LOL. At most I'd take a slice or two - anymore and I feel like I'm going to die from ingesting too much fat and sugar.

@sia3
Omg, you STILL have that peanut butter chocolate? =)) You need to finish it off!

Guest Gukja1430292028

LOL @sia3You've spoiled me with all the awesome yet hilarious commercials during Faith recap, so I was just thinking how funny your commercial would have been here, :)) Maybe it'll make the magician go even more ga-ga over YR. :))
Hi and Bye @azzurri :-hGood luck and hope everything is okay with the family. Thank you for your wonderful recap. :-*
Omo she chugs down that bottle the way I do. :)Let me join here too... :))ipaEekKoNAKvH.gif

Credit: @myphim :D

Guest arch00

@myphim, @farstrep and @bobsavero sorry guys couldn't watch this movie together >:D< >:D<

Every time I watch this movie, I get swooned by Lee Min Ki :\"> :\"> :\">

Will stalk this thread in between to get his doses :D:D

Guest farstrep

@arch00: It's a pity you can't join us this time round. Do check out the entire thread after work. You will have a blast reading it. See you around. :-h

@azzurri: See you later. Don't worry about your recaps. It's in safe hands. :P

Guest myphim

iVn8b4i7f6iXy.gif

Next day at work, YR was caught eating by herself, so she hid from sight. :))

@awesomeduck   There you are as a guest star. :))  I see many Ducky Ducky. :))

yeorihearssomething23_zps62e588aa.jpgThis scene is right after the phone-call scene she had with her mother. She wakes up from what is a nightmare and suspects something is with her, within her house or outside of where she is. I knew something was going to pop-out! This is where I am pulled back into the reality that this movie is also a horror genre, which meant it would have some scary aspects. This was the first scene that scared the shitzo out of me. I had forgotten it was a horror movie too  until this scene. Thank goodness I was watching this scene at night so I couldn't really see what she saw when the tent unzip itself. I am sure the tent unzipped itself! Scary! However, I was relieved for a while even though the music bang out loud. But then boom! two girls pop out (trust me, the moment I saw them standing in front of her, I instantly scrolled my computer screen down so I wouldn't have to face those two girls) and scares the shitzo out of me!  I am glad it’s because the ghosts needed her help. This horror sequence reminds me of a Thai lakorn I have seen mixed with an older drama call ‘Tru Calling’
This is the scene at which the two girls needed Yeo-ri's help on. We find out that the two girls who came to Yeo-ri's house needed her help in reporting an accident which killed the two girls.atrafficaccident24_zps026c640b.jpg

Guest farstrep

NEXT SCENE - THE TENT

SG is asleep inside her tent when she wakes up. She looks around fearfully, then ever so slowly unzips the window of her tent to peer out into the darkness of her home. She closes the window, and then sees the tent door being unzipped, and two ghostly figures looking like a Mongolian father and daughter stands inside her tent with her.

NEXT SCENE

She is standing outside on the roadside in the rain holding an orange umbrella. As a bus drives past, she looks down and there is a chalk outline of two figures on the road right beside the zebra crossing.

She is in a phone booth and she reports an accident.No she did not witness it, she says. She only heard about it.

183518404FF598C51378C9

Guest Anomalous

Wah, the two ghost were scary popping out like that at me. :((  I was not prepared to see them in her tent at all. :((

Guest arch00

@arch00: It's a pity you can't join us this time round. Do check out the entire thread after work. You will have a blast reading it. See you around. :-h

@farstrep i am now already stalking from work :D:D

I think I will swoon :\"> :\">

Archived