Charice, the first Asian to enter in Top 10 (NO. 8) spot in Billboard's Top 200 Chart

Guest popsicles

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest amaineko

lol such a fail.

well charice is just awesome

remember this vid where she performed with celine dion?!

but seriously without a good management she wouldnt have been so succesful even with her awesome voice

I think she is talented and blessed to know the "right" people to work with. Other talented artists like Boa and Se7ven tried but didn't make it as big. So yeah, good management is definitely a very big PLUS..

Seems she's also hitting Japan news now.Japan news.

Guest amaineko

i KNEW she'd be famous!! i mean with a voice like that, how can she NOT be famous here?

This is the kind of style America likes, u know?

She's gonna debut in Japan, WHAT? O_O wow.

Not debut like stay there , but they are launching a different package for the Japan market. Her manager said that since it's a different market (75% domestic like mention earlier, Warner Music Japan is really gearing her for heavy promotion).. The Japanese is quite familiar with Filipino entertainers going to Japan so it might not be that difficult. I hope she does well there. Crescent Moon seems to be a very good choice. The original singer Ayaka has big voice as well.

Guest chris22

Not debut like stay there , but they are launching a different package for the Japan market. Her manager said that since it's a different market (75% domestic like mention earlier, Warner Music Japan is really gearing her for heavy promotion).. The Japanese is quite familiar with Filipino entertainers going to Japan so it might not be that difficult. I hope she does well there. Crescent Moon seems to be a very good choice. The original singer Ayaka has big voice as well.

Breaking News for Charice fans:

Charice will be on GLEE, not only as a guest. But as part of the show's main cast. :D

Yep, Charice's Philippine manager has confirmed it. Search the web for the news.

Hooo... As a Glee fan, I'm excited. :lol: She has a lot of talent to offer the show. B)

Charice will be on GLEE, not only as a guest. But as part of the show's main cast. :D

Yep, Charice's Philippine manager has confirmed it. Search the web for the news.

Hooo... As a Glee fan, I'm excited. :lol: She has a lot of talent to offer the show. B)

Waaah! I'm taking this news back! wahaha CHARICE HAS DENIED IT!

Deeymn.... her on GLEE would've been fantastic!

Meeeynn.. The reporter who published this news is ssoooooo fired... :lol::lol::lol:

Not trying to bash but I say this about every younger artist with a big voice....please for the love of god do not try to sing alongside Patti Labelle because you will get tore up lol. This is not only directed towards Charice but any young big voice lady.

Christina Aguilera tried it and got schooled.

To be fair, I don't think artists who would be invited to sing with such legendary artists would be concerned about how they sound next to them, but think more about the honour and the opportunity. I mean yes, they wouldn't compare and would probably get criticized but why turn down such a chance right?

Guest chris22

To be fair, I don't think artists who would be invited to sing with such legendary artists would be concerned about how they sound next to them, but think more about the honour and the opportunity. I mean yes, they wouldn't compare and would probably get criticized but why turn down such a chance right?

Agree too. Just to sing with Patti is already an honor. But I think Charice performed with Patti before though, I'm just not sure if she performed alongside Patti, but I'm pretty sure she performed in the same line up with Patti.

Who knows, Charice might be able to hold her ground. hehe.. Can't say for sure, since this kid has surprised me so many times already that I lost count. :lol: but I don't think she would enter a vocal battle with Patti, I think she knows better. :lol: For her just to sing the song the way the song should be sung should be enough for Charice. I dunno about Christina Aguilera's case though.

Hey LucasBunny, you have a video of the christina aguilera and patti duet you were talking about? I wanna watch it. Mind sharing it? hehe its kinda intriguing... tried searching in youtube but all I can find was the Lady Marmalade performance.

Guest amaineko

Waaah! I'm taking this news back! wahaha CHARICE HAS DENIED IT!

Deeymn.... her on GLEE would've been fantastic!

Meeeynn.. The reporter who published this news is ssoooooo fired... :lol::lol::lol:

She is really fired...Her mom twitted that they are hiring a manager for her in the Philippines..

I agree. Plus I think she can hold her own. She was able to perform with other well known singers like Celine, Adrea Bocelli, etc.

Agree too. Just to sing with Patti is already an honor. But I think Charice performed with Patti before though, I'm just not sure if she performed alongside Patti, but I'm pretty sure she performed in the same line up with Patti.

Agree as well... Hmmm...Speaking I am excited about her Japanese cover.

Guest bitzes

I think she is talented and blessed to know the "right" people to work with. Other talented artists like Boa and Se7ven tried but didn't make it as big. So yeah, good management is definitely a very big PLUS..

Seems she's also hitting Japan news now.Japan news.

agree .. Boa and se7en who are more well known in Asia didnt make it big in US even if they worked with known producers there .. oh well, US and Asia are different markets,. its a plus factor if u have a good management backing you up .. but at the end of the day, u have to have a great talent in order to be recognized..

wonder what the news says .. curious ...... i hope she'll succeed in japan too! .. :)

edit: by google translate..hehehe

MUSIC LOUNGE

Achievement of the first Asian! シャリースのデビュー・アルバムが全米初登場8位! 8th U.S. debut album Sharisu debut!

Has decided to debut in Japan on July 7 CHARICE (Sharisu). The album was released in the U.S. ahead of him, the record eighth U.S. album chart debut! Kyu Sakamoto says that in the album debuted 14th. TOP10 album chart feat was first enters Asian.

Also this time, but the Ayaka Sharisu "crescent" I decided to cover the. That was included as a bonus track for Japanese release their debut album. From her from the Philippines who are interested in the Japanese music scene originally, "to know more about music in Japan" in contact with, from various genres, I sent the song number called song, love the woman's own generation touting the "crescent" was impressed.

Same period, leading mobile music site: Rekochoku held at, recruiting - Great song to cover Japanese artists want Sharisu! - In planning, Ayaka "crescent" is ranked number 1 in the cover songs from a user request. The coincidence of these overlapping, Sharisu the "crescent" decided to cover. High singing ability is required, "crescent", the cover of her own interpretation of English poetry. Excellent music as well as original songs completed.

Cresent MoonSharisu came to Japan is expected to break this, yesterday, made public rehearsal, her debut single "Pyramid", Ayaka's "Crescent Moon" cover of "Cresent Moon" contains three songs showed. 150cm Small body of about 150cm from the towering strength, and can not imagine singing, gathered officials were overwhelmed by.

MC does look cute, showing Sharisu 歳Rashii 18th.

Even in Japan close to Blake? ! !

Sharisu profile:

YouTube "in this amazing singing ability!" And become an explosive topic, the audience of about 15 million records. アメ Is said to be America's most influential TV talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show **" he said, the overwhelming power enough to shed tears when singing Oprah, performances. I watched their performance, the producer David Foster is a big hit many people's work so far is very shocked by the brilliance of the talent, provide a bridge contract with Warner Music. Later in 2009, "The Oprah Winfrey Show," produced by David Foster and the composer's third appearance on "NOTE TO GOD" sang. US iTunes quickly achieved national smash hit single jumped to fifth in the overall chart! The panel on the US's fourth release, "Uinfirisho Oprah," David Foster and the cast and Iyaz! After recording a debut album chart top 08. こ This feat was first enters TOP10 Asians.

i also agree .. it will be an honor and an opportunity for an artist to be invited to sing with Patti .. and i think that's charice would ask for and not be compared to her .. but who knows, maybe charice can hold her own..

Guest chris22

agree .. Boa and se7en who are more well known in Asia didnt make it big in US even if they worked with known producers there .. oh well, US and Asia are different markets,. its a plus factor if u have a good management backing you up .. but at the end of the day, u have to have a great talent in order to be recognized..

wonder what the news says .. curious ...... i hope she'll succeed in japan too! .. :)

edit: by google translate..hehehe

MUSIC LOUNGE

Achievement of the first Asian! シャリースのデビュー・アルバムが全米初登場8位! 8th U.S. debut album Sharisu debut!

Has decided to debut in Japan on July 7 CHARICE (Sharisu). The album was released in the U.S. ahead of him, the record eighth U.S. album chart debut! Kyu Sakamoto says that in the album debuted 14th. TOP10 album chart feat was first enters Asian.

Also this time, but the Ayaka Sharisu "crescent" I decided to cover the. That was included as a bonus track for Japanese release their debut album. From her from the Philippines who are interested in the Japanese music scene originally, "to know more about music in Japan" in contact with, from various genres, I sent the song number called song, love the woman's own generation touting the "crescent" was impressed.

Same period, leading mobile music site: Rekochoku held at, recruiting - Great song to cover Japanese artists want Sharisu! - In planning, Ayaka "crescent" is ranked number 1 in the cover songs from a user request. The coincidence of these overlapping, Sharisu the "crescent" decided to cover. High singing ability is required, "crescent", the cover of her own interpretation of English poetry. Excellent music as well as original songs completed.

Cresent MoonSharisu came to Japan is expected to break this, yesterday, made public rehearsal, her debut single "Pyramid", Ayaka's "Crescent Moon" cover of "Cresent Moon" contains three songs showed. 150cm Small body of about 150cm from the towering strength, and can not imagine singing, gathered officials were overwhelmed by.

MC does look cute, showing Sharisu 歳Rashii 18th.

Even in Japan close to Blake? ! !

Sharisu profile:

YouTube "in this amazing singing ability!" And become an explosive topic, the audience of about 15 million records. アメ Is said to be America's most influential TV talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show **" he said, the overwhelming power enough to shed tears when singing Oprah, performances. I watched their performance, the producer David Foster is a big hit many people's work so far is very shocked by the brilliance of the talent, provide a bridge contract with Warner Music. Later in 2009, "The Oprah Winfrey Show," produced by David Foster and the composer's third appearance on "NOTE TO GOD" sang. US iTunes quickly achieved national smash hit single jumped to fifth in the overall chart! The panel on the US's fourth release, "Uinfirisho Oprah," David Foster and the cast and Iyaz! After recording a debut album chart top 08. こ This feat was first enters TOP10 Asians.

Thank you for the translation bitzes! :D Good to know the japanese media is accepting her well. B)

lol i tried translating this in an online translator, didn't work. lol will use google translator from now on. lol

Guest angelixers

Charice holds her own. Patti is Patti, Charice is a youngin'. It's not fair to compare. I just look forward to 'rice growing into her own sound and swag and out of the 'oh, a young chick with a big voice', because just belting won't get anyone very far. I wish her the best. :)

Guest amaineko

^ Usually online translation works for one or two words..I think the translation is done verbatim hehehe... Translation done by someone who speaks it is still better..

Anyway she's on her way to New York now.

Her album will be released in Japan this July, so we'll see how well her album sells there. Based from the news the open rehearsal went very well. Also an FYI, she was already featured in 1 show when she was a contestant before Little Big Star. I think she was 9(?)..Not sure if my information about the age is accurate though.

Here's the

And here's a 12-year old Charice. This is the very 1st performance I saw of her on TV. From then on I followed LBS until the finals.

Guest showgunz

Barack Obama is considered to be the first black president, and he is mixed.

Enough said. In order to keep your meaningless record, you better tack on 'pure.'

i didn't really wanna bring politics into it myself

so i thank you for saying this

..some assumptions about me..

just for the record..i'm 3/4 asian

don't assume i'm not proud to be mixed

don't assume i try to squeeze into one race

i appreciate all my heritages the same

now please explain how my belief would make blacks, whites, and asians the same

I believe this is a perception coming from someone who is of mixed-race who feels misplaced. Don't take it out on me, who is pure asian.

Irrelevant? rolleyes.gif

If I recognize you as an asian, then what do you call me?... "ultra"-asian?

I recognize you as someone who has mixed asian blood. Now what is wrong with that? Isn't that the truth? Moreso, I recognize you as an American from North America. Now what is wrong with that too?

Whether you like it or not, the fact is there ARE pure asians, and there are people of mixed descent. (Yes, I will continue to refer to the term "pure" as much as it annoys you.) If I call a half black american and a half asian person an asian and just an asian, then where is the recognition of his african-american ethnicity?

i have never felt "misplaced"

and i would call you asian, btw. pretty simple, huh?

btw..it doesn't annoy me

and why ask me what's wrong with having mixed asian blood?

ask kensomars. he's the one who called mixed asians fake

we're called americans.

when it's about ethnicity..we're called asian & black

Now I understand. You want full recognition of the two or three races. You want it all.

Nobody is telling you to disregard anything, in fact what I'm telling you is to recognize both your racial background. But like I said, it is not accurate to claim that you are fully asian nor that you are fully black. You are both. I simply don't get why you don't get that.

you already have when you suggested we only consider ourselves american

i want it all? really?

because i appreciate my black heritage equally with my asian heritage..i want it all. wow

you're right..it wouldn't be accurate

but i never claimed to be...and i never will

..your views of who's allowed to call themselves asian..

where have i asked for full recognition of anything?

they have asian blood, therefore they are asian

are they "pure"? no

but they are asian nonetheless

Now you're the one putting words in my mouth.

when you constantly assume that mixed asians try to claim they are full, or pure

when you assume they don't appreciate they're mixed blood

then proclaim they can never be pure

you are, in fact, putting yourself on a pedestal

i'm happy with what i am..and would never try to be anything else

Ok. I cannot quote you. Sorry. Happy now? I felt you insinuated. But you say you didn't, right? Good enough for me. Showgunz does not look down upon pure blooded asians.

i could care less what you what you think of how i feel

i just called you out for making a false statement

which isn't the first time

and you couldn't quote me on the previous ones, either

but that's done & done

So that's why you're confused... I see you as an American. And there's nothing wrong in being an American(I say this because you might think I'm saying that Asians are better again rolleyes.gif ).

who said anything was wrong with being american?

To not prolong this argument of races and risk hate between anyone, let's leave it at this and stick to the title thread:

Your opinion is:

Michelle and Cassie are asians, hence they get the credit for the first albums who made it in the top 10 in the billboard charts and not Charice.

My opinion is:

Michelle and Cassie are not Asians, but do have 1/3 or 1/4 asian blood. Michelle and Cassie are Americans, as what they actually claim to be. Charice is a pure asian, by blood, by birth, by nurture, by country, by schooling, by residency, by citizenship and by her own verbal claim that she is asian in the media, over and over again. Hence, she gets credit for the first cross-over asian talent to break into the US billboard top 200.

Nuff said.

Let's move forward please...

wow..so you really do understand what my point was

my apologies..i thought you were just a delirious fanboy

but i never claimed they were first

just that they were before charice

and we can move forward. i got no problems with it

no problems with you, or the OP

but just with what i originally posted, to me, the thread title is not accurate

maybe to you, and the way you look at it...it is

but there are plenty of others who don't see it as such

you can't just disregard how they look at it, because it doesn't fit with what you believe

and then to claim that they are discrediting charice, just adds fuel to the fire

what the thread title says is up to the OP

i just gave my thoughts about its inaccuracy

other than some assumptions and false statements you made...i enjoyed this

it's just human nature to agree to disagree

*fist bump*

Guest chris22

First of all, the thread title says it as it is. Asian. Period. Not the "first 1/3 asian." Not the "first 3/4 asian." Not the "first mixed Asian." Not the "first Asian American".It says Asian (PERIOD. NOTHING FOLLOWS)

If you take away the credit from a person, Charice, in this particular situation, who is Asian(period. nothing follows), then bump her off for a person of mixed asian descent born and raised, trained and schooled in a country not in Asia, then you take away credit from Asia what this kid Charice has gotten from Asia, all the training, schooling, experiences learned in an asian country, Asian culture and values that Charice possesses and the talented pure Asian blood running in her veins. So this is why I defend the title thread and what an Asian(period. nothing follows) is.

No one "excluded" Michelle and Cassie because they never should've been included in the first place. They belong in a different category. And as an Asian, I am proud of Cassie and Michelle because they are part Asian. But the citation in this title thread is specific

just for the record..i'm 3/4 asian

don't assume i'm not proud to be mixed

don't assume i try to squeeze into one race

i appreciate all my heritages the same

now please explain how my belief would make blacks, whites, and Asians the same

You believe in that just by having a 1/3 of Asian blood entitles you to be recognized Asian(period) (nothing follows), hence Cassie and Michelle should be included in this citation specific title thread. To be Asian(period. nothing follows) is way MORE than that. What about the country? What about descent? What about culture? What about values? What about education? What about self recognition? What about society? etc etc etc.

If that's how you do it in America, then I feel that your idea should not be fed to Asian people IN Asia, like myself. Here where I live, our race, bloodlines, culture and everything else that makes us asian is still intact and I VALUE THAT VERY MUCH. That's why I recognize you not as an Asian(period. nothing follows) but as a person with mixed asian descent. I see Michelle and Cassie the same way. And I believe this is only FAIR. Because this is just the way it is.

i have never felt "misplaced"

and i would call you asian, btw. pretty simple, huh?

Yes, please do. Thank you. I would call you Asian-American. That's pretty simple too, huh? ;)

btw..it doesn't annoy me

It doesn't annoy you, but you argue that "authentic" and pure blooded is offensive. hhmmm....

and why ask me what's wrong with having mixed asian blood?

Because you keep identifying yourself, as well as Michelle and Cassie, Asian(period. nothing follows), when you and them are not. You are persons of mixed asian descent. Not asian(period. nothing follows) (I'm still linking this to the title thread issue)

ask kensomars. he's the one who called mixed asians fake

This is what bothers me. REALLY. If there is something here that's gotten me flared up, its this one right here. When you reacted, it caught my attention, but I chose not to make as a big deal out of it but when someone here even asked for an apology from kensomars, who says he's not even asian or with asian blood, that's when I could no longer tolerate it. :angry: (warning: I might be a little emotional with this one :P )

This how YOU think of the word "authentic"--

Authentic = mixed asians are fake, a racist comment, mixed asians are inferior and all the other negative and discriminating ASSUMPTIONS.

This how I think of "authentic"--

Authentic = .....Authentic(period. nothing follows)

No one tagged you "fake". You tagged yourself "fake". You offend yourself then you blame us?? See, this came across to me like you were insecure about what you are (hence my babble about you how you should be accepting who you are and all that). Why in the world would you tag yourself that way?

Are you saying that "authentic asian" should not be used to refer to someone? Well, I'm an authentic asian. I'm a pure blooded asian, born and raised, living and contributing in Asia. You wanna take that away from me? You wanna take my asian authenticity? Just to consider your feelings? If that's the way you do it in America, you should know that not everywhere is america. There is a place called asia, i'm asian, and that's where I live. Here, I value being called an authentic asian, BECAUSE I AM ONE.

What bothers me also is that you portray yourself and other mixed asians are being looked down upon. That you're like victims of racial exclusion or some sort and that you are being discriminated, when all the while, no malicious statement were posted here in this forum. No one said Asians are better. No one said mixed-asians are inferior. No one said Americans are better or inferior either. I JUST SAY IT AS IT IS, if you want to ASSUME that I or kensomar means something more for the purpose of offending someone of mixed descent, then that's not our problem. But do not accuse us of something that is completely false.

The title and the discussions here are about the achievement of an asian(period. nothing follows), Charice, who is a pure asian, then you come along starting up the issue that a mixed-asian american/dutch/french/mexican/etc, born, raised in US etc etc. should be included and take away the credit from this pure asian kid of being the first asian(period. nothing follows). If you had said, "Michelle and Cassie has Asian blood and made top 10 also", I would've just rebutted "Charice is the first pure asian". But you said I disregarded and discredited Michelle and Cassie, which I did not because they shouldn't be included in this thread and citation/recognition in the first place. Again, the thread says it as is it is.

we're called americans.

when it's about ethnicity..we're called asian & black

thank you. asian & black. I recognize you as such. And I take no more and no less from you. I recognize you as you are. I hope you recognize Michelle and Cassie the same as you and that they are not the same as Charice, as I am not the same as you. I am Asian(period. nothing follows), and you're Asian& Black. The title thread says Asian(period. nothing follows).

you already have when you suggested we only consider ourselves american

i want it all? really?

because i appreciate my black heritage equally with my asian heritage..i want it all. wow

Wow too. You want everyone to consider you Asian(period.nothing follows) as well as Michelle and Cassie when you and them, are clearly not. The thread title cites an Asian(period. nothing follows). Again, if you continue to include and cite Cassie and Michelle in a thread where a pure asian is being cited for this specific achievement, I will not stop contradicting you. The thread title says it as it is.

you're right..it wouldn't be accurate

but i never claimed to be...and i never will

Very good. Then stop identifying yourself, especially michelle and cassie as Asian(period. nothing follows) for the sake of the title thread. You already stated you're asian&black. Again, this thread gave credit to an asian(period. nothing follows) and not other artists of mixed asian descent. If you want to acknowledge their achievements of being the first, then do it in another thread and not here. The thread says it as it is.

where have i asked for full recognition of anything?

When you wanted to include Michelle and Cassie here and told me to add it to my facts that they are asian(period. nothing follows), when all along this thread was citing an achievement of an asian(period. nothing follows) and not artists of mixed asian descent. If you want to acknowledge their achievements of being the first, then do it in another thread and not here. The thread says it as it is.

they have asian blood, therefore they are asian

are they "pure"? no

but they are asian nonetheless

See, that's what you believe- just to have a pint of asian blood makes you asian(period. nothing follows). You completely disregarded what makes me and the rest of the billions of other asians IN asia, ASIANS. I refer to myself and Charice as Asian(period. nothing follows), I refer to you as well as Cassie and Michelle as persons of mixed-asian descent, or simply put, Americans.

NOTHING MORE. NOTHING LESS.

when you constantly assume that mixed asians try to claim they are full, or pure

when you assume they don't appreciate they're mixed blood

If ever I used the word "they" (plural), then that's my mistake(but I was pretty sure I was talking to you only). That I apologize for because I refer to YOU and YOU ALONE only, so let's clear that up. I include Michelle and Cassie because you chose to speak for them when even they themselves don't even claim they're Asian(period. nothing follows). I will only stop assuming that you want to be recognized as an asian(period. nothing follows), when you refer to yourself, especially Cassie and Michelle, not asian(period.nothing follows) and refer to yourself, Cassie and Michelle as what you and they really are- persons of mixed asian descent. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you do not wish to do that, I cannot force you of course, but you can't make me think otherwise also. The thread title is accurate and says it as it is.

then proclaim they can never be pure

you are, in fact, putting yourself on a pedestal

Do you even know what "pure" means?? Again, you fight with your own personal idea of what an Asian is while I argue what an Asian factually is. Putting myself in a pedestal you say?? I'm proud of being a pure asian, I VALUE being a pure Asian and I will defend it from ANYONE who doesn't want me to be referred to as an "authentic" Asian... BECAUSE I AM ONE. You can put me on the highest pedestal or on top of the Petronas towers for all I care! I will defend it!

i'm happy with what i am..and would never try to be anything else

Good to know. So am I and so will I.

i could care less what you what you think of how i feel

i just called you out for making a false statement

which isn't the first time

and you couldn't quote me on the previous ones, either

but that's done & done

Of course you don't care how I feel, obviously. That's your right and I will not force you to.

Strictly regarding my statements about the title thread-- No false statement AT ALL.

Ok... done and done...

wow..so you really do understand what my point was

my apologies..i thought you were just a delirious fanboy

but i never claimed they were first

just that they were before charice

Yes I do. A "delirious fanboy" is far from what I am. I give credit to what is rightfully due to someone. Nothing more. Nothing less. The title thread says it all and says it as it is.

"but i never claimed they were first

just that they were before charice"

Clarify this further. The "First" and "before" is confusing.

On second thought... haha.. better not. Leave it as it is. I don't wish this debate to last any longer. This kid doesn't deserve to be fought over with but instead celebrated upon for not only for asians but for anyone who appreciates this kid's story, talent and achievements.

and we can move forward. i got no problems with it

no problems with you, or the OP

but just with what i originally posted, to me, the thread title is not accurate

maybe to you, and the way you look at it...it is

but there are plenty of others who don't see it as such

you can't just disregard how they look at it, because it doesn't fit with what you believe

and then to claim that they are discrediting charice, just adds fuel to the fire

what the thread title says is up to the OP

i just gave my thoughts about its inaccuracy

other than some assumptions and false statements you made...i enjoyed this

it's just human nature to agree to disagree

*fist bump*

No comment here. :) This is the same statement I will say to you.

Good to know that in the end you treated this as a debate and not as racial slurring. This is how I treat it as well. Though I can never claim Michelle or Cassie or you to be Asian(period. nothing follows), and can never cite them in this specifically titled thread, I can never look at you, cassie, michelle or any other persons of mixed asian descent with disdain nor will I discriminate you, them or anyone else with asian blood. All of you, after all, have part of my blood in you. :) I will proudly support anyone who has asian blood, mixed or pure, but this kid Charice is pure Asian, it is only right and deserving of her to be credited as the first asian to break in to the billboard 200 top 10 album. And Asia(the continent, the race, the culture etc etc..), deserves the credit for making and developing this talented young lady who have made it in the world stage because that is where she actually came from. Charice's success makes Asia shine on its own without having to share the limelight. I only defend that this sole recognition be not taken away.

I only give credit to someone who rightfully deserves it and credit only what is due to him/her.

Nothing more. Nothing less. B)

Guest amaineko

Hi Chris, I'd translating her Cosmo Philippines interview. I'll post it in a while... I'd like to translate this one because it talks about how aware she is of some people's negativity and I am proud at the way she handles herself. For an 18 year old girl, she's very well grounded. I "met" her briefly last Sunday and I must say I was impressed. She was very patient at the long line although it was very obvious she was tired.

DISCLAIMER: I didn't translate verbatim, but translated in context. :)

Charice Interview @ Cosmo Philippines

She was featured in Fun Fearless Female

PART 1

Her life in the limelight has not been without its ups and downs, though, and Charice tells us all about them.

You're just 18 and you've already accomplished so much. What else do you want to do?

Sa ngayon po, gusto ko na lang po munang ipagpatuloy ang ginagawa ko. Siyempre nakakapagod po, pero gusto ko po talagang mag-focus muna sa mga ginagawa ko bago ko dagdagan.

Right now I just want to continue what I’ve been doing. Of course it’s tiring, but I want to focus on what I am doing now before I add up any thing else.

What do you think got you to where you are today?

'Yung gift po ni God, kasi na-discover ako sa YouTube, may nag-post ng video ko, and na-discover nila ako kasi parang kino-compare nila ako kay Whitney Houston, so siguro pasalamat na lang ako sa talent na binigay ni God. Hindi ko pa naaabot 'yung top, pero siguro narating ko ang mga nararating ko ngayon kasi mas nagpapalakas sa akin ang mga negative na naririnig ko. Lagi ko nga po sinasabi, kung iinisin nila ako, parang iinisin ko rin sila (laughs). Parang, "O sige, ipagpapatuloy ko ang ginagawa ko as long as may mas maraming may gusto."

It’s the gift from God that I got discovered in Youtube, that someone posted my video and that they discovered me because I am being compared to Whitney Houston. I am thankful for the talent given by God. I haven’t reached the top yet, but everything that I have achieved right now I have done so because the negative comments have made me stronger. Everyone says “If they annoy you, then you should annoy them as well”. It’s like, “Alright, I ‘ll do what I usually do because a lot of people like it”.

What are these "negative" things? Comments?

Opo. Tanggap ko naman. Siyempre sasabihin nila 'di daw ako deserving, masasakit magsalita. Sasabihin pangit daw ako. Bakit daw ako nadiscover, birit lang daw ako nang birit, gan'on. So madami po talaga. Diyos ko! 'Yung iba pa po sobrang sakit magsalita.

Yes. I’ve accepted ti. Of course, some people would that that I am not derserving…hurtful words… Sometimes they’d tell I’m ugly.. Or why would I be discovered if all I do do it “belt” …things like that…There are a lot.My God! Others would really say a lot of hurtful words…

Was there ever a time that you cried over what has been said about you?

Hay naku sobra, nung talagang nag-uumpisa pa lang, ang dami po talaga. Napaiyak ako, pero na-realize ko rin na may mga fans na sumusuporta sa akin, sila pa 'yung nag-explain. "Mga inggit lang 'yon," so siyempre, sa kaka-advise nila sa akin, nasanay na po ako.

Yes of course, especially when I started out. There was a lot. I’d usually cry but then I realized that I had fans that supported me and they’d be the ones who explained…”Those people are just envious”…And because they’d always give me advice, I eventually got used to it.

What inspires you?

Una sa lahat talaga si God. 'Yung mom ko, kasi kahit saan ako pumunta, talagang kasama ko siya. Siyempre, 'yung fans na sumusuporta talaga. Isa 'yon sa mga talagang inspirasyon ko kasi hindi lang sa pagkanta, para ko na rin silang mga kabarkada.

First of all, it’s God. And then my mom who goes with me everywhere I go; the fans that really support me. They are my inspiration in singing and they are also like close friends.

Of all the women you've worked with in Hollywood, who inspires you?

Siyempre si Celine Dion. Sa tagal niya sa showbiz, wala talagang issue sa kanya.

Pero nagulat talaga ako kay Paris Hilton. Kasi 'di ba parang ang tingin natin sa kanya medyo bad girl, gan'on. Nung na-meet ko siya, hindi ko ine-expect na gan'on siya ka-simple. I mean, sa pananamit niya hindi siya simple. 'Yung mga kilos niya, ang simple-simple 'pag off-cam. Nung time na nakita niya ako, nagpa-picture siya sa 'kin dahil nakita daw niya ako sa Oprah. Naninigas talaga ako, 'di ko in-expect na sobrang bait pala niya, na nakipag-hang out pa siya sa amin, nagkukuwento siya. Nagjo-joke pa siya na hindi raw siya masama, hindi raw siya bad, gan'on. Na-inspire ako sa kanya, doon ko napatunayan na nag-a-act lang pala siya sa harap ng camera. Mabait pala siya.

Hindi ko pa siya nami-meet pero isa siya sa mga inspirasyon ko, si Beyonce, isa 'yon sa mga legend talaga. 'Yun po, sila pong tatlo.

It’s Celine Dion. She’s been in the show biz for so long and there is no issue about her. (She meant lack of intrigues that follow most people in the entertainment industry)

But I was really surprised by Paris Hilton. Because we look @ her as a bad girl right? But when I met her I didn’t expect that she’d be so simple. I mean she doesn’t dress simply. Her actions off-cam is simple. When I saw her (the 1st time) she asked to take a picture with me because she said she was me on Oprah. I didn’t expect that she’d be so nice. She hang out with us and she told stories. She even joked that she wasn’t that bad. I was inspired that richard simmons she was actually a nice person off camera.

Guest chris22

Hi Chris, I'd translating her Cosmo Philippines interview. I'll post it in a while... I'd like to translate this one because it talks about how aware she is of some people's negativity and I am proud at the way she handles herself. For an 18 year old girl, she's very well grounded. I "met" her briefly last Sunday and I must say I was impressed. She was very patient at the long line although it was very obvious she was tired.

Waaaw! Thank you amenieko!

:D Its getting obvious that I really like this kid :lol: The more I find out about her, the more I admire her. She's such a positive energy to feed on. B) Very inspiring story she has.

I wish I was there during her launch. I wonder when she'll come here... Hmmm...

Guest amaineko

Waaaw! Thank you amenieko!

:D Its getting obvious that I really like this kid :lol: The more I find out about her, the more I admire her. She's such a positive energy to feed on. B) Very inspiring story she has.

I wish I was there during her launch. I wonder when she'll come here... Hmmm...

hehehe..Here's part 2...I just realized that although I speak English, translating Tagalog to English is not as simple...*lol* I think it goes the same way for any other language:

PART 2

*What was it like to share the stage with Celine Dion?

Naku, ate (laughs)! Nung backstage pa lang, doon niya ako pina-stay sa dressing room niya tapos kinukuwento niya sa 'kin, pinakita niya sa akin lahat ng makeup niya, 'yung mga makeup daw niya, mula daw 19 years old siya hanggang ngayon 'yun pa rin 'yung gamit niya! Tapos nung time na nasa stage na kami, hindi ko makita, pero nanginginig talaga 'yung tuhod ko! As in talagang, giniginaw na ako, kinabahan pa ako, hindi ko alam kung ano 'yung gagawin ko, pero nag-start na 'yung song, nakalimutan ko na lahat. Nung nagsigawan na 'yung tao, biglang sabi ko, "Okay, kailangan kong gawin 'yung best ko kasi once in a lifetime lang 'to."

Tinapos ko pa po 'yung concert bago ko siya ulit nakausap. Naiyak siya, niyakap niya ako, sinabi niya nak ikita daw niya 'yung sarili niya sa akin.

Naku Ate..(Hmmm no way to translate Naku in English because it’s an expression..But Ate is older sister-can be used by younger males and females) ….@ the backstage she let me stay in her dressing room and showed me her make-up. She told those are her make-up since she was 19 years old and she still use them (I’m guessing it might be the brand not the make-up way back per se..makes sense right?) And when we were on-stage, I couldn’t see it but my knees were shaking. I felt cold , so nervous…you know like I don’t know what to do, but when the song started I forgot everything. When the crowd started shouting I told myself “Ok, I need to give my best because this is once in a lifetime chance”.

I finished the concert before I was able to speak with her again. I cried and she hugged me. She told me she sees herself in me.

Naku Ate..(Hmmm no way to translate Naku in English because it’s an expression..But Ate is a respectful way of addressing an older sister/female-can be used by younger males and females) ….@ the backstage she let me stay in her dressing room and showed me her make-up. She told those are her make-up since she was 19 years old and she still use them (I’m guessing it might be the brand not the make-up way back per se..makes sense right?) And when we were on-stage, I couldn’t see it but my knees were shaking. I felt cold , so nervous…you know like I don’t know what to do, but when the song started I forgot everything. When the crowd started shouting I told myself “Ok, I need to give my best because this is once in a lifetime chance”.

Natatakot ka ba na malalaos ka one day? (Are you scared that one day you will not be popular? – Laos is Tagalog for fade. Malaos is slang for losing fame..)

Actually, hindi naman po ako takot kung mawala man po. Handa naman po ako. 'Yung pinasok ko po ngayon, hindi po ako nag-e-expect na magtatagal po talaga ako. Hindi ako nag-e-expect too much. Lagi kong iniisip na nag-uumpisa lang ako. Habang nandito ako, nag-iipon ako nang nag-iipon. Ayoko man isipin, pero posibleng mangyari, kaya habang nandito pa, habang mainit pa, nag-iipon ako.

Actually, I am not scared if I lose it (she means popularity). I am ready. When I entered this, I never expected to last long. I don’t (try) expect to much. I always think that I am just beginning. And while I’m @ it, I save…and save. And I don’t want to think about it (losing what she has), but it’s possible so while it’s still here I am saving (money).

*How do you inspire women? What do you think women see in you that inspires them?

Siguro 'yung tiyaga. Kasi kung napanood man nila talaga 'yung life story ko, parang hindi nila mai-imagine kung bakit hanggang ngayon ang tibay-tibay ko. Biruin niyo, four years old pa lang ako, iniwan na kami ng Dad ko. Ang saklap pa talaga ng nangyari sa amin noon, nung naghiwalay sila. Nag-singing contest ako, sobrang hirap. Nakaranas kami na talagang lumipat kami na wala kaming dala kundi damit lang at 'yung radyo ko na napanalunan.

Probably perseverance, because a lot of them who watch me don’t understand why I’m so strong. Imagine, I was only 4 when my father left us (her family). It was so hard when they (parents) separated. I joined singing contest which was difficult. There was a time when we had to transfer (she meant house) and all we had was our clothes and a radio which I won (from singing).

*What's your favorite activity aside from singing?

Mahilig po ako mag-record-record, mag-cover ng songs, pero hindi ko shine-share kasi nahihiya ako.

What we I love to record and cover songs, but I don’t usually share because I’m not confident. (Note she actually said SHY, but in context she meant not confident about showing)

*Any advice you want to tell our readers?

Kailangan lang talaga 'yung tiyaga sa life. Mostly ang problema ng mga tao, nawawalan sila ng pag-asa. May ibang tao na gusto nila agad-agad. Hindi gan'on kadali.

What we need is perseverance in lide. Most of the time, the problem of people is losing hope. There are people who want immediate resolutions. That is not an easy thing.

*What makes you fun and what makes you fearless?

Siyempre 'yung trabaho ko po. 'Yung ginagawa ko po, rine-represent ko po 'yung Philippines. 'Yung masuklian ko lang 'yung mga Pinoy na nakikita ko sa ibang bansa, na proud sila sa akin, na parang nakikilala 'yung Philippines dahil sa akin (at kay Sir Manny Pacquiao). Nawawala ang takot ko na kahit ano'ng sabihin ng ibang tao na hindi ko kaya, ganyan, as long as maraming nagmamahal sa akin.

Of course it’s my work(job): by doing this I’m representing Philippines. And to give back something to Filipinos abroad who see me and are proud of be because Philippines is known because of me and Sir Manny Paquiao (I noticed she addresses older man like David F and Manny “Sir” like typical Filipinos here).. My fears disappear even if people tell me “I CAN’T”, as long as many still love me.

END

After reading this, it just made me realized that she is not unaware that a lot of people out there don't believe in her talent/ capacity but does not let it stop from trying hard. It made me admire her more. I mean how many teenagers her age are as grounded.

Also an FYI, she's a college student @ South New Hampshire University. She said in an interview that she attends 2 hours online class per day and that David is looking out for her future. She has scholarship. :)

Guest bitzes

@chris22 .. some news .. in Italy .. there's some competition on awards .. i don't actually know what this is or what's this about ...

here's the link .. u can also vote for her .. Solospecttaculo.it

translation: Tokio Hotel Wins Hands Down The Finals, Now it´s Lavigne-Charice

he most intense week with the Final of the Foreign Groups category that demonstrated still once again that the Tokio Hotel is the most loved group from these sides.

TH has extra-beaten no other than the best Jonas Brothers, who landed as the perfect second placer in a very difficult and intense category: the Jonas’ fans should not be disheartened, it is really the perfect result and it was almost not possible to do any better, Tokio Hotel has drawn up legions of fans and there have been great interventions of boys and girls from abroad, that has amazed and given us much pleasure.

Now, we crown the Tokio Hotel as the absolute winner of their category, it is already a tittle in the bag, we will see then if they will also win the most difficult Final that contains winners of all eight (8)different categories.

Now for the Best Foreign Singer category, with a final that we had not expected from the beginning: Charice Pempengco versus Avril Lavigne.

Pempengco has beaten Britney Spears in the quarter final, in one of the most beautiful challenges in the whole Sonic Arena, picking up more than 3000 votes (!!!), then to win in semifinal against Beyoncè, while Avril Lavigne beforehand has won against Rihanna in the qurterfinal and then against Kylie Minogue in the semi.

Now the two arrived at the final, let’s see who will win it!

And then here below, in your own words try to explain why you prefer an artist to the other and what do you feel when you listen to a certain songs. And just a reminder you can alwaysconsult the notice boards: Sonic Arena Draw Finals with the fast encounters and datas to update yourself on the last phase of Sonic Arena.

And now you have one week of time to push your favourite singer! We are in the final phase, give it your best!!!

Who will win the Final???

Charice

Avril Lavigne

Tokio Hotel is a German pop rock band founded in Magdeburg, Germany in 2001 by singer Bill Kaulitz, guitarist Tom Kaulitz, drummer Gustav Schäfer and bassist Georg Listing. The quartet have scored four number one singles and have released three number one albums in their native country, selling nearly 5 million CDs and DVDs there.

Translated by Wilma

Submitted by OMIE

credit: charicemania.com

EDIT: here's the more accurate translation in MUSIC LOUNGE article ..

First Achievement For Asians: Charice’s Debut Album Ranked 8th in America

Tokyo, Japan – On July 7th, Charice’s album will debut in Japan and in America it debuted earlier. For her first appearance in America, it ranked eighth (on the Billboard 200). Sakamoto Kyu ranked fourteenth for his first appearance. This is a first achievement for an Asian to be ranked within the Top Ten in America.

It was decided that Charice is going to cover Ayaka’s famous song “Mikazuki.” That song is going to be contained in Charice’s debut album as a bonus track. Charice, who is from the Philippines, has always been interested in the Japanese music scene. She said, “I want to know more about Japanese music.” Lots of famous Japanese music were sent to Charice to listen to and she felt that the song “Mikazuki” was the most impressive.

At the same time a huge portable music downloading site, Rekochoku, was recruiting Japanese artists who might want Charice to cover their song. In this program, the song “Mikazuki” got numerous requests by online users to be sung by Charice, outnumbering all the other Japanese artist songs. Thanks to this coincidence (since it was also Charice’s favorite), she decided to cover “Mikazuki.”

Charice, who is expected to be famous in Japan for her songs, arrived in Japan the previous day. She had an official rehearsal and sang three songs including her debut single “Pyramid” and the cover song “Mikazuki” (meaning Crescent Moon). At 150cm tall, with such a small body frame, people can’t imagine that Charice could have such a strong voice and developed skills. People were impressed and surprised at her abilities.

MC showed her young cute face (18 years old)! Her Japanese debut is soon to come!

Mouse over to watch the live version of Ayaka´s Crescent Moon: Mikazuki

Source: Music Lounge Japan

Translation by Shimizu Yoshiki, Central Washington University, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies

sorry for the long post ....

Guest chris22

hehehe..Here's part 2...I just realized that although I speak English, translating Tagalog to English is not as simple...*lol* I think it goes the same way for any other language:

PART 2

*What was it like to share the stage with Celine Dion?

Naku, ate (laughs)! Nung backstage pa lang, doon niya ako pina-stay sa dressing room niya tapos kinukuwento niya sa 'kin, pinakita niya sa akin lahat ng makeup niya, 'yung mga makeup daw niya, mula daw 19 years old siya hanggang ngayon 'yun pa rin 'yung gamit niya! Tapos nung time na nasa stage na kami, hindi ko makita, pero nanginginig talaga 'yung tuhod ko! As in talagang, giniginaw na ako, kinabahan pa ako, hindi ko alam kung ano 'yung gagawin ko, pero nag-start na 'yung song, nakalimutan ko na lahat. Nung nagsigawan na 'yung tao, biglang sabi ko, "Okay, kailangan kong gawin 'yung best ko kasi once in a lifetime lang 'to."

Tinapos ko pa po 'yung concert bago ko siya ulit nakausap. Naiyak siya, niyakap niya ako, sinabi niya nak ikita daw niya 'yung sarili niya sa akin.

Naku Ate..(Hmmm no way to translate Naku in English because it’s an expression..But Ate is older sister-can be used by younger males and females) ….@ the backstage she let me stay in her dressing room and showed me her make-up. She told those are her make-up since she was 19 years old and she still use them (I’m guessing it might be the brand not the make-up way back per se..makes sense right?) And when we were on-stage, I couldn’t see it but my knees were shaking. I felt cold , so nervous…you know like I don’t know what to do, but when the song started I forgot everything. When the crowd started shouting I told myself “Ok, I need to give my best because this is once in a lifetime chance”.

I finished the concert before I was able to speak with her again. I cried and she hugged me. She told me she sees herself in me.

Naku Ate..(Hmmm no way to translate Naku in English because it’s an expression..But Ate is a respectful way of addressing an older sister/female-can be used by younger males and females) ….@ the backstage she let me stay in her dressing room and showed me her make-up. She told those are her make-up since she was 19 years old and she still use them (I’m guessing it might be the brand not the make-up way back per se..makes sense right?) And when we were on-stage, I couldn’t see it but my knees were shaking. I felt cold , so nervous…you know like I don’t know what to do, but when the song started I forgot everything. When the crowd started shouting I told myself “Ok, I need to give my best because this is once in a lifetime chance”.

Natatakot ka ba na malalaos ka one day? (Are you scared that one day you will not be popular? – Laos is Tagalog for fade. Malaos is slang for losing fame..)

Actually, hindi naman po ako takot kung mawala man po. Handa naman po ako. 'Yung pinasok ko po ngayon, hindi po ako nag-e-expect na magtatagal po talaga ako. Hindi ako nag-e-expect too much. Lagi kong iniisip na nag-uumpisa lang ako. Habang nandito ako, nag-iipon ako nang nag-iipon. Ayoko man isipin, pero posibleng mangyari, kaya habang nandito pa, habang mainit pa, nag-iipon ako.

Actually, I am not scared if I lose it (she means popularity). I am ready. When I entered this, I never expected to last long. I don’t (try) expect to much. I always think that I am just beginning. And while I’m @ it, I save…and save. And I don’t want to think about it (losing what she has), but it’s possible so while it’s still here I am saving (money).

*How do you inspire women? What do you think women see in you that inspires them?

Siguro 'yung tiyaga. Kasi kung napanood man nila talaga 'yung life story ko, parang hindi nila mai-imagine kung bakit hanggang ngayon ang tibay-tibay ko. Biruin niyo, four years old pa lang ako, iniwan na kami ng Dad ko. Ang saklap pa talaga ng nangyari sa amin noon, nung naghiwalay sila. Nag-singing contest ako, sobrang hirap. Nakaranas kami na talagang lumipat kami na wala kaming dala kundi damit lang at 'yung radyo ko na napanalunan.

Probably perseverance, because a lot of them who watch me don’t understand why I’m so strong. Imagine, I was only 4 when my father left us (her family). It was so hard when they (parents) separated. I joined singing contest which was difficult. There was a time when we had to transfer (she meant house) and all we had was our clothes and a radio which I won (from singing).

*What's your favorite activity aside from singing?

Mahilig po ako mag-record-record, mag-cover ng songs, pero hindi ko shine-share kasi nahihiya ako.

What we I love to record and cover songs, but I don’t usually share because I’m not confident. (Note she actually said SHY, but in context she meant not confident about showing)

*Any advice you want to tell our readers?

Kailangan lang talaga 'yung tiyaga sa life. Mostly ang problema ng mga tao, nawawalan sila ng pag-asa. May ibang tao na gusto nila agad-agad. Hindi gan'on kadali.

What we need is perseverance in lide. Most of the time, the problem of people is losing hope. There are people who want immediate resolutions. That is not an easy thing.

*What makes you fun and what makes you fearless?

Siyempre 'yung trabaho ko po. 'Yung ginagawa ko po, rine-represent ko po 'yung Philippines. 'Yung masuklian ko lang 'yung mga Pinoy na nakikita ko sa ibang bansa, na proud sila sa akin, na parang nakikilala 'yung Philippines dahil sa akin (at kay Sir Manny Pacquiao). Nawawala ang takot ko na kahit ano'ng sabihin ng ibang tao na hindi ko kaya, ganyan, as long as maraming nagmamahal sa akin.

Of course it’s my work(job): by doing this I’m representing Philippines. And to give back something to Filipinos abroad who see me and are proud of be because Philippines is known because of me and Sir Manny Paquiao (I noticed she addresses older man like David F and Manny “Sir” like typical Filipinos here).. My fears disappear even if people tell me “I CAN’T”, as long as many still love me.

END

After reading this, it just made me realized that she is not unaware that a lot of people out there don't believe in her talent/ capacity but does not let it stop from trying hard. It made me admire her more. I mean how many teenagers her age are as grounded.

Also an FYI, she's a college student @ South New Hampshire University. She said in an interview that she attends 2 hours online class per day and that David is looking out for her future. She has scholarship. :)

Thank you for this info!!! She was very, very candid and seemed sincere in her words. Yes, she really is grounded despite her growing popularity. Very cool. She's a role model for kids her age. I hope in time she learns to speak english more fluently since based on this interview, she can answer with a lot of "meat". hehe Just so she can connect more effectively with the American audience and other nationalities. I'm sure they will appreciate her more if only they understand her clearer.

@chris22 .. some news .. in Italy .. there's some competition on awards .. i don't actually know what this is or what's this about ...

here's the link .. u can also vote for her .. Solospecttaculo.it

translation: Tokio Hotel Wins Hands Down The Finals, Now it´s Lavigne-Charice

he most intense week with the Final of the Foreign Groups category that demonstrated still once again that the Tokio Hotel is the most loved group from these sides.

TH has extra-beaten no other than the best Jonas Brothers, who landed as the perfect second placer in a very difficult and intense category: the Jonas’ fans should not be disheartened, it is really the perfect result and it was almost not possible to do any better, Tokio Hotel has drawn up legions of fans and there have been great interventions of boys and girls from abroad, that has amazed and given us much pleasure.

Now, we crown the Tokio Hotel as the absolute winner of their category, it is already a tittle in the bag, we will see then if they will also win the most difficult Final that contains winners of all eight (8)different categories.

Now for the Best Foreign Singer category, with a final that we had not expected from the beginning: Charice Pempengco versus Avril Lavigne.

Pempengco has beaten Britney Spears in the quarter final, in one of the most beautiful challenges in the whole Sonic Arena, picking up more than 3000 votes (!!!), then to win in semifinal against Beyoncè, while Avril Lavigne beforehand has won against Rihanna in the qurterfinal and then against Kylie Minogue in the semi.

Now the two arrived at the final, let’s see who will win it!

And then here below, in your own words try to explain why you prefer an artist to the other and what do you feel when you listen to a certain songs. And just a reminder you can alwaysconsult the notice boards: Sonic Arena Draw Finals with the fast encounters and datas to update yourself on the last phase of Sonic Arena.

And now you have one week of time to push your favourite singer! We are in the final phase, give it your best!!!

Who will win the Final???

Charice

Avril Lavigne

Tokio Hotel is a German pop rock band founded in Magdeburg, Germany in 2001 by singer Bill Kaulitz, guitarist Tom Kaulitz, drummer Gustav Schäfer and bassist Georg Listing. The quartet have scored four number one singles and have released three number one albums in their native country, selling nearly 5 million CDs and DVDs there.

Translated by Wilma

Submitted by OMIE

credit: charicemania.com

EDIT: here's the more accurate translation in MUSIC LOUNGE article ..

First Achievement For Asians: Charice’s Debut Album Ranked 8th in America

Tokyo, Japan – On July 7th, Charice’s album will debut in Japan and in America it debuted earlier. For her first appearance in America, it ranked eighth (on the Billboard 200). Sakamoto Kyu ranked fourteenth for his first appearance. This is a first achievement for an Asian to be ranked within the Top Ten in America.

It was decided that Charice is going to cover Ayaka’s famous song “Mikazuki.” That song is going to be contained in Charice’s debut album as a bonus track. Charice, who is from the Philippines, has always been interested in the Japanese music scene. She said, “I want to know more about Japanese music.” Lots of famous Japanese music were sent to Charice to listen to and she felt that the song “Mikazuki” was the most impressive.

At the same time a huge portable music downloading site, Rekochoku, was recruiting Japanese artists who might want Charice to cover their song. In this program, the song “Mikazuki” got numerous requests by online users to be sung by Charice, outnumbering all the other Japanese artist songs. Thanks to this coincidence (since it was also Charice’s favorite), she decided to cover “Mikazuki.”

Charice, who is expected to be famous in Japan for her songs, arrived in Japan the previous day. She had an official rehearsal and sang three songs including her debut single “Pyramid” and the cover song “Mikazuki” (meaning Crescent Moon). At 150cm tall, with such a small body frame, people can’t imagine that Charice could have such a strong voice and developed skills. People were impressed and surprised at her abilities.

MC showed her young cute face (18 years old)! Her Japanese debut is soon to come!

Mouse over to watch the live version of Ayaka´s Crescent Moon: Mikazuki

Source: Music Lounge Japan

Translation by Shimizu Yoshiki, Central Washington University, Kyoto University of Foreign Studies

sorry for the long post ....

Thank you!!! I saw this post already, but the translation sucked. lol. this one is much clearer! Thank you for sharing! :D Wanna hear that japanese song, I'm gonna search for it.

Guest amaineko

^I think we'll get to hear it when Album gets out in Japan Market this July. Anyway, she'll do a cover soon for Chris Brown's "With You".

Guest popsicles

I seriously cant wait for July...weeeehh...

Wonder whos the lucky japanese singer chosen to be charice duet partner.

Archived