[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

Another boring episode.

Miss chopsticks is finally against DH now. The thin line between love and hate has been crossed.

Is SH really not pregnant? The way she faltered in the episode makes me kind of suspicious. At the same time, I love to see SH suffer from HS. I did not enjoy DJ and SH making up already.

I loved how Anna finally took some initiative. This might be what the show needs.

TH and SY storyline got a little weird. I enjoyed how they were fighting, but divorce was brought up way to easily.

Next episode might be crazy or it could just add more fuel to an eventual climax.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also getting to be a little tired of Anna as a whole, her character is just so one-dimensional, which other posters have brought up. I just find every thing she does just so unbelievable. In some instances it seems as if she's running around like a chicken without its head (I'm still not convinced on how she was able to raise Dong-hae or provide for him/herself if she seems to be this gullible/naive to those around her, she would have been eaten alive).

I wish they would phase her out of the show as it's just too tiresome. At this point, I want her to behave and do what Sae-Hwa says just so we see as little of her as possible. This character/part does very little to raise any kind of awareness, understanding or sympathy towards people of different mental faculties. Sad to say, but Anna needs a firm hand to manage her and no one is doing a good job though, arguably, Sae-Hwa is doing a more capable job than either Dong-Hae, Bong-Yi's family, or even Pil Jae.

I am equally getting tired of Anna.  Sorry to say, I have no sympathy for her.  I just feel bad for her son, BY and her family cos they wouldn't understand what is happening to her, other than that she is missing James dearly.  Why does she keep so quiet  from her trusted son.  She keeps saying SW is a bad girl, yet she trusts her so much.  No wonder the secrets are never exposed.

I am hoping SW has a terminal illness, a stomach cancer instead, a retribution to her and her mum, for being so cruel and selfish.  When she's desperately need help, she would plead for DH to lie, just to cover her many lies.  But when things are on her sides, she's so cocky.  She really deserves to be punished.  Because of her, everyone has to suffer for nothing.

When is James going to wake up?  Hope he hears the conversation between SW and Anna, so as to expose SW's lies and cruelty.

if Anna is going to be like this for the next few episodes and the show's getting boring, the rating will go downhill.

Btw, is BY putting on weight?  Her face looks 'meaty'.

finally, the fateful meeting between james and anna, and they had to make it a snowy scene. what a trip it was...

DH and BY..so kawaii :) she was like here a birthday present and **kiss**

SH and DJ..so boring yet they deserve each other. she could have had such a loving relationship too if she just owned up from the get go.

DH though BY's dad was james. that is why he effed up BY's dad bae chu truck. DH and Anna moved in after DH confessed to ruining it. James/kim joon is SH father in law.

Can someone please tell me what episode James and Anna see each other. I'm watching KBS world, I'm on episode 40. Been waiting for a long time for their reunion.

Guest sammy23

Can someone please tell me what episode James and Anna see each other. I'm watching KBS world, I'm on episode 40. Been waiting for a long time for their reunion.

They see each other for the first time on episode 66.

Sorry my mistake, it was at the end of episode 65 which they saw each other for the first time.

today's episode was lame. nothing is happening with the story line, except for the progression of BY and DH slow relationship.

The only thing to look forward to the revealing of the parentage of Anna and in lieu DH becoming the heir over DJ. Man that would be the sweet episode to watch.

usually this kind of drama in this particular timeslot will most likely give happy ending to everyone even those very characters who do crazy evil things. it's amazing the capacity to forgive & forget the main characters seem to have towards everyone who does horrible things to them. you have evil nasty mother in law get a bone marrow over birth mother, scheming 2nd wife who steal someone else's husband who suffers from amnesia during an accident but get to keep him in the end despite all her evil acts. so ... most often than not ... they dun get their just desserts.

what i think most likely will happen although i hope it won't happen that way is ... most likely DH will carry on being a famous chef in his grandparents hotel and he will leave the running/management of the hotel to his half brother DJ even though the guy was an richard simmons throughout the whole drama. not sure about HS & James & Anna relationship ... although most likely if HS/DJ gets half or the whole hotel (I suspect DH won't be fighting for the inheritance & most likely will think HS deserves to get it for all the years she devoted herself to the hotel). so maybe if HS gets to keep the hotel, Anna might get to keep James. haha.  I think DH & Anna will be happy just to have been reconciled with Anna's birth parents and finding out James was not the heartless man who ditched Anna as DH believed him to be. so ... stupid annoying SH will still get to be rich hotel owner wife.

oh boy ... how depressing. why do i still watch this drama i wonder? :lol:

Agree with you, Exupery.  DH is just too forgiving.  No matter how DJ and SW treat him, he just ignore their arrogance and evil deeds.  As SH has been treated him and Anna fairly well, he wouldn't go to an extend of revenge against DJ.  Besides, DJ is his half-brother.  Since Anna and DH can't manage the hotel, DH would definitely leave it to SH and DJ.  DJ and DH are likely to reconcile as brothers.

Anna's parents would come back from USA when SH knows about Anna and KJ's relationship, to mediate the whole matter.  That's when they find their long lost daughter, I guess.

As much as I want a happy ending for DH and BY, I don't wish for a happy ending for DJ and SW.  But to think that DJ will still own half of the hotel and SW and her mum are never punished and can still lead a good lives, I wonder too, why I want to watch it to the very end.

Beavercleaver, I think this show has more than 100 episodes.  Until now, SH has not known about Anna and KJ's relationship.  And Anna's parentage too.

BY told SH that she would protect DH from her. She accused SH of sabotaging DH chances of going on air to find his father. SH said that she would do everything she can to block him from doing so and that BY she be watching out for herself. Also BY declared to SH that she does love DH.

Guest sammy23

Ok, my korean is very poor but I think DH is still trying to find James.  Anna has found KJ and KJ knows about DH being his son but how come they don't say anything to DH?  Does this mean KJ cares more about his family or did SW say something to him or....?  And why does Anna listens to SW's mom?  I don't  understand these people... it's so frustrating.  This drama gives me a lot of stress I don't know why I'm still watching it?!!....Sorry everyone...

Well DH does not know because it seems everytime he is about to find out, something comes up. Also Anna kept listening to SW and SN because they told Anna that if she wants to see James, its through them...people have to realize that Anna is really mentally handicapped.

SW told KJ earlier that DH hates his father for abandoning him and Anna. He saw the clip where DH was on tv telling everyone how he hates his dad.

Well today's episode had a cliff hanger ending. As always SH is able to case doubt in a sure fire situation. Well i want to see how the love triangle situation explodes. HS is so jealous, yet Anna is so childlike.

They aired the episode today in LA where Saewa shows the photograph of Anna and James to Anna. I can't believe the way she went inside Anna's room and basically pushes her around, shows her the photograph and leaves Anna like that. She really treated Anna badly. I mean, she doesn't even care about Anna running to her car and fainting on the street.

I really have no sympathy for Saewa at all and her actions show exactly how bad of a person she really is. I really hope she pays for all her actions and I hope she doesn't have a happy ending at all. I really think she needs to suffer because there is no justification in treating a person who is handicapped like that. It just made me sick. I can't believe how selfish she really is.

They aired the episode today in LA where Saewa shows the photograph of Anna and James to Anna. I can't believe the way she went inside Anna's room and basically pushes her around, shows her the photograph and leaves Anna like that. She really treated Anna badly. I mean, she doesn't even care about Anna running to her car and fainting on the street.

I really have no sympathy for Saewa at all and her actions show exactly how bad of a person she really is. I really hope she pays for all her actions and I hope she doesn't have a happy ending at all. I really think she needs to suffer because there is no justification in treating a person who is handicapped like that. It just made me sick. I can't believe how selfish she really is.

I'm so sick and tired of Saewa tormenting and bullying Anna. I hope Anna just goes off on her and punch her lights out. Saewa is a sociopath. I'm also sick of Anna the way she cries out James and crying hysterically. Someone should just slap some sense into her.

Archived