[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

Guest mflwrs66

Sae Wa strikes again! I just watch todays episode, Ms Sae Wa is about to play the blackmail card. She is going to use the fact that she knows the idenity of Donghae's Father to her advantage, the only ones that know are her and

Mother. Now that Sae Wa and Donghae's history have been exposed , I dont see how the writers can keep the

idenity of Donghae's Father a secret much longer from DoJin/KJoon/Donghae/Anna/Hye Sook.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Can you give a summary of the conversation Hye Sook and Anna had? To that extent what did Bong Yi say in her defense?

Basically BongYi said that even though Dong-Hae came to korea because of Sae-Hwa, she was the reason why he was hit by a car and couldn't skate anymore, that after the accident, she got him in trouble with the police for destruction of public spaces, and that she schemed and lied to even get Anna on the family search show without Dong-Hae's permission. Basically, she was trying to tell Hye Sook that even if Dong-Hae had a previous relationship with SaeHwa, that it wsa she that was his own undoing that that she was/is the reason behind DoJin's situation. Pretty much trying to clear DongHae from responsibility. At least, int hsi episode, he realized he needed to take some responsibility and was going to leave on hi own accord rather than waiting to be fired or transferred by HyeSook, but I supposed love-struck BongYi wants to keep him close and rationalized why he shouldn't leave on his own accord.

After today's episode, as badly as SaeHwa wants to stay married to DoJin, why the heck would she want to remain in a marriage where the in-laws hate you? I'm actually glad she wasn't as easy to get rid of if only to get DoJin to suffer more.

The last scene, when Sae Wa moves back in to the Kim's resident, totally surprised me. I know she's hellbent on getting what she wants but I can't imagine a sane person doing such things. If I was the maid/servant I would not have let Sae Wa in at all until the matter was cleared up by my employer.

Yeah, I don't know why the maid let her in. Sae-Hwa moved in because of what TaeHoon said about how it's not easy getting a divorce when you're married. As she called her "paparazzi friend", I think she is going to set it up so that it appears they are still happily a family unit (publicly) to make it difficult for a speedy divorce to happen. There may be some legalese that I'm missing/mistranslating, so there might be a key point that I've missed in TaeHoon's dialogue.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but why do I get the impression that Sool Nyeo is putting all of her parental love into Sae Wa and by extension Do Jin being together than she with Sae Young & Tae Hoon's marriage, their children? Sool Nyeo's acting almost as bad as Sae Wa is (read: greed, monetary gains), does that make sense or am I misinterpreting her actions as of late?

The show has always made it a point of Sool Nyeo favoring SaeHwa. Sae Young keep complaining of that very fact. But I think the main drive is because she is just as greedy for the monetary/status gains that she didn't have when she was a single mother of two children.

I kind of figured Sool Nyeo was favoring Sae Wa from the beginning, just look at the story thus far it's Sae Wa, Sae Wa, Sae Wa with a sprinkle/dash of Sae Young for flavoring. Question I guess is Sool Nyeo has money, at least that's what I get from previous conversations (she owns a beauty saloon or something) but given how little "status" something like a saloon would bring a "greedy" "selfish" or "overly ambition" woman I can understand why she wants to hold on to/fight for the "pseudo" status she would gain from her daughter marrying "up" the social status ladder.

I see it kinda like DoJin's irrational complex regarding women: even though she has money now, she didn't in the past and had a hard time of it. As a result, she's always trying to get something more for herself, possibly believing she deserves it. At least this delusion is consistent with her own insanity of believing she and Pil Jae as a match made in heaven.

EDIT: I really hope they don't go through the pregnancy route. Maybe she will be diagnosed with having an ovarian cyst and will required surgery which will complicate her ability to have children. Unlike Sun Ok, I'm hoping Hye Sook won't fall into a compliant grandmother role should Sae Hwa have their grandchild. Regardless of her friend betraying her, associating with the family/man who ruined their family, and meddling with her own brother in-law, Sun Ok really hasn't gone out of her way to stop or punish Sool Nyeo. Heck she keeps letting her into their house. She should just keep the doors locked and not let her in at all.

wow...sae hwa is pretty ballsy...gotta give her some prop for going into the lion's den and stirring the nest up...

really dojin needs some as well...he keeps getting his head twisted by sae hwa so easily...and another sae hwa, dojin, and donghae moment, why does dong hae let himself get dragged into these awful situations.

hye sook was clearly a lil perturbed by how far sae hwa is pushing her luck.

KJ is the voice of reason, yet its funny he will fall apart later as soon as the news comes out he is dong hae's father. I feel sool nyeo will break the news. also she will probably get caught by piljae giving anna the money.

the end of the episode was kind of worth it...how soon is the wedding happening? 20-30episodes?

Guest sammy23

Does anyone know what  Dong hae said to Bong Yi  in  ep 62 in their home kitchen?  It looks like whatever it was made Bong Yi upset.

Karl/Dong Hae told her he cannot accept her feelings. He feels it would be wrong if he did. He is in so much debt to her family that it would not be right. He feels like it would be betraying her family's trust.

The preview was the most interesting part of the whole episode. Sometimes the previews show plots for the next few episodes. It seems KJ finally talks to Anna.

Guest sammy23

Karl/Dong Hae told her he cannot accept her feelings. He feels it would be wrong if he did. He is in so much debt to her family that it would not be right. He feels like it would be betraying her family's trust.

The preview was the most interesting part of the whole episode. Sometimes the previews show plots for the next few episodes. It seems KJ finally talks to Anna.

Thank you very much.

Poor Bong Yi.... this is sad.

oh man oh man... i hate korean dramas for being predictable...in the preview sool nyeo mentions to sae hwa if she is pregnant, that sucks.

the whole contract deals seems to make it easier for sae hwa. i just wish the whole punishment on sae hwa actually happens some time.

we might be seeing some actual dong hae and bong yi action next episode. the preview shows him actually confessing to her.

i can't wait for james to meet anna.

one thing i am most anticipating is the day dong hae is announced as heir to the hotel and do jin eats his own words. i might have to wait a long time for this one though.

today's episode was not very interesting...

maybe the BY and DH action was cute.

the next episode seems promising. the whole james and ana playing tag with each other. i hope they get to meet.

Guest lj3k99

i thought he was just telling DH to back of from talking to his father. DJ believes that DH is on a lower level than his family, therefore he should not just approach people the DH has been.

BY has accepted DH and DH reciprocated in the episode. He convinced her that he does like her, but they have to either keep it a secret. I think that was what happened. I feel like DH could kind of sweep BY off her feet, but he is being really melllow about it.

I want the whole KJ and Anna scene to happen already. After that happens, the only big plot left is when Anna and DH become super rich "haha"

today's episode was not very interesting...

I agree. The most interesting part of this episode was the sizzling samgyupsal.

I want the whole KJ and Anna scene to happen already. After that happens, the only big plot left is when Anna and DH become super rich "haha"

The most frustrating thing about daily dramas is that they drag on too much. The preview makes it look like they meet, but we all know they won't meet until another 25 episodes later. lol jk (or not)

The most frustrating thing about daily dramas is that they drag on too much. The preview makes it look like they meet, but we all know they won't meet until another 25 episodes later. lol jk (or not)

I actually love that. But it has to be done well. Like take for instance Happiness in the Wind, I found that was done well so that they met but didn't realize how connected they were until about ep 15. So I actually like that. I'm on ep 1 so far and the show is overall---not really interesting or dead boring. It's just---meh. The lead guy is uber hot----wow that smile is just---wow. Although I find the lead girl looks a bit older than him, but so does his girlfriend who I find utterly gorgeous. I hope she doesn't turn out 100% evil in the middle---because I think she's stunning.

I actually love that.  But it has to be done well.  Like take for instance Happiness in the Wind, I found that was done well so that they met but didn't realize how connected they were until about ep 15.  So I actually like that.  I'm on ep 1 so far and the show is overall---not really interesting or dead boring.  It's just---meh.  The lead guy is uber hot----wow that smile is just---wow.  Although I find the lead girl looks a bit older than him, but so does his girlfriend who I find utterly gorgeous.  I hope she doesn't turn out 100% evil in the middle---because I think she's stunning.

That's a really good point. I agree, if that's done well. But for me, the drama at this point is making me impatient because of the nonstop, repetitive bickering that's been going on for a good chunk of the episodes. ph34r.gif I can't wait to see the crazy chaoticness when everyone realizes the truth. :lol:

Archived