What I Baked/cooked Today Thread

Guest Help She Can't Swim

^ that looks really good but I've never heard of them. Are they supposed to be savoury?

These are french macaroons, got the recipe from a japanese patissier. These are meringue cookies with buttercream flling :)

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xsilentangel

The sauce is full of different Asian condiments.

I buy normal tofu and dump the sauce and tofu together on a wok (Chinese large pan) with a spatula.

I had a small bowl of freshly cut scallion to top it off in the end.

Lol.. my dad taught me how to make it since he use to be a cook.

Oh! The egg tarts look pretty good!! I really like them...yummy yummy!

I attempted a Japanese cheesecake today. I substitute regular cream cheese for fat free but it still turned out alright. Maybe I didn't have enough water for the water bath since the tray I used wasn't very deep. It didn't turn out as light and fluffy as it should've, I don't think...

dsc01682oq1.jpg

My attempt to garnish a slice and make it look cool but it's not a "real" cheesecake so it looks kinda funny:

dsc01684mi5.jpg

ooooo can i have the recipe???? that looks sooooo good.

t0kki~ it seems like you're an awesome cook. Ever think of becoming a chef?

Hahah I haven't looked at this thread in awhile (work+school) @.@

Lol, I actually did think about going to a culinary school but I'm a slow worker so I had a feeling I'd get yelled at to cut w/e faster and end up cutting my hand off :XX

ooooo can i have the recipe???? that looks sooooo good.

I'm not the one who posted those pictures but I saw a recipe for Japanese cheesecake just yesterday:

http://cake.allrecipes.com/az/93280.asp

It got 4.5 stars so it must be really good!

I made this one last night and had a little taste this morning:

2928.jpg

(not my picture but it did turn out like that)

White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake

Guest liloreobunny

Made some cakes. WOOO FONDANT!! i'm taking these pics from my xanga...cuz I posted them there first. HAHA.

lemon cake w/ white chocolate truffle filling (sorry...no pics of the inside :( )

z43843930.jpg

plain chocolate cake

z43844053.jpg

Guest ilovetakeshi

Made some cakes. WOOO FONDANT!! i'm taking these pics from my xanga...cuz I posted them there first. HAHA.

z43843930.jpg

z43844053.jpg

Woah! How'd you make THAT? You're ridicuously good! :o

Guest liloreobunny

Woah! How'd you make THAT? You're ridicuously good! :o

thankssss! :blush: I really like making cakes...hah. But if u look closely, u can totally see imperfections. I'm not so great. They're fun to make though!

Guest liloreobunny

Well it looks pretty damn perfect to me :blink: I'd cry if i could bake something half as good as that :w00t:

practicee!! haha. Actually, the sad part is that I made those 2 cakes for my friend's birthday. And at the end of the party...everyone was too drunk to eat it. So like, maybe 1/4 of the blue one was eaten and ...well, *cry* i thinks the rest of the cake and the other got thrown away some time afterwards. Makes me sad.

Guest hat3_betrayaL

practicee!! haha. Actually, the sad part is that I made those 2 cakes for my friend's birthday. And at the end of the party...everyone was too drunk to eat it. So like, maybe 1/4 of the blue one was eaten and ...well, *cry* i thinks the rest of the cake and the other got thrown away some time afterwards. Makes me sad.

can you post the recipe for the cakes? 'cause it looked really awesome and delicious!

Guest mrs. pakman

my nephews came over a few nights ago and we made pizzas together.

192726.jpg

192733.jpg

yeah...the pizza was really good. so good that we were so busy eating it and forgot to take pictures of the finished product. xP but it looked basically the same uncooked. haha.

lemon cake w/ white chocolate truffle filling (sorry...no pics of the inside :( )

z43843930.jpg

plain chocolate cake

z43844053.jpg

seriously, how did you make that?

Guest c a t h e r s

^ omg. thats like........incredibly gorgeous. please share how you made it >_<

mrs.packman: your nephews are sooooo cute. the left one reminds me of hye sung XD

Archived