[Drama 2010] Smile, Dong-hae / Smile Again 웃어라 동해야

Guest fanda4000

That's a really good point. I agree, if that's done well. But for me, the drama at this point is making me impatient because of the nonstop, repetitive bickering that's been going on for a good chunk of the episodes. *quoted image* I can't wait to see the crazy chaoticness when everyone realizes the truth. :lol:

You know what I would love to no end and what this episode doesn't include, as of yet, is a crazy ajoumoni. :D Maybe I'm having flashbacks to Happiness in the Wind and I think that would either get everyone in line in this show or drive people butt-richard simmons crazy.

Is it me or do you guys sense a lack of chemistry between all the leading pairs? Mom with Uncle (I was actually looking forward to the Uncle hooking up with Anna---I thought they'd be a better pair). But it seems they're really pushing for Uncle and the girls mum together. :S Then we have SH. I loved that girls face---good lord she's gorgeous. And ugh..she's on the path of evilness with no return. Wait until she realizes she has the DH's mum's pic who matches the daughter of the family her mother-in-law wants to "join." She's going to think the best way to protect her mother-in-law, who will most likely hate her, is through hiding the pic and the information. The predictability is setting in. Ugh...you have no idea how upset I am about where this might go.

As for SY/TH--I'm sorry this couple irritates me. I realized when I looked back a lot of people seem supportive, but their just...ugh. Additionally there is no chemistry to me. Oh, Alex, how have the mighty have fallen in this role. <---I adored him in PASTA! :wub:

I like the two main leads a lot, but the problem is...I'm just not seeing the chemistry. Let me say "yet" because there is 100 eps where the chemistry can improve. Even the family is not very connected for me. I'm sorry everyone, obviously I am doing a lot of comparing to Happiness in the Wind---since the chemistry was perfect on all levels. I think I can grow into love DH and BY together though. Because BY is ridiculously cute. Not as stunning as SH, but cuties none the less and I totally support her because she has such an absolutely loving nature.

Thanks for the ep links guys. Wow...the show is up to ep 65---so most of my statements are for ep 15 guys. I just want to say that---but you guys can spoil me for the other eps. I'm not seeing much spoiler talk though.

I'm hanging in there guys...because I think this show has potential. I'm just not liking some of the predictability I'm already sensing. And most of the pairings. But I think another 20 eps I'll be gushing. ^_^ Normally wen you say 20 eps that's the end of the show. :D:rolleyes:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Can anyone tell me what happened in the episodes after Donghae got a call from the DNA center? The guy isn't his dad right? I went on a vacation and missed it~ =( Is he James? Is it Saewa's new father-in-law (to be)? Thats why he's so cold to his wife right =.= hmm~ DH thought that guy was James but it was actually the other man right hmm hmmmm

LOL! Ahh I wanna know what happened! Someone tell me please! And how did his mom move in as well? :D Thank you!

Guest lj3k99

finally, the fateful meeting between james and anna, and they had to make it a snowy scene. what a trip it was...

DH and BY..so kawaii :) she was like here a birthday present and **kiss**

SH and DJ..so boring yet they deserve each other. she could have had such a loving relationship too if she just owned up from the get go.

DH though BY's dad was james. that is why he effed up BY's dad bae chu truck. DH and Anna moved in after DH confessed to ruining it. James/kim joon is SH father in law.

Guest lj3k99

all the cooking in the episode got me real hungry ^^

looks like SN and Anna both got their men in the episode..

DJ went even lower on a scale to me after his actions in today's episode, then again he was low in opinion already...

KJ is such a different person with Anna,its kind of crazy 180 degree twist. i just feel bad for his other family.

Was anything important said between Sae Young, Tae Hoon, and his mother? It didn't appear relevant to any part of the story other than her defiance towards dressing more appropriately.

Nothing really, just a comment from Sae-Young saying she has to go out and make money. Sun-Ok did comment how Sae-Young was now wearing longer dresses but of course she changes and gets caught by Tae-Hoon. That's the extent of their conversation.

KJ is such a different person with Anna,its kind of crazy 180 degree twist. i just feel bad for his other family.

Yeap for KJ. I'm not fan of his. What did he family do makes him that thick? He should at least show he cared. Both KJ and Anna should just moved on. What important is the present and future. For now, I'm sick of both of them. I like DH and BY story because they are cute :)

Been watching the show on KBS World, and even though it's a couple weeks behind, I've been enjoying the pure sudsiness of the show.  :D

Though frustrating at times, I do like that no one takes things lying down.  (At least, I hope it stays that way.) [/naive?]

Or maybe it's just watching Ji Chang Wook everyday. I dunno.blush.gif

:D

The show's ratings also seem to have gone up too which is good news for them.

yeah, your assumptions are all correct. The DNA test came back negative & Kim Jun (Saewa's father-in-law/James) was the guy that Anna saw at the hotel elevator, which Donghae mistakenly mistook for Bongi's dad. If my memory serves me right, after Donghae receives the test results & realizes his grave error, he then apologizes to Bongi's father for destroying his cabbage harvest. Donghae said he would find a job to repay him for his loss. This was when Bongi's dad feeling sympathy for the plight of the Lakers' asked Anna & Donghae to move in with them while he searches for a job & gets settled in Korea.

The one part that didn't make sense to me & was a bit of a non sequitur was when Carl gives Bongi's dad an envelope with the money he claimed was the down payment from the sale of their house back in the US. He said the amount was only a partial payment & that he would find a job to repay him the rest. How could the proceeds from the sale of their home not cover the entire cost of the cabbages that Donghae destroyed in the back of the truck?  :huh: Unless he was one of those who got caught up in the sub prime lending fiasco & had zero equity in his home & was being foreclosed on at the time he left for Korea.  :lol:

Oooh yay. THANKS! and that part confused me too. I thought it was just money he got stashed away and that there was no money wired. Oh well. Smart part anyways~  So DH knows who his dad is now? or does he think that Anna just saw wrong? :P

Being behind in Hawaii helps me stay ahead of the episodes here. I thought Saewa was bad but now...the mother joins in on the lunacy. Ridiculous...and yet entertaining. I love the way Kim Jun and Anna keep missing each other..just like living life in a revolving door. Quite appropriate for a hotel setting....yeah!

KBS World TV-Ripped Eng-Subbed Version

"Smile, Dong-Hae"

(Up to Ep 30)

Torrent DL

aja-aja (MU) & AM-Addiction (MU) uploads will be made available subsequently

Announcement

I will be removing my batch uploads about 1 month or so after I upload them. I have already removed the old series and now are beginning to remove the new one too. This is due to KBS World making most new series available via their Estore.

If you need to download any series that I uploaded, you can get them at http://www.aja-aja.com or http://www.am-addiction.com.

Guest pumcake

On KBS World, it is currently episode 38. So i always go here in soompi for the latest episodes because I am feeling a bit impatient with the Bongi and Donghae love story :)

i still download the torrents even though I wont understand a thing. Haha!

Im happy to see that DoJin's mother is starting to hate her daughter-in-law. Hahahaha.

Guest sammy23

Does anyone know what Anna and Sae hwa were saying on the phone in the very last scene of episode 68?  What was Anna saying to Sae hwa on the phone?  It looks like James heard what anna was saying.

Hello everyone....hi Sammy23, if i'm not mistaken, Anna was telling Saewa that she misses and loves James still. Saewa trying to convince Anna that James dont exist, that they did not meet in real and only a dream. But Anna insisted that its not a dream and that they did meet. So while she was crying and spoke to Saewa on the phone, James overheard. Cos earlier James thought Bong-i's uncle is Anna's hubby and the little girl is their daughter.

Guest sammy23

Hello everyone....hi Sammy23, if i'm not mistaken, Anna was telling Saewa that she misses and loves James still. Saewa trying to convince Anna that James dont exist, that they did not meet in real and only a dream. But Anna insisted that its not a dream and that they did meet. So while she was crying and spoke to Saewa on the phone, James overheard. Cos earlier James thought Bong-i's uncle is Anna's hubby and the little girl is their daughter.

Thank you very much.

ahh somehow managed to catch up with all the episodes during break ( a miracle, I know) and this drama is absolutely crazy. I love the flow, the concept and the execution so far and that's what's keeping me going (along with the healthy doses of Ji Chang-Wook) but GOSH Day dramas, do you HAVE to be some 100+ episodes long?

I dont think I'm cut out for this type of drama length. It takes true strength. I admire you guys :D

What I don't understand is how Sae Wa has Anna's phone number and why Anna continues to pick up her calls and take in her lies....It doesn't make sense that Sae Wa continues to have so much power in meddling and I don't get how Dong Hae doesn't realize or see how she keeps affecting his mom....

Oh Well...i really do doubt that Sae Wa will get her due in the end....she will probably just say sorry and she will get a happy ending. So frustrating!

Archived