Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Welcome to Joo Won Thread @moonjw and @moonstruck9 as well as other newbies who I may have left out. Translation of MBC Section TV video is done and will be subbed very soon by our dedicated team.

Yes, people always wonder why Joo Won who comes from a loving and supportive family and has seemingly happy go lucky personality, would have so much within him to act those heavy scenes like that in Gaksital and the recent Good Doctor.

It still holds true that Joo Won is very gifted in acting and one secret to how he pulls no punches like no other can be found in his interviews. He literally becomes the character when he is acting. In the Star Cover Story, he said he felt really angry at the abuse Si On had to suffer when Si On and Yoon Seo's romance was made public. The same thing can be found in every character he plays, he empathize so well with his character that all the hate, agony, hurt and love are absorbed fully into himself. That's is why he truly stands out from the rest of his peers. As to his ability to cry, I always find it funny when he says he doesn't cry easily. Joo Won's crying is DAEBAK. Many Korean actors are superb in crying but there is still bad, average and good. Joo Won's crying is different because it's not just tears flowing from his eyes, it's the whole works - his body, his voice, his face. It's everything and more because there is something that cannot be described or seen. It is his feelings are genuine. Part of it comes from his intimate bond with the character and part of it comes from his own self.

He's just so positive most of the time and good-natured that you

wouldn't know or have the slightest idea if he's sufferring or being

taken advantage of or what. He has always been honest and tell all in

his interviews but perhaps there are much more going on?

Yes, there is much we do not know. The thing about Joo Won is that you have to not just read what he says but also what he does not say. He is too good natured and kind to say anything bad about anyone. I can only remember he said he hates people who are rude and has no respect for elders, I can't remember anything else. From what Cha Tae Hyun said in his letter about Joo Won keeping things to himself, I think his hyungs knew or suspected but Joo Won did not want his problems to drag down the mood so he kept them to himself, prompting CTH to offer the hyung's listening ears. What Joo Won did not tell them, they must have found out and thus felt really bad for him.

So far, whatever life threw at Joo Won, he has always managed to take in his stride, looked at the situation positively and made the best out from it. I have no doubt he will continue to do so. The other day I was so incredulous translating that part of the interview where he said "I am lucky" I don't agree with him but this is the best attitude he can have to survive in this industry. As a fan, I know he does not always get to do the things he want but no matter what happens, I will support him. If there is anyone to make 2 hours of crap into crack, my bet is on him.

so true! That even if the storyline doesn't make any sense, as long as you've been hooked by the character that he so endearingly and lovingly portrayed, it's still worth it.

On a side note, I don't think I've encountered Joo Won saying something bad about anything. Or maybe I'm just exaggerating. But the point is, as what @mrdimples has mentioned, he always looks at it positively.

---

More delurkers and new members! Annyeong!! ^^ @moonstruck9 enjoy spazzing here! ^^ btw you said you came from tumblr? And that you see familiar people here? Do you do fanarts btw? Or gifs? Oooohhhh @coolreborn and @mrdimples remember how you guys looked for artists for Joo Won projects?? I think lots are joining now!! ^^

@mrdimples I always found it interesting that Korean or Japanese names when translated in Chinese will have different characters. Yes the root of both the languages is Hanzi (or Hanja or Kenji) but eventually the name is ethnically related to that country. So why would one have to change the names innotation for a particular language? Even when I saw the episode on 1N2D where the cast had to guess the names of famous Hong Kong actors they had Korean names for them! I was like I could never guess Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fat would have alternative names in different countries.

To add to your previous post there is a popular proverb - Charity begins from home - simply put, what one practices at home they will do the same when they are outside their homes. So kudos to his parents and his hyungs (real bro and 1N2D bros) for teaching Cutie good ettiquette and keeping him grounded. After all Joo Won always tells the project is not successful only to his credit but due to the teamwork from the whole cast and technicians - simply saying he still considers himself as an actor and not a star. When we stay grounded and friendly, people would like our cheerful demeanour.

simplydramafied1082 said: @mrdimples I always found it interesting that Korean or Japanese names when translated in Chinese will have different characters. Yes the root of both the languages is Hanzi (or Hanja or Kenji) but eventually the name is ethnically related to that county. So why would one have to change the names innotation for a particular language? Even when I saw the episode on 1N2D where the cast had to guess the names of famous Hong Kong actors they had Korean names for them! I was like I could never guess Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fat would have alternative names in different countries. To add to your previous post there is a popular proverb - Charity begins from home - simply put, what one practices at home they will do the same when they are outside their homes. So kudos to his parents and his hyungs (real bro and 1N2D bros) for teaching Cutie good ettiquette and keeping him grounded. After all Joo Won always tells the project is not successful only to his credit but due to the teamwork from the whole cast and technicians - simply saying he still considers himself as an actor and not a star. When we stay grounded and friendly, people would like our cheerful demeanour.

@mrdimples Simply Awesome!!!!!! Thank you for the clarification. I tried to understand the differences because many times you had stressed on the perfect translation of any news articles takes time due to the differences in characters and pronunciation and how it was first translated.If you don't mind me asking another question - so is Hanja similar to Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese form of writing? When I watched the drama Tree with Deep Roots there was a reference made that Hanja is actually borrowed Chinese characters written to suit the Korean people and with the addition of characters since the vocabulary is huge, the middle or lower class people found it difficult to study. Eventually that lead to the development of Hangul with limited or no Chinese characters and it is only 24 alphabets! Whereas, Chinese characters are many in number 8-|
And how did you study all of this???? Is it mandatory in Singapore to study Chinese for the long residing residents irrespective of their country of birth?

Guest maygrool

#Off_the_Topic

I have seen many news and photos that Philipines was under the serious Typhoon Attack.
I am very sorry about for all the Philippines people.
As you all know there are many of Filipino Fans who are Supporting Joo Won, I hereby would like to share my prayers to all the Filipino people and Joo Won fans who have been suffered from the Typhoon and I wish you to recover from the situation very soon.
We will pray for you.
Bless you!

simplydramafied1082 said: @mrdimples Simply Awesome!!!!!! Thank you for the clarification. I tried to understand the differences because many times you had stressed on the perfect translation of any news articles takes time due to the differences in characters and pronunciation and how it was first translated.If you don't mind me asking another question - so is Hanja similar to Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese form of writing? When I watched the drama Tree with Deep Roots there was a reference made that Hanja is actually borrowed Chinese characters written to suit the Korean people and with the addition of characters since the vocabulary is huge, the middle or lower class people found it difficult to study. Eventually that lead to the development of Hangul with limited or no Chinese characters and it is only 24 alphabets! Whereas, Chinese characters are many in number 8-|
And how did you study all of this???? Is it mandatory in Singapore to study Chinese for the long residing residents irrespective of their country of birth?

To add on to mrdimples' post... it is not mandatory to choose one's mother tongue as his/her 2nd language. I have friends who are non-Chinese who took up Chinese or Chinese friends who took up Malay or Tamil as their 2nd language. Those who are really good may take it up as 1st language as they progress to higher grades.