[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

This show is kinda funny. Why does the rating keep decreasing???? Though this show doesn't have particular things like in FO & all they have to do is running according to the title, this show seems fun.

I'm not sure where I've read it but an article said that the guests on RM do not have much screen time 'cause MCs talk a lot & they have to keep running. It's a bit true & I'm kinda sad 'cause when hongki appeared as a guest, I do think he didn't get much screen time.

*sob sob*

Okay, as long as this show is with Yoo Jae Suk, I'm gonna watch it. :D

Hi, it's my first post here ^^

I watched the Episode 11 and it was really funny, I love this show.

If you ask why Yonghwa was here again I think it's because he did a good jod in the episode 7 ( he has a competitive spirit lol) and if nobody want to come he must do it since he's a rookie, he can't say no. Then I see that he was really comfortable with the RM cast maybe because it was his second time.

If Yonghwa can shine in RM even if right now he's not the best in variety show the others guests can do it too, they just need to work a little harder.

Anyway I think they don't need idols because there are others shows without idols and the rating is good so a main cast is ok. They can have guests sometimes but they should focus on the bond between the cast.

Do you know when Joongki will be back, I know he does a drama but we don't see him a lot. Oh and for this episode did the rating was good ?

Thanks for the link ^^

Guest aussucha

555+

running EP11

have more fun

5555555555555555555+

i watch MHAN

but it fun and has yonghwa CNBLUE[scrip hero]

so i allow load bit 9.85GB to my HD

5555+

wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank for sub eng all episode i love running man

make me happy every sunday :D

i hope joong ki comeback very soon :wub:

Guest dancakes

yonghwa's been doing a really good job setting an example of how a guest can get a lot of screen time, he's really competitive and participates a lot, plus he's really good at finding all those stuff lmao.. past episodes have been getting really good, esp the with the organization and ideas. recent ep with jae dong and yonghwa you could really notice they're refining their ideas and games like the new ball systems they've been trying and there's a lot more talking and chatting. even with gary's little hidden prank, all these things are starting to freshen the show up and it's been getting a lot of more LOL's from me. plus i'm glad they're not using the same games every show, the tea/drinking game was hilarious at first but they started using it almost every ep fortunately they stopped and started makign new games. Though the show is about running, i actually enjoy it more when they just talk cause the interaction within the RM family is hilarious. RM, because of the progression i really think this show is going to be one of the best with time! just like how FO sucked with ratings at first, even 1night 2 days. All shows have a rough beginning, but i'm sure RM will become super polished and refined and a lot of ppl are gonna start watching it

Guest Heftigfin

Wow episode 11 was really bad:P Boring guests, like 10 min of the actual running and 50 min of them sitting around stamping letters! haha... But that's probably to adress the concern that the guests aren't getting enough screen time. oh well, I guess it would be funnier for someone a bit more fluent in Korean than I am!:) 10 out of 11 episodes which were hilarious tho. I'm not complaining^^

What did you guys think?

Edit reason: Elaboration;)

Guest Heftigfin

I think you might be right about the episode. They spent way too much time trying "tattoo" Gary and the other post card game could have easily been cut down to maybe 5 minutes or so. For the actual "Running Man" segment I didn't really see anything outstanding, and I say this lightly, other than Je Dong snapping at Jong Kook and his other team mates after they lost the game.

The PD, etc. really need to work on the show if they want it to stick around for any length of time. If they continue to have lackluster episodes like this one the show will find itself canceled.

I agree. It seems like a high budget show too, with the renting of the complexes and all. Hopefully they will find a solution.

Tho have much fun you can have at a post office is limited:) There's not much else to do but stamping and sorting letters, and lifting boxes^^

Guest icedevil0289

I abosolutely love this show. Yoojaesuk never fails to make me laugh, and I love his rivarly/bickering with KJK. Not to mention that haha gary crack me up. they should never get rid of photozone because I die laughing at how gary is always in the photo and has a composed expression. the girl, I forgot her name, is cool as well. and joongki is so adorable. I finished watchin episodes 1-6 and I was laughing pretty much the whole time, more so than I ever have on FO, that's for sure. No offense to the FO fans here.

I get what many people are saying in that the guests barely have any screen time. I've noticed that. Imo, I like the cast as they are. And since it is a game show, it is hard to do a lot of talking, since it's more action based than anything.

okay i agree with pretty much EVERYTHING you said here haha

i'm glad yonghwa will be a guest again. okay, granted i'm a yonghwa fan but at least he does something.. guests like jessica (sorry not trying to put her on blast) didn't get airtime because they really didn't do anything special in order to get attention (even if they are idol stars). like the guests that Lil.Miss.A mentioned, shin bong sun glued herself LITERALLY onto kjk; yonghwa basically didn't stop running the whole time, etc.

i'm not saying other guests don't do anything. i'm sure they're working REALLY hard and of course they're tired but that goes for every other member on the show so they have to do MORE in order to shine.

anyways those are my two cents.

i'm not sure why but i find myself rooting for yoo jaesuk's team EVERY time, i think i'm naturally drawn to him -__- haha

ps. anyone else love the jihyo+gary pseudo love line as much as i do? ♥

no I root for yoojaesuk's team almost all the time, as for the most part his team is the underdog team. they are usually filled with the not so athletic, at times pathetic, yet incredibly hilarious people, so i almost always want them to win.

agreed! pd nowadays just want to boost ratings by having all these idols on their show. what they dont realise is that the idols are not the one who can boost the ratings when the show is not that funny in the first place. viewers will eventually lose interests once they know what the pd is trying to do. and the reality is that bringing all these idols can only last for a while! i wish they would span out the episode into 2 like they did for ep 2+3 and 4+5 and please change the team around instead of keeping it the same. they should at least build their relationship with other members instead

I don't think they really need to focus on building relationships. this is not FO. It's more of game variety show than anything. And xman also pretty much kept the same people on the same teams, aside from the guests.

I think you might be right about the episode. They spent way too much time trying "tattoo" Gary and the other post card game could have easily been cut down to maybe 5 minutes or so.

yes, at first it was interesting and funny but then it's getting boring.

yes the sitting around was also boring for non korean speaker like me. I need eng sub!

But I like Ep.11 guests. Both put much effort for the team. Maybe becoz I miss JeDong and again, Yonghwa was the MVP.

Episode 11 was kinda short, I wish they could make it longer.

Does anybody know who's the next guest?

Question for next week is that: Now "The Monkey" is on hiatus, Can Running Man make a comeback or it will not affect KBS ratings and this show will just get stuck on the 7.0-8.0 mark?

This is going to be interesting lol.

Guest nicha1980

Ep.11's ratings...

AGB: 7.0 % , TNmS: 8.2%                                                 

Last week (Ep.10)...

AGB: 6.6 % , TNmS: 7.8%

Heroes was doing really great job though cuz  the show is the same time slot as 1n2d but it still managed to get 9-10% mark...AGB: 9.2 % , TNmS: Nationwide 9.5%, Seoul 10.3%

credit dc yjs

Guest bettechai

Hi.! every one this is my first post i just finished watching the episode with SNSD's Jessica and i find the show funny..haha :D ...And i even Like Gary;s Game and GARY..haha he's Peaceful Face..LOL :P Can anyone Tell me where can i watch the latest Episode With Yong Hwa with English Sub.??? Thanks

Ep.11's ratings...

AGB: 7.0 % , TNmS: 8.2%                                                 

Last week (Ep.10)...

AGB: 6.6 % , TNmS: 7.8%

Heroes was doing really great job though cuz  the show is the same time slot as 1n2d but it still managed to get 9-10% mark...AGB: 9.2 % , TNmS: Nationwide 9.5%, Seoul 10.3%

credit dc yjs

overall i think heroes is nicer to watch than running man... their ratings is higher than running man even though its same time slot as 1n2d,its really very impressive..

if running man shown same time as 1n2d,i think it might get 5% or lower.... they cant even steal ratings from qualifying man which is shown on kbs at same time slot,this really shows how bad it is in korea tat people not interested in it..

Guest Lil.Miss.A

I liked this week's epi and seems the guests and the regulars got good portions of airtime.

Happy that Jaedong is back on variety shows! I'll be happy if Jaedong and Yonghwa both become regulars on RM.

I had fun watching the entire ep, from start to finish. Especially the first part when they prank Gary.. poor him but it was hilarious plus he's loving all the chance he can get teasing Jihyo. Gwangsoo also repeatedly lost the chance to "ink" Gary. The Thief card game and the box Jenga were fun to watch as well. They cut the hide and seek part short but I don't really mind since they show all the good parts. KJK scolding Gary and Haha were funny as well. This time most of the funny bits are actually on the dialogues like Gary's and Jaedong's comments.

I'm glad the rating is creeping up bit by bit too.. I think it just takes time for this show to grab a steady fanbase and then it will have a better rating.

@ratings

Thing is that The recent episodes of Qualifying Men were about them forming a choir. Those stuff were really interesting on TV and it keeps viewers anticipate on the upcoming episodes. meanwhile on Running Man, they are doing the same old stuff all over again. As I said on FO, FO2 and now here: SBS is not trying hard enough to compete with KBS. they are just stuck on making another X-man successor again and again and those succeeding shows were not doing well(well, maybe FO but still not enough to beat 1n2d on the long run). its really lame if they are already satisfied with an average ratings of 10% not to mention that they have Friggin' Yoo Jae Suk(This guy deserves higher ratings).

Then again, Its really interesting on what will happen for the next few episodes.

just my 2 cents.

Guest sunny_dance

I think KJK's surgery has somewhat to do with the way things are right now. It's scripted to fit around this and to include him in the show. Let's face it, KJK is one of the main anchors along with YJS. Aside from the hide-and-seek game, there's been less physical games and more sit-down games, which the PDs have tailored to accomodate KJK for the time being. Maybe after KJK's fully healed, they'll go back to playing more of the physical games? But since games are the concept of the show, and some of those games have gotten stale and routine, they need more variety in this area to keep the viewers engaged.

I don't care about who the guests are anymore. The guests need to do their part to make themselves shine or they'll be just another wallflower on camera. They shouldn't bank so much on the guests, and try to recapture what they had in FO anyway. I like the cast, and I like watching their interactions and commentaries with each other. I think they'd be able to carry the show on their own if need be, and this way the viewers also see the characters and relationships develop. But I think the cast has chemistry as it stands. Either way, I'd still watch.

I'm in the minority that liked this week's episode. If you understood the dialogue, the episode was hilarious. If not, then it was just another 'boring' episode. I didn't like the venue though, the space limited them to do only what they could.

@ratings

Thing is that The recent episodes of Qualifying Men were about them forming a choir. Those stuff were really interesting on TV and it keeps viewers anticipate on the upcoming episodes. meanwhile on Running Man, they are doing the same old stuff all over again. As I said on FO, FO2 and now here: SBS is not trying hard enough to compete with KBS. they are just stuck on making another X-man successor again and again and those succeeding shows were not doing well(well, maybe FO but still not enough to beat 1n2d on the long run). its really lame if they are already satisfied with an average ratings of 10% not to mention that they have Friggin' Yoo Jae Suk(This guy deserves higher ratings).

Then again, Its really interesting on what will happen for the next few episodes.

just my 2 cents.

i agree with ur post... sbs just not making enough effort or they just ran out of ideas...

qualifying men,even thought not many people watch in soompi forum,but its really interesting,i enjoy it more than 1n2d now.. they keep having lots long term project and goals tat makes the viewers hooked to it... the band project was amazing,now its the choir.. its always refreshing stuffs instead of same old stuffs and format on running man...

infinity challenge is very successful because of the format,always new stuffs and lots different projects and of course,the chemistry of the members is insane... they went overseas filming a few times as well like phillipines and new zealand..

1n2d,they even have special episodes once in a while.. they have viewers trip project where by the viewers can go film and camp with the members.. they had visited north korea mt baekdusan and china as well.. too bad the antartica project was cancelled because of the earthquake.some of the episodes are also very enjoyable when they play games against the staffs and the staffs lost and sleep outside.. but its getting a little stale for me also,only the members chemistry keep me going from watching..

fo1 and fo2 format didnt give them the chance to go overseas and stuffs.. maybe running man will have special episodes and film overseas and famous places and stuffs but i think their budget doesnt allow it since they had more members including guest than other shows,too costly..

really hope sbs can come up with a better show concept in future.... so far some running man episodes are nice to watch,but some are pretty boring,not consistent at all..

Other thing: One of the reasons on why I think KBS Happy Sunday Stands out is that QM and 1N2D complement with each other. QM is a good lead-in for 1N2D and they work together so good, they don't even need to split the ratings into two parts to get a 20% output because their average rating of both shows has the potential to break the 30% mark.