[Movie 2011] Eerie (Chilling) Romance 오싹한 연애

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest myphim

@Hanjae and @awesomeduck

You both were guest star in Chilling Romance. :))

ipwTKbr8YruDB.jpeg

iCB9ivPipwD0U.jpg

So close to Lee Min Ki, did you pinch pinch? :))

Guest Gukja1430292028

@sia3Wow..that mini honey lemon cheese cake looks yummy. =P~I'll take a few, since it's so small. :PThank you much Sia. :-*
So, first time for me here. I'm watching the movie live, so do I ping pong in order to comment here and look at screencaps/gifs from @myphim plus read comments from @vangsweetie637 @azzurri? :-?  Not sure how this should be done.  OMG...does that mean I'm going to fall behind again? :(

Guest farstrep

Spellbound/Chilling Romance starring Lee Min Ki and Son Ye Jin
- written by @azzurri

Story opens with LMK relating his work as a street magician in South Korea. He describes how all prominent magicians had a signature act and he was still looking for one.

One day he sees a strange girl watching his show. She looks morose, with pale skin and long black hair that seems to be plastered to the sides of her face. Despite how funny it was she did not laugh, he observed. Her demeanour was reserved and secretive. As she left his show, he felt compelled to follow her.

He follows her into a dark alley, and he is intrigued. She pauses as a door opens, and he suddenly has a light bulb moment. His signature act - Ma-Joo-Goo signature act, he thinks to himself, as ideas begin to form to his delight. Suddenly she turns her face to look at him sinisterly, but he decided to muster his courage and approach her.

From that moment, they become a team performance, he says. And his magic? Became crazy popular.

title0_zps61d4a0cf.jpg

Credits roll to show the movie title "Spellbound/Chilling Romance" and the scene cuts to a large ornate wardrobe with lightning crashing all around it.

Guest Anomalous

Hi gals. I'm sorry I'm late, but I'm here now for swooning duty. Are we starting? I will watch it live again. :))

Alright. I think we are starting now, so I am going to post up my CM now. Enjoy gals ;)
openingact1_zps0b52c247.jpg
This movie starts with an opening scene of a magic show. Our main lead, Ma Jo-Goo is the magician. I think it is interesting that Lee Min Ki plays the role of a magician in this movie. Magicians have always been my childhood intrigue. Their tricks made my mind think of how things could be done right before the eyes, not knowing how it happened. 

firstmagictrick2_zpsc1371de7.jpgThe tricks shown on stage is of course the cliché one: disappearing under the cloak, changing clothes, etc. I am glad even Jo-Goo admits this! I like the voice over on this part. I like the point that was made on the girl who is different from the whole audience. This is the beginning of the eerie atmosphere and sets the tone for all of us. The essence of this 'strange' girl is the beginning of the strangeness that we will soon delve into.

Guest Hanjae

@myphim
Lee Min Ki's too thin, there's nothing to pinch pinch. =))

@awesomeduck ducky, are we connected by fate? We both appeared on Park Chul Min's sweaters, LOL.

Guest Gukja1430292028

LOL @myphimOmo.. So @Hanjae and @awesomeduck already met each other? ;))All that talk about signals last night had me thinking that you gals will be meeting for the first time at the CN Blue concert. :))  
Edit: Hi @Anomalous :-hGlad you could join us. :D

Guest Anomalous

Oh, Yuri is very creepy. Is she a ghost? Sorry, I have not read any synopsis on this movie so I don't know the exact plot except for the fact that it is a horror comedy. :))

I like this pale yet sorrowful look on her face. I can see the soft glistening in her eyes. And the black that she is wearing foreshadows a kind of darkness in her life. Everyone around is smiling and applauding while she is the only one lacking this. I am more interested in why she is looking at him this way. Is it because she knows magic are only tricks or that magic is true? The supernatural is believed to be part of magic too hence, is that why she is looking at him that way? Or can it be that she appalled and saddened that everyone is enjoying the show except her? This is a very good opening to the movie. It already provides to use the tone of which the movie will be like.

appearanceoffemalelead3_zpsa285e914.jpg

After Jo-Goo and Yeo-ri makes a quick eye contact, he watches her leave the audience. And, due to his interested instinct, he follows her her into alley.

girlsindarkalleys6_zps5bee632a.jpg

Wow! Look at that cloak! or is it just a long sweater? Where can I get one? :)) I like this back-view of her. She is imaging the representation of a dark superhero. The walk to the alley reminds me of these Vampire movies I have watched, like Blade. I like the use of an alley. And I like it when the director doesn’t overuse the setting of an alley. The alley adds a sense of suspense and pushes the mysterious character forward into development. A movie is just like a book. Before it is filmed, it is written into a script. The script is specific on dialogue, setting and angle. I like how the movie instantly begins with a concentration on our main leads instead of focusing on other aspects like the music or the dialogue. 

Guest farstrep

@Anomalous: Yeo-ri is not a ghost but she can see them.

@bobsavero: I'm not sure the name they give to the magic trick but it seems to be the most basic trick all magicians must master before they move on to more challenging ones.

EDIT:
@awesomeduck: Hello! :-h Better late than never. Start your streaming now. :x

Guest myphim

iJArWraXVdoMU.gif

Seriously, why did you follow a girl into a dark alley?
BTW, is this the same wardrobe he will use in his show later?

Archived