Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

41 minutes ago, Ma OO said:

I worry for your PC screen Dear. Just... don't punch it. 

It's a new year! I want to welcome 2016 with smiles. Hopefully SBS will help me. I am back to watching some old dramas...and Oh My Venus. So far,not bad In my opinion. 

@Ma OO I'm watching Oh My Venus too~ ^^ It's a light-heart comedy that is welcomed amidst the serious storylines nowadays. Let's pray that SBS will award everyone accordingly. They've had some questionable winners sometimes, but mostly, they're satisfying for Daesang awards. Their Daesang winners include Jun Ji Hyun and Park Bo Young, so I've been satisfied. So far...

@mrdimples I'm watching Remember too. And instead of being amazed by the lead actor (who is doing a good job), I'm also amazed by Jun Kwang Rul's performance. So far, all the sad and emotional feelings are all down to him. I didnt see much of his acting other than Baker King, where he didnt display much emotion. But his acting in Remember is outstanding!

I'm watching other projects too, but somehow, I keep imagining if Joowon had taken up the lead actors' role... Haha! I imagine the way he cries, the way he trembles in fear, in pain, controlling his anger, etc. Joowon way of connecting with his characters' emotion leaves a deep impact on me.

• Like 9

So I finally got down to watching OB, and after about the 10th episode, the story started to get more interesting. I still mostly let it roll while I'm doing something else - the only storylines I like are of Tae Hee (of course!) and Tae Beom. Everyone else is alright I guess. Just enjoying watching younger Joo Won and seeing his role unfurl in this very long production. I can see why he chose this as one of his earlier projects. A long drawn project with veteran actors certainly helps to build camaraderie and experience early in his career. Good choice, good job (even though I am actually "following" Joo Won "backwards", it's nice to track his progress on a hindsight basis). 

• Like 7

Thank you all for keeping up with updates on Joowon. I'm slowing down on the stalking, erm, I mean fangirling due to the lack of news. I'm only following his IG and this thread :)

I am extremely looking forward to the SBS drama awards because it will be an appearance after a few months of absence from tv. So I wish the days go by quickly till we get to the day of the awards but I also want the days to go by slowly because it's the holiday season and I love the slowness... Work wise hah! @Ma OO I agree. Give Joowon a great award = receiving 2016 with smiles ;)  

@gilaswan LOL at following him backwards. I'm doing that too but I might save OB when he's in the army (T.T) I don't know about character names, but I like the actress who plays the wife/girlfriend/love interest of Tae Hee's second bro. That actress was so good in Can We Love, the drama was a bit of a letdown in the main couple but she shone in it. How is she in OB? (Sorry is it too off-topic?)

Some of you mentioned that you're looking for something to watch? And then thinking if Joowon would be better in that role? Reply 1988 is good. But I am soooo glad Joowon is not in it. If he's not made the one who gets the girl I'd be tearing out my hair cos the universe knows I'm so biased for him.

@mrdimples don't punch your screen! Not worth the (potential) idiocy of these award shows! But I gotta remind myself that too. Don't wanna hurl my remote at my TV. (I stream stuff from my ipad to my tv using Apple TV)

• Like 6

Browsing Naver and saw some names for 2015 SBS Drama Awards - Daesang potential candidates

I've never seen so many names being thrown by media as potential Daesang winner. Usually, they narrow down to about 2-3 names, with some being repetitive. But this time, different sources mentioned different names, though of course most (if not all) mentioned Joo Won this time. These are the often mentioned candidates for Daesang:

Joo won (Yongpal), Soo Ae (Mask), Kim Hyun Joo (I Have A Lover), Ji Jin Hee (I Have A Lover), Jo Jae Hyun (Punch), Kim Myung Min (Six Flying Dragons), Yoo Ah In (Six Flying Dragons)

One of the articles go as far as to say "Joo Won's Yongpal is regarded as one of the most powerful candidate" which made me smile~ :D There are more names, of course. The actors/actresses nominated for Top Excellence are eligible to get Daesang. But the mentioned names above gave such strong and memorable performance that it is easy to shortlist them as the potential winner. And usually, media is right. One of their shortlisted candidates will definitely win.

I have never wanted Joo Won to win Daesang this much apart from during Good Doctor days in 2013. Heck, I would root for him winning Daesang too had I been a fan during Gaksital days. But this year is more special as it's the year before he goes to army, and also because Yongpal had received so many criticisms and unfair judgement. I have gotten my wish that Joo Won had etched his name in the industry as a really great actor with outstanding acting skills who puts in hard effort for his projects. People acknowledged his talent now. But I want Joo Won to get the Daesang that he has long since deserve to win. If he doesnt... well, he lost to great actors. *have to be positive*

I dont want to think about what haters will say if he wins Daesang, or if he didnt.. Haters gonna hate, they will never shut up.

• Like 9

Special Award.

Who will be awarded to a portfolio with SBS least three stories up.  Two before all work with SBS mainly 
but JOOWON work together SBS for the first time.

He did not have this award , I expected people to be HYUN BIN / HA JI WON / KIM RAE WON or SOOAE.

• Like 1

[ENG] 151012 Joo Won - SBS Healing Camp

screencap

Healing Camp is up there on the list of must watch Joo Won interviews. It reminded me of Joo Won's interview on Win Win in 2012. It shows us what makes Joo Won the actor, the star, the son and the man whom fans, co-stars, team mates, PDs and all who crossed his path admire and adore. As you watch this, you will also understand why reporters and interviewers get charmed off their feet by Joo Won. The word they always use is sincere. It can't be a trait unique to Joo Won or conversely, does it mean others are less sincere? I think it is the way Joo Won opens up his heart, is candid with his views. shares his innermost thoughts and does them all in the most sincere and heartwarming manner that made such a deep impression on these seasoned reporters and interviewers.

To watch video, please go here https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/12/16/eng-151012-joo-won-sbs-healing-camp/

When I watched Healing Camp with Chinese subs, I was so excited and emotional that I declared on soompi that Joo Won Cutie will get this subbed in English for fans to enjoy. It was irresponsible of me because I didn't ask the team if they would do it. I was prepared to translate the entire 74 minutes long video myself in that haze of excitement. So much that I forgot I don't do typsetting, timing nor encoding. So, I am thankful that my team agreed to do this mammoth project. I am sure they had thought of doing it anyway but would have approached it in a more democratic manner. It took 2 months to get this project completed although it felt like forever to the sub team.

Soon after I opened my mouth, I realized I needed someone who understands Korean to translate. There are several 'sensitive' parts which are best translated by someone who's native tongue is Korean or has a good command of the language and knows the cultural or linguistic nuances. For this, I am very thankful to sdee who couldn't translate for us but took precious time off her schedule to proof read and edit. I owe a big thank you to @sagaseed whom I threw into the deep end, this being her first video translation project. She is amazing, I really don't know how she can translate while watching the video on her mobile. This video would not be possible without the efforts of @ecs707a and @farbarri a.k.a hana_joowon. Not only were they our timers, typesetters and encoders, they were also our editors, with a keen ear and eye for things which didn't seem quite right. We hope you will enjoy this video as much as we did.

• Like 16

Thank you everyone involved in this project. It was such a treasure and worth the wait. Translation is tough. But you guys did it despite your busy schedules. So appreciate it.

Actually, I like another older actor apart from Joo Won. That actor is like a fine aged wine.After been through so much discrimination and hardship in entertainment industry,he fought hard to find his place and become respected actor in industry. Rich and pleasing,someone whom I treasure. However, when it come to Joo Won,he is like a spring water to me. So pure and clear.So rare in entertainment industry.This really worries me.I don't want entertainment industry to "contaminate" him.I don't want him to change at all,be it for good or bad. This is because I don't want him to lose his innocence at all.After watching HC,I become more obsessed with his qualities. The childish cute man,who will cry easily.The man who speaks what is on his mind and upfront about anything and everything if possible. He didn't change much throughout the 4years that I've "known". But what about future? How can such a man like him must be in this "dirty" industry? My heart aches so much.....

• Like 9

11 hours ago, Ma OO said:

Thank you everyone involved in this project. It was such a treasure and worth the wait. Translation is tough. But you guys did it despite your busy schedules. So appreciate it.

Actually, I like another older actor apart from Joo Won. That actor is like a fine aged wine.After been through so much discrimination and hardship in entertainment industry,he fought hard to find his place and become respected actor in industry. Rich and pleasing,someone whom I treasure. However, when it come to Joo Won,he is like a spring water to me. So pure and clear.So rare in entertainment industry.This really worries me.I don't want entertainment industry to "contaminate" him.I don't want him to change at all,be it for good or bad. This is because I don't want him to lose his innocence at all.After watching HC,I become more obsessed with his qualities. The childish cute man,who will cry easily.The man who speaks what is on his mind and upfront about anything and everything if possible. He didn't change much throughout the 4years that I've "known". But what about future? How can such a man like him must be in this "dirty" industry? My heart aches so much.....

Instead of seeing Joo Won as the spring water which got dumped into a sea of murky waters, I see him as the spring water which refreshes and cleanses others. 

For a long time, I battled within myself the idea of Joo Won being pure and innocent. It was strange to call a young man thus at age 23 and even weirder to call him this 5 years later. I guess it all depends on what one defines as innocence. If we lean towards purity and innocence like those of a child, of one who's unexposed or has yet to be thoroughly immersed in a cold, dark and real world, then we should be worried for Joo Won. I have a different take on his innocence. It is both a quality and an approach or mindset which he consciously adopts. Before he debut in dramas, Joo Won had been a performing arts student and already a upcoming rookie in musical theatre. He wasn't walking on the streets as a student and approached to audition or discovered 'accidentally' and thrown into the strange new world of showbiz. All in all, he has been performing in various media for a decade. It's hard to think that he is unaware or has not experienced any of the 'nastiness' of the industry. And we are talking about Joo Won here. To me, he is highly intelligent, perceptive and introspective. A rarity for someone his age and qualities which some will never have no matter what age. Now, all these have made his 'purity' and 'innocence' even more strange, hasn't it? Because these mean that he has been immersed in the murky and dirty waters, not oblivious nor miraculously untouched. As I said, he sees, he knows and he has experienced them but instead of being contaminated, he has chosen to stick to his own principles, his values, his positive mindset and approach. 

It is no easy task and as we learned more of his struggles and pain in this interview, we know that he fights hard to not lose himself and those values which he holds dear. He will change and he has to, because he has to grow, in the natural order of things. With age or experience, it does not mean losing this kind of innocence. I have come across very young people who are already 'disillusioned' with the real world. cynical and pessimistic. I also know of older ones who are 'innocent' like a child, they have eyes to see new things and delight in them, they have such positive energy and attitude that it puts me to shame. 

So to me, I will remember Joo Won the cute and innocent young man and I will cherish the fine young man he has grown to be. Still cute and innocent but not that of an unknowing child. And I certainly look forward to a Joo Won who will continue to be a breath of fresh air to a dark and jaded industry.

• Like 10

I'm also very thankful to all you hard working subbers! What would I do without you?

I have yet to watch part 2 but I can already say I've enjoyed part 1 greatly. I was beaming in pride when his co-stars were speaking fondly of him in the videos. Like, "ah yes that's Joowon they're speaking of, the person I admire."

• Like 5

Is Joo Won really so special? 

I really cannot understand my state...I don't even have a word to describe the situation I am in. I believe I am long past the initial heady fangirl stage, I even stop fangirling him. Yet, he still influences the way I watch a drama and why is it so hard to find another "Joo Won"? Gaaaaahhh....

Lemme get my rambling thoughts organized....somewhat

- I can't get rid of my habit of analyzing an actor and almost always imagining what Joo Won would do in the same scene. 

- my stable of watchable actors is pathetically small.

- hard to find this 'all-in-one-package'. Looks and charisma played a more important role than I would like to admit. This year. I watched one good actor but I just couldn't 'love' him in the role because of his appearance. Then, there are a dime a dozen, handsome or pretty actors who can't act. So yeah, the universe is tiny, very very tiny. 

I am an anomaly, accident fangirl. Was never made for any wee bit of fangirling. Otherwise, how to explain that I never followed any other actors before and after Joo Won? I know of so many who have moved to and moved on from Joo Won, whether he is out or still in their favorites. I tried, heavens know I tried. 

Maybe his MS will made me go cold turkey? I need a cure....

• Like 8

OK... I'm late in the game but I have an Ojagkyo Brothers question regarding storyline I don't get...

Hwang Tae-Hee's mother remarried after his father died, right?

And she has another son from the other marriage, right? This Kim Jae-Ha dude.

Now if Kim Jae-Ha is Hwang Tae-Hee's half-brother from his mother's 2nd marriage, how does that make Jae-Ha Tae-Hee's hyung? Did I miss something?

OB experts... where are you? (And oh... Joo Won as detective is just so hawt... he needs more angry, intense staring roles... kekeke...)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

OK... I'm late in the game but I have an Ojagkyo Brothers question regarding storyline I don't get...

Now if Kim Jae-Ha is Hwang Tae-Hee's half-brother from his mother's 2nd marriage, how does that make Jae-Ha Tae-Hee's hyung? Did I miss something?

OB experts... where are you? (And oh... Joo Won as detective is just so hawt... he needs more angry, intense staring roles... kekeke...)

If I'm not mistaken, Hwang TaeHee's mother married someone who already has a son. Which makes TaeHee and the hyung not related at all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

What episode are you on?  Just curious :)

And I'm pretty sure, although my memory may be influenced by my Tae Hee-bias, that he and Jae Ha are indeed not blood-related at all.  But Jae Ha is not the company president's biological son, either.  Jae Ha was adopted by his mother, wasn't he?  That's why Tae Hee took that news so badly.  His mom didn't just abandon him; she replaced him too (in his mind).  If I remember correctly :) Hence (late episode mild spoiler)

Spoiler

the orphanage scenes later on with Ja Eun and Jae Ha (and mom).

Right?  Or do I need to go rewatch it?  Ha.

• Like 3

Thank you for the early Christmas gift Joo Won Cutie subbing team!!!!! I love you guys!!!! ^^ 

Earnest. That's probably how I can best describe Cutie. I haven't been following any other star as much as I have been following Cutie so I don't know whether his thoughts, actions, principles, etc are unique to him or common to everybody. All I know is he likes to think deep and answer seriously and sincerely more often than not. He also genuinely tries to see the best or the good parts in things and people that sometimes it may look as if he is giving a standard showbiz answer but when he explains things you get to understand his perspective and how much thought he put into giving out such answers. 

My heart ached (and my mind wondered) when he was talking about an incident in filming wherein he got so angry but didn't know how to explode so he locked himself up in his car and kept his feelings to himself. And how he uses acting to release such emotions. I guess it's why he acts really awesome and naturally as he uses such emotions he has bottled up and pulls them out as needed in the scenes he has to act. But that just means that he has suffered and been put through that much for him to let out such emotions in his acting. I cry. T_____________________________T 

For us lovers/fans of Cutie, we already knew most of the things they talked about in Healing Camp. But I am still glad they got to touch on those things so people who don't follow him as much would learn more about him and the way he thinks and processes things. If I remember correctly, the audience mostly gave positive feedback to Cutie's guesting and one even commented how the number of hours filming (was it 4 hours?) just went by and it was not boring at all. I wonder though if there were any negative feedback or points for improvement that the audience members shared after the recording? Or were they enamored by Cutie's charms? Hihihi!

And for those wondering whether it is possible to have a sexy back and a pot belly, I am that anomaly. Or so I'd like to think. Come find me Joo Won oppa! ♥ ♥ ♥ Love your soulmate, moonandhearts 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, moonandhearts said:

Thank you for the early Christmas gift Joo Won Cutie subbing team!!!!! I love you guys!!!! ^^ 

Earnest. That's probably how I can best describe Cutie. I haven't been following any other star as much as I have been following Cutie so I don't know whether his thoughts, actions, principles, etc are unique to him or common to everybody. All I know is he likes to think deep and answer seriously and sincerely more often than not. He also genuinely tries to see the best or the good parts in things and people that sometimes it may look as if he is giving a standard showbiz answer but when he explains things you get to understand his perspective and how much thought he put into giving out such answers. 

My heart ached (and my mind wondered) when he was talking about an incident in filming wherein he got so angry but didn't know how to explode so he locked himself up in his car and kept his feelings to himself. And how he uses acting to release such emotions. I guess it's why he acts really awesome and naturally as he uses such emotions he has bottled up and pulls them out as needed in the scenes he has to act. But that just means that he has suffered and been put through that much for him to let out such emotions in his acting. I cry. T_____________________________T 

For us lovers/fans of Cutie, we already knew most of the things they talked about in Healing Camp. But I am still glad they got to touch on those things so people who don't follow him as much would learn more about him and the way he thinks and processes things. If I remember correctly, the audience mostly gave positive feedback to Cutie's guesting and one even commented how the number of hours filming (was it 4 hours?) just went by and it was not boring at all. I wonder though if there were any negative feedback or points for improvement that the audience members shared after the recording? Or were they enamored by Cutie's charms? Hihihi!

And for those wondering whether it is possible to have a sexy back and a pot belly, I am that anomaly. Or so I'd like to think. Come find me Joo Won oppa! ♥ ♥ ♥ Love your soulmate, moonandhearts 

Actually,I also have the body as he described.Hehe.I am relatively thin so I have no fats on my back at all.But I have a pot belly.Oppa Can I be ur candidate too? But I  a bit too tiny. --ll

• Like 3