[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

Guest silverkey_

some parts of the most recent running man has been subbed!

(cha tae hyun's episode)

Running Man EP12 eng subbed

enjoy guys :D

Oh i tought the sept. 12 episode is actually episode 10 not 12???

still thanks for the link! it was hard guessing the first part of the game without subs.

Guest chopper!

this ep wasn't so great, they were speed walking man =3=

and there weren't even places to hide except boxes which are so obvious lols

but i liked the gary and jiho loveline thing they did haha, gary is so funny (like him better than gil! XD) him & his cheesy lines

kim jae dong next ep with yonghwa again~

this ep wasn't so great, they were speed walking man =3=

and there weren't even places to hide except boxes which are so obvious lols

but i liked the gary and jiho loveline thing they did haha, gary is so funny (like him better than gil! XD) him & his cheesy lines

kim jae dong next ep with yonghwa again~

Well... they were power walking b/c KJK just got back from back surgery (anyone else surprised that he's not taking any time off?) and YJS also asked for a handicap at the beginning. I don't think it really was that big of a deal and if nothing else provided a little change up.

I agree that the location didn't exactly have many places to hide, but then again the game that they played required for one team to steal the art pieces and not hide from the other team like in past games.

But I also really like the Gary/Jihyo loveline and it looked like in the preview that they'll be on the same team next week. Gary really says some cheesy lines which I find extremely surprising b/c his image is completely different in Leessang (same goes for Gil in Night Star). And anyone else get the feeling that Joongki likes Jihyo too from previous episodes?

Man... I really wished this had been a 2 episoder b/c CTH is so funny. Would've loved to have seen more scenes with him. That being said... I'm disappointed about the guests for next week's episode. No offense to any CN Blue fans but c'mon... seriously?

Highlights:

- Gary/Jihyo loveline

- JSJ and KJK elevator scene

- CTH being captured by KJK

- The betting auction

Guest streetrat

KJKGlobal are amazing and released episode 8 subbed!

http://z13.invisionfree.com/KimJongKookGlobal/index.php?showtopic=729&st=0&#e;ntry3181548

edit: oh nvm it was already posted!

Guest MisterAT

I'm curious, how do you guys find the stability and the ground work for the show? I remembered on the first episode they edited out a lot of the guys. Then they started having 2 part episodes, and yet they still cut a lot of the games. Now it's back to 1 part episodes, does it feel at all stable to you guys, or do you have the same opinion as me that they don't have a steady stable foundation yet?

Guest patricktjai

I'm curious, how do you guys find the stability and the ground work for the show? I remembered on the first episode they edited out a lot of the guys. Then they started having 2 part episodes, and yet they still cut a lot of the games. Now it's back to 1 part episodes, does it feel at all stable to you guys, or do you have the same opinion as me that they don't have a steady stable foundation yet?

You might be right, but it's kinda difficult for the PD as well to select parts they wanna show.The concept is kinda new (running game) and they have to see how viewers respond to the new show and right now the rates aint bad at all. it's an 1:15 hour show ofcourse they do have to cut off lots of scene. there might be funny parts in the unseen cuts and I would like to see them as well.But ,Oh well u can't wish for everything since it's an 1.15 hour show.

I have to admit they didnt start off well. People where complaining that they were running too much and should create a bond with eachother. Right now people are complaining they aren't running. LoL It makes PD difficult to produce a show. Which u can see throughout the show. If you look at the first episode and the Last episode !! U can see they are a lot stable right now. The casting is a lot more comfortable with eachother (except the tall guy forgot his name) and viewers will notice this, which pump up the view rates.

kim jae dong ---> lol lets see if he is gonna mention hyori infront of KJK

yong hwa -------> 2nd time on the show, Boring ? or did PD has something in mind to entertain us bringing him for the 2nd time ?

Well my opion is this show can make it. It won't be the best variety show ever, but it's always entertaining with wih YJS and KJK thats what it is all about !!!

LAST EPISODE WAS HILARIOUS ..RUNNING MAN PANG ''I SWEAR '' :)

gogo KJK gary haha YJS

I agree with you all I want CTH to appear at least in 3 episodes! LOL He's so funny!

Yep Love YJS and KJK !!

I heard that Running man has low rating now. if this rating continue, the show may be terminated. many celebrities don't want to appear in this show since it's filmed overnight, and people just run around, no chance to promote himself.

maybe that's why PD try their best and ask previous guests like Yonghwa to appear again, since he's rookie, he can't refuse.

I personally don't mind about it. Funny or not, as long as they give good performance in competition, I'm all with it.

Running Man is the show to avoid going on?

20100914_runningman_1-460x368.jpg

There has been talk lately that SBS Running Man“, a segment on the “Good Sunday” variety show, has become a program that have talents hoping to avoid getting on.

Since the debut episode with Lee Hyori and Hwang Jung Eum, many other stars have participated in the show. Even figure-skating queen Kim Yuna appeared once, by being a mission narrator. Yet despite the star power in the past, ‘Running Man’ has recently got stars wanting to ‘run away’, rather than participate.

Compared to other shows, ‘Running Man’ is extremely tiring to be on. Running non-stop throughout the night when one is supposed to be sleeping is the main gripe, as artists derive no joy but tired limbs and aching bones afterwards.

Variety shows are a great way for artists to bond with their viewers, as they expose a different side of themselves previously unknown to the audience. Keeping this purpose in mind, ‘Running Man’ has become discouraging for the guest participants; lately, no matter how hard they try, it’s difficult for guest stars to have their faces shown on the program. Se7en made an appearance recently, but you rarely notice that he was in it. The same goes for F.T. Island’s Lee Hong Ki, SNSD’s Jessica,and MBLAQ’s Lee Joon.

There are exceptions of course, with CN Blue’s Jung Yonghwa playing an active role in his guest appearance.

With national MC Yoo Jae Suk and talking machine Ji Suk Jin holding down the fort alongside other fixed cast members, guest stars rarely get any talking time. It’s been said that they feel like ‘folding screens’ instead.

The hours of material have also been shortened into just 70 minutes per episode, compared to having 2 episodes in the earlier versions. Drastically reducing air time and increasing the possibility of being edited out have also become deterring factors for future participants.

A production staff expressed, “When we fix appointments with guest stars, they appear to be more worried than happy. After handling a packed day schedule, guests have to keep themselves perked up for the running portion of Running Man at night, and that’s no easy task. We have gotten feedback that aside from the opening, viewers have no idea who the guests are for the remainder of the show.”

With the format of ‘Running Man’ remaining unchanged, guest stars are a must in order to keep the show fresh and interesting for the viewers. Let’s hope that the show can pick up and become a program that stars want to appear on.

Source: allkpop

-

By the way, you know how in the first episode, they said that if you tear off the opponent's nametag, they can't play the game anymore. Do they still follow that?

Plus, when did Yoon Se Ah say that made everyone so shocked? (reference)

interesting article from allkpop... maybe tats y junghwa of cnblue is back,they cant find any guests who are interested... its really very tiring to film overnight doing physical activities plus the ratings is really low...

not sure how much longer this show will last,sbs have been depending on guest power to boost ratings since family outing and didnt have much success.

Hello, I'm new here so please forgive me if I make any mistake. sweatingbullets.gif 

I have been watching running man since the first episode and I LOVE IT!!!wub.gif It hurts to hear that the ratings are not that high...

I want to ask if anyone here has the link to Running Man ep7 eng subbed??? If you do, can you please post it here? I really love that episode because there's Yonghwa in it ^^

Guest starfire22century

OMO. this is like a teaser.. i really want to see the full show. CTH should appear more in varieties..

There are 3 parts Eng Subbed of Ep 10.

To watch it, u need to place ur mouse inside the picture,

1st pic = part 1,

2nd pic = part 2

I just figured it out.

Those complaints make a lot of sense to me because even if you look back at the episode with Nichkhun and Jessica which was when they were doing each Running Man into "two-part" episodes. You barely saw Nichkhun or Jessica in the episode.

A star is going on a variety show for publicity/appearance reasons, but why would you go do a program that takes like 7-10 hours to film. Does it from like 10/11pm to 6am in the morning and then maybe only appear on screen for a couple minutes?

The PD definitely needs to find a way to better address the concerns. I don't think it has anything to do with the size of the cast. Family Outing had a lot of members, but they were still able to attract good guest stars.

As someone else said I think this is probably the reason Yonghwa is back on the show since they have other stars turning them down. Yonghwa is employed by SBS (hosting Inkigayo) so they may have requested to him that he appear on Running Man again.

I think they may need to take out the hide and seek type games the show because that seems to be where the guest stars disappear. Suddenly you have the cast all split-up and different camera-men covering different members by themselves and there's just not enough time to see what the guest stars are up to.

Guest patricktjai

lol disagree with taking out the hide and seek game scene.

the show called running man and that's the only game scene where they are running during the game.

If they take that game out, what is the purpose of calling it running man. Doesn't makes sense.

It is true that the first episode they were running too much. They should cut of more running parts and playing regular games. Eventually they did, and now there is only have 1 running game during the show. And it's not only running and catch now, but variety hide and seek like the last episode with KJK. Not bad

The show really took too long to pick up the right taste. first episode tubes, 4 episode piggy bank, last couple once colour ball. They should have sort this out before this show starts which methode they should use. After airing they see the mayor fault in the episode. like the first episode by input the codes just by checken over at the neighbours.

The last thing I wanna mention is some casting doesn't feel comfortable during the show like the tall guy (Lee Gwang Soo). He is totally not funny at all mayBe it's just me or maybe he doesn't have experience on variety shows. If you look at haha he isn't eyecatching either, but he knows when to jump in to make the funny comment.

Let's see how things will turn out hopefully they will attract more big stars to join the show... HYORI !!! :]

I get the running man aspect of the show, I'm just saying ways to reassure celebrities that they will actually get 'face time' on Running Man.

If they keep the hide & seek stuff I think they should probably have it be more team oriented and less individual stuff. Because whenever we see the individual stuff the focus ends up being on YJS or KJK, which I understand because both are interesting people and I personally enjoy watching it, but I can understand why a celebrity would see that and think "Well, if I go on this show I'll spend maybe 8-10 hours running my butt off late at night and be extremely tired the next day and all I'll have to show for it is a couple minutes on this show which isn't getting super high ratings."

completely agree with what TIMPA said... the show is way too tiring and not worth putting so much effort for the guest to promote themselves... just watched the son dambi,se7en and shinyoung episode,shinyoung was even sleeping in one corner during the game...

i really wonder how yjs cope doing this running man show with such busy schedules with happy together,infinity challenge,come to play and many more... plus this is probably the only show being filmed overnight,totally screw everyone sleeping pattern...

Guest patricktjai

hahahaha agree with guys.

It's true camera's are focus on kjk and yjs mayBe PD favor them more cuz they did family outing.

let's hope they will focus more on the guest upcoming episodes. otherwise no guest will be join the next show :(

Next episode looks pretty funny !! :D giant jenga and stamping game hahaha :]