Charice, the first Asian to enter in Top 10 (NO. 8) spot in Billboard's Top 200 Chart

Guest popsicles

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ai.s2

I still don't care for her music but I just wanna tell people...her management is promoting her very well and this is why she is doing well.

I'm saying this because people always say asians fail in the US because america is racist and that is not the case, those artists failed due to lack of promotion and exposure.

This is the CORRECT way to make a debut people.

heck i agree,

im not saying she's not talented, she definitely is very talented, but there are people out there with the same qualities who are not given the same opportunities Charice had because of their race, she was def very very lucky

although racism is def part of a reason, the correct promotion should be able to overcome that,

its not exactly the market that cant accept it but the companies are usually relunctant to take the risk when they can be making money with less risk

Guest amaineko

heck i agree,

im not saying she's not talented, she definitely is very talented, but there are people out there with the same qualities who are not given the same opportunities Charice had because of their race, she was def very very lucky

although racism is def part of a reason, the correct promotion should be able to overcome that,

its not exactly the market that cant accept it but the companies are usually relunctant to take the risk when they can be making money with less risk

I think David Foster chose the best people to work with her because he knows that there was a diamond waiting to be unearthed in the rough stone that was Charice. It took 2 years to come up with the album, but if you look at the people who worked on her album they are the best in the industry.

He (David Foster) really treats her like a daughter and in fact, he had her enroll in an online university. (South New Hamshire University) where she is a scholar. I think she is a model to teens in her generation. I mean honestly..Flying all over US and different parts of the world..Recording...Radio and TV appearances.. You would think she wouldn't manage to go into college but she is.

Guest pepsi_twist9

Hell yeah, I love this girl. And her album is really good. It's high on the charts, but I don't know many non-Asian people that know her unfortunately. Hope she starts making it big.

I think David Foster chose the best people to work with her because he knows that there was a diamond waiting to be unearthed in the rough stone that was Charice. It took 2 years to come up with the album, but if you look at the people who worked on her album they are the best in the industry.

He (David Foster) really treats her like a daughter and in fact, he had her enroll in an online university. (South New Hamshire University) where she is a scholar. I think she is a model to teens in her generation. I mean honestly..Flying all over US and different parts of the world..Recording...Radio and TV appearances.. You would think she wouldn't manage to go into college but she is.

That's warming to hear. I was always wondering about her education, and where she'll be after all this singing.

on another note, I completely agree with LucasBunny. Her management and promotional staff are some of the best if not the best.

I still think she's heaps talented, but she definitely got there with people's help and that what makes her complete. She has the right people behind her who believe in her voice and conviction to achieve. I believe David Foster said so himself.. that what makes her a star is because she craves it more than anyone else. She's connected to her audience and has the vocal chops that the industry doesn't have too much of.

Guest amaineko

Dang, she's only 18?! She looks way older in these pictures.

In those pictures..But when you see her like in TV or personally she looks waaay younger..Like a kid! :lol: Cute as a button hehe...

Guest amaineko

Hell yeah, I love this girl. And her album is really good. It's high on the charts, but I don't know many non-Asian people that know her unfortunately. Hope she starts making it big.

Actually non-asians are beginning to know her. These are screenshots from Wango Tango Village:

11vtylk.jpg

I also saw about 3 videos of fan reviews from non-Asian folks. Check out this one review:

Some news/interviewsabout her:

Yahoo Finance

Just So You Know

Ace Showbiz

Ed Fayette (show producer)

US MTV websitePerez Hilton

I think that she is definitely getting there! :lol:

I still don't care for her music but I just wanna tell people...her management is promoting her very well and this is why she is doing well.

I'm saying this because people always say asians fail in the US because america is racist and that is not the case, those artists failed due to lack of promotion and exposure.

This is the CORRECT way to make a debut people.

I agree. She just got lucky - not that I'm saying she's talentless or anything. It's just that there ARE other people who are - if not more - talented than her. She's lucky that the right person found her! Someone that has obviously made his mark in the industry!

I always think of Star King when I see her. Haha :D Don't kill me but in my opinion, she's so-so. I've seen other kids who could pull of Celine & Whitney's songs.

But props to her! It's been a long journey.

Guest pandoras0nymph

thats nice to know..i think she's very fortunate.. oprah and david foster are right behind her.. i think she's a good girl thats why she's blessed. hope she would always be grateful to all of these.

Guest WeSCxOrisue88

although i agree she's very blessed with great management, at the end of the day you need the talent and substance to back it up, for which charice does have. not many people can say they have the vocal prowess that charice has. oprah and david foster both believe in her--an immense honor in itself. this girl will be a huge star!

so many asian acts have tried to break in the US, but to be honest they did not bring anything groundbreaking or that stands out, that's why they failed. kpop stars like boa and se7en got to work with famous american producers and collaborate with heavy weights like sean garrett and lil kim. yet they still failed! so you can't just say it's all about management, the product has to be good as well...the person has to stand out with a talent that is genuine and believable not just another copycat britney spears or usher.

Guest ant747

although i agree she's very blessed with great management, at the end of the day you need the talent and substance to back it up, for which charice does have. not many people can say they have the vocal prowess that charice has. oprah and david foster both believe in her--an immense honor in itself. this girl will be a huge star!

so many asian acts have tried to break in the US, but to be honest they did not bring anything groundbreaking or that stands out, that's why they failed. kpop stars like boa and se7en got to work with famous american producers and collaborate with heavy weights like sean garrett and lil kim. yet they still failed! so you can't just say it's all about management, the product has to be good as well...the person has to stand out with a talent that is genuine and believable not just another copycat britney spears or usher.

Bravo! Finally someone's talking some sense here. You need to have TALENT to make it, NOT just management/promotion alone.

Guest amaineko

I agree. She just got lucky - not that I'm saying she's talentless or anything. It's just that there ARE other people who are - if not more - talented than her. She's lucky that the right person found her! Someone that has obviously made his mark in the industry!

I always think of Star King when I see her. Haha :D Don't kill me but in my opinion, she's so-so. I've seen other kids who could pull of Celine & Whitney's songs.

But props to her! It's been a long journey.

I beg to disagree with SHE JUST GOT LUCKY. and there are more kids talented than her? Like who? Sure there are a lot of talented people out there. Charice even said in one of her interviews that in Philippines alone, there are many talented singers..

And nope the RIGHT SOMEONE didnt find her...That is not correct...What would be more accurate is that Several SOMEONES found her. If you know the people behind her album..song writers..she got the best writers...For example... Drew Ryan Scott.... This young man (he's born 1988) have written Super Junior's Sorry Sorry, Shinee's Amigo, Taeyang's Sinner to name a few hits...

David Foster said CHARICE is one of those singers that comes once in a generation... So-so? Then show some videos of these MORE talented people her age or younger than her... That singing ability...she's been cultivating it for 14 years now.. 14 years..:)

PS I'm not mad. I'm just seriously baffled that someone can state she's a so-so...And mind you she is already on her way to becoming a big star...She's already making waves in the news.. CNN..MTV... OMG Yahoo... Next she'll be promoting in Japan. Warner Music Japan is gearing up for a huge promotion for her.. :lol:

Oh by the way, she's been into the same show as Wonder Girls... Wango Tango Village!

Here's DRS promoting Pyramid on his Tweetvid.

Guest bunsen

I'm so happy for her! First Asian in top 200. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

She should perform in award shows so people can see how frikken amazing she is LIVE.

Guest whizzer's_rose

Yeah, maybe what Charice has is freshness, I mean the US had already seen a lot of Boas and Se7en( no offense to Boa and Se7en fans) like they are very much comparable to Britney Spears (in fact Boa was know to be the Britney Spears of Asia) and Justin Timberlake so they need to maybe offer something different so that they can make it big in the US. Wondergirls had made quite a stir in the US because it's been a long time since they've seen a pop girlband ever since Spice Girls and now Charice is making waves coz it's been so long since they've seen a small girl with a big voice like Leanne Rimes or Charlotte Church

I believe that it takes talent and a little serving of luck to make it big like Charice has.

^ LOL uh

explain kesha for me.

And miley.

Kesha and Miley may not be talented vocally but they have alot of star quality whether you like it or not

they are both amazing performers and their songs are in your face and get stuck in your head.

I think some people misunderstood what I said, I wasnt implying Charice got lucky or that she wasnt talented I was just saying she's doing well because she has the right people behind her. Although I have to be very honest and say that I feel like if Charice was not filipino and she had that voice , I don't think Oprah or David Foster would have approached her.

...I'm sorry I have to strongly disagree with Charice being "Fresh" and being one those artists that come once a generation

because we had that already and we will never have anyone else like that person.

Guest Charicemaniacs

Yeah, maybe what Charice has is freshness, I mean the US had already seen a lot of Boas and Se7en( no offense to Boa and Se7en fans) like they are very much comparable to Britney Spears (in fact Boa was know to be the Britney Spears of Asia) and Justin Timberlake so they need to maybe offer something different so that they can make it big in the US. Wondergirls had made quite a stir in the US because it's been a long time since they've seen a pop girlband ever since Spice Girls and now Charice is making waves coz it's been so long since they've seen a small girl with a big voice like Leanne Rimes or Charlotte Church

I believe that it takes talent and a little serving of luck to make it big like Charice has.

What stir are you talking about? And maybe your unfamiliar with american music but after Spice girls there has been a lot of western pop girl band groups...Should i say lion king Cat dolls who was just dissolved late last year and ruled the charts in the Pop girl band era.

Also Wondergirls opened for Charice in Wango Tango, where she headlined the "village"

Here is the fancam of the event with Wondergirls opening

And here is charice in the main tent while the Wondergirls are performing with Huge lines for her autograph

Archived