What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Guest Help She Can't Swim

this is totally nothing compared to the stuff everyone else made but its the first time I've made my own noodles (yet still with mom's guidance T_T) I cant cook ok -__-

noodlesvu8.jpg

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kiwistar

me and my friends are HORRIBLE at baking/cooking!! We had a bake sale in middle school and We spent the whole weekend baking like hundreds of cookies and brownies!!

Story 1. This guy put 1 cup of SALT instead of 1 cup of SUGAR. mmmm yummy, right?

Story 2. I didnt know what 'confection sugar' was, so in goes 1 cup of sugar instead of 1 cup of POWDERED sugar. haha...it was deliciously gritty icing ^^

And at the bake sale, the brownies were like literally falling apart every time we picked them up. ROFL well, they couldnt taste the cookies before they bought them [hahaha] We made more than $500 if I remember correctly!! All the money went to the Katrina fund!! =]

Oh, and that fried rice with cheese on it? My aunt made that for us once. it was HEAVENLY! Here is my really bad explanation of how to cook it: Make shrimp fried rice. Put it in a glass pan[?]. Melt some cheese...no idea what kind it was. It was white. Swiss? Mozzerella? oh well. Pour the melted cheese over the fried rice. Bake it in the oven for awhile. It's so good! And when it comes out nice and golden on top x] My aunt is an AMAZING cook. She has this awesome recipe for kimchi, but I dont have it right now. ^^;;

btw...I love this thread! *stares at pictures of yummy yummy food* All of you are AMAZING!! *jealous jealous*

I made White Chocolate Premier Lemon Cheesecake once! It was really yummy and really fattening and sweet. I made my own crust and everything!!! *proud* Should've taken a picture =_= o well, I'll be sure to post it next time =]

Oo, i love this thread!! i shall contribute :D

Picture%20002.jpg

i made lunch today.

some onigiri

grilled tofu (it's a little burnt >_>)

boiled kabocha (japanese pumpkin)

eggs wrapped in some left over kabocha.

Guest liloreobunny

Hi guys!

Sorry for the slow response about the cake. I'm a big bogged down with school and stuff, but I'll put up the recipe as soon as I get a minute. Ohh, I made another cake last weekend. Maybe I'll post it up. eh? Glad you guys like the cakes. Much more than what it initially recieved at the actual party. :crazy:

Fondant is a sugary paste, yes. But not terribly sweet. And, it's only a super thin layer. I actually frosted the cake with buttercreme frosting before covering it with fondant. :)

00020ze7.th.jpg

those chinese omelettet thingy.. that i turned from crepes into 摊煎饼 (?) i think that's what it's called

you need

1. 1 cup of all purpose flour

2. 3tbsp of butter

3. 1/2 cup of water

4. 2/3 cup of milk

5. add green onions if you feel like it

6. add a pinch of salt

7. i added OJ for fun.. but it didnt come out tasting like it.. i guess for vit. c

8. after i made it.. i made a platter of fillings for it.. veggies and bulgoki.. lol.. like a mix of taste of food.. and soy sauce dips for taste.

9. use medium heat.

Guest Justalilodreamer

^ i made one with my cousin too but yours looks 100000X better T_T how did u make the sugar thing at the top and how did u flip the custard out without ruining it? we tried but it stuck to the bottom of the puddling bowl thing and the pudding didn't come out easy T_T

XD

i dont have a picture of how it looks like after i flipped them out ..

DSCF6901.jpg

Guest Ladyhawke

251508786a51e1dca43kc6.jpg

I made Iggy In The Basket and Dinty Moore Beef Stew (not shown).

Iggy in the Basket is a simply me taking a nice piece of bread, cutting a shape out of the center, cooking the bread in a little Olive Oil butter (coating both sides) and dropping an egg in the middle. If you look closely you will notice the shape is a heart. :):D

Guest `soliloquy

I've been wanting to come by here for the longest time, but each time I'd come on soompi, I'd end up at the other sections the whole day :rolleyes:

Made these today, blueberry muffins!

2206061528vs9.jpg

2206061537ny6.jpg

This was from about a week ago, jam drops! Rasberry and apricot!

1609062117xm3.jpg

1609062115ax2.jpg

Last few pictures, for now! - Fresh fruit tartlets{bro requested for these so being a good sister, I made a whole batch for him <_< }

p1010147ur5.jpg

p1010153vg7.jpg

Guest ilovetakeshi

^ *ayu*, those look divine! :) Do you have recipes for those?

I made flan, a custardy cake, today. It was yummy ^^.

1000973wx5.jpg

Oh, how'd you get yours to look so good?! Whenever i make this, it doesn't look half as good :o

Basically, i wonder the exact same questions as Justalilodreamer B)

Guest `soliloquy

^ilovetakeshi, I do have recipes for those, I'll post them up when I can alright?

Perhaps at the recipe thread! =]

Guest xmoogle

My mom and I made these this morning. Dai Bao! :w00t:

pa011396af3.jpg

pa011398sf9.jpg

pa011399fk9.jpg

The last two pictures are the unsteamed ones. The first one is fully cooked. :)

Guest i ♡ jamkooruhgi`

I've been wanting to come by here for the longest time, but each time I'd come on soompi, I'd end up at the other sections the whole day :rolleyes:

Made these today, blueberry muffins!

2206061528vs9.jpg

2206061537ny6.jpg

This was from about a week ago, jam drops! Rasberry and apricot!

1609062117xm3.jpg

1609062115ax2.jpg

Last few pictures, for now! - Fresh fruit tartlets{bro requested for these so being a good sister, I made a whole batch for him <_< }

p1010147ur5.jpg

p1010153vg7.jpg

recipe please:]

Guest tian`tian

Don't quote pictures!!!! >.>

Anyways, I made flan with my roommate a while ago...but we didn't flip it out. We just ate it as is in the dish. :D

lala0407rl.jpg

Yeah...so the brown stuff is the liquidy melted sugar. We kind of burned the sides of the dish a bit. XD But it was DELICIOUS!!

Also made some cheesecake with my bf before..and we just dumped blueberries on top. Lol

1yr0014kq.jpg

Guest minwoogrl

^ *ayu*, those look divine! :) Do you have recipes for those?

Oh, how'd you get yours to look so good?! Whenever i make this, it doesn't look half as good :o

Basically, i wonder the exact same questions as Justalilodreamer B)

well I just caramelized sugar and poured it into a souffle cups, and then I made the custard and poured it in on top of the sugar and let it cool before I put it in the fridge. But I guess the sugar melts as you pour the hot custard into the bowl. Mine comes out real easily, it doesn't stick at all. How do you do it?

anyways, those tartlets look AMAZING!!

Archived