Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Ye Jin nominated for Best Actress Award for her role in April Snow for the upcoming Blue Dragon Award

Hard to win amongst all the veteran actresses but still happy because nominations are recognition of her good acting skills!! This means she was the top 5 actresses for the year!!

여우 주연상

강혜정 (연애의 목적)

5bo80003_4.jpg

김정은 (사랑니)

5bo80003_3.jpg

손예진 (외출)

5bo80003_2.jpg

이영애 (친절한 금자씨)

5bo80003_1.jpg

전도연 (너는 내 운명)

5bo80003.jpg

Extracted from www.iyejin.com

April Snow DVD set released by Hong Kong company

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/19923.html

Supposed to be released 15 Dec and can pre-order already

I think I will wait for the 5 Discs set released in Korea...I want to collect all the deleted scenes...I actually love some of the deleted scenes

OMG! WISEY! THE 5 DISC BOX SET (JAP VERSION) IS SELLING FOR US$256.99 >.< Even if the korean version goes for 50% of that price I still cant afford it.. lol

April Snow Premium Box (Limited Edition)(Japan Version)

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...-videos/code-k/

OMG! WISEY! THE 5 DISC BOX SET (JAP VERSION) IS SELLING FOR US$256.99 >.< Even if the korean version goes for 50% of that price I still cant afford it.. lol

April Snow Premium Box (Limited Edition)(Japan Version)

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/...-videos/code-k/

Well...there will always be the DVDrip to look forward to....

Personally I love some of the deleted scenes very much. So I will wait and see what is the price.

Ideally, I would like to see a 2 Disc set.

Yejin already won da Blue Dragon Award back in da 90's.

Hope `en pray tat she'll hit it upon once more!!!

:)

90's ? ...Ye jin is only 23 years old and I think she only started her acting career around 2000/2001...hehe..

Yah, but she won the Blue Dragon for Most Popular Star in 2003.

However, she hasn't won any Best Actress Award for the Blue Dragon. She won Best New Actresss for BaekSang and DaeJongSang in 2003 for 'Classic'. She also won the 2002 Movie Critics Award for Best New Actress for her role in Lover's Concerto.

In 2004, she only has one movie which was AMTR and she didn't win any award. Other than that...she has won movie award in 2002, 2003 and now being nominated in 2005.

Being nominated means you are the best 5 performances for the year.

I can't understand how people can still say she cannot act. Looking at Ye jin's track records, more likely is some people don't know how to appreciate good acting. Some people need dramatic storyline and exaggerated behavious (such as cry until there is a mini flood) before they can tell there is acting in a little 20" TV screen. I am not surprised.

AMTR maintained no.2 position in Japan weekend 12-13 Nov Box Office

Japan Box Office 12 - 13 Nov 2005

1. ALWAYS -Sunset on Third Street-

B00637_01.jpg

2. A Moment To Remember

B00587_01.jpg

3. The Brother Grimms

4. Elizebathtown (Debut)

1000392_01.jpg

5. Spring Snow

6. In her shoes (Debut)

mo3810.jpg

7. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride

8. Abudeka

9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

10. Mobile Suit Z Gundam 2

Source: Ranking http://www.cinemanavi.co.jp/info/last.html

Story of the week:

Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom (in Elizabethtown) and Cameron Diaz (in In her shoes) are unable to dislodge Jung Woo Sung and Son Ye Jin (in AMTR) in the Japan Box office ranking even on their debut. It is important for the korean movie industry that Eraser is riding on top of big western movies such as 'The Brother Grimms', 'Tim Burton's Corpse bride', 'Elizabethtown' and 'In her shoes'. That means a good Korean movie can attract more Japanese movie goers than western movies with mega stars. This will raise the export value of korean movies to Japan.

At the top is still a tussle between ALWAYS and AMTR. ALWAYS was no.1 for the weekend of 5-6 Nov with AMTR overtaking it as no.1 for weekday 7-11 Nov. The difference in the box office position is likely to be a result of the more family-oriented appeal of ALWAYS versus AMTR. You don't want to bring your children to see a movie of a couple struggling with their lives because the wife has contracted Alzheimer's Disease in a typical weekend family outing.

Lee Yeong-ae's Sympathy for Lady Vengeance also debuted this last weekend but didn't make it to the top 10.

Japan Box Office 7 - 11 Nov 2005

1. A Moment To Remember

B00587_01.jpg

2. The Brother Grimms

B00631_01.jpg

3. Corpse Bride

mo3736.jpg

4. ALWAYS -Sunset on Third Street-

5. Spring Snow

6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

7. Takeshis

8. Saw 2

9. Abudeka

10. Mobile Suit Z Gundam 2

Source: BIGLOBE, http://broadband.biglobe.ne.jp/index_ranking.html

Japan Box Office 5 - 6 Nov 2005

1. ALWAYS -Sunset on Third Street- (Debut first week)

B00637_01.jpg

2. A Moment to Remember, (3rd week)

B00587_01.jpg

3. The Brothers Grimm (Debut first week)

B00631_01.jpg

4. Spring Snow (2nd week)

5. Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (3rd week)

6. Charlie and the chocolate Factory (9th week)

7. Abudeka (3rd week)

8. Mobile Suit Z Gundam 2 -Lovers- (2nd week)

9. TAKESHIS’ (Debut first week)

10. Saw 2 (2nd week)

AMTR fever continuing in Japan

Box office of AMTR:

22-23 Oct 05 weekend, No.1

24-28 Oct 05 weekly, No.1

29-30 Oct 05 weekend, No.1

31 Oct - 4 Nov weekly, No.1

5-6 Nov weekend, No.2

7-11 Nov weekly, No.1

12-13 Nov weekend, No.2

AMTR has achieved 1.8 billion yen as at 13 Nov 2005.

Need another 0.6 billon yen to be top grossing Korean movie in Japan....

Need another 1.2 billion yen to be top grossing Asian movie in Japan...

90's ? ...Ye jin is only 23 years old and I think she only started her acting career around 2000/2001...hehe..

Yah, but she won the Blue Dragon for Most Popular Star in 2003.

I can't understand how people can still say she cannot act. Looking at Ye jin's track records, more likely is some people don't know how to appreciate good acting. Some people need dramatic storyline and exaggerated behavious (such as cry until there is a mini flood) before they can tell there is acting in a little 20" TV screen. I am not surprised.

Hehe... aww sorry Wisey. I was then baffled. :P

Yeh know, da Philippines also identify Yejin as a Queen Of Melodrama thus Filipinos attach an importance to her performing artz toning those peeps who recognize her actin knack.

Son is doin really great okie.

Hehe... aww sorry Wisey. I was then baffled. :P

Yeh know, da Philippines also identify Yejin as a Queen Of Melodrama thus Filipinos attach an importance to her performing artz toning those peeps who recognize her actin knack.

Son is doin really great okie.

Yejin already won da Blue Dragon Award back in da 90's.

Just saying Ye jin could not have won in da 90's....because she only started acting in 2001...

AMTR has achieved 1.8 billion yen as at 13 Nov 2005.

Need another 0.6 billon yen to be top grossing Korean movie in Japan....

Need another 1.2 billion yen to be top grossing Asian movie in Japan...

Fine performance from the 'Best Actress Nominee' Ye jin in April Snow in the following scenes.

Why Ye jin deserves to win ^o^

Scene 1: Standing in front of a mirror

mirror_2.jpg

(the actual scene was a close-up of this scene but out of respect for Ye jin, I won't be posting that screen cap)

Ye jin stood in front of the mirror after her bath. Without a single word and without a single expression, all she did was to run her fingers across her chest and her belly. With these subtle movements, she conveyed emotions of confidence and contentment.

Here was a woman in love. The man she loved was also in love with her. She realised she was attractive. Why did her husband betray her? Did her husband find a career woman more attractive? The answers were no longer important. She was loved by the man she loved. She was beautiful. She has an attractive body.

Her contentment was felt by the audience. Even in her circumstances, she did not feel any guilt or hesitation. This was a woman ready to accept and embrace her new love.

What is acting? Ye jin could convey emotions without a single expression or word.

Scene 2: Hiding in the toilet

toilet_1.jpg

When the father-in-love of In soo came to visit In soo, instinctively the couple felt guilty. In soo gathered Seo Yeong's belongings and brought her into the toilet. He then suggested to go dinner with his father-in-law to get him out of the room.

After conjuring up an excuse, In soo returned to the Seo yeong that was still hiding in the toilet and many audience were moved by the delicate feelings of the couple.

Here they were. Two persons deeply in love with each other. Why was their love so tainted and so unholy? In soo was feeling apologetic to have to subject Seo Yeong to such treatment. Seo Yeong, looked up at him, gave him an understanding look and quickly tried to assure In soo everything was ok.

In this exchange, audience could feel Seo yeong's sadness for their predicament and her readiness to fight for their love. For this love, Seo Yeong was ready to face all kind of trials.

Again, no big movements or many words required. But many audience could feel the emotional turbulence going through the minds of the couple and Ye jin's face, directly in front of the camera, did much to convince the audience.

Scene 3: Can I hold on to the man I love?

hurting_1.jpg

In this scene, Ye jin just returned to hospital after their outing was cut short with the news that In soo's wife has regained consciousness. Suddenly it reminded Seo Yeong that they were still married.

After passing by a window and seeing In soo tending to his wife, Seo Yeong's mind was filled with lots of questions. Perhaps the new found love was a curse rather than a blessing. Could she hold on to the man she loved? Could they continue to see each other at the back of their spouses? Will In soo leave his wife and be with her? Was this the same feeling going through the minds of their spouses?

Simply by resting on her husband's chest, a man she no longer loved, Seo Yeong's eyes showed all the torments in her mind.

Scene 4: Parting

snapshot20051107232033.jpg

What more need to be said about the climax of the movie?

Just subtle movements. No loud crying. No tears was seen flowing down her cheeks. But the audience were moved by the love of the couple via Seo Yeong's smile on seeing In soo, then turning sad and finally breaking down. The crying in this scene was different to the loud crying on the way back from visiting the victim's funeral. The crying due to frustration and anger was disturbing and uncomfortable to the ears of the audience; but the crying out of love was tender and heart-wrenching.

Surely an actress who could touch the audience and conveyed so much emotions without a script and without much movements and expressions is good enough to win the Best Actress award.

Today in Korea Entertainment news, there was an interesting headline of :

"Son Ye jin versus Song Hye Kyo" in the Christmas season

Apparently, Arts of Seduction will be wrapped up earlier than expected and will be screened in Korea on 22 Dec.

parang000037jy.jpg

Song Hye Kyo’s first movie “Wind Wave Advisory” (directed by Jeon Yoon Soo, produced by I Films) is expected to hit the theaters around the same time.

In all fairness, I hope both movies do well. It is not just the effort of the female lead that will determine the box office outcome. Production, script and male lead are important factors too.

Ye jin has a top 10 movies for the year in Korea for 2002, 2003 and 2004

Lover's Concerto was no. 10 top grossing movie in Korea in 2002.

Crazy First Love was no. 10 top grossing movie in Korea in 2003.

AMTR was no. 5 top grossing movie in Korea in 2004.

2005.....April Snow won't make it to the top 10 for the year and Arts of Seduction will be screened at a bad time on 22 Dec 05. Looks like a year without a top 10 for the year for Ye jin. I wonder how does the Korea movie industry treat the box office of a movie such as AoS with a portion of the screening dates in two different years.

Guest sandrydc

I'm very happy to see a lot of good news for our YJ in these days.

My Wishes for Christmas Eve are:

SYJ will win Blue Dragon Award for The Best Actress.

"The Art Of Seduction" will be a big hit in this Christmas Season.

"A Moment To Remember" will be the top grossing Korean Movie in Japan.

I pray Santa Claus to spell my all wishes come true. Cheer