Charice, the first Asian to enter in Top 10 (NO. 8) spot in Billboard's Top 200 Chart

Guest popsicles

Latest Article about Charice @popeater.

She will participate in Milwaukee's Pride Fest, which Patti LaBelle will be joining. Maybe she will have the chance to meet Patti. That would be great. :)

Not trying to bash but I say this about every younger artist with a big voice....please for the love of god do not try to sing alongside Patti Labelle because you will get tore up lol. This is not only directed towards Charice but any young big voice lady.

Christina Aguilera tried it and got schooled.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kensamor

when you refer to people of mixed asian race not being authentic..

not only are you talking about me, but generalizing anybody who is a mix of asian

I'm very sure I wasn't talking about you or anyone here unless you released a top 10 album in the US. I'm commenting only within the context of the thread title. Since the thread is about a record or title, I'm just touching the technical side of it. Nothing else. However, some people are just so dramatic making a mountain out of a molehill. :rolleyes:

Guest chris22

showgunz

http://www.billboard.com/artist/michelle-b...05&g=Albums

http://www.billboard.com/artist/cassie/cha...05&g=Albums

um...no

you said she was the "FIRST ASIAN SOLO ARTIST to enter the TOP 10 in the BILLBOARD TOP 200

and that's what i'm responding to

all i've done is point out that your "FACT" is wrong

and all i did in my original post was point out a FACT, that counterpoints the thread title

SHE IS. I said "FIRST ASIAN SOLO ARTIST..." and not "FIRST SOLO ARTIST OF ASIAN DESCENT...".

Our disagreement here is not about who was first or who was given credit, the reason we cannot accept each others statement is because we both look differently on what is a pure Asian or you not recognizing the fact that there is such a thing as a pure Asian. You want evidence? I'm one. A pure Asian. Both my parents are Asian and so are my grandparents and my great grandparents. I was born and raised in Asia, I still live and work in Asia and I am a citizen of a country in Asia. I am biologically, geographically and morally Asian. And so is Charice. If you want more evidence that there is such a thing as a pure Asian, go to China, you'll find a billion evidence.

Like I said already, Michelle can never claim that she is a pure Asian (w/ Indonesian blood). She shouldn't. If she did, she would absolutely disregard her Dutch and French descent and her American upbringing. That would be completely unfair for her father and America since the US was the country that made her harness her talent. So can we say that she's a pure asian? NO. But we are proud of her and Asia can take credit nonetheless. But Asia can never take credit for her training, her upbringing and can never take full credit of her blood. The same argument goes for Cassie also, the daughter of a Filipino father and an African-American and Mexican mother, born and raised in the US.

Why do you have such a problem with a pure Asian? Are you of mixed descent? If you were half black american and half malaysian and born and raised in the US, can you announce to the world that you are Asian??? If you did, you would totally disregard the descent of one of your parents and discredit the country that raised you. There is nothing wrong with having mixed blood. In fact, it is arguable that you have more advantages. But to take credit away from Charice who is a fellow pure asian like us, born, raised, holding residence and citizenship in asia is totally unfair.

If you have a problem with that FACT, blame the one who created the study of biology and also the one who created and formalized citizenship of a country. You must find those people racists.

showgunz

also, i have not asked anybody to credit or discredit any artist. that was you.

"You gotta give this girl some credit. She deserves it. If you're not a fan, then people could at least respect this kid. I'm saying this especially to Asians out there."

add that to your "FACT" and you're discrediting other artists of asian descent

:huh:

The whole point of my arguments was to give her credit. Duh... wasn't that obvious? You on the other hand are the one trying to take away credit with your arguments. Your issue is not who was the first artist to achieve what is mentioned, your issue is who should be called asian. I'm pointing out that Charice is a pure Asian, but obviously you don't believe in such a thing. Which frankly is offending for a pure Asian like myself.

If there is someone who was discrediting other artists, its you. No one even mentioned names of other artists here until you came along.

I'll add this to my FACTS.

Add it to yours too, cause your facts are twisted and malicious. I can almost smell a troll.

showgunz

where did i say anything that was a knock on charice?

where did i say anything about who's allowed to be proud of charice?

all i said was i won't give her credit for a fan's false claim

Thank you for being proud of her then. Anyone should be, based on the kid's talent and story.

The claim is accurate and not false at all. If you find the facts inaccurate, these are the things I suggest you do:

1) Blame the person who wrote the book on biology and race diversity, smack him in the head and call him a racist for coming up with the study that showed that there is such a thing as a pure asian. Convince them that science is fraudulent.

2) Go to the UN and protest the idea of citizenship. We are a global citizen anyway, right? Hold a placard and protest outside the white house and fight for America to be renamed Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China or the Philippines or any Asian country.

3) Visit Cassie and Michelle and force them to claim that they really are pure Asians. Let's see if you don't get slapped in the face.

BEST ADVICE:

Start a new thread entitled:

"International Artists WITH ASIAN DESCENT who have significantly achieved much in the world stage"

I'll be there in that thread and compliment Michelle and Cassie.

We don't look down upon people with mixed asian descent. I suggest you don't look down upon pure blooded asians either and start recognizing the fact that we do exist and give credit to what is due to us.

I'm very sure I wasn't talking about you or anyone here unless you released a top 10 album in the US. I'm commenting only within the context of the thread title. Since the thread is about a record or title, I'm just touching the technical side of it. Nothing else. However, some people are just so dramatic making a mountain out of a molehill. :rolleyes:

I think it's more that alot of mixed people feel that they don't really belong in terms of having a solid identity as to what they are. (2nd rate citzens??) so what you say may actually be offensive.- 'authentic' ? So you're basically insinuating that mixes are in a way 'fake' ==" lol (I'm pure chinese btw, I just am able to empathise with what they might be thinking unlike you)

You should apologise, what you said was pretty ... wtf lol.

oh and ^ wow. You're way too into this.

Guest chris22

I think it's more that alot of mixed people feel that they don't really belong in terms of having a solid identity as to what they are. (2nd rate citzens??) so what you say may actually be offensive.- 'authentic' ? So you're basically insinuating that mixes are in a way 'fake' ==" lol (I'm pure chinese btw, I just am able to empathise with what they might be thinking unlike you)

You should apologise, what you said was pretty ... wtf lol.

oh and ^ wow. You're way too into this.

I don't get why people of mixed descent should be so defensive. There is nothing stated here that discriminates or downplays the way they were born.

If more than anything, people with mixed-race descent should be proud that they are mixed. They have 2 or more backgrounds that they belong to. Isn't that something to be proud of? By the word "authentic", already means something pure. How can they say they're pure Asians when by blood and by nationality they are not? Don't you consider your other ethnicity aside from your Asian blood? Are you not proud that you are also American/African/ etc.? What's wrong with having more than one ethnicity?

Just a suggestion, wouldn't it be more simple if you identify yourselves as American? (That is if you were born and live in the US)

If this forum was about American authenticity, I bet you would also be asking an apology saying that you should be called an authentic american. You can't have it all, you know. If you are of mixed descent, I suggest you identify yourself with the country you consider your home.

People with pure Asian blood are being forced to take the defensive here. It is not right. Not right at all.

Guest amaineko

Not trying to bash but I say this about every younger artist with a big voice....please for the love of god do not try to sing alongside Patti Labelle because you will get tore up lol. This is not only directed towards Charice but any young big voice lady.

Hmmm..Nothing wrong for any young big voiced lady/teenager to sing with Patti. If they look up to her as a role model why not? I do not think Patti would mind singing with the younger generation IMHO.

Christina Aguilera tried it and got schooled.- I don't understand.. (you mean she had to be schooled?..sorry just clarifying what you meant in context).

Guest chris22

Patti is a great singer. Charice held her ground with Celine and Andrea Bocelli. ;)

But we won't know if she can hold her own with Ms. Patti. We'll find out soon enough. Perhaps she'll surprise us again. B)

Guest amaineko

Patti is a great singer. Charice held her ground with Celine and Andrea Bocelli. ;)

But we won't know if she can hold her own with Ms. Patti. We'll find out soon enough. Perhaps she'll surprise us again. B)

Anyway she's in Japan now recording 2 Japanese songs for her album release this June and photo shoot. It's a completely different cover from the US and International albums.

Guest chris22

Anyway she's in Japan now recording 2 Japanese songs for her album release this June and photo shoot. It's a completely different cover from the US and International albums.

Yeah, I heard about that. Good for her. B) I learned Japan is 75% domestic when it comes to music. Recording in Japanese, even if it is just one song, is a good step for her to connect with the Japanese people. Once the song is released, share it with us. :D

Guest showgunz

let's have patti labelle and aretha franklin in a throwdown :)

you mad a generalization

it's like if i said charice fans are overhyped fanboys/fangirls

while i may only be referring to a few posters in this thread

i just unfairly threw every single charice fan into one category

SHE IS. I said "FIRST ASIAN SOLO ARTIST..." and not "FIRST SOLO ARTIST OF ASIAN DESCENT...".

Our disagreement here is not about who was first or who was given credit, the reason we cannot accept each others statement is because we both look differently on what is a pure Asian or you not recognizing the fact that there is such a thing as a pure Asian. You want evidence? I'm one. A pure Asian. Both my parents are Asian and so are my grandparents and my great grandparents. I was born and raised in Asia, I still live and work in Asia and I am a citizen of a country in Asia. I am biologically, geographically and morally Asian. And so is Charice. If you want more evidence that there is such a thing as a pure Asian, go to China, you'll find a billion evidence.

Why do you have such a problem with a pure Asian? Are you of mixed descent? If you were half black american and half malaysian and born and raised in the US, can you announce to the world that you are Asian??? If you did, you would totally disregard the descent of one of your parents and discredit the country that raised you. There is nothing wrong with having mixed blood. In fact, it is arguable that you have more advantages. But to take credit away from Charice who is a fellow pure asian like us, born, raised, holding residence and citizenship in asia is totally unfair.

If you have a problem with that FACT, blame the one who created the study of biology and also the one who created and formalized citizenship of a country. You must find those people racists.

1) Blame the person who wrote the book on biology and race diversity, smack him in the head and call him a racist for coming up with the study that showed that there is such a thing as a pure asian. Convince them that science is fraudulent.

2) Go to the UN and protest the idea of citizenship. We are a global citizen anyway, right? Hold a placard and protest outside the white house and fight for America to be renamed Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, China or the Philippines or any Asian country.

wow..it's amazing how you try to put words into my mouth

and equally amazing how you have continually raised the level of the race card, and try to accuse me of doing it

where have i said anything negative about "pure asians"?

where have i discredited charice with anything, other than a false claim?

where have i even come close to calling anybody racist?

the terms "pure asian" or "full asian" are constantly used

whether or not they're official terms is competely irrelevant

asians are asians

whether they're mixed or full...they're asian

and to answer your question:

i consider myself asian

and i also consider myself black

why would i, or anybody who is mixed, feel the need to disregard any of our upbringing?

Like I said already, Michelle can never claim that she is a pure Asian (w/ Indonesian blood). She shouldn't. If she did, she would absolutely disregard her Dutch and French descent and her American upbringing. That would be completely unfair for her father and America since the US was the country that made her harness her talent. So can we say that she's a pure asian? NO. But we are proud of her and Asia can take credit nonetheless. But Asia can never take credit for her training, her upbringing and can never take full credit of her blood. The same argument goes for Cassie also, the daughter of a Filipino father and an African-American and Mexican mother, born and raised in the US.

3) Visit Cassie and Michelle and force them to claim that they really are pure Asians. Let's see if you don't get slapped in the face.

again...why would they feel the need to disregard any of their upbringing?

why would either of them feel the need to claim to be "pure asian"

that single train of thought of yours just makes you look like you think being pure asian is better

:huh:

The whole point of my arguments was to give her credit. Duh... wasn't that obvious? You on the other hand are the one trying to take away credit with your arguments. Your issue is not who was the first artist to achieve what is mentioned, your issue is who should be called asian. I'm pointing out that Charice is a pure Asian, but obviously you don't believe in such a thing. Which frankly is offending for a pure Asian like myself.

If there is someone who was discrediting other artists, its you. No one even mentioned names of other artists here until you came along.

I'll add this to my FACTS.

Add it to yours too, cause your facts are twisted and malicious. I can almost smell a troll.

this is borderline comedy club

by continuing to claim that charice is the first asian in the top 10

you admittedly disregarded any previous artist

in effect..you don't consider anybody who is mixed to be asian

i, on the other hand, do consider them asian

and disagreed with the thread title

1. quote me where i have discredited anybody, other than a false claim

2. quote me where i have been malicious or twisted

3. troll? how bout a guy who registers just for the sole purpose of posting in a charice thread

and a guy he feels so highly of himself..he chose to speak for all of asia, as well as the OP

which makes me think you two know each other

the OP starts a thread; some people dislike charice; OP tells you; you register to give support

am i right? i am, ain't i?

Thank you for being proud of her then. Anyone should be, based on the kid's talent and story.

The claim is accurate and not false at all. If you find the facts inaccurate, these are the things I suggest you do:

BEST ADVICE:

Start a new thread entitled:

"International Artists WITH ASIAN DESCENT who have significantly achieved much in the world stage"

I'll be there in that thread and compliment Michelle and Cassie.

We don't look down upon people with mixed asian descent. I suggest you don't look down upon pure blooded asians either and start recognizing the fact that we do exist and give credit to what is due to us.

how bout changing the thread title to be more accurate

and what is with you and saying anybody is looking down on pure asians? quote me. or anybody else.

I don't get why people of mixed descent should be so defensive. There is nothing stated here that discriminates or downplays the way they were born.

If more than anything, people with mixed-race descent should be proud that they are mixed. They have 2 or more backgrounds that they belong to. Isn't that something to be proud of? By the word "authentic", already means something pure. How can they say they're pure Asians when by blood and by nationality they are not? Don't you consider your other ethnicity aside from your Asian blood? Are you not proud that you are also American/African/ etc.? What's wrong with having more than one ethnicity?

Just a suggestion, wouldn't it be more simple if you identify yourselves as American? (That is if you were born and live in the US)

If this forum was about American authenticity, I bet you would also be asking an apology saying that you should be called an authentic american. You can't have it all, you know. If you are of mixed descent, I suggest you identify yourself with the country you consider your home.

People with pure Asian blood are being forced to take the defensive here. It is not right. Not right at all.

what the hell are you talking about?

ethnicity and nationality are two completely different things

i already said i consider myself both asian & black

i'm also a u.s. citizen. so guess what? i identify myself as american as well

and wow...giving more suggestions on how people should think of themselves

not only that..you're trying to play the victim now. shenanigans!!

you and kensomars are the only ones who are making such a big deal about the difference between pure & mixed

this whole argument of yours about pure & mixed is ridiculous

Guest colloquy

Barack Obama is considered to be the first black president, and he is mixed.

Enough said. In order to keep your meaningless record, you better tack on 'pure.'

The whole term "authentic asian" sparked the outrage you guys and I don't blame showgunz for getting offended.

It may not be a big deal to you because you are not of mixed heritage, maybe you just chose the wrong words Kensamor..there is nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake.

Guest chris22

let's have patti labelle and aretha franklin in a throwdown :)

you mad a generalization

it's like if i said charice fans are overhyped fanboys/fangirls

while i may only be referring to a few posters in this thread

i just unfairly threw every single charice fan into one category

Not addressed to me.

wow..it's amazing how you try to put words into my mouth

and equally amazing how you have continually raised the level of the race card, and try to accuse me of doing it

where have i said anything negative about "pure asians"?

where have i discredited charice with anything, other than a false claim?

where have i even come close to calling anybody racist?

When you start taking away credit from a person who has pure asian blood, who lives in asia, who was born in asia, who has a citizenship in a country in asia and verbally claims in your national television that she is asian, then that's when issues like racism arises. The title I proposed "Charice, the FIRST ASIAN SOLO ARTIST to enter in TOP 10 (NO. 8) spot in BILLBOARD's TOP 200 ALBUM CHART" is accurate. This title is accurate because the term Asian is someone who is of pure asian blood, born, raised, resides, trained, schooled and descended from a family tree of asians. While you on the other hand consider anyone who has a pint of Asian blood, Asian. If I give in to your belief, then we might as well throw away the concept of racial diversity and consider that blacks, whites and asians are all of the same.

Instead of taking offense when you are called a mixed-asian, why don't you try being proud that you ARE mixed and stop trying to squeeze yourself in one race. You are half black and you are half asian and not neither of the two nor are you fully both of the two. The same goes for Michelle and Cassie. If I pour fresh orange juice in a glass, the substance in the glass is orange juice, right? Now if I put 2 spoonfuls of powdered mango juice concentrate in the orange juice, what is the substance now? Do you still claim that the substance in the glass is still fresh orange juice? No. To claim otherwise is false.(Sorry for the lack of a better example...)

You defend with an Idea of what is an Asian(which can be admirable). I defend with biological, geographical, societal and historical facts to point what an asian is.

the terms "pure asian" or "full asian" are constantly used

whether or not they're official terms is competely irrelevant

asians are asians

whether they're mixed or full...they're asian

I believe this is a perception coming from someone who is of mixed-race who feels misplaced. Don't take it out on me, who is pure asian.

Irrelevant? :rolleyes:

If I recognize you as an asian, then what do you call me?... "ultra"-asian?

I recognize you as someone who has mixed asian blood. Now what is wrong with that? Isn't that the truth? Moreso, I recognize you as an American from North America. Now what is wrong with that too?

Whether you like it or not, the fact is there ARE pure asians, and there are people of mixed descent. (Yes, I will continue to refer to the term "pure" as much as it annoys you.) If I call a half black american and a half asian person an asian and just an asian, then where is the recognition of his african-american ethnicity?

and to answer your question:

i consider myself asian

and i also consider myself black

why would i, or anybody who is mixed, feel the need to disregard any of our upbringing?

I understand. You want full recognition of the two or three races. You want it all.

Nobody is telling you to disregard anything, in fact what I'm telling you is to recognize both your racial background. But like I said, it is not accurate to claim that you are fully asian nor that you are fully black. You are both. I simply don't get why you don't get that.

again...why would they feel the need to disregard any of their upbringing?

why would either of them feel the need to claim to be "pure asian"

For someone who wants full recognition of his asian descent, this is a contradicting point of view. A person's issue of what race he/she is ends when the person actually recognizes or decides what he/she really is. The factual background of that person whether she was born and/or raised in Asia would be eventually irrelevant since it is the actual person himself/herself that is proclaiming what she really is. We cannot take away what he/she really believes he/she is now, can we? And force her to be someone he/she says she's not?

With this note, I believe Michelle and Cassie never claimed they were asian. But I do believe they claimed that they have asian blood, which is absolutely fair. They are not asian, and they never claimed to be asian, but only of asian blood. I don't see anything wrong with that. Do you? But I can never claim them to be asian, but with Charice, I can, since she is Asian, born, raised, nurtured, schooled, resides, verbally proclaims she is asain and holds citizenship in an asian country.

This is my issue with your statement of "false claim".

that single train of thought of yours just makes you look like you think being pure asian is better

Now you're the one putting words in my mouth.

this is borderline comedy club

by continuing to claim that charice is the first asian in the top 10

you admittedly disregarded any previous artist

She IS the first asian. Whew... this is like answering the same question over and over again...

I can never say that I disregarded any artists, because the artists you want me to recognize are not asian.

in effect..you don't consider anybody who is mixed to be asian

No I don't. Especially if they don't even live in asia AND also claim that they're actually NOT asian. I thought I was clear enough with that. They are of mixed descent. They have asian blood, and I recognize that, but no, they are not asian per se.

i, on the other hand, do consider them asian

and disagreed with the thread title

Sure. If that's what you think.

1. quote me where i have discredited anybody, other than a false claim

Charice. That's who you discredited. Taking away credit what is due to her-- I think that is an act of discrediting.

2. quote me where i have been malicious or twisted

Ok. My sincerest apologies for this. I read your post again. You may or may not have been malicious or twisted. You're just stubborn and firmly believe in an idea and not biological, geographical and societal facts. A fellow mixed asian over there may agree with you, but me, from the other side of the globe, do not.

3. troll? how bout a guy who registers just for the sole purpose of posting in a charice thread

and a guy he feels so highly of himself..he chose to speak for all of asia, as well as the OP

which makes me think you two know each other

the OP starts a thread; some people dislike charice; OP tells you; you register to give support

am i right? i am, ain't i?

I don't know if I should answer this... This is no longer an argument but only a mere speculative point of view.

I take back what I said when I called you a troll though, sorry about that. Clearly you're not. You're just a person with a mixed asian descent who lives in America arguing with an asian living in asia.

Look, if I have offended you. My apologies. Charice is Asian, whether you like it or not. Michelle and Cassie are not. They are Americans, like you. This statement is absolutely not to insinuate that asians are better. (Again you might misconstrue that I am insuating asians are better. I state no such claim.)

how bout changing the thread title to be more accurate

No. Its accurate.

and what is with you and saying anybody is looking down on pure asians? quote me. or anybody else.

Ok. I cannot quote you. Sorry. Happy now? I felt you insinuated. But you say you didn't, right? Good enough for me. Showgunz does not look down upon pure blooded asians.

what the hell are you talking about?

ethnicity and nationality are two completely different things

Again, this is coming from a perception of a person living in a country where ethnicity and nationality are completely different things. Here where I live, somewhere in asia, nationality AND ethnicity is a common link to recognize who I am. Most, if not all of us, look the same, talk the same, value the same things and live in the same country and/or region. You have liberal point of views. I value tradition and I take a more conservative point of view. Singapore is a very diverse country though. Diverse in race and rich in asian culture. But that's off topic from what we're discussing.

i already said i consider myself both asian & black

i'm also a u.s. citizen. so guess what? i identify myself as american as well

So that's why you're confused... I see you as an American. And there's nothing wrong in being an American(I say this because you might think I'm saying that Asians are better again :rolleyes: ).

and wow...giving more suggestions on how people should think of themselves

not only that..you're trying to play the victim now. shenanigans!!

Ok. I admit, I crossed the line there. Sincere apologies to all. At the end of the day, its people themselves who actually decide who they really are.

So, like what you say, people should decide who they are, right?. With this note(just to be in thread topic), you validate my argument that Michelle and Cassie are not asians since they never thought of themseleves as asians, but as Americans. Which I, as an Asian do not hold grudge in. I think they think of themselves fairly. And as much I want to fully take credit as an asian with their achievements, I recognize that I cannot, since they represent not only Asia, but their other roots as well and mainly their american heritage. But with Charice--who verbally proclaims proudly that she is Asian and that she represents Asia--I can take full credit of. Hence, the title thread is accurate.

you and kensomars are the only ones who are making such a big deal about the difference between pure & mixed

this whole argument of yours about pure & mixed is ridiculous

Ok fine... its ridiculous... happy now..? whew... you gave me a headache... let's move on...

To not prolong this argument of races and risk hate between anyone, let's leave it at this and stick to the title thread:

Your opinion is:

Michelle and Cassie are asians, hence they get the credit for the first albums who made it in the top 10 in the billboard charts and not Charice.

My opinion is:

Michelle and Cassie are not Asians, but do have 1/3 or 1/4 asian blood. Michelle and Cassie are Americans, as what they actually claim to be. Charice is a pure asian, by blood, by birth, by nurture, by country, by schooling, by residency, by citizenship and by her own verbal claim that she is asian in the media, over and over again. Hence, she gets credit for the first cross-over asian talent to break into the US billboard top 200.

Nuff said.

Let's move forward please...

Guest EnVogue

Correct me if I'm wrong but

Jay Sean - Down #1 Billboard 100

MIA - Paper Planes #4 Billboard 100

Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki # 1 Billboard 100

Google is your friend.

lol such a fail.

well charice is just awesome

remember this vid where she performed with celine dion?!

but seriously without a good management she wouldnt have been so succesful even with her awesome voice

DANG!! i'm listening to the song right now and man

she has a voice of a white girl or a black girl?!!( not being racist or anything)

but she has a nice voice!!! surprising boa or wg's didnt get that

high like her...

but her vice remind me of someone?!

Guest kensamor

The whole term "authentic asian" sparked the outrage you guys and I don't blame showgunz for getting offended.

It may not be a big deal to you because you are not of mixed heritage, maybe you just chose the wrong words Kensamor..there is nothing wrong with admitting you made a mistake.

Trust me, the words "sorry and I apologize" are in my dictionary and I'm not scared to use it if I have to. However, I don't see any reason why I should in this particular situation. I didn't say mixed people are to look down to. I was just asking if any of the singers mentioned were "authentic" (note the quotation mark) Asians. And you right away accuse me of looking down on mixed people. I know you know I don't and I have said so. Now, if people still insist that's what I meant then it's their problem not mine. End of discussion.

Trust me, the words "sorry and I apologize" are in my dictionary and I'm not scared to use it if I have to. However, I don't see any reason why I should in this particular situation. I didn't say mixed people are to look down to. I was just asking if any of the singers mentioned were "authentic" (note the quotation mark) Asians. And you right away accuse me of looking down on mixed people. I know you know I don't and I have said so. Now, if people still insist that's what I meant then it's their problem not mine. End of discussion.

yeah but the point is that even if you are mixed you are STILL ASIAN alot of the artists mentioned are half but that doesnt change the fact that they are asian. There is no such thing as being Psuedo asian just because you were not born in asia or because you are half asian.

I'm not mixed nor am I asian...but how can you not understand why people would take offense to that??

Guest chris22

DANG!! i'm listening to the song right now and man

she has a voice of a white girl or a black girl?!!( not being racist or anything)

but she has a nice voice!!! surprising boa or wg's didnt get that

high like her...

but her vice remind me of someone?!

:lol: yeah she's got some skillz doesn't she? :lol:

When I browsed over in youtube the other asian singers, I was so surprised. I didn't know asia had so many amazing singers. Aside from Charice, there's also a Malaysian that's noteworthy. I can only remember her last name though-- Victor. She's a lady from Malaysia. You can find her in videos if you search "Malaysian Idol". Very awesome singer, i must say. If she gets the right management, I think she's got a chance to go international too. B)

Trying to listen to Crescent moon.... hhmmm....

Guest toomuchsmiling

i KNEW she'd be famous!! i mean with a voice like that, how can she NOT be famous here?

This is the kind of style America likes, u know?

She's gonna debut in Japan, WHAT? O_O wow.

Archived