p1010153vg7.jpg

Fresh fruit tartlets

Ingredients for pastry.

250 grams butter

100 grams sugar

500 grams plain flour

1 egg

Method.

1. Cream butter and sugar till pale white. Add in the egg.

2. Add in the flour slowly and knead well. Place into tart moulds and bake at about 160 degrees for 15-20 minutes. (Oven temp will differ with respective ovens.)

Ingredients for custard filling.

500ml water

500ml freshmilk

225 grams sugar

110 grams custard powder

1 egg (optional)

Method.

1. Boil water and sugar together.

2. Mix freshmilk, custard powder and egg together. Pour into No.1 and cook until slightly thick.

Method for making the glaze.

1. Boil 1/2 tablespoon of agar-agar powder, 150ml water and 50 grams sugar together.

2. This will be the glaze.

For assembling the tart.

1. Remove the cooled tarts from their moulds and place into paper cups.

2. Pipe or scoop the custard into the tart pastry, being careful not to over fill.

3. Arrange fruits on top.

4. Glaze with the agar-agar mixture you have just made.

5. Store in air tight containers in the fridge.

----

Thanks everyone, for all the compliments. They're actually quite easy to make, especially if you rope in a few people to help you out, instead of like myself- I had to do EVERYTHING while the brother just eats. <_<

By the way, the custard for the recipe may be too much, as in you'll get leftovers even after all the tarts have been filled, so you may want to reduce the recipe for the custard filling =]

---

2206061537ny6.jpg

Blueberry muffins

makes 13.

270g self-raising flour

170g castor sugar

250g sour cream

2 eggs

120g white chocolate (either chips, or chunks)

90g butter (melted)

160g blueberries (fresh or frozen)

1. Sift flour, add sugar and stir to combine.

2. Place sour cream, eggs and butter in a bowl and whisk till smooth. In my case, I use a Kenwood mixer.

3. Stir sour cream mixture through flour and sugar.

4. Sprinkle blueberries, and chocolate, Stir once. Spoon into muffin cups until 2/3 full. Bake for 12-20 minutes at 160 degrees.

One important thing to note with muffins is to never overbeat the mixture more than necessary. An overbeaten mixture will result in flat and hard muffins. When folding in the flour and sugar, it would be best to use your hands, instead of a machine.

Also, another thing, spooning in too little mixture into the cups or using too low an oven temperature will result in muffins that are lop-sided at the surface.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pinkxlilies

wow all the food in here looks so delicious :P

Here is what i made:

chocolate covered strawberries

DSCF2077.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2071.jpg

sushi

DSCF2022.jpg

DSCF2020.jpg

edit: omg sorry the pics turned out so huge :sweatingbullets:

question:

I've tried to make white chocolate covered strawberries before, but how do you melt white chocolate, i melted it in a double boiler and it basically turned to chalk.

also it was weird because i used ghirardelli's ㅠㅠ

Guest pinkxlilies

hehe thanks guys : D i brought them to a potluck and my friends ate them all before i could even have a third one

shup: i used a microwave. i'm guess ghirardelli's is a good brand of chocolate? i just used whatever kind there was at the grocery store and it was really cheap too (2.30 CDN per bag)

Guest ilovetakeshi

I think I'll post the recipes here and at the Recipe thread =]

Thanks so much for your recipes *ayu*! I'll go copy these down now hehe :D

If it's not asking for too much, do you think it's ok if you could post your recipe for those delicious japanese Drops too? Thank you! :)

Guest `soliloquy

Thanks so much for your recipes *ayu*! I'll go copy these down now hehe :D

If it's not asking for too much, do you think it's ok if you could post your recipe for those delicious japanese Drops too? Thank you! :)

It's the least I could do! If you have any problems trying out the recipe, feel free to ask me alright?

Also, with the oven temperatures, it really depends on what kind of oven make yours is.

I use a baby belling, so I pretty much tune my temperatures according to the oven manual.

So do feel free to change the oven temperatures =]

Oops! I forgot about the jam drops! XD

Here they are! =]

1609062115ax2.jpg

Jam drops

Ingredients

2 cups self-raising flour

1 cup sugar

1 egg

180g butter

jam (apricot/raspberry)

Method

1. Beat butter and sugar until creamy.

2. Add in the egg, mix only until mixture is smooth.

3. Add in sifted flour, mix.

4. Roll them into small balls, poking the middle with your finger

to create a well to spoon in the jam.

5. Spoon in some jam, enough just to fill the indentation. Bake

at about 160-180deg for about 10minutes.

---

pinkxlilies, those strawberries look absolutely enticing!! YUMMY!

Guest ilovetakeshi

Thanks for the recipe *ayu* as always :P

I'll be sure to ask if i have any problems -i'm not all that great of a baker -i love to cook but my skills aren't exactly finely tuned :unsure: Also, what's a baby belling? I don't even know what i have... :blush:

*ayu*, if you haven't already got one, i really recommend creating a food/recipe blog! :D

Your photography is really good too...for some reason, when i take pictures of my cooking results, the camera never focuses! It's always blurry :angry:

Btw, are you from Oz? :)

Guest `soliloquy

Thanks for the recipe *ayu* as always :P

I'll be sure to ask if i have any problems -i'm not all that great of a baker -i love to cook but my skills aren't exactly finely tuned :unsure: Also, what's a baby belling? I don't even know what i have... :blush:

*ayu*, if you haven't already got one, i really recommend creating a food/recipe blog! :D

Your photography is really good too...for some reason, when i take pictures of my cooking results, the camera never focuses! It's always blurry :angry:

Btw, are you from Oz? :)

Hello ilovetakeshi, the pleasure's all mine really.

I enjoy sharing my tried and tested recipes around, that way everyone can have good food and at a fraction of the prices outside! =]

I'm sure you'll get better as you go along, baking is all about practise + that little bit of luck.

A baby belling is a type of oven, it's just branded that.

It's quite big if I may say so, because both mom and I bake tons, so we invested in baking stuff - a really good oven + kenwood mixer and stuff.

The thing to note with temperatures is that for the smaller ovens, you'll tend to use higher temperatures than the bigger ovens like mine.

So sometimes, when my friends try out the recipes, i had to remind them to check their oven temperatures!

I do have a blog, but a foodblog? Sobs.

I just post my recipes on my blog, but most of the stuff in my blog are rantings and such! Hardly a foodblog!

I don't think I can maintain one, what's with school being a pig most times.

But I do post my recipes on my cyworld, whenever I make them!

Believe it or not, the photos I took are all taken on my Motorola Razor V3x!

What's important is the angle, macro mode and lighting. =]

I'm not from Oz, I'm from Singapore!

Do I sound like someone from Oz? Just curious!

Are you from Oz, by any chance?

Guest asukaxD

Made these on Saturday! Blueberry Muffins <3

DSC03590.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

Well my mom made this but it was delicious =D

Salmon + Veggie soup!~

DSC03594.jpg

White Chocolate Brownie cookies that I made 2 weeks ago =D

DSC03506.jpg

question:

I've tried to make white chocolate covered strawberries before, but how do you melt white chocolate, i melted it in a double boiler and it basically turned to chalk.

also it was weird because i used ghirardelli's ㅠㅠ

Did water or steam go in? cos usually chocolate tends to separate as soon as it hits a drop of water : <

The jam drops look tasty T _ T ...

Guest ilovetakeshi

asukaxD: Could i please have the recipe for your white choc brownies? Those look scrumptious!

*ayu* : Thanks for the help! As you can see, i really don't know anything about kitchen equipments lol

In any case, if you ever do plan to start a foodblog, be sure to let me know 'cause it'll be my daily stop over! ;)

Well, actually yeah you sounded Oz to me 'cause your recipes were in grams, etc (the same measurements as us) hehe.

And yep, i'm from Australia. Sydney to be exact :)

Thanks once again! :D

Guest `soliloquy

whoa that picture of the jam drops is taken with your razr? that's incredible.

Ditto! It's pretty unbelievable what a 2 Megapixel camera can do eh?

*ayu* : Thanks for the help! As you can see, i really don't know anything about kitchen equipments lol

In any case, if you ever do plan to start a foodblog, be sure to let me know 'cause it'll be my daily stop over! ;)

Well, actually yeah you sounded Oz to me 'cause your recipes were in grams, etc (the same measurements as us) hehe.

And yep, i'm from Australia. Sydney to be exact :)

Thanks once again! :D

no problem ilovetakeshi, you'll be the first to know if I do =)

Ahh, I really hate using cups, so everytime I try out a recipe with cups, I end up converting them into grams before trying it out!

You're Australian, neat! Quite a few soompiers from where you stay, unlike Singapore!

asukaxD, those muffins look really good, gah! I'm hungry - again.

Guest `soliloquy

^ Mine's just a 2megapixel, which actually pales in comparison to what real photography enthusiasts use to photograph their foodies!!

Anyways, made these today, these are pretty asian yummys, so I don't know if you guys have seen these before!

gsbhe7.jpg

Curry;

rkmk8.jpg

This is somewhat of a bread, eaten dipped with curry;

mmcpa9.jpg

Guest JayCy90

OMG~ Looking at the food makes me hungry. :tears:

I absolutely LOVE~ baking. I used to watch my mum bake but now, it's my turn to bake :P

Baked cheesecake,butter cake, pineapple tart, peanut cookies, 'chocolate moist cake'..yummy~ My mother's signature food.Too bad I always forgets to take pictures of the things I bake. I only have a few to share. Recently baked a banana cake though. The texture was wonderful~ Not dry and not too moist.^^ I actually used the butter cake recipe :ph34r: After adding some mashed ripe bananas, I just lessen the amount of milk ^^

Chocolate Chip Cookies!!

dsc01168co0.jpg

dsc01165uf2.jpg

dsc01169go0.jpg

I love to eat carrot cake too. :P My mum help me in baking it.

dsc03788su3.jpg

Guest sphynkter

baked honey mustard riblets~

100_3381.jpg

what temperature and for how long do you bake your ribs?

^ Mine's just a 2megapixel, which actually pales in comparison to what real photography enthusiasts use to photograph their foodies!!

Anyways, made these today, these are pretty asian yummys, so I don't know if you guys have seen these before!

gsbhe7.jpg

Curry;

mmcpa9.jpg

This is somewhat of a bread, eaten dipped with curry;

rkmk8.jpg

whoa the curry and bread looks really good. seriously you should have a recipe blog. can you post a recipe for the bread and curry because it looks soooooo good.

Guest `soliloquy

asukaxD and crackednut, I'd love to give you the recipe for the sesame balls, but these are made by feel of hand.

I don't have a recipe for them unfortunately!

Hmm.. but I can roughly gauge the ingredients for you.

Sweet potato{boiled and mashed}, glutinous flour, rice flour, water for the dough.

As for the filling you can get ready-made ones, pre-packed.

My red bean filling has been done from scratch, so the steps are much longer;

ie. soak the red beans, pressure cook them till they're soft, in a separate wok make some a mixture of gula melaka {something like brown sugar, but kinda different}, sugar, and then make it into a syrupy mixture before adding in the pressure cooked red beans. Then comes the tedious part = stirring.

Anyways, if you skip the homemade red bean filling, take equivalent amounts of dough, wrap it around the filling and make it into a ball. Wet the exterior and roll it around in sesame seeds.

Deep fry until golden brown and poof! There you have it!

I'm sorry I can't give you the exact measurements, cause I just mixed the ingredients in by hand )=

JayCy90, your cookies looks heavenly! + your carrot cake! To die for!

poloblue, I really suck at cooking seriously.

So for the stuff I cook, everything's made by feel of hand - unlike when I bake, I'm very particular with my measurements.

Sheesh, so I really don't know how I can give the recipes for them when I don't know the exact measurements!

sphynkter, thanks for the generous compliments! (=

I don't know how to type the recipes out seriously TT___TT

Because there's no fix recipe!! Errr.. what if I just type out the ingredients and leave out the amounts?

I'll add in the method as well.

I don't know how else I could go around doing this. Puhahaha, the thing with cooking is that nothing's fixed, these are recipes I picked up from hanging around mom in the kitchen, so I don't have specific measurements.

Do let me know (=

peachiez89, ditto!

Anything with red bean is love to me!! <333

littlebutter_210, OMG. You cooked all THAT?!

Envious. I need to learn how to make sushi seriously, my brother is much better at them than I am!

Anyways, to share what I made today:

These wedges are made with Mc Cormick's instant seasoning, so it's really easy XD

Before they were popped into the oven:

cnwer1.jpg

Egg tarts:

et1ow9.jpg

et2fh0.jpg

Archived