Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Guest Hae_Won

Hae-won sis, juz saw da April Snow trailers on TV last night. Yeh , too?

:D

Yeah, I saw the trailer too. ;) I almost screamed & jumped out of my seat when I saw the trailer on TV. Hehehe! :P I really can't wait to watch this movie. ^_^

I'm very happy to see a lot of good news for our YJ in these days.

My Wishes for Christmas Eve are:

SYJ will win Blue Dragon Award for The Best Actress.

"The Art Of Seduction" will be a big hit in this Christmas Season.

"A Moment To Remember" will be the top grossing Korean Movie in Japan.

I pray Santa Claus to spell my all wishes come true. Cheer

My wishes too.

Most people expect Lee Young-ae to win because she has already won the Cannes best foreign actress (or best actress) award for her role in 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance'. It was a lot easier for her to show her acting skill because the whole movie was about her character and there were lots of depth to her character.

Compared to Ye jin, who acted in a rather slow artsy movie and with the movie emphasis being on the male lead, she was already in a disadvantage.

Secondly, 'Sympathy for Lady Vengeance' is considered a superior production versus April Snow. Well...this is arguable but Sympathy is nominated for Best Picture, Best Directing, Best Music, Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction and April Snow? Zero nomination other than Ye jin's Best Actress.

Considered the disadvantages that Ye jin was placed in April Snow, her acting still shone and I am already thankful that the panel of judges recognised her performances as one of the Best 5 performances in 2005. Win or lose, I think I am happy as it is.

Arts of Seduction box office in Korea should be good. It's a comedy and Ye jin has always managed to get good box office for all her movies in Korea (except for April Snow). Sung Il Kook is also quite hot in Korea now. I just hope the box office of AoS in January will be counted as that of 2005 so that perhaps Ye jin will end up with a top 10 grossing movie in Korea for the year 2005. She has one for 2002, 2003 and 2004 and would be nice to have top 10 grossing movie for 4 consecutive years.

AMTR is 90% going to be top grossing korean movie in Japan in about 3 to 4 weeks' time. As at 13 Nov, it has already achieved 1.8 billion total box office. To hit another 0.6 billion, AMTR will need to stay in top 10 for another 4 to 5 weeks which I think should not be a problem. Considering the box office of AMTR has only decreased by about 3% each week for the first 3 weeks of screening and its weekly box office is still very strong at no.2 last weekend and no.1 for last weekdays, it should stay in the top 10 for 4 more weeks at least.

Even if AMTR lost to April Snow, it won't be far from April Snow and it's not bad at all.

I saw her pic in the newspaper that day.. Wow, she's really pretty and sweet looking....... But pity her, during her April Snow press conference, everybody was like focusing on BYJ.... the producer had to ask them to ask her a question..... Pity her....

I saw her pic in the newspaper that day.. Wow, she's really pretty and sweet looking....... But pity her, during her April Snow press conference, everybody was like focusing on BYJ.... the producer had to ask them to ask her a question..... Pity her....

Hi fwnc-b!

Welcome to SYJ thread. It's ok and I think no need to pity her.

I just noticed something interesting.

All of the nominated Best Actresses came from movies that were also nominated for multiple categories. Ye jin is the only nomination from a movie that didn't get any other nomination.

I have to go to temple and thank the gods that the panel of judges even noticed Ye jin in a movie with zero nomination in other category.

To be honest, I can imagine myself beaming with pride when I watch the video of the ceremony and seeing Ye jin among a list of nominations including Kang Hye-Jung, Kim Jung-eun, Lee Young-ae and Jeon Do-yeon.

To be nominated alongside these actresses is in itself a great honour and a recognition of Ye jin's acting skill.

To win is a minor miracle. But there is nothing to lose for any of the other 4 nominees who don't win the Best Actress Award.

29 Nov will be a BIG day for all Ye jin fans

As at 6 Nov 2005, the total box office of Eraser in Japan was 1.4 billion yen.

As at 13 Nov 2005, the total box office of Eraser in Japan was 1.8 billion yen.

In the 4th week, Eraser achieved another 0.4 billion yen from weekend + weekdays.

Decease in weekly box office was 3% in second week (from the first week), 3% in third week (from the second) and 12% in fourth week (from the third week).

If Eraser can maintain 10 to 20% drop in box office in the next two weeks, it will easily achieved 2.4 billion yen and be installed as the top grossing korean movie in Japan.

Even if the box office of Eraser is to be less than expected, it will still overtake April Snow but maybe it will need another 3 or 4 weeks of screening.

But since Eraser is still very high at no.2 in the fourth week (note that many movies cannot even hit no.2 in the first week), Eraser is most likely going to last another few weeks and will easily achieve another 0.6 billion yen to overtake the 2.4 billion yen of April Snow.

Hopefully, Eraser will do well in the next two weeks so that by 29 Nov, we will have at leaet 1 BIG GOOD news or 2 BIG GOOD news.

The first BIG GOOD news is Eraser confirmed as the top grossing korean movie in Japan.

The second BIG GOOD news is that ....Ye jin won Blue Dragon Best Actress Award.

No matter what, we will have at least 1 BIG GOOD news for celebration!!

Guest hazel_witch

Cant wait for her movie...

BTW, will AoS be showing on Dec 22? coz i read an article at SHK's thread that their movies will go head to head... coz SHK's movie will be shown on the 24th i think...

:D sO-So nice to see RWSJlove, kalsue, yuta_rule `en hallen back in tis thread. Hello ev'ry one!!!

:D

Heya quteacho........hope everything is good. ;)

And congrats to Ye Jin for being nominated for the Blue Dragon award, her biggest competitior would have to be Lee Young-Ae I guess. Though being nominated is already an honour but of course I really hope YJ can nab this award this time.

Btw when is this award going to be held anyone knows?

Guest cheelam

so.. ye jin did win the blue dragon awards? soo... did she beat lee young ae and the others?

if so---i must be dreaming.. lol

btw--anyone have the viewing of the blue dragon ceremony? does anyone have the whole show? thats-- i want to see ye jin win.. !!

so.. ye jin did win the blue dragon awards? soo... did she beat lee young ae and the others?

if so---i must be dreaming.. lol

btw--anyone have the viewing of the blue dragon ceremony? does anyone have the whole show? thats-- i want to see ye jin win.. !!

The award ceremony will be held on 29 Nov 2005.

Ye jin won the Blue Dragon Best New Actress award in 2003. Looks like she will be a regular nominee at this rate.

It is confirmed that Arts of Seduction will be screened on 22 Dec 2005 and Ye jin and Sung Il Kook will be visiting cinemas in Seoul over the Christmas period......poor Ye jin.

Congratulations and goodluck to Ye Jin in the upcoming Blue Dragon awards night

Wow, so Arts of Seduction will start screening on the 22nd of December? Yay! That's next month! :lol: I hope yesasia will release it on dvd right away.

i can't wait, only 13 days left..

i really want to see sis Yejin's smiling face with award. :rolleyes:

anyway,,our yejin is always smile and fresh.

and i also want to know what sis Yejin going to wear at Blue Dragon award night????

Lets Pray For Sis Yejin! GOOD LUCK! !

Guest sandrydc

An old Interview with Son Yejin

'I actually eat a lot of food, and I also go to the washroom a lot, hehe…'

This was her answer to the reporter's question, “You’re really just like an angel, surely you don’t eat and you don’t go to the washroom, do you?”

Son Yejin, the Queen of Melodramas in Korea, has starred opposite explosively popular male stars such as Cha Tae-hyun in Lover’s Concerto, Jo In Sung and Jo Seung Woo in The Classic, Jung Woo Sung in A Moment to Remember, and she has almost become synonymous with tears and sadness.

This time around, together with Bae Yong Joon, they have the leading roles in the movie April Snow, slated to be released in Korea, Japan and seven other Asian regions simultaneously. With this, interest on her from within Korea as well as outside of Korea has risen substantially. And because she’s the leading lady starring opposite Yon-sama, the attention from Japan is even more astounding. All 700 tickets to Son Yejin’s first ever fans’ session in Japan to be held in Tokyo on the 28th were sold out in all of five minutes; this was indeed a rarity.

The other day, this reporter met with Son Yejin at an Italian restaurant near Hongik University.

R: At the age of 23, you’ve already been cast as a married woman twice.

SYJ: But this is my first time playing a married woman throughout. In A Moment to Remember, we were courting first, then we got married. I feel like this time, I’m a newly-wedded woman at the age of about 26. I was thinking to myself, ‘That’s what I want, to marry early.’ Hehe…

The movie April Snow is about a man and a woman who found out about the relationship between their respective spouses when they met at the hospital following a car accident involving their spouses, and subsequently, the man and woman fell into forbidden love. Son Yejin said, “I had to portray the feelings of betrayal for my husband’s deed, and yet at the same time, I had to express the guilt when I myself unsconsciously took the same route of betrayal just like my husband. It was difficult.”

R: Amongst all of your works, none were rated “as for audience aged 18 & above”, would it be bolder, more open this time?

SYJ: This is not a love story between university students; it’s a love story between married people. The sex, the parts about each other’s bodies are naturally important. I think it’s only natural to see and feel each other’s bodies. This time, the scenes are treated and shot quite beautifully, with a sense of pain and wistfulness (referring to the intimate scenes).

R: Are you trying to change your image to a more sensuous and sexy one?

SYJ: Actually, I think not many people will look at me and think I’m sexy, hehe… But every woman would have her own sexy side, and like everyone else, I too have my sensuous side. Usually people would go ‘tsk tsk’ and think blasé things when it comes to sexiness. But I feel that sexiness goes deeper than that… How should I put it? Ah, I’m not sure…

R: For instance, generally people think that Jeon Ji Hyun-ssi is friendly and approachable, so people of both gender like her. But as for you, all the guys love you like crazy, but on the other hand, there’re many girls who do not like you.

SYJ: (Laughs) To put it simply, they’re saying I’m ‘cunning and evil’?

R: Ah, that’s right, Yejin-ssi is pretentious and puts on an act? You’re not quite your real self?

SYJ: The truth is there’s absolutely no pretense at all, I’m very direct and forthright. But actors do not just belong to themselves, even when I’m feeling weary or in pain, I still have to smile, greet and ask after others… Of course, people against me will have their own qualified reasons too, and there’re also people who do not like me just based on their own feelings. I seem to hear more comments of the latter. Because I tend to play characters who are pure and kind, so perhaps the girls would think, ‘It’s impossible to have someone like that in real life, who would believe that such girls exist?’ The girls seem to be more grounded than the guys, and they face reality and facts squarely. As for the guys, I suppose they have their own fairy tales and dreams.

R: So you're saying some people have misunderstood you?

SYJ: During filming, Yong Joon sumbae told me that there was this poll that ranked the most pretentious Korean artistes and I came out tops, whilst he was in the third place. He was laughing throughout as he was sharing with me this. I told him, well, whatever it is, it's still good to be first in something, right?

R: The way you tuck your hair behind your ears is absolutely beautiful. And you also look very attractive when tears roll down your face when you’re not wearing any expression. Is it because you’ve practiced in front of the mirror?

SYJ: Haha, actually yes, sometimes I do that. Some days I suddenly feel like having a sad face, or a pretty look, or how I should open my mouth a little more… But honestly, to play out certain expressions in front of the mirror is very different from expressions that come straight from the heart. There’s absolutely no feelings involved when you’re just trying to act out the expression; I can’t feel anything even when I stand in front of the camera if it’s not from the heart.

About the use of “Going Out ” as the (Korean) movie title, Son Yejin had this to share, “I think it’s referring to the going out of the mind, of the heart. The heart has gone through fear and it has also been stirred and awakened.”

As to the question of whether Son Yejin had experienced any “Going Out” in her life, here’s her reply, “Mmm, up to now, no. I've not thrown caution to the wind, abandon everything to pursue something.”

Although I do not know when her “Going Out” will happen, but for some reason, I’m already anticipating the movie “Going Out”

The Men Son Yejin Talked About

Son Yejin talked about the actors she has acted with so far:

Lover’s Concerto (2002), Crazy First Love (2003)

Cha Tae-hyun (29)

Tae-hyun oppa is very cheerful and he’s a talented actor.

The Classic (2003)

Jo In Sung (25) & Jo Seung Woo (24)

Although Jo In Sung-ssi is not old in terms of age, somehow he gives me the feeling he’s as friendly and comfortable like an uncle.

Jo Seung Woo-ssi is quite like me in terms of character, we’re both not as approachable or warm. Although he looks very cold and distant, he’s surprisingly manly.

A Moment to Remember (2004)

Jung Woo Sung (32)

Jung Woo Sung sumbae is a very warm person and he takes very good care of the people around him.

Going Out (April Snow) (2005)

Bae Yong Joon (33)

As an actor, Bae Yong Joon sumbae takes his work very seriously. And as a person, he is very matured. On one hand, he’s very considerate and pays attention to details; yet on the other hand, he has a very strong and masculine side.

Credit: Dong A Ilbo dated 24/6/2005

Translated into English: Happiebb / www.joonsfamily.com

SYJ: Actually, I think not many people will look at me and think I’m sexy, hehe… But every woman would have her own sexy side, and like everyone else, I too have my sensuous side. Usually people would go ‘tsk tsk’ and think blasé things when it comes to sexiness. But I feel that sexiness goes deeper than that… How should I put it? Ah, I’m not sure…

After watching April Snow, I believe 10 out of 10 men will think Ye jin is sexy.

April Snow Korean DVD release

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Translated and posted by Joanne in BYJ's Quilt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The DVD title of the film 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' will be out in domestic market in the middle of December, 2 weeks earlier than in Japan.

THe Enterone(Inc.) which is in charge of the production and distribution of the DVD title of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' told, "Although the accurate schedule is not out yet as the special feature work is progressing at present, it is planned to be out to market around the middle of December," and "The domestic edition and the Japanese edition will be produced differently from each other in the special feature part."

The DVD title of the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' has been gathering extraordinary interests from fans who want to own this as if reflecting explosive popularity of BYJ throughout entire Asia including Japan.

The (DVD) industry is expecting that rushes to come to Korea will be followed around marketing time (of DVD) because the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' title is put on sale for the first time in Korea and also because of cheaper title price compared to Japan, etc.

However, Large book stores like the Kyobo Moongo, & the Youngpoong Moongo, discount stores, on-line sale sites, eetc., the places that sell the 'Oe Chool(April Snow)' title plan not to run prior reservation system as in the case in Japan.

It was told that the title price will be set at the level of 20,000 won for the domestic edition, and 200, 000 won for the Japanese edition as it contains special interviews with BYJ & Ye Jin, etc. and is in the form of premium box finished up in high class case.

Reported by Shin Namsoo, delta@

Copyrights ⓒ Sports Chosun

Goodies of The Classic

You may want to download this fan-made MV. It has a wonderful song and all the best scenes in the movie.

http://www.sonyejin.org/video/fd/tm/org_99.wmv

And if you are thinking of buying the DVD, this one from YesAsia is the deal of the decade. It has 2 D9 DVD disc. About 2 hours worth of behind-the-scenes, deleted scenes, interviews and the MV.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...section-videos/

Deleted scenes of The Classic:

http://www.sonyejin.org/members/huaguizai/classic.rm

The deleted scenes, especially the daugther ones are VERY CUTE!!! DON'T MISS THIS VIDEO!!

This movie just made your smile, anxious and cried with the storyline.

For a male audience, it's hard to believe there is such a beautiful lady existing on earth...~smile~

I really hate SYJ,

The first time, I saw her, was in Summer Scent.

The second, in The Classic.

And the last in A Moment to Remember.

I dunno why but I hate her and at the same time I love her... She's really a good actress, her movies are really great. OMG, why she must be so perfect...