Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

U-Weekly Interview- Joo Won.Serious.Prince of Ratings

a814d538-ec1e-4a77-8126-e995e972ffd7_zps

Joo Won. Serious. Mic Bug. 

High praises for Kim Tae Hee

Gang Doctor (also known as Yongpalyi) 's Yongpal Kim Tae Hyun, remains smiley despite numerous obstacles. Real life Joo Won is a big boy who often displays shy smiles. While Kim Tae Hyun likes to glib talk, Joo Won answers questions seriously, definitely adding points.

Another group of reporters commented that Joo won replies are direct to the point and his manager does not intercept the questions. This is their easiest experience interviewing Korean stars so far.

Joo won previously claimed that he was very excited to work with Kim Tae Hee, more so than other actors. Is it because he also see her as a female goddess, thus looking forward to working with her?

To continue, please go here >>> https://joowoncutie.wordpress.com/2015/10/23/u-weekly-interview-joo-won-serious-prince-of-ratings/

• Like 11

He looks so tired in these photos. Sigh. 

@mrdimples: I missed your earlier question. Yes. A lot of the others get subbed, especially idol interviews and stuff. And of course his talent isn't represented by his fanbase (if it were, then you would think LMH... er... alrighty. I will behave...) but he deserves to have a widening fanbase. Deserves to be an actor for acting's sake and recognised for it. Like Sir Ian Mckellen and Sir Patrick Stewart. 

• Like 5

He looks so tired in these photos. Sigh. 

@mrdimples: I missed your earlier question. Yes. A lot of the others get subbed, especially idol interviews and stuff. And of course his talent isn't represented by his fanbase (if it were, then you would think LMH... er... alrighty. I will behave...) but he deserves to have a widening fanbase. Deserves to be an actor for acting's sake and recognised for it. Like Sir Ian Mckellen and Sir Patrick Stewart. 

I think we aren't lucky this time because I just checked with Chinese fans and nothing in progress for recent spate of interviews. And none of his articles get translated into English either. 

It's a real pity. Joo Won's interviews are mostly gems. If you have read the U-Weekly magazine, it's clear that he left a good impression on the reporters. One comment was that unlike most Korean stars, he answered directly. For one, I think his understanding of English is good, he just doesn't have the confidence to speak. So, while making sure he understood correctly, he still listened to the interpreter. However, I think he already understood when he heard the question from the reporter. Another is that Joo Won doesn't give canned answers. Stars are often primed and trained on how to handle the media. Well, I can't say it's unnecessary because I have come across stars who gives the most inane answers. I must confess, I have this guilty pleasure of reading a particular actor's interview because it's so dumb that it is funny. Anyway, happily for him, he's none the worse for it, ah fangirls! But the U-Weekly reporter remarked that while Joo Won seems to give standard answers at first, it soon turned out to be otherwise. I think he's really marvelous in that he has been able to strike a balance between saying what's 'correct' most of the time but still, the things he adds or the way he says it, makes it all different. As Singaporeans like to say - 'same same but not the same' 

But of course, there are rare occasions where the reporters doesn't have a clue what he's talking about like our dear 8 Days reporter. Talk about throwing pearls before swine. I don't read entertainment news either, just bought them to read on Joo Won. The standard of SG reporting, aiyoh....so embarrassing. 

• Like 7

Aiyah. 8 days. Whaddya expect? I also dunno what the reporter is writing. So nonsense. How does that even mean he has a short attention span for girls?! I honestly don't know where some people keep their brains sometimes. In a display cabinet for no one to see. Tsk. 

• Like 2

Aiyah. 8 days. Whaddya expect? I also dunno what the reporter is writing. So nonsense. How does that even mean he has a short attention span for girls?! I honestly don't know where some people keep their brains sometimes. In a display cabinet for no one to see. Tsk. 

want to see more bad SG writing? 

I am not sure who's behind this blog . All I could get is it's a blog started by youths in SG. 

excerpt from https://www.youth.sg/Spotted/People/2015/10/Joo-Won-charms-Singapore

Here are three things you should know about Joo Won, your new Hallyu king.

1. Joo Won is unusually shy in person

Speaking through a translator at his press conference hours before his public meet and greet, Joo Won appeared rather reserved. The 28-year-old actor only revealed his elusive smiles when faced with playful questions about puberty and his weight loss.

The Korean star was a man of a few words too, keeping his replies brief while peppering them with the occasional chuckles and brooding glances.

joo won, joo won meet and greet, joo won singapore
THREE LUCKY FANS WERE TREATED WITH SELFIES AND HUGS ON STAGE DURING HIS MEET AND GREET AT SUNTEC CITY. 
PHOTO CREDIT: ONE

Give him a few years (and probably, a couple of product endorsements too), and he might match up with the likes of Lee Min Ho and friends.

I was like "wut? did you attend the PC?" He was mentioned in not one but several reports that he deliberated over questions, giving thoughtful answers. U-Weekly used the word 认真 which we could only translate as serious but does not justice to the Chinese word. 

And that last line,  I was like "Oh, please don't regress!" So laughable. 

• Like 1

@mrdimples Wow... Singaporean media/netizens can be quite critical.

Regarding the brief answer... Well, he was asked 'simple' questions, wasnt he? Of course his answers were not elaborated long. He answered in moderate length during the fan meet. At one point during the fan meet, he even mixed up his answers during the snoring with Kim Taehee question, then get back on track. Not sure if anyone realized this though. I will need to re-watch this interview part. But I think he answered just fine. It's not like a press-conference like That Guy, where he had to answer very long answers about characters or give opinion on casts. He was asked every-day questions.

It's not the first time we see Joowon pondering over his answers. He's a man who doesnt speak without thinking. A part of it is being careful with his answers, another part is that he's the type of person who really thinks about his answers honestly. He does this a lot in Healing Camp.

The last part about endorsements made me laugh. :w00t: Seriously? Now THAT statement was made without 'pondering' over anything at all.

• Like 5

@moonandhearts @shynaz

I want to compare how much Joo Won has improved from BM to YP.Also,I need dosage of  Joo Won ^^That's why I am rewatching. I tried to rewatch YP and finish it's final episodes,but I can't. Still can't accept the ending.So no choice.For me, BM is the best way to enjoy Joo Won.And... Good Doctor. But I will save Good Doctor and Life Log for his absence of 2 years.

• Like 4

Happy Birthday! 10 Joo Won faces guaranteed to make you smile

by CoCo Kdrama on Wed, Sep 30, 2015

fbdca698-9afe-4a50-a3f1-92454643a673.jpg
 16 Comments  10104 Shares

We all know that Joo Won is the absolute best at making crying faces and playing dramatic roles, like in Yong Pal, but let's not forget that the handsome birthday boy also has a charming goofy side that you can't help but be smitten by. Let's celebrate this talented K-drama hottie's 28th birthday by falling in love with his adorable face all over again!

1. Doesn't seeing Joo Won shimmy make you want to get up and get down on the dance floor? You know you can't control yourself any longer!

3a8514f7-b2df-4b92-84a7-46acb3d1a5a3.gif

Read more : http://www.dramafever.com/news/happy-birthday-10-joo-won-faces-guaranteed-to-make-you-smile-/

Korean Drama Star Joo Won Can Cry if He Wants To!

by Blog Author on Fri, Sep 28, 2012

0 Comments  1 Shares

*Sings* It's his Birthday Joo Won can cry if he wants tooooo, cry if he wants tooooo You would cry to if you were a hot Korean Drama Star tooo... do do do dooo! 1.

tumblr_m8xolcE2B81rcio7do1_500.gif

Read More : http://www.dramafever.com/news/korean-drama-star-joo-won-can-cry-if-he-wants-to/

PSSS: DON't MAKE HIM CRY! :P Why Potatoes again... TT

And finally,

• Like 7

@Ma OO 

I still dont like the finale the Yong Pal..I still will be follow episode 1 to 16 only..because too push anyway..but kudos to writer because that finale its very reality to me actually....:sweatingbullets:Its show all the character have weakness as human being..

oh its still very sad because Joo Won will go for 2 years in national service...but I ready and we can wait for that long time...I still hope Joo Won can have one drama before he go to national service...may be saeguk or action genre..love to look kick scene...with long legs...

Just look new interview..with the leaf..I think he is Yong Pal and not Joo Won when he serious mood....:wub:

• Like 1

@Ma OO 

I still dont like the finale the Yong Pal..I still will be follow episode 1 to 16 only..because too push anyway..but kudos to writer because that finale its very reality to me actually....:sweatingbullets:Its show all the character have weakness as human being..

oh its still very sad because Joo Won will go for 2 years in national service...but I ready and we can wait for that long time...I still hope Joo Won can have one drama before he go to national service...may be saeguk or action genre..love to look kick scene...with long legs...

Just look new interview..with the leaf..I think he is Yong Pal and not Joo Won when he serious mood....:wub:

Haha.Ya. My YP ended at ep 16 too! 

I am sad that he will go to national service but somehow glad that he will be. "Knowing" his determination and character, I can't wait to see officers and instructors praising him. Who knows? He might get awards in NS too? That will be epic.

About interviews,I am just sorry that I can't help at all because I don't speak Chinese or Korean although I understand the basic conversations. I can contribute in term of fan arts and logos through.I saw the question about Joo Won  interviews not being translated. From I have seen,there are two groups who translate them. One is by soompi team and another is Moonjunworld team. From what I have seen,both groups are having troubles finding translators. That's sad. :(

PS: I read that JW is going to appear in Chinese drama soon? I don't trust it at all but could it be? Do anyone know about it?

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 4

And what's a gardener like you doing getting distracted by the pants?  Hmmm?

I like it not because it's a particularly good photo or anything, but context!  Look!  The wall with the pretty leaves is on a street!  With people!  Haha. 

Anyway, the rest are here, if anyone's interested.

May you stop your sharp tong ? As a good gardener, I take a walk in this garden from time to time, to monitor if everything is okay, and if the moat stays in its place. I can only notice how black pants feat nicely his long legs, because i'm not blind ^^ ! I'm weak in front of longs legs in black pants if they aren't baggy....

I don't know if those views were effective, but I had a good sleep, (I even dreamed not about Cutie, but an old friend, nice dream).

But all those nice pics didn't stop me noticing his tired face, as you and @mrdimples said. It's even more obvious in the second link you posted.

Ah, so it was just his legs that attracted your attention.  ;)  My mistake.  Carry on.

PS: I read that JW is going to appear in Chinese drama soon? I don't trust it at all but could it be? Do anyone know about it?

You're not thinking of Summer Tears in...whatever it's called, right?  FKA Passion Heaven?  I haven't heard anything about a drama, but I'm pretty much the last person to know anything, so...

I swore that I wouldn't post any more of these, but look!  He's somewhere other than that wall!  So how can I resist?

cv8yJku.jpg

b9mgmGf.jpgfsT7Tp3.jpg

SZWGjGS.jpgaaIuTqD.jpgkd2qzvW.jpg

source: 1 2 3 4 5 6

But yeah, styling his hair into something that resembles a bowl cut maybe wasn't the best idea.  But it's kind of at an awkward length, so maybe they didn't have much choice.  Maybe also because of all the sweater changes, lol.  Gotta be able to change clothes without spending forever on the hair every time.  And lord knows he had a million outfit changes with his million interviews and million photo shoots. :)

I actually like the bnt photos too, but they usually do a pretty good job.

K62IsVb.jpgQpQe4sO.jpg

source: 1 2 

I am okay with more black pants and sweaters. :)

Also, since I'm just rambling as usual, there's a review of That Guy up on bnt's website too, so hopefully we'll get some English language reviews soon too.

• Like 6

@Ma OO hehhe..if I writer I just make Tae hyun left behind yeo jin in episode 16...hahahha..that will be unexpected ending...:phew: but its ok..finale is reward for fans actually...we wil see more Jon Won in 2 episode...

too many favourite actor will go national service..so it will senior actor will dominate k drama but Im still wish Joo Won have drama..because in the movies short already just 2 hours..didnt enough...

• Like 1

Wow... Very tough movie competition in October and early November! Based on bnt News, these are some of the hyped ones:

1) Collective Invention - premiered 22/10 - about a man who turned into a fish due to side effects of a medicine. Stars Park Bo Young, Lee Kwang Soo and Lee Chun Hee. This movie was already praised by various film festivals locally and overseas.

2) The Phone - premiered 22/10 - about a man who received a call from his wife who dies one year ago. He then tries to rewind the past to save his wife within a day. Stars Son Hyun Joo, Uhm Ji Won and Bae Sung Woo, Shinee's Minho, etc.

3) Journalist - premiered 22/10 - about a journalist who falsely reports about a serial killing. He realizes it was a huge mistake, but incidents are happening according to his report. Stars Jo Jung Suk, Lee Mi Sook, etc.

4) That Guy - premiere 28/10 - based on a true story about a man who chases after a suspect of his sister's killer with the help of a girl that can see people's death. stars Joo Won (yipee!), Yoo Hae Jin and Lee Yoo Young.

EDIT: another 1 movie

5) Sorry, Love you, Thank you - premier 29/10 - a family story about a group of old champions, an arrogant actress and her manager who’s been in love with her for 10 years, a detector who faced his daughter’s killer, and a girl who is waiting for her father to come back. Stars Kim Sung-kyun, Sung Yu-ri, Kim Yeong-cheol, Lee Kye-in and Kwak Ji-hye.

6) Dark Priests - premiere 5/11 - about a mysterious story of 2 priests who tries to save a girl from danger. Stars Kang Dong Won and Kim Yoon Seok.

Genre wise, I think Collective Invention will appeal the most to public since it targets the wider range of audience from teens to 40s. Journalist, The Phone & Dark Priests have great casts, and they are in the same genre as That Guy, which is murder, thriller and saving people. All 5 movies have very well known casts in terms of acting and popularity, so it will be interesting to watch. I will definitely watch all movies except Dark Priests and STYLY. Koreans love family stories, so STYLY may be a hit too.

Truth be told, I actually dont mind whichever movie gets box office. I just want That Guy to be the best out of all Joowon's movies. We know how Joowon's movies fare in the industry, so I hope That Guy will be the start of his movie success. Getting box office would be awesome indeed, but more than that, it's time for Joowon to move on with great movie projects. He wants a change in his career this year and he succeeded with Yongpal. It will be a boost for Joowon if he succeeds with That Guy too.

Edited by farbarri
  • Like 9

Cr: pcarepp

I have seen some reviews on "This guy" by film critics . It ranged from okay to good. SO I believe it will be fine. I guess? Many give credit to Joo Won and Yoo Hye Jin as the reason why this movie is enjoyable till the end although the content is nothing out of ordinary . Joo Won ah.. Hwaiting! I guess I need to love you more :)  You deserve everything.

• Like 7