Charice, the first Asian to enter in Top 10 (NO. 8) spot in Billboard's Top 200 Chart

Guest popsicles

Guest amaineko

Not quite sure either. Oh by the way, she's got a Facebook account... Added her already. *yay* :lol:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chris22

According to Wikipedia:

"The second single from the album, "Nothing", will be released on July 6, 2010 with the third single, "Nobody's Singin' To Me", due for a fall, 2010 release."

Any truth to this? :huh: Is this accurate?

Guest amaineko

According to Wikipedia:

"The second single from the album, "Nothing", will be released on July 6, 2010 with the third single, "Nobody's Singin' To Me", due for a fall, 2010 release."

So far I haven't heard about that yet.. I guess I'll know when it's posted on her fansite.

Guest kensamor

According to Wikipedia:

I'd say the accurate source if information is her fan sites (Charicemania and Charicediva) so since they have not said anything about this then this is just a rumor. Even the Philippine media is not a credible source, in my opinion.

Guest amaineko

Guys have you heard this demo she did? It's a pity was not included. It's called ELECTRIC..

Listen to it

I can not find the whole demo though..

Guest chris22

I'd say the accurate source if information is her fan sites (Charicemania and Charicediva) so since they have not said anything about this then this is just a rumor. Even the Philippine media is not a credible source, in my opinion.

:lol: yeah, you can say that again. The dude who published the story wrote about it again. He's implying that there might be some truth to the rumor citing a website in the states claiming that Charice is set for an audition for glee. Anyway... for me, i think it would be better for her to concentrate on her music career first. I think it would be best if she just guested and not actually be part of the cast. She'll be doing covers again if she joins that show... not a good idea, in my opinion. Especially now that she's in the middle of cementing her identity as a solo artist.

But I guess gleeks and chasters would disagree :P

Guys have you heard this demo she did? It's a pity was not included. It's called ELECTRIC..

Listen to it

I can not find the whole demo though..

so pop-y and so catchy... hmmm... i wonder why this didn't make the cut in her album.. her voice sounds so sexy here.. maybe that's the reason why. :P

Guest amaineko

I was wondering about that as well. She said it herself on december 29 blogtv. Would have been great. Anyway, it would be nice if she does another duet with DRS. They seem pretty close. So far he's the other artist that tweet her the most and v.v.

Guest chris22

I was wondering about that as well. She said it herself on december 29 blogtv. Would have been great. Anyway, it would be nice if she does another duet with DRS. They seem pretty close. So far he's the other artist that tweet her the most and v.v.

Oh? She does blogTV? Does she broadcast often?

Who's "v.v."?

Pocholo Concepcion wrote about the Glee incident again.. hehe..

Guest bubblepeach

Congrats Charice! Pyramid is a good song.

Wow, she works with Ryan Tedder as well? Awesome ^^

Guest amaineko

Oh? She does blogTV? Does she broadcast often?

Who's "v.v."?

Pocholo Concepcion wrote about the Glee incident again.. hehe..

She does but I have never participated. I participated on the blogradio talk last Friday though. I'll check with Chasters @ Charicemania.. :)

Anyway look @ this cute video message from Italian contestants...

@ bubblepeach:Yes, he wrote "I Did It For You" which is my 2nd favorite track on the album. I think David F might have given her all the best writers/composers he can find. It does wonders when you're already talented and then you're also given the best writers/composers.

I noticed, DRS also mentions her a lot in Twitter. Nice to have support from your own writers too.

Anyway, update on the GLEE rumor. She will be in a different show:

Charice to appear on 'Regis and Kelly,' not 'Glee,' says mom

by Reyma Buan-Deveza, abs-cbnNEWS.com

Posted at 05/31/2010 4:54 PM | Updated as of 05/31/2010 5:49 PM

MANILA, Philippines – After disputing an online report on her supposed appearance on “Glee,” the camp of Charice finally revealed the young international singing sensation’s next big television appearance in the United States.

Charice’s mom, Raquel Pempengco, told abs-cbnNEWS.com that the “Pyramid” singer will appear on “Live with Regis and Kelly” on June 16 to promote her self-titled international album.

“Live with Regis and Kelly” is an American TV morning talk show hosted by Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa.

"Walang sinabi si Charice tungkol sa ‘Glee.’ Ang show na sinasabi niya 'yong ‘Regis and Kelly,’” Pempengco clarified.

An online news site (not abs-cbnNEWS.com) reported last week that Charice would join the cast of “Glee,” a hit American musical comedy-drama TV series. The singer, however, denied the report.

2ebs41l.jpg

Charice will make a TV appearance on “Live with Regis and Kelly” on June 16 to promote her international album.

Charice tweeted: "I just want to let you all know that it's not true that I'm going to be on Glee... How I wish! Haha.”

"LOL. Rumors!!! I am not going to be on Glee..Haha...That's really funny. I didn't know about the Glee [role]. Hahaha, until I saw Perez's blog. This is really confusing," the singer posted on her Twitter page.

Meanwhile, Charice flew to Florida after recording an album in Japan last week. This CD, said Pempengco, will be released in Japan on July 9.

The Filipino pint-sized singer is now busy promoting her first international album not only in the US but in different countries as well. Pempengco said Charice will be in Toronto, Canada on June 3, 4 and 5; Paris, France, June 17; London, June 20; and Germany, June 22.

SOURCE: ABS CBN News

Looks like she has a full schedule for the year already. She's doing the David Foster and Friends tour in Asia starting October.. Gosh, gotta save now since they'll be here in Manila. I'll definitely go! :)

And here are the Unofficial pictures for the Japanese release on July 27th... From her Twitter...again it's not yet official:

vhrepv.jpg

2ni5xqe.jpg

Source

Guest lucy_monostone

wow~ i'm loving the japanese album cover even though it's not official yet, i hope to see more!!! she's so lovely, she looks sophisticated and fresh to my eyes...i really like how the japanese do their photo shoots, you know... their so stylish~

Guest amaineko

Charice recorded an album in Japan?! Sugoi!! Hope it's good! >.<

Yes she did, it will be releasedon July 7th. :) She's already on Warner Japan Artist profile..:)

Guest amaineko

You and your opinions always make me laugh.

I think she's a great singer but honestly...I haven't heard any buzz about her at all. I watched her Pyramid video and absolutely hate how they drowned out her voice with all that digital crap. It doesn't even sound like her. And I may get a lot of hate for this but I don't exactly consider Filipinos Asian. Say what you want but thats the last I'm gonna comment about it.

Well that's your opinion. Not gonna react about Filipinos being not Asian. :) I'll "ahem" pardon that IGNORANCE. After all, they say ignorance is bliss. *pun intended*

Anyway, moving on her Japanese album tracks' out @ Warner Japan website:

Charice @ Warner Music Japan

Her schedule:

June 4 MuchMusic Canada. and Toronto Eaton Center

She'll also be in Ytv.(YTV is a Canadian English-language cable television specialty channel aimed at youth, available nationwide through cable and satellite television. YTV’s schedule is primarily children’s programming, with target audiences ranging from pre-schoolers to young adults.)

June 12 Milwaukee PrideFest.

List of other announcements, news and interviews can be found @ Charicemania.

Archived